• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch Out For Ghosts... (Read first post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    BOO AGAIN 0

So has anyone accidentally killed a shiny in here? I had a Shiny Graveler explode on me and a few years later, I'd also killed one with Surf as I wasn't paying attention. I hate Graveler. :((
    I did without realising it - I was playing Gold (I think) and found a green Teddiursa at Mt Silver but since I hadn't really seen them before I just assumed it was the normal colour. I then went on to find several more of them but brown instead of green and googled why the first one was green, then I felt bad and kicked myself in the face :D

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

^I could tell you, but I would have to kick you. :P

I've found tons of shinies in havk games(mostly Dak Energy and Adventure Red Chapter due to the parts with their higher shiny rate. XD Hey at least I know have bragging rights to Shiny Abra and Clefairy. XD) But counting only official games and shinies found in hacks with normal rates, I have:
    Wingull(Sapphire), Nidoran(F)(Gold), Shellder(Y), Skrelp(Y), Vulpix(AlphaSapphire), Ditto(AlphaSapphire(though I think this one is hacked XD)), Chinchou(Dark Rising), Surskit(Reign of Legends), and of course Shiny Gyarados in every Johto game I've ever played. XD
    But seriously if you like shinies, I found Zubat, Beedrill, Rattata, and Squirtle(always shiny actually) in Dark Energy. :P

As for how I think of them, I treat them the same as normal Pokemon, but I just love that I can find rare stuff. And thankfully other than the annoying amount of shinies in Adventure Red's postgame, I haven't killed/lost a shiny! -phew-

Years

Now when literally everyone on this thread are ghosts except for me, let me become one too. THANKS.
    lol

Dragonaite in general is meh, I'm not using it. The only way Gamefreak could make me it if they game him a mega that would look more like a dragon and not like all the cuteness from this forum went into one Pokemon.

As for the shinies. I like them. They are rare and different so that gives that the unique touch.
    I have never seen a wild shiny. BUT luckily I think I) am really good at shiny chaining. On my Platinum I have a shiny Poochyena, 6 shiny Electrikes, and 10 Beldums (easiest shinies ever, tricky but really easy actually), one of which is now level 100 Metagross. I also caught one Shiny Eevee (18th chain, closest to "wild" shiny, I guess, also it was a pain but worth it), which is now Shiny Umbreon in my Pokewalker :D

I am planning to do more chaining though. I should go back to Houndoors, it wa the only Pokemon I tried and failed to shiny chain for lol.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

I always loved chaining, I caught countless shiny Buisel and Pachirisu in Pearl just due to how fun the radar was to use haha. I ended up with a huge collection of shinies in Gen 4 (especially with how many times I've played Pearl) but they don't feel quite as special now :( Did it wish fishing too in X, got so many shinycanths ♥

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years

I have extremely bad luck when it comes to chaining or finding shines... Remembering Pokeradar gives me a headache ;;

(Also the ghosts are so evil. Y'all should wait for 99 to hit before booing! :P)

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023

Never did figure out the trick to the PokeRadar! I think I tried it once and just realised that I'd never get anywhere with it haha. It's cool hearing people's success with it though! Does anyone have any particular tips or tricks? :]

(Also the ghosts are so evil. Y'all should wait for 99 to hit before booing! :P)

tumblr_static_8bcmzwpprxgkgcg08480kogs8.gif

Years

It is actually really not that hard. If you're doing it right, the highest chance you could break your chain is 20%, 80% that you will continue your chain. There are several guides on google and youtube so check them out.

Getting shinies from others is alright, but trust me on this one, there is NO BETTER FEELING, in a Pokemon game, than seeing a shiny grass patch move and slowly shine. It's amaaazziiingg. Really, it is. Finding a shiny via chaining usuallly made my day even when it really sucked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJtOAP7pas4

Check this out, its not a bad guide for a start.

Also has anyone noticed how AWESOME Pokeradar music is?

I love it. But yeah, anyway, pokeradar is the reason why I'll probably stick to platinum forever :D

As for your shinycanths Squirrel, I dont know who decided that a shiny Sharpedo should be PINK, but they should be fired.
    Imagine a black Sharpedo. yeaaah

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

Best feeling ever definitely has to be this screen:

hqdefault.jpg

So shiny, so sparkly, so beautiful, so blue *o* Shinycanth is definitely my favourite shiny in the games haha, he's so damn pretty.

Years
    Nvm me, I figured shinycanth was shiny carvanha lmao
    Relicanth is a pretty cool Pokemon, I approve.

Still, when it comes to shininess, imho absolutely nothing can be compared to Shiny Mega Rayquaza.

MRayquaza_Shiny_ORAS.gif

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

I was wondering where the Sharpedo thing came from XD I agree though pink is a terrible colour for it :( Shiny Rayquaza is honestly one of the only legendaries I'd consider using - usually I hate using them (other than the Regis) but shiny Rayquaza is just sooooo cool-looking. *o*

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years

Legs and dairy? xD

It actually looks like a giant morass of yellow and black deep-sea creatures you'd find in the deepest oceanic trenches lol.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years

This really makes me want to restart my Pearl file and do some chaining. :D

I'm a noob at it of course, since I've only tried it several times in X/Y with no good outcome and gave up out of impatience. x__x But I've read up on a few guides and the video Sven linked looks good!

Don't remember the Pokeradar music tbh. :s And I don't know a lot of shiny versions so off the top of my head I'd say Furret or Jumpluff 'cause pink. <3 Rayquaza looks badass though. :o

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

I find Clawitzer one of the coolest shinies, it looks really cool.
    693.gif

The only shiny I ever got, outside of hacks and the shiny Gyarados, is a Cubone in Diamond. I was using PokéRadar for regular Cubone and wanted a specific gender and then I suddenly saw a sparkling shrub.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back