• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Astra Story ★ OOC

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Rika can you at least make a list on classes that are still available? 'cause apparently the ones I want are already taken :'c

Yeah sorry, I've been on my phone. I'll hop on my computer sometime today and do it.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Can we get more than 24 hours to write down the character sheet 'cause I have a busy university life to attend to. ;~;

Also, apparently Witch isn't taken yet. Say hello to the Witch of Void then.

Need. To Add. Pictures.

Name: Belle Duvall
    Theme song: Biophosphoradelecrystalluminescence
    Appearance: (will add art later)

Family: (HS style!)

Your PAPA is a rather quiet man, although you're pretty sure he's not whenever he's out. He's got quite the reputation with his company, allowing him to rise up in the ranks and become the assistant manager of his workplace. The reasonable sum of money he gets is the reason that you get spoiled by him so much, even when you don't want anything at all. Well, it's great that he wants to cater to your many interests, even though after accepting the gifts you just use it for a couple of weeks before dumping it into your storage chest (which he had noticed for quite a while but he still continues to anyway). You always said that he could've afforded a better house instead, although you kinda understand why he refuses to move out; he wants this place to be the home that MAMA will return to... Well plus the fact that he constantly sends money to your MAMA to fund her travels. He thinks you don't know, but that fact is so clear to you at a logical way of thinking.

Speaking of your MAMA, she started travelling many years ago, and hasn't returned since. No one really knows where her exact location is as well. You could barely remember her face, and you wish you could see her again, even if it's only through a picture she sends. PAPA likes to talk about MAMA's free spirited and adventurous nature, and he always believed that MAMA will return someday. Honestly, you kinda hate MAMA for abandoning her kid like this. Well c'mon, it's been at least 7 years already! By now, she's supposed to be declared dead by law, but the fact that she's not just makes you believe that she's still out there somewhere, wherever she is right now.

Although it is clear that your house's interior decor is influenced by her. I mean, the amount of souvenirs and animal themed furniture can allude to that. Tiger-print couches, bear-skin rugs, it's like a zoo over here! PAPA doesn't even look like the type of man to own all these, and you're pretty sure that you're not either.

Home: (adding after I fiddle around with the layout a bit 'cause there's still something off gdi)
    Personality: (I'm gonna type this HS style 'cause I keep on flubbing the pronouns whoops)

Your name is Belle. You're pretty bubbly and optimistic. Your imagination is normally at its peak, and thus you spend most of your time daydreaming in your own comfort zone. This tendency has caused a gap between you and your real life buddies, and thus you end up being isolated as they couldn't cope with your weirdness.

That doesn't matter though, as your internet buddies are an amazing group of people. However, despite being close friends, you still obscure a lot of things about your own personal life, mostly because you don't have much to reveal about yourself anyway. It's probably due to how your internet buddies sometimes talk about their hobbies and interests, whereas you can't seem to stick on one thing for more than a month. And even when you have something to reveal about yourself, you always deemed it unnecessary to talk about.

At least one thing you know that is consistent is that you have a knack for puzzle games like crossword, sudoku and the like; Even when you know you get bored playing the same variant after about 2 weeks, there's still plenty of other puzzle games to play anyway.

(Strife specibus will probably be the Racket-kind)

History:

Your MAMA went on a trip around the world when you were still 8 years old. She hasn't really been in contact with your family since, but there are enough signs for you to deduce that she's still alive.

You recall the earliest gift you had received from PAPA was a badminton set, about a month after MAMA left. You've grown out of badminton though, but it's still sentimental enough for you to keep it. It marks the beginning of PAPA's random gifting, but even you're not sure why he started doing it in the first place.

(Her life has mostly been addressed in the other parts of the sign up anyway lol. Not everyone has dead parents or terrible relationships with parents omg)

Preferred class: Witch
    Preferred aspect: Void

A witch is supposed to be in control of her aspect and motivates through it. Despite her passive nature to stick with the shadows, she still wants to be part of the action in the game.

Chumhandle: reclusiveReverie [RR] [#70c066]
    LAND: Land of Rain and Pumpkins [LORAP]
    Denizen: Kauket, Ancient Egyptian Goddess, Primordial concept of darkness
    Consorts: Snakes (I picture bipedal snakes with their tail acting as their third limb to move stuff around)

Extra
    Dream Moon: Derse
    Ectobiological Parent: MAMA​

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Finally! Here's our list of players. I... Noticed the uneven gender balance and changed mine to female. She'll still be PRINCE, unless you guys think it's better to call her PRINCESS? So if we get one more SU, probably a ROGUE of LIGHT eh, we hope that'll be a female too! But I guess it's ok if it isn't. What are genders, after all, just idk, a mix of what's between your legs and within your head and what others sees you as. So whatever c:

Apotheosis: PRINCE of TIME
    Ninja Aiden: HEIR of HEART
    apocalypseArisen: THIEF of MIND
    Fairy: MAID of HOPE
    Sonata: KNIGHT of SPACE
    DLMuerte: MAGE of BREATH
    Candy: WITCH of VOID
    arachnidsGrip: ROGUE of LIGHT ?

I don't think we need more than 8 players, so we'll close SUs after this. And yeah, if it takes more than 24 h, we won't start without you ^^ I just dont' want the SU phase to take a week.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Sounds good. NGL, I read the deadline as the 24th at first, and my heart sank lol. So much for skim reading. Gonna touch up my SU in a bit, to finish of off and really make it awesome (hopefully). 8 should be enough players, and will make this a unique session from homestuck itself

EDIT: and about genders, let's be real, homestuck itself had more same-sex relationships than opposite-sex ones haha. I really don't think the genders matter.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    that's... probably true wow. but I'm still going with a girl instead I think c: mostly because it doesn't matter much for me.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    24 hours, huh? I best actually make up my mind then!

Seriously, this is way more challenging than I thought it would be. Coming up with an entire person isn't easy. Fun though! I just keep having ideas and wanting to change everything lol. Please tell me that's normal for this stage in the RPing process.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yes, haha. Perfectly normal! I have the same trouble myself >.<

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Probably fixed with some CSS magic and images later :P

Name: Nadia Clementine
    Theme song: Savior of the Dreaming Dead
    Appearance:

T5gyL9y.png

Family: Your big BROTHER is the only human being living with you and you have a passive aggressive relationship towards him. He tries to annoy you most of the time, by asking you to do your chores, but then he always looks out for you when in danger. He may be a pain in the ass, but you still love him... Other than him, you also have a pet cat named LISA and a pet snail named BERYL, who you both love so much.

Home: You pretty much live in a barn somewhere in Kansas. Not much to explain other than the crop fields dotted around your place, and a few pens for the animals located on the side. Your house on the other hand is pretty quaint. You have a white wooden house with some blue accents on it, and not much is to be said on the interior. It's pretty small, but it does the job for the both of you. Your room however, kinda looks like a normal teenage girl's room, albeit a little bit rustic and weird.

Personality: You are just a typical Southern belle... Okay, not really. You are pretty much adept when it comes to harvesting crops, and you are also good at being intimidating most of the time, probably because you play Mafia like all the time. Sometimes, you wish to become a Godfather or some sorts and kill people and get bitches...

It is also worth mentioning that you are very unlucky. You always get the bad jobs, cuts, scrapes, stubs, and what's worse is that, it still gets worse than that. You are the harbinger of misfortune, as some of your friends say.

Other than that, you have a great fascination with cats and snails. You don't know why but you find those two animals very soothing. You also like to listen to Selena Gomez, which is also your guilty pleasure. You have like all of the seasons of Wizards of Waverly Place plus the movie in your room.

History: You never knew much about your parents. Your BROTHER said that you came from the sky... You think he's hiding something from you. Then it was some uneventful upbringing by your BROTHER, for about 13 years or so. When you were 13, you got LISA after you rescued her from getting crushed by a haybale. Then months after you became 14, you purchased BERYL from the local petstore. That's around the time you were introduced to the Internet and met your friends... Then the inevitable happened...

Preferred class: Rogue, she loves helping people but due to her unluckiness, it kinda throws her off.
    Preferred aspect: Light, it's ironic since she's a very unlucky gal, and getting the aspect related to fortune, and coupled with her class, it would make her life a little bit challenging.

Chumhandle: impurrfectStraggler [IS] [purple]
    Fetch Modi: Mafia: The objects she captchalogues gets either an innocent role or a mafia role. If she retrieves an item and calls out the correct role, she gets the item. If she guesses wrong, the item gets destroyed. Fortunately, this is the only thing Nadia is ever good at and lucky, since she has a good gut. She has called out the wrong role about 3-5 times as of yet.
    Strife Specibus: Daggerkind: She loves to use daggers, sometimes she uses them while harvesting crops, other times, she pretends that she's killing a mafia member.

LAND: Land of Salt Domes and Milk (LOSDAM)
    Denizen: Tecuciztecatl, The Aztec God of the Moon, also the God of Snails
    Consorts: Cats
    Moon: Derse

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Looking good, guys! I found a really great blog btw. Saying stuff like:

Breath:
    Direction, Movement, Freedom, Individuality, Wind
    Blood:
    Unity, Stability, Obligation, Bonds, Blood

Heart:
    Personality, Self, Instinct, Impulses, The heart
    Mind:
    Thought, Logic, Decisions, Consequences, The mind

Space:
    Locations, placing, creation, now, Space
    Time:
    Moments, timing, endings, future, past, Time

Light:
    Honesty, Fortune, Knowledge, sight, Light
    Void:
    Secrets, Misfortune, Ignorance, Obsfucation, Nothingness

Life:
    Energy, Growth, Reality, Health, life force
    Doom:
    Entropy, Decay, Fate, Illness, death

Hope:
    Belief, Positivity, Inspiration, Potential, Hopefulness
    Rage:
    Disbelief, Negativity, Resignation, Failure, Anger

A Prince destroys or destroys with their aspect
    A Bard brings the destruction of or though their aspect DESTROY

A Maid creates or creates with their aspect for themselves
    A Sylph creates or creates with their aspect for others CREATE

A Witch controls their aspect
    An Heir allows control from their aspect CONTROL

A Mage uses knowledge about their aspect
    A Seer gives knowledge about their aspect KNOW

A Thief redistributes their aspect to themselves
    A Rouge redistributes their aspect to others REDISTRIBUTE

A Knight exploits their aspect
    A Page allows others to exploit their aspect EXPLOIT

CLASS EXPLANATIONS:
    Spoiler:

"So the inversion theory may sound complicated but its actually rather simple.

It is basically a theory where all god tiers have an inverse version that you can act like whilst still following your actual god tier, however it is not the best thing as it is the complete inverse of how you should be going about things to fully realize your god tier.

Simply put, the combination of a class and title will generally have the same output of the inverse combination, that inverse being both the paired class and aspect.

Another way of explaining it would be that they are SO opposite that they're the same.
    Think of it like a "point a to point b" sort of deal.
    One travels on the left path, one travels on the right path but they both end up in the same place.

For example;
    The prince of void can destroy bad luck and its inverse, can create good luck for other people. The result is one person becomes luckier than the other, even though they did the complete opposite."

And my personal inversion, if Ashling's quest for god tier was going really badly I mean, would be... Sylph of Space, then! If she can't destroy time herself, she can fall into creating space for others. Interesting.

Remember how Rose went from her path towards a "knowing" Seer of Light, towards a "controlling" Witch of Void.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
    Years
  • I may or may not have spent a long afternoon researching whether or not Mage of Breath was the optimal choice- however, if in the event that I did, that afternoon was mostly wasted because I stuck to the same classpect anyway.

Also, by inversion theory, would that make Ryan a Knight of Blood [when inverted], if instead of being directed by his aspect he exploits the aspect instead? I've seen inversion theory before, but I want to make sure I've got it down correctly.

if such is the case woah there karkat you might wanna slow down

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    You'd be an HEIR of BLOOD inverted actually.

Salzorrah

Years
  • So, if I can't be redistribute fortune and light for the other people [ROGUE OF LIGHT], I can exploit the misfortune and nothingness in me? [KNIGHT OF VOID]

huh thats actually good :P

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    So, if I can't be redistribute fortune and light for the other people [ROGUE OF LIGHT], I can exploit the misfortune and nothingness in me? [KNIGHT OF VOID]

huh thats actually good :P
    Only if your path through SBURB is going really badly, like how Rose turned into an angry Witch of Void. Or possibly before the game even starts, like how Aradia basically was a Bard of Space, letting voices telling her to move things around and be prototyped with a frog (which is very space!) as well as inviting Sollux and the others to play SGRUB, i e inviting the destruction of their planet. Or how Jade was a Seer of Time before she entered SBURB, knowing and things that would happen to her in the future. Anyyyywaaays I think we've gotten too far into the duality theory now ahah. Sorry.

Anyhow! Some have already finished their family/history parts but... I think it would be nice if we all had a family member or guardian to whom we are ectobiologically related. Could we rearrange stuff to fit into that? :3

Also, we should decide what moons we're dreaming on. I think my character could go with either Prospit or Derse, so I'll wait until you guys have decided.

Salzorrah

Years
  • Yeah, I guess Nadia's bro is her dancestor i suppose... I'm actually planning Beryl and Lisa be her sprite and become Berylisasprite :P

As for moon, uhhhh idk I wanna be Prospit, but then I wanna be Derse HNNNG

Nadia would probably be a Dersite :x

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Well normally the Time players end up on Derse while the Space players end up on Prospit.

My character would probably be on Derse considering that her aspect is Void.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Do you think it always has to do with aspect? Perhaps it does... All the void and heart and time players are on Derse... But wait, Vriska was on Prospit and Rose was on Derse! And Jane was on Prospit while Feferi was on Derse, and the same goes for Jake and Eridan. So no, I don't think aspect governs it all.

We can probably choose however we want :3 I think I'd prefer to be on Prospit, if that's ok with the rest of you.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Gwen seems like a Derse dreamer, imo. But I can easily go Prospit if we have too many people on one side. She's still built to be a Sylph player though, so I still need to do some tweaking!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Welp, I won't be finishing my SU today. But tomorrow! Then I will be busy all weekend so the RP won't start until monday, I realized. So basically, take your time over the weekend to get your characters ready :3 i don't believe I'm going to decline any of you.

Back