• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Five Nights At Freddy's 3: The Freddening

Who's the scariest animatronic?

• Total voters

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
  • And I was about to edit my post to add something else that's pretty funny, while also saying that you are best gaming mod, but now I am kinda wondering if I should hold on that now.....But that's what happens when somebody watches a FNAF LP/video thing, then go and actually play it. I don't blame you. And you are still best mod on the gaming forum. And maybe best mod in this site, cause I also think best mod on this entire site is Axeliira.
    Do you just mean best mod who hangs out here? Because I don't mod HERE I mod Challenges.

And to keep things FNaF related, here's a cool gif from the official IndieDB page
    fnaf3g.gif

Also I added a poll about the animatronics

Last edited:

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Poor Golden Bonnie... it looks like it's in horrible pain. It's scary but I can't help but feel sorry for it.

By the way why is there no mention of the Marionette's scariness now that we have the poll up? Sure it doesn't do much in game but it's the puppet master of the animatronics, or at least the one responsible for making them sentinent. (Yes I am aware of the irony.)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Poor Golden Bonnie... it looks like it's in horrible pain. It's scary but I can't help but feel sorry for it.

By the way why is there no mention of the Marionette's scariness now that we have the poll up? Sure it doesn't do much in game but it's the puppet master of the animatronics, or at least the one responsible for making them sentinent. (Yes I am aware of the irony.)
    I don't really find the Marionette itself to be all that scary. Yes, it has a very sad backstory, and is capable of the most supernatural capabilities, but i really can't judge the rest of them on that, can I? So I was voting based on what I thought were the scariest in the context of the game rather than the story.

mew_nani

Years
  • I don't really find the Marionette itself to be all that scary. Yes, it has a very sad backstory, and is capable of the most supernatural capabilities, but i really can't judge the rest of them on that, can I? So I was voting based on what I thought were the scariest in the context of the game rather than the story.
    Ah. I was more talking about the story though. Just what IS that thing? Why is it capable of bestowing life upon animatronics? What made it alive in the first place?

In game though it still creeps me out. Its face horrifies me, along with its rubber hose limbs and being way too dang big. Why does it need to be the size of a large human being!?
    emot-crying.gif

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I'll be honest, Chica scares me THE MOST out of them. idk how Scott didn't have nightmares about that thing, too. And then the handless thing in FNaF2, talk about nightmare fuel. Also I managed to get through Night 1, but I was kinda cheap about it and shut my doors at 4AM and 50% left, haha! I was too scared to check the windows because I thought Chica would be staring at me...

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
    Years
  • Do you just mean best mod who hangs out here? Because I don't mod HERE I mod Challenges.
    Oh, I didn't know that. I am an idiot! You are still best mod though. ;3 Also, you gave my heart a scare with that GIF, Necrum! You also convinced me to vote for Golden Bonnie for that. Thanks. _V_

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • What if one of the kills has Golden Bonnie ripping his face off to scream at you with the supposed Marionette mask?

mew_nani

Years
  • Bonnie has the scariest jumpscares, well except Toy Bonnie. In the second though he was a faceless heart attack just waiting to happen.
    Dear GOD freaking Zombie Faceless Bonnie with just one freaking arm! He has no freaking face and just two little red dots for eyes and LUNGES AT YOU WITH THE ONE ARM HE HAS LEFT. ._.

WHY!? It's Zombie Bonnie and Xenomorph Chica double teaming you to death.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Nothing scary, just a screen from the game systems
    Spoiler:

Camera is pretty obvious, but I've been thinking, there's no real means of defending yourself defined yet. You don't have a door, and no flashlights as far as I can tell. Perhaps Audio devices isn't for listening. I mean, cameras usually have mics anyway, especially in these games. Maybe, Audio Devices are for scaring Golden Bonnie away. Or distracting him for a bit. But that still leaves Ventilation. Given we now know about a series of ducts or tunnels, perhaps he can't sneak into the vents when they're on? Anyone else have ideas on what these systems are for?

mew_nani

Years
  • Well given in FnaF2 the animatronics were drawn to noise as they were programmed to look for people, that might be what the audio is for. The ventilation system may be to either block Golden Bonnie or trap him, and the cameras are self explanatory. My guess is you need to use these three systems in tandem to keep Goldie from your office, and they apparently are prone to failure. Makes sense, given it's a horror attraction and the very idea is to make you as scared as possible.

On an off-topic note is it a bad thing to admit I'm not all that scared of the Toy animatronics? I played FnaF2 for the first time last night and Toy Freddy was the only scary one. Heck most of the fear comes from the fact I can't tell if the animatronics in the vents have left or not because they don't appear in front of the Freddy mask. Admittedly I sorta like Toy Chica and Toy Bonnie. Even eyeless and beakless she's too friendly looking to be all that scary. Doesn't help that her beakless mask is essentially a giant happy face. Of course I only had enough courage to play Night 1... I suspect it'll get worse.

Last edited:

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    For the scariest jumpscare, I think it really depends how familiar you are with the series. IE, Marionette scared the crap out of me when I had no idea how to work the music box, but nowadays he's pretty mediocre, haha. Mangle's gets me every time, and Old Chica's just sends shivers down my spine >.>

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I found old Chica to be the least scary of the bunch, oddly enough. She just seems more... human, compared to the rest. She sneaks into the kitchen to eat pizza, and waits at the window to watch you, rather than in the doorway or just inviting herself in.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • OH MY GOD YOU GUYS I was watching a video about the all the mysteries surrounding FNAF3 right now, and it hit me! The dots at the bottom of the cameras, the weird Parenthetical around the camera in my sig, the fact that one of the images has 2 dots and one has 3. It's an indicator of the sound system being used! The dots must indicate uses of something, which may also refer to entrances to the ventilation system. If the systems are ruined or exhausted then you can't activate these things and you're screwed. Part of me thinks that not every room will have a sound system though. If all of them had 3 sounds then it seems like it would be easy to keep Bonnie away.

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
    Years
  • OH MY GOD YOU GUYS I was watching a video about the all the mysteries surrounding FNAF3 right now, and it hit me! The dots at the bottom of the cameras, the weird Parenthetical around the camera in my sig, the fact that one of the images has 2 dots and one has 3. It's an indicator of the sound system being used! The dots must indicate uses of something, which may also refer to entrances to the ventilation system. If the systems are ruined or exhausted then you can't activate these things and you're screwed. Part of me thinks that not every room will have a sound system though. If all of them had 3 sounds then it seems like it would be easy to keep Bonnie away.

Holy shit. Did you just got that theory after you watched the video? If you somehow did, then damn. I am not the one who would make theories a lot about games I mostly never played, but it's still fun to see other people thinking of some stuff like this. I have to say, that's a great theory. And if it's somehow true, then I will be laughing a lot at all the people who screw up because of it. >:3

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • FNAF3 Steam Page said:
    Five Nights at Freddy's 3 had it's first round of beta-testing the other night. I have two faithful beta-testers who always help me out (mmost of yyou probably know who they are). The game still nneeds aa lot of work of course; it's still very bare bones at the mmomeent, but the game succeeded iin making my testerss jump out of their sseats. One of the features I didn't warn them about were the **************, which they found very effective. ;) PPlus "he" was much more aggrressiive than I'd annticipated and prevented my testers from ggetting past nightt 2. All in all, however, everrything went very well aand I'm on track to release the game as pplanned. :)
    My name is Springtrap

Well, this is unexpected.
    (In case you don't know, Scott's 2 boys are his beta testers)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XCuTWJQlgI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdSIepjWzSs

Hi, new to the discussion, I've never played five nights myself but I am interested in the story behind it. I came across this channel which has quite a lot of interesting ideas about the series, and the two videos above are two topics that are closely intertwined. In it it explains the theory of the Marionette being behind the whole mess as well as the connection to the "salvage" or golden bonnie animatronic. Watch the first one first obviously, then go into the second.

Back