• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Five Nights At Freddy's 3: The Freddening

Who's the scariest animatronic?

• Total voters

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
  • As time goes by I am more and more convinced that that box of masks is more than just scenery. At the very least we can probably expect a hallucination associated with it. But it might also become something more threatening, considering that, as I pointed out before, Foxy's hand appears to be in the box. Which means there is at least one haunted piece in the box, and all of the masks were in the location that the children were supposedly killed in.

Also, some interesting news on the map of Fazbear's Fright.
    Spoiler:

I am also working on a new theory about what Golden Bonnie is, as there is a strong chance that Scott will leave that ambiguous even after the game's release.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • As time goes by I am more and more convinced that that box of masks is more than just scenery. At the very least we can probably expect a hallucination associated with it. But it might also become something more threatening, considering that, as I pointed out before, Foxy's hand appears to be in the box. Which means there is at least one haunted piece in the box, and all of the masks were in the location that the children were supposedly killed in.

Spoiler:

I am also working on a new theory about what Golden Bonnie is, as there is a strong chance that Scott will leave that ambiguous even after the game's release.
    Welp... So much for it just being a long winding pathway to your office. Hey you think we'll get to crawl through the vents?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Okay so after some digging, I think I've got it. So the thing that's been hardest is finding an animatronic that matches the shape of Golden Bonnie. Existing Bonnies really don't fit, as all of them have built in mouths. Looking at Golden Bonnie, we can see that the teeth are more crudely inserted, going in every direction but straight up. So what animatronic could it be? Balloon Boy is too short, and the toy models were all decommissioned and probably scrapped for parts when renovating the old units. The answer is the Marionette. Not only is Marionette very tall, as can be seen very rarely in the Music Box room, but it has no teeth. Not even on its mask. So it stands to reason that the surprise discovery at Fazbear's Fright was the infamous Marionette! This would also explain why the eyes have been crudely widened, as the marionette was designed differently than the others, so the mask they had to use wouldn't fit right. In fact that crude alteration is the only way they could possibly get any mask to fit. But this is most likely the Golden Freddy suit. My main reasoning is very simple: the exposed wires. Golden Bonnie is the only unit to share that feature with Golden Freddy.

So, if this is the case... then this is even more messed up than I initially thought. It's not just as bad as swapping two haunted objects and having them share the same body. This is the first victim in the suit the killer used. Do you realize what kind of torture that must be? To be trapped in the very weapon used to kill other children? Somehow I find myself almost hoping that this isn't the case, because it's very sad.

Also I do not believe that the suit on the rack is Golden. For one it has no ears, which Golden Freddy seems to have attached. And second the Golden suit always has, as I said, exposed wires. Possibly because the chassis was ripped out of it.

Oh, one more thing. Even though Scott denied it, we will see tomorrow for sure if the game is gonna be released 87 days after FNAF2.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I love the fnaf story lines and hidden dark secrets. Mangle is may favorite one. Can't wait to see more about this "Golden Bonnie" looking character and the story behind more of Fazbear entertainment.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years

Spoiler:

Is it now the time to panic? Because this game just found a way to make it less easy than we thought it would be.

I'll also post Scott's responses to the fan theories regarding FNaF's lore just to hear your thoughts on it:

Spoiler:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I have a theory about Shadow Bonnie that if true would prove that the new animatronic is actually unrelated. Although I would not be surprised if it gave Scott the idea. After a lot of research I've found that people have an incredibly hard time pinpointing what this is. The head clearly resembles that of Toy Bonnie, but then the body doesn't match as it has a split in its torso, which Toy Bonnie doesn't have. To figure out what this is, I think we need to pay attention to the two most prominent features: The face and left arm. I think it's no accident that these are the only really distinguishable features, and it tells us something very important. What Animatronic do we know that could be related to these features?
    Spoiler:

mew_nani

Years
  • I doubt Golden Bonnie could be the Marionette. After all the Marionette just has pinpricks for eyes and the area around its mouth is nonexistent. Also the Marionette doesn't have a chassis at all; it's literally just limbs, with no endoskeleton holding it together. And it floats around. Doesn't discount the idea that the Marionette is involved, but it's not Golden Bonnie.

Actually the teeth look a lot like the ones Shadow Freddy has. I mean really look at this thing's chompers:
    Spoiler:

They're really crooked on Golden Bonnie, but they look most like them.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Well, Golden Bonnie also has two pinpricks of light in its eyes.
    Spoiler:
    The "eyes" could have been crudely attached the same way that the teeth and mask clearly are. And I really can't find another unit with a head shape like Golden Bonnie has. AND the Phone Guy does refer to Marionette as one of the animatronics.

One more thing: the Endoskeletons in the FNAF games are WAY beyond the technology of the time, so despite its rather slender shape, the Marionette could have been made very compact. Especially if it was not designed for roaming.

But, for an alternate theory, some people think that Golden Bonnie is built from parts of all the units. So given the unique shape, perhaps it was the Marionette's head used to mold the mask to the machinery.

Last edited:

mew_nani

Years
  • Well, Golden Bonnie also has two pinpricks of light in its eyes.
    Spoiler:
    The "eyes" could have been crudely attached the same way that the teeth and mask clearly are. And I really can't find another unit with a head shape like Golden Bonnie has. AND the Phone Guy does refer to Marionette as one of the animatronics.

One more thing: the Endoskeletons in the FNAF games are WAY beyond the technology of the time, so despite its rather slender shape, the Marionette could have been made very compact. Especially if it was not designed for roaming.

But, for an alternate theory, some people think that Golden Bonnie is built from parts of all the units. So given the unique shape, perhaps it was the Marionette's head used to mold the mask to the machinery.
    Perhaps. I go with the second option; the only usable part on the Marionette is its mask. There's no way they could use the very thin limbs the thing has. Maybe they used part of the mask to support Golden Bonnie's mask? It looks like the thing has a dang skull.

Also, this is really unlikely, and just occurred to me, but Golden Bonnie seems to be a bit more friendly than the previous animatronics. At the end of the trailer it doesn't lunge at the player, it just calmly walks over and looks at you. Pretty far cry from Bonnie who tries to chomp your face off or the Toy models that lunge at you. Why's this zombie looking thing not really trying to attack? It seems more curious than anything.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Also, this is really unlikely, and just occurred to me, but Golden Bonnie seems to be a bit more friendly than the previous animatronics. At the end of the trailer it doesn't lunge at the player, it just calmly walks over and looks at you. Pretty far cry from Bonnie who tries to chomp your face off or the Toy models that lunge at you. Why's this zombie looking thing not really trying to attack? It seems more curious than anything.
    Okay, so if we follow the idea that Golden Bonnie is built from all the units, we can assume that a piece of everyone is there. If they all are there, then maybe they all have some sort of death associated with them. There are 2 possible attacks that the one in the trailer could likely be based on what you said: Foxy or Balloon Boy. Both of them enter from the right left, and neither of them actually attacks the player in their approach. Foxy jumps from the hallway and screams (I'm not counting the Foxy in the second game), Balloon Boy- well you probably know. Everyone hates him for a reason, lol.

mew_nani

Years
  • Okay, so if we follow the idea that Golden Bonnie is built from all the units, we can assume that a piece of everyone is there. If they all are there, then maybe they all have some sort of death associated with them. There are 2 possible attacks that the one in the trailer could likely be based on what you said: Foxy or Balloon Boy. Both of them enter from the right, and neither of them actually attacks the player in their approach. Foxy jumps from the hallway and screams (I'm not counting the Foxy in the second game), Balloon Boy- well you probably know. Everyone hates him for a reason, lol.
    There are also a lot of props and set pieces based off of the older animatronics; maybe Golden Bonny will be capable of using them against you? Doesn't make sense for a horror house to just have one jumpscare within.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Oh god! If it wore the masks of the older units! Nightmare fuel D:

Also I found something interesting. A picture in the teaser that is only on screen for a second. It appears to show a bloody animatronic with creepy spirit faces around it. It's very creepy and I don't remember seeing it before this trailer in any of the games.
    Spoiler:

mew_nani

Years
  • Oh god! If it wore the masks of the older units! Nightmare fuel D:

Also I found something interesting. A picture in the teaser that is only on screen for a second. It appears to show a bloody animatronic with creepy spirit faces around it. It's very creepy and I don't remember seeing it before this trailer in any of the games.
    Spoiler:
    Um. Can we get somebody to make that picture lighter? That abomination doesn't look like anything I've ever SEEN before, not even faceless Bonnie in FnaF2.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Um. Can we get somebody to make that picture lighter? That abomination doesn't look like anything I've ever SEEN before, not even faceless Bonnie in FnaF2.
    I'm afraid it doesn't get much clearer really. However, there is a curious face looking thing at the bottom of this image when you blow out the brightness. As well as what may be the cupcake behind the face thing. Maybe.

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
    Years
  • So,here's something kinda funny I found out about the map! I found out about this through FNAF3's Funny page on TV Tropes. Unless you don't brighten it to show it's true self, apparently......
    "Many people noticed that if you flip it upside down, it resembles Scott's avatar."
    And behold, it does!

It's not quite the same, but it still looks similar. What a funny fact! :3

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I downloaded the demo for the first game, and tried to play Night 1. People who say this game isn't scary have been desensitized to horror, jesus. I was so stressed out that when I saw Bonnie hanging out in the hallway and I couldn't close the door, I just hit escape because I couldn't handle it. I WATCH HORROR MOVIES ALL THE TIME AND WRITE HORROR SCRIPTS! If this game can bother even ME then it's scary. I've watched hours of this game probably, and I still feel dread when I'm watching the cameras in full screen on my own.

mew_nani

Years
  • I downloaded the demo for the first game, and tried to play Night 1. People who say this game isn't scary have been desensitized to horror, jesus. I was so stressed out that when I saw Bonnie hanging out in the hallway and I couldn't close the door, I just hit escape because I couldn't handle it. I WATCH HORROR MOVIES ALL THE TIME AND WRITE HORROR SCRIPTS! If this game can bother even ME then it's scary. I've watched hours of this game probably, and I still feel dread when I'm watching the cameras in full screen on my own.
    It's even worse on the Android version because while the nights are shorter, the animatronics are WAY more agressive to compensate. I'm still on Night 4 because I keep hearing Freddy's voice and every time I try to pause and go to the home screen for my tablet it makes the game cut back to the menu. XD

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • It's even worse on the Android version because while the nights are shorter, the animatronics are WAY more agressive to compensate. I'm still on Night 4 because I keep hearing Freddy's voice and every time I try to pause and go to the home screen for my tablet it makes the game cut back to the menu. XD
    It probably doesn't help that I am mentally invested in the background plot of the game. I also have seen the Freddy looking at the camera on stage, all the masks in the back room looking at you, and Bonnie staring into the camera, just on Night 1. It was very creepy whenever an abnormal screen popped up on the cameras, jeez >.< Especially the Bonnie one, it made me jump.

mew_nani

Years
  • It probably doesn't help that I am mentally invested in the background plot of the game. I also have seen the Freddy looking at the camera on stage, all the masks in the back room looking at you, and Bonnie staring into the camera, just on Night 1. It was very creepy whenever an abnormal screen popped up on the cameras, jeez >.< Especially the Bonnie one, it made me jump.
    Yeah I know how you feel. Bonnie is creepy, but I think Chica is even worse. Her soulless eyes, her mouth being as open as it is.... and the fact that she disappears and you can't find her. She goes in the Kitchen, but you're not gonna be able to tell until you hear pots and pans banging around. And don't get me started on Freddy.

I'm not sure I wanna know what the second game is like. I have it, but I haven't played it yet.

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
    Years
  • I downloaded the demo for the first game, and tried to play Night 1. People who say this game isn't scary have been desensitized to horror, Jesus. I was so stressed out that when I saw Bonnie hanging out in the hallway and I couldn't close the door, I just hit escape because I couldn't handle it. I WATCH HORROR MOVIES ALL THE TIME AND WRITE HORROR SCRIPTS! If this game can bother even ME then it's scary. I've watched hours of this game probably, and I still feel dread when I'm watching the cameras in full screen on my own.

And I was about to edit my post to add something else that's pretty funny, while also saying that you are best gaming mod, but now I am kinda wondering if I should hold on that now.....But that's what happens when somebody watches a FNAF LP/video thing, then go and actually play it. I don't blame you. And you are still best mod on the gaming forum. And maybe best mod in this site, cause I also think best mod on this entire site is Axeliira.

Back