• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Astra Story ★ OOC

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years

• ASTRA STORY
    a SBURB roleplay based on Homestuck. Rated M; things tend to die.

IC

You are a teenager living somewhere on planet Earth. One day, you get an e-mail containing some files and a polite and exciting invitation to play an "important game" called SBURB. It appears that more people got the invitation, because as soon as you install and start up the attached game file, there is also a chat program called Pesterchum with a list of "chums" that appears to be more and more other players connecting to the game. Very well, time to get playing?

If you only knew what you were getting yourself into. Before too long, you will realize that you have inadvertently caused the end of the world. And if you care at all about your own life and humanity as a whole, you'd better finish playing SBURB. Sorry, but it's destiny. Or is it something else?

Clarifications / Rules
    This is a RP connected to the Homestuck fanclub here on PC. As such, the players are more or less already recruited and all of us know Homestuck and the canon workings of SBURB decently well. We'll figure the details out as we go! If you are not part of the HS fanclub but would still like to join, please send me (Pikachu) a private message and tell me a little bit about yourself :3 Or just join the fanclub, you know. It's fun!

Aspect / Class
    I'll provide a list of canon aspects and classes and we can discuss in this thread who should have what. But I think that I'll reserve TIME for myself, because it's probably easiest for the GM to deal with shenanigans like that, don't you think? Or perhaps one of you think you can handle the time troubles well enough c:

When deciding on aspect and class, consider this: SBURB is a real bully. Aspects determine WHAT you can do/manipulate/have an affinity with. Class determines HOW or WHEN you should do it. If you are selfish, you are likely to be given a class like KNIGHT or ROGUE to evolve in the other direction. If you don't believe in yourself, perhaps you'll become a PRINCE or THIEF and learn that you're doing great when you benefit yourself. Etcetera! Here's a great post on aspect dualities.

LIFE - DOOM
    LIGHT - VOID
    TIME - SPACE
    HEART - MIND
    BREATH - BLOOD
    HOPE - RAGE

Creation classes: MAID - SYLPH
    Destruction classes: BARD - PRINCE
    Redistribution classes: THIEF - ROGUE
    Exploitation classes: KNIGHT - PAGE
    Knowledge classes: SEER - MAGE
    Change classes: HEIR - WITCH

Need to know more?
    You'll get to decide your own strife specibus, living arrangements, denizen, consorts, name of your LAND etc. If it can be assumed that we all try to be as canon when it comes to SBURB as possible, and discuss here in the OOC thread whenever things dive into unknown territory, I don't think I need to go about explaining every part of the game in detail here. Right? But basically, as soon as we start RPing, I think the players should strike up conversations with each other by simulating pesterlogs in our IC posts :3 Check out an old Homestuck RP of mine to see how we did it there. Quirks are hella annoying unless they are very carefully done and light. But you should have your own distinctive color and two letter abbreviation of a chumhandle, of course! All of this will become clear once we begin. Don't worry c:

But a basic idea you can carry with you is that this session, as I've planned now at least, won't be nearly as glitchy and stressed as Homestuck's Beta kid session was. Rather, it will be more like the Alternia troll session. We go through our respective planet quests, preferably with a friend or two by our side, and build our houses up towards Skaia when we get enough grist and other resources to do so. And we alchemize. A lot :D:D:D But I can't promise there won't be any weird twists at all ;)

Sign-up sheet
    Name:
    Gender: (and by that I mean sex, I guess. Do you want to complicate things?)
    Theme song: (if you wish. Can be anything)
    Appearance: (picture or written)

Family: (what people/pets are you living with or are important in your life?)
    Home: (what does your house/living arrangements look like? Give pictures or sketch, or just describe a bit. You can tell your server player more in detail later)
    Personality: (make this in-depth! Not just a tiny paragraph. Expand on who your character is!)
    History: (as much or little as you feel is necessary. Perhaps you want to leave some for ideas you'll get later, or simply leave it shrouded in mystery for the others)

Preferred class: (and a motivation! I actually think it should be obligatory to explain why you think a certain class fits)
    Preferred aspect: (and a motivation for it if you find it necessary but it's not obligatory imo)
    Chumhandle: (and color! preferably with a hex code)
    LAND: (Land of X and X)
    Denizen: (you can take a canon one or invent your own, based on some mythological creature/god!)
    Consorts: (I guess some kind of reptilian/amphibian creature makes the most sense? I'm not overly iffy if you want koalas though)

Players

Pikachu: PRINCE of TIME
    Ash / temporalTarget [TT]
    PROSPIT dreamer - Land of Traps and Seasons LOTAS

Aiden: HEIR of HEART
    Gav / odiumLeviathan [OL]
    PROSPIT dreamer - Land of Crystals and Trees LOCAT
    has a SISTER

Omicron: THIEF of MIND
    Adrian / courageousCanine [CC]
    DERSE dreamer - Land of Moss and Portals LOMAP

Fairy: MAID of HOPE
    Gwen / crimsonAllegory [CA]
    DERSE dreamer - Land of Plains and Rays LOPAR
    has SLIMY and SCALY stuff (and a MOTHER)

aeternum: KNIGHT of SPACE
    Timothy / nacreousChampion [NC]
    PROSPIT dreamer - Land of Mazes and Frogs LOMAF
    has an UNCLE and a GEOLOGIST

DLMuerte: MAGE of BREATH
    Ryan / rhetoricalSymphony [RS]
    PROSPIT dreamer - Land of Towers and Oceans LOTAO
    has a MOTHER and a SIS

Milotic: WITCH of VOID
    Belle / reclusiveReverie [RR]
    DERSE dreamer - Land of Rain and Pumpkins LORAP
    has a PAPA

Davepetasprite^2: ROGUE of LIGHT
    Nadia / impurrfectStraggler [IS]
    DERSE dreamer - Land of Salt Domes and Milk LOSDAM
    has a big BROTHER

Wizardman11: PAGE of LIFE
    Evelio / monstrousMoss [MM]
    PROSPIT dreamer - Land of Rocks and Riddles LORAR
    has a CAT

Hopeless Masquerade: SEER of DOOM
    Evelyn / virulentErudite
    DERSE dreamer - Land of Turtles and Dances
    has an Aunt

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Looking forward to seeing your full char, Aiden!

I think I'm going for Witch or Prince of Time. Both will lead to some cool use of the aspect.

Edit: so hard to decide! A prince of time would "destroy time" or "destroy with time" which is almost too thrilling to base a rp char around. Yes. I can't resist. Witch of Time would be a Damara/Doc Scratch's girl slave and nah.

I just realized that if we're not trolls, we won't have psychic abilities... But again, it might be easier for newcomers if we're simply humans now. I think!

Last edited:

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • Editing, adding stuff! Almost finished, yay.

Aaaaaaah, count me in! I'll edit this post later today since I'm in class and can't right now. :p

Sign-up sheet
    Name: Adrian La Reue
    Theme song: Even In Death
    Appearance:
    At 175 cm, Adrian isn't tall nor short. He has a naturally athletic build, He fences and therefore is in good physical shape. he has an athletic build. He has tan skin and deep black hair. His eyes are an intense brown. He usually wears dark jeans or dress pants with slim fit buttoned shirts. He also wears a long coat that he loves. If it's cold, he'll also wear a scarf.

ThiefOfMind.png

Family: Adrian lives with a "foster" mother and father and his large female Alaskan Malamute named Arcadia. (I just now realized how similar to Aradia it is, but I didn't choose it because of that. x) ) He also has a mother and father back in France.
    Home: (what does your house/living arrangements look like? Give pictures or sketch, or just describe a bit. You can tell your server player more in detail later)
    Best sketch ever. I should do this for a living.
    Spoiler:

Personality: Although Adrian doesn't think he has many "friends", he has an active social life. He'll go out after school to the mall with his classmates and to parties at night during the weekends. Although others wouldn't hesitate calling him a friend, a natural distrust of people makes him avoid using that word. He feels as if making friends is irrational, as well as feeling. He tries to convince himself he doesn't and shouldn't feel, but deep inside he knows he can't do it nor live that way. He is a bookworm and enjoys solitude.
    History: Adrian's life has been very uneventful. Or at least that's how he would describe it. Because of that, he craves adventure. He has been living in the US for three years now, studying and staying in the house of a family so he can study there. Born in France to a rich family, Adrian lived most of his life in France. Fencing was one of his hobbies and how he learned to fight.

Preferred class: Thief. Thieves have great intentions and confidence on their skills, but they can also be very egocentric. A weak sense of morals help them take decisions that will benefit them the most without thinking it a lot. They are afraid of being seen as weak and won't trust other players easily.
    Preferred aspect: Mind. Mind players are all about decision making and logic. Rationality.

A Thief of Mind, would then be obsessed with making the most logical choices all the time. Afraid of emotions, they respond strongly against what they would consider illogical or too emotional. Thinking emotions will make them weak, they try to phase out their feelings, never being able to do so. They allocate rationality and knowledge to themselves, either to help them make the best decisions or to manipulate someone. Secretive, they also allocate mind to stealth themselves, if you're easily manipulative, a thief of mind would probably be able to make you ignore their presence. Very disciplined and with their objectives in sight, they won't let anything get in the way of their objectives.

Chumhandle: courageousCanine (#24596d)
    LAND: Land of Moss and Portals. (LOMAP)
    Denizen: Kukulkan, Feathered Serpent, Mayan God of the 9th Wind.
    Consorts: Little green geckos that enjoy theater.
    Dream moon: Derse
    Strife Specibus: Sabrekind

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Final update. No content changed, just aesthetics. Made it fancy for fun and because that seems to be the norm for these things!

HopeIcon_zps3649e4c3.jpg

Gwen Tannis
    MAID OF HOPE
    crimsonAllegory

xCbtlUx.png
    rBV3cPo.png

Name: ==> Gwen Tannis
    Theme song: Dreamers and The Dead

FAMILY
    ==> Gwen's family, at least those she chooses to recognize, are of the SLIMY and SCALY variety. She surrounds herself with many different fish friends of every species, to which she's even assigned personalities. Notable among them is a grumpy OCTOPUS named Dr. Vulgaris and two delightfully giddy Spotted SEAHORSES named Kuda and Cuda respectively. Gwen does not know which seahorse is which. Gwen also has a human mother, but she finds her unremarkable and believes she is keeping SECRETS from her. Their relationship is best described as distant and complex, functioning better as roommates that happen to be related than mother and daughter. She also has a PENCHANT FOR BRINGING HOME MEN whose ages make them more appropriately compatible with Gwen than her mother, causing her infinite grief and making her extremely uncomfortable wandering her home. Gwen much prefers the company of her true, AQUATIC family.​

HOME
    ==> Gwen lives in what could best be described as an aquarium. She has stacked her room carpet to ceiling with fish tanks of every size and variety and in some cases has COVERED those again with posters of fish. She likes to pretend she's a mermaid swimming along with her brethren and takes extra special care of her fishy family, even though mermaids are MAKE BELIEVE. Beyond her watery sanctuary sits a rather boring, generic home atop a boring, generic apartment building in a boring, generic city. Her home is near the top of the building, and it seems every person in the surrounding apartments is either in a trapped in a never ending DISCO RAVE or PERPETUALLY PREGNANT. But her fish tanks do help with the noise pollution, and for that she's thankful. Gwen thinks her city is simply too far from the coast and not nearly colorful or unique enough.​

PERSONALITY
    ==> A genuine and sincere young woman with great resolve, Gwen's greatest attributes are her ADAPTABILITY and her SOCIABILITY. She is generous to a fault, a little on the playful side, a touch bohemian, and gullible. Gwen sees reason and compromise as the remedy to all issues, but her resistance towards aggression can come across as meekness. Though, because she acts inward rather than outward, don't be surprised if she holds a grudge and DOESN'T TELL YOU.

She has an astounding tolerance for short tempered people and prefers to use diplomacy over action. She's careful never to permanently burn any bridges, both believing the good in people and seeing the individual strategic advantages they bring. Perhaps to the CHAGRIN of her teammates, Gwen readily gives second chances even when they're NOT NECESSARILY DESERVED.

While naturally passive, Gwen has a tendency to over analyze insignificant situations and apply meaning that doesn't exist, which can make her obtuse when dealing with issues she's passionate about. However her near OBSESSIVE need to be liked will usually win out over her own inclinations. She's outgoing and comfortable in many settings, preferring the company of people to solitude, but is relatively insecure about her place in the world. Still learning about herself and aware of her naivety, Gwen would much rather focus on healing YOUR PROBLEMS than working on HER OWN. Deep down she is a sweet girl who cares just a little too much, and will always put those she loves before herself. Selfless and hopeful, Gwen might be easy to take advantage of, but her allies prove more than enough strength to deal with any obstacles in her way.

Gwen has a wide variety of interests including hording marine life, the study of alchemy, meditation and healing, and torturing the Oboe. She might be a little bit in denial over how bad she actually is.

Her Strife Specibus is Netkind & Oboekind.
    Spoiler:

HISTORY
    ==> Gwen has only known the large city she lives in, seldom traveling outside of its concrete prisons. From time to time her and her mother move to different apartment buildings, presumably for work reasons, but they've always been similar in the most GREY and UNLIKABLE ways. She would tell you it's fine, but Gwen does secretly crave the freedom and quietness of more open areas. Surrounded by her fish tanks and her friends though, she feels a deep sense of BELONGING no matter the locale. By the time she was 13, Gwen had become estranged from her mother emotionally, no longer feeling dependent on her guardian for support. She has long since believed she was ADOPTED, but never had the courage or the audacity to bring it up. She grew resentful as evidence, though circumstantial, for her illegitimacy stacked up but no truth ever revealed. At the age of 15, Gwen began to merge her love of MARINE BIOLOGY and FANTASY into a rich and diverse universe from which she drew inspiration for her SYMPHONIES. Sitting for hours, Gwen would compose epic tales of princess mermaids and dashing land bound princes, then render them into song. She would play endlessly on her Oboe, hoping the distraction and the noise would keep any impending threats like NOSY MOTHERS and DESTRUCTIVE THOUGHTS away.​

PREFERRED CLASS
    ==> MAID: Fiercely loyal and compassionate, Gwen as the young maid serves her friends and companions best by PROTECTING them and projecting endless alacrity in the face of utter DEFEAT. Her disposition and inner strength allows her to provide, shield with, and serve her aspect, HOPE.​

PREFERRED ASPECT
    ==> HOPE: Despite feeling an ILL FIT WITH HER ASPECT, Gwen provides more than just moral and metaphysical support to her friends through her hope. It also manifests as a willingness to give or surrender for the greater good and the faith that everything will turn out for the better. She is able to make real the feelings of positivity and insight zeal and altruism in her teammates.​

MISC.
    Chumhandle: crimsonAllegory - [CA] - #771d11
    Land: LAND of PLAINS and RAYS [LOPAR]
    Spoiler:
    Denizen: Lernaean Hydra, the many-headed ancient serpentine water dragon.
    Consorts: Tiny, flying Manta Rays
    Dream Moon: Derse
    image.php

Last edited:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Looking forward to seeing your full char, Aiden!

Ok so I updated it. I'm not 100% happy yet, but just you wait.

I just realized that if we're not trolls, we won't have psychic abilities... But again, it might be easier for newcomers if we're simply humans now. I think!

I'm happy being a human, since there's a lot going on anyway. If there are trolls, perhaps make them NPCs? or GM controlled? I'm not sure about this one, but I mean, a universe-A/universe-B set-up ins't necessary per se, but it would make it closer to Homestuck. It's possible that we have to jump to the second incarnation of our universe and simply fix their mistake, without getting another universe involved I think. That would take time in itself, and I don't know how long you want this RP to go on for hehe.

If you wanted to do a universe-B too, then I think it's necessary to have it like it is in Homestuck, where it's barely a factor until we scratch our universe, if we even do. One of the Denizens could do something similar, or you know, something entirely different (YOU CAN'T ESCAPE THE MILES). So yeah, there's a lot of room to work with.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    oh, what song is dreamers and the dead? :3

And I think I have a plot in mind to guide you through Aiden :) trolls might fit in but not easily. We shouldn't downright copy Homestuck's plot imo. Less surprises then.

Edit: we probably need one SPACE player, who lives near a volcano somehow.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Edit: we probably need one SPACE player, who lives near a volcano somehow.

Well... Pompeii, next to Mt. Vesuvius? We should do a EU located HS js

Also, it's from the Alterniabound album iirc

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    wip
    Name: Ashling "Ash" Jenkins
    Theme song: Crystalanthemums (default), Crystalmethequins (battle), Crystalguitarthemums (tender moment), Crystalanthology (dreamself/god tier)
    Appearance: Ash is a rather PETITE girl, standing at a mere 160 cm height and weighing below 55 kg despite her relatively well shaped, almost MUSCULAR build. Her skin is very fair with an abundance of FRECKLES, and her hair is of an orangish RED variety. She most often keeps her curls in a long BRAID, reaching down below her "behind". On each side of her freckled button nose, sits a big eye with sea green iris. She doesn't bother with piercings but she often paints her nails black, possibly just to counter the overall bright kind of aura that her complexion and hair gives her.

Her normal style of clothing consists of dark leggings under short tunics of various colors, sometimes with chest prints. Usually armless, coupled with hoodies, also most often in dark colors.

Family:

Home: She lives in a CASTLE, is the simplest way to put it. On ENGLAND's countryside, somewhere pretty unimportant and green and RAINY. Her father inherited the large building from an unknown relative who apparently had no other relatives left, and now she lives there without really fitting into it. It's got one main body and two wings, so it's shaped like a horseshoe, kind of. One of the wings is for Ashling's father and his nefarious projects, and the main body is where they all really live. The second wing isn't really used and has many strange rooms and things. It seems like the old relative who used to live here, the COUNTESS as Ash mostly calls her, was either an explorer herself or just a really dedicated collector of artifacts from all over the world. There are too many rooms to count but Ash has made her home in one of them in the main body and it's huge which makes it feel rather EMPTY.

Personality: (make this in-depth! Not just a tiny paragraph. Expand on who your character is!)

History: (as much or little as you feel is necessary. Perhaps you want to leave some for ideas you'll get later, or simply leave it shrouded in mystery for the others)

Preferred class: PRINCE
    Somehow, Ash managed to get a class that sounds distinctly masculine. When she finds out, she's going to be a bit offended. But also empowered and triggered to fight harder. Hopefully.

Preferred aspect: TIME
    Ash wages a constant war with time. It always moves too slowly or too fast, and is never on her side. She hates it deeply and wished that it was more like a physical dimension she could walk through as she saw fit. How she will react when she finds out what her aspect is? Well...

Chumhandle: temporalTarget [TT] the color is "seagreen"
    LAND: LOTAS (Land of Traps and Seasons)
    Denizen: Jormundgand (midgard/world serpent in Norse mythology)
    Consorts: Chameleons
    Dream moon: PROSPIT

princess%20of%20time3_zpstnskanez.png

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Knight/maid of doom or knight of space would be my preferred roles. I'll edit this post tomorrow when I get home to my computer and do the actual sign up.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Good to have you here, Sonata :3 I'd love it if you went SPACE, we'd breed frogs together! No wait, that's not the Time player's job, it's the Knight's job iirc.

so.. Many mods.. Where are the others hahah

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • ... why am i the only non-mod here :(

put me down as Rogue of Light (coz Aiden snatched the Heart class from me ;~;)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    ... why am i the only non-mod here :(

put me down as Rogue of Light (coz Aiden snatched the Heart class from me ;~;)
    You can discuss between you :3 that's why I haven't crossed out your chosen titles yet. Buut I probably should since it makes is easier to see what's left.

And don't worry, here and now blue names don't mean a thing <3

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Name: Timothy Settle
    Theme song: Casual - Keepers Strife - Phaze and Blood God Tier - An Unbreakable Union

Family: Uncle Red and Danyis

Uncle Red is a simple Park Ranger for the Yellowstone National Park and the brother of your ex-father. He's a simple man of simple tastes and you admire him. If he's upset he'll let you know. If he's happy or excited, he'll let you know. All he has he lays bare for you to see and you aspire to be more like Uncle Red. He's become a real father figure for you after your first one disappeared on you at your 7th birthday. His real name is Radcliffe, but he doesn't like that name, and Rad just sounds silly as an abbreviation so he's called himself Red for as long as anyone can remember. He only has one arm, the other was viciously torn off by a bear one day on the job. His head is shaved and he wears a black baseball cap along with his Park Ranger outfit. He never seems to take the thing off. Danyis thinks it makes him look handsome so he apparently just has a closet filled with all the same outfits. Speaking of Danyis, the two of them are married and have been for about two years.

Danyis is a geologist who's currently studying the rising volcanic activity at the park - and she's more like your mother than you could have ever imagined. Initially she had moved into the house just so she could research and write her final essay so she could graduate, but she and your uncle became attached and now they're married and share the same bedroom. Which is fine for you since now you can go back to sleeping in your own room instead of staying on the couch all the time. Danyis nags you a lot about your future aspirations and really thinks that you should get a summer job and get away from the park for a while since all you ever do is go out with your Uncle, hunt down larger animals and sit on your tablet. While your uncle is handsome and someone to look up to for doing what he does, Danyis believes you to be quite intelligent and also believes that you have much more potential and should go to college and get some kind of degree. Maybe you could even take after your deceased father and go into Psychology? Danyis is kind of tomboyish and has short choppy black hair and usually wears jeans and tank tops or tee shirts.

Home: A small 2 bedroom shack at the base of the volcano. There is a room below the shack that Danyis built and uses for housing all of her equipment and observing the volcano. It's always locked either from the inside or out. She's asked if you wanted to go down there with her before, but you really could care less so you always blow her off. It supposedly cuts into the volcano at some point for a physical viewing port, but you think that's just a ploy to get you to finally go down there otherwise it'd have to be crazy spacious. The inside of your house is littered with things that you've slain and what little space in the house that isn't covered with your trophies has notes and warnings to you about not harming animals and getting in the way of mother nature's work. Red sure does like getting all up in your business, but he's cool so you let it slide.

Spoiler:

Personality: You hate confined areas. You enjoy looking up at the sky and you imagine yourself just floating away instead of being stuck to the same boring old chunk of rock. You spend most of your time outside, running around and protecting your 'friends' by killing the larger animals that would threaten them which you've gotten into trouble for more than once. You really hate being around the house since Danyis is there and she's always trying to get you to come and do research with her and just hang out and stuff. But you're not really into all that.

When you aren't playing around out in the woods you have a few collectible cards that you enjoy playing with. You also have a deck of tarot cards that you use to pretend to tell people's fates for shits and giggles. They were only $100 on some weapons catalogue you found online one time and thought why not? They've got a tempered steel edge and they're like holographic or something. They're pretty cool and you're really actually quite proud of them. The little pictures are all hand drawn and they're suspended in some kind of goo. You hate to think the mess that would be made if one of them were to break open so you usually keep them locked away in a neat little embroidered box that holds them all.

Your walls are decorated with pictures of cute anime girls and a varying assortments of weapons. Most of which you just admire for how well crafted they are. You've even got a couple of popular youtube blacksmiths to make you a couple of things which you use when you go out to protect your woodland friends. And yes, if your internet friends lived anywhere near you you'd probably even go out and protect them with your cool weapons if they ever got into trouble too. Speaking of which.

Your internet friends. There's seven of them in total, and each one you'd trust with your life - or maybe just invite them to your birthday party or something since that's a lot less extreme and likely to never come up. You're not all too confident in your own abilities, but you've been okay so far so you just kinda wing it on everything you do. Nobody ever really comes to you for emotional or life support or anything and you feel like if you didn't insert yourself into their lives every now and then they would just completely forget that you exist altogether.

Which is another of your biggest fears. You hate the thought of dying and being forgotten. You wish you could be someone important and have someone remember you for something. You don't care so much about the dying part, but when you think about being just another joe schmo in the history of the world you get hella depressed. Not that you'd ever let anyone know about that though.

You like to draw art for a certain popular card game and some of it has even been featured on cards printed by the company. A lot of people come to you for proxies since you don't charge a lot and you're not actually half bad at it. You're not the best, but you make money you guess which you use to buy more things that you like so it's not the worst thing you could be doing.

History: Both of your parents died in a freak accident at your seventh birthday party. After the event you moved out to live with your father's brother Red and then after about a year Danyis moved in and they married.

Preferred class: Knight - A real go getter and friend of the forest. Ever since he moved in with his uncle he's been running around protecting animals from harm which leaves him away from his computer more often than most. He's always doing something.
    Preferred aspect: Space - He wishes that he would have been gifted with the power over time instead so that he could save his parents from their early deaths. However he's more or less unconcerned with the flow of space-time or what effect his actions would have on it. But if someone else threatens to stomp on his domain you'd better watch out.

Chumhandle: nacreousChampion color is silver #c0c0c0
    Dream Moon: Prospit
    LAND: Land of Mazes and Frogs
    Denizen: Gaia - Greek Goddess, personification of the Earth and mother of all other Deities.
    Consorts: Parrots
    Ectobiological relations: Danyis - half sister of Tim made from Mom's DNA and Uncle Red's DNA

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ok, I feel like simultaneously hugging you and punching you right now. I had no idea Homestuck existed until I read this, and I'm happy that I discovered it, however I can't stop reading it. >:(

I feel like I shouldn't join this bc I have no idea what I'm doing yet, but I'll try to keep up. I do know the basics though, I read up to the start of the trolls' pov. I've read the wiki to see what the whole aspects/class thing was and I think I kind of understand? XD

Anyway, I'll reserve (leaning towards life for the aspect, but I'm really not stuck on it so if anyone else wants it feel free to take it)

The classes are a bit of a mystery to me (the wiki says "currently unknown exactly what this class does" for like all of them :P) so if anyone could briefly summarize them that would be great :D. I hope I can keep up with this w/out having read the whole thing, but I guess I'll find out :P

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I swear you guys I'm so tempted to join right now

Wait no I think I might.

I'll claim Void btw

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    > me looks up on my username
    > sees blue username
    > me thinks you are colorblind :P

well i guess i can do rogue of light :|

Please at least take Sylph dear!

So happy to see more people joining! Is there a deadline for character sheets?

disciplish

supreme meme machine
    Years
  • "It was inevitable." -ken's thoughts, 2015

Name: Ryan Grove
    Theme song:
    currently -~- HS Volume 9 ; Portrait
    battle -~- HS Volume 9 ; Stress
    god tier -~- Break of Reality ; Helix

We're got a decent appearance or two.
    Spoiler:

You have tanned skin, and soft brown hair. Your eyes are a dark blue like your mother's, but the hair is all Father's fault... not like you dislike your hair. It's cool and wavy and the tips reach your shoulderblades. You have a scar running across the bridge of your nose, but you sometimes wish you didn't because it's a reminder of your once-terrible cooking skills. You wear a sweet pair of glasses, mang. You were about six-foot-none last you checked, but it's been a while and you're due for a physical exam soon. You usually wear a white t-shirt and some really comfortable blue jeans, and for colder days you've got a gray t-shirt, a darker gray jacket, and... more blue jeans. Sometimes some shorts, like swimming trunk-y shorts. Or just normal shorts, too. You're also very well built, and somehow, your glasses refuse to slip off no matter what gravity says. It is a miracle. You tend to wear sandals and a necklace with a key on it.

It's actually the key to your house. Shh, don't tell anyone.

Family: Ryan's- well, your mother [in true HS fashion] is a blonde lady who has always considered herself well-off; well, she always did, anyway, until you got stuck with her in this incredibly old beach house. She's a bit of a drinker, but not enough that it's a defining trait. She used to work at some department store in New York City, but ever since the argument with your once-estranged sister, she's moved to an odd beach house with you and refuses to move back. It's nice, you can't lie, but you think she's overreacted. She paints for a living now that she can coast off of some inheritance she neglected to tell you about, and seems to be affectionate towards you often. Her room is full of paint supplies. As of late, she's fallen ill with some super stomach bug and needs to stay home to rest, and takes some sort of medicine for it. She'll be down for about two weeks, apparently.

Rufus is a young golden furred puppy that is probably a Golden Retriever but according to the vet he's actually a mutt. This doesn't change the fact that you love him anyway, especially once he quickly learned to pee in the sand instead of in the house. He's an intelligent fellow, although he tends to prefer lounging around under your bed instead of learning things, which is okay with you because you don't have to worry about much if he's there.

Sis is a rabid party hippie who goes to NYU and is studying to become some kind of emergency room doctor. She got into some big fight with your mom at some point, but she comes over anyway, and that's pretty cool. She gives really big hugs and got more of Mother's genes in terms of appearance, as well as is well-grounded in her future and knows what she wants out of it. She once lived with you all the time and played with you when you tended to be alone, which was always cool. Probably is your role model, except not really. Currently taking care of you while Mom is ill. Her name is Lissandra.

Father disappeared on your 13th birthday, and hasn't been seen since. He was a cool guy, always trying to get himself into some new trade to replace whatever old one he'd learned previously- being a college dropout- and usually could do well in many things but never focused on grounding himself. He seems to have passed that problem on to you.

Home: It's a gray beachhouse put together by what looks like driftwood. It stands on stilts but is in fact ridiculously sturdy. It sits on top of a large sand dune which apparently does have some kind of dirt base. It's about thirty minutes from civilization, and is on a small island incredibly close to Bermuda.

Spoiler:

It's nice and cozy. You and mom get your own rooms, and besides that there's a kitchen and a small living room. The walls aren't drab, but of a gray wood and are pretty cool. You lament that your uncle or whatever had to die to give you this stuff, but you probably don't lament that much because not only did he want to, you didn't even know him too well. Your room is full of brainteasers and a secret stash of peanut butter under a certain plank which you hope mom doesn't know about, along with a spoon. Your hammock is nice and well made; it's yellow-y niceness lulls you to bed at night. You have a desktop on your desk and a tablet stashed away somewhere. Books line your bookshelf and you can't help but notice that most things are gray in your room! At least, the furniture is, sans the hammock. You don't have a lamp in your room other than your desk-lamp, and although it can illuminate the room well you're usually asleep or in another room whenever you'd need it. There are loads of other things in your room, including rubix cubes which you could never bring yourself to solve, and the machete which leans on the wall. You also have a mesh bag filled with shells hanging from the ceiling, a few hatchets under the dresser, and ropes under the hammock. You keep a camera hanging from a wall, next to a picture of you, mother, father, and sis.

There's also a bunch of sick loot hidden under the stilts, such as some of mother's stuff.

Personality: Well, let's get the elephant out of the way first.

You're mute, due to a small accident which no one talks about anymore as a kid. It wasn't a big deal, but you can't speak, so you suppose that must mean that you should be using sign language? But that's kinda mainstream so you'll stick to carrying a notepad around instead. Due to your insistence on writing your words instead of signing them, your handwriting is extremely quick, precise, clean, and clear. You imagine you'd be good at mother's job due to this, but you've just never held much interest for it, just some respect. ...You sometimes daydream about how you'd sound if you could speak now and have an idea of what you'd sound like if you could, but you can't, so that's a moot point, you suppose.

You're quite a bit laid back, for sure. It seems to run in all ends of the family, and you don't know who to blame except for everybody who had a part in contributing to your genes [so, father], so you do. You tend to enjoy laughing a lot; of course, your laughs are actually wheezing and smiles, but they're close enough. Like your dad, you don't have a feeling of direction, even when presented with abundant freedom, and this is a problem that you'll need to face sooner or later, undoubtedly. Unlike your dad, you do have natural directional instinct, but you don't trust it enough to actively use it. Actually, you could say you haven't found it yet, except you can't, because... well no, you can say that. Your sister is living proof of it's existence, at least.

In general, though, you're silly and happy and many times teasing. You might do little dances here, or quick hops to the left, and in general just things that wouldn't always be considered the norm. Then again, you don't have your other standard form of communication, so your body expressions are more defined and brash. You also have a "healthy" obsession with peanut butter.

In person, you tend to seem quite aloof, since you're unable to speak and by extension are a bit of a lone wolf when… well, doing things, in your nondescript way. You find that you're adventurous and athletic, but although you think your freedom isn't too bad, you are pretty sure you're literally going nowhere in life. Generally, you find yourself spending days just talking with your internet friends instead of actually doing much. Besides Rufus and the village half an hour away and your Mom, they're basically your only friends since you can't be bothered to make the trip. In general, you're pretty sure you're one of the calmer ones in your network of friends, and can usually make educated decisions on things rather than rash ones. You also tend to be a bit of a leader, but usually only tend to step up when no one else wants to.

You've got a smartwatch to keep in touch, because you've usually found yourself wandering the beach and looking around and many times just chilling out on top of the radio tower which provides internet connection to your "humble abode." You never really asked whether that was legal or safe, but you're the only one who does anything there ever, so you doubt anyone cares. Although you live on a beach, you brought all your stuff over from the city, so you're pretty well connected with anything. You enjoy a lot of things, such as reading or using your brainteasers. You very much like exploring, but you tend to feel like there's so much exploring to be done around you that it bothers you, confuses you. You are amazing at somersaults and parkour, and your academic skills are average at best because of your self-driven education that wasn't 100% self-driven to begin with.

You don't take authority very seriously unless you treat said authority as an equal due to your parents' carefree nature in raising you. In terms of your physical ability, it works out pretty well and is one of things that you have in your favor. You learn well from experience and note-taking; textbooks just don't work for you, since although your working memory is really good your long term memory requires way more reinforcement. In terms of your personal thoughts, you've long been moving around all over the place, so you tend not to get too close or connected to people or things. This bothers you, but you're so used to never staying in one place for too long that it hardly matters; plus, you're mute, so it's not as easy to make close friends when communication is tough.

Yet another reason why you have internet friends.

History: As a very young child you used to run around with undies on your head and pretend you were a superhero. That was your first memory.

Your voice was high-pitched and adorable then, but even as it deepened and quickly went out it didn't change the fact that Mother and Father were both very dear to you- and you to them- throughout your life. Okay, maybe not so dear. But they were kind, at least, and they were some of the better parents you could ask for. Sis was always a few steps ahead of you, but that didn't stop her from playing with you. In general, you had a pretty supportive family. You didn't hate any of them much, but you hated the moving. You sat in the moving truck a lot. When you were about 12, it was in a moving truck where you can't remember much and something happened to your throat and suddenly you couldn't speak! Well, you could make noises. You could wheeze, and form hoarse whispers which you just decided to forgo altogether.

You would think you'd remember, but apparently you'd been asleep at the time of the incident!

You've always been used to moving. It's one of the things that comes to you easily, packing up and going to a new place. It's also why you never made any heavy social interactions, preferring the internet which remained constant. As you grew and eventually found your internet friends, it became a lot easier for you to have a bit of consistency in your life since you were always able to rely on the internet. When your dad disappeared when you turned 13, you weren't too surprised. He'd been home less and less often due to a "job he needed to do," and eventually he just left a note the day after your 13th birthday.

Things went downhill from there. You weren't heavily affected by it after you'd read the note, but your mom and your sister were, getting into a big fight and eventually drifting apart when you turned fourteen. You were already a bit of a loner then, so it was fine. You'd also already been fit, running across the city and jumping over bars. Since then, you got a puppy and live a few miles out of Bermuda on some decently sized island with a small town for residents and a decently sized forests and really nice beaches. It was a pretty tropical place, kinda like a getaway. You enjoyed it and enjoy it still. Rufus is growing well, and your mother recently fell ill, and needs rest and medicine. Sis came over to help out, since she and mother are now on decent terms. You, however, have spent the last two years exploring, wandering, and being pulled on the whims of the scent of adventure which the waves bring in. And speaking with your friends on the internet while you do so.

Getting a really beefed up smartwatch was a really good idea.

Preferred class: Mage
    You know some parts of your aspect, although you have a deficiency in directional confidence. You will know your aspect and use it to your full advantage. The only issue for you is, of course, that you'll have to learn how to control your aspect first.

Preferred aspect: Breath
    You're well-versed in the concept of freedom and how to use it to your advantage; however, you lack direction. This remains a hurdle to your development, and something you'll have to overcome before you can get far into the session, as well as learning to rely on your information and sense of direction.

Chumhandle: rhetoricalSymphony [RS] The color is Royal Blue.
    LAND: Land of Towers and Oceans [LOTAO]
    Denizen: Cetus
    Consorts: Turtles. Lots of em'.
    Strife Specibus: HANGERKIND and CUBEKIND. He also uses his machete from time to time, but Hangerkind got in the specibus first.
    Other:
    >> Father is, in fact, Ryan's ectobiological parent.
    >> Ryan's moon is probably Prospit. If needed he could default to Derse though.​

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ok, I feel like simultaneously hugging you and punching you right now. I had no idea Homestuck existed until I read this, and I'm happy that I discovered it, however I can't stop reading it. >:(

I feel like I shouldn't join this bc I have no idea what I'm doing yet, but I'll try to keep up. I do know the basics though, I read up to the start of the trolls' pov. I've read the wiki to see what the whole aspects/class thing was and I think I kind of understand? XD

Anyway, I'll reserve (leaning towards life for the aspect, but I'm really not stuck on it so if anyone else wants it feel free to take it)

The classes are a bit of a mystery to me (the wiki says "currently unknown exactly what this class does" for like all of them :P) so if anyone could briefly summarize them that would be great :D. I hope I can keep up with this w/out having read the whole thing, but I guess I'll find out :P
    Haha I'm happy for you! Keep reading the webcomic. Unfortunately I think the people from the club make up enough players for now. When you're caught up a bit with the webcomic, join the fanclub and chat away with us! And read this RP, chances are that it'll be very much like the real thing haha. So, I love that you are interested, but I will not reserve a spot for you. Thank you c:

I swear you guys I'm so tempted to join right now

Wait no I think I might.

I'll claim Void btw
    GOOD! Void is such an interesting aspect.

Please at least take Sylph dear!

So happy to see more people joining! Is there a deadline for character sheets?
    Hmmm. Shall we say in 24h from now, to stress people up a bit? ;)

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Rika can you at least make a list on classes that are still available? 'cause apparently the ones I want are already taken :'c

Back