• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Underneath the Town Tree ♤ The Animal Crossing Club

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
  • is anyone planning on meeting up this weekend? if so i'd love to tag along, it seems like most of my regular friends have move on.
    also is there a holly here that tried to add me on skype?

I'll open my town sunday :)
    We just have to decide at which hours.

Maybe 12 (UTC-0400)?
    But I can change if you can't ;)

Please if someone want to visit my town, you can quote this post and let me know :)

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    i'm actually a part of the skype chat haha (homietay) but i think they usually run around 1 pm my time and i'm still in school (unfortunately).

that sounds nice @mawa! just to clarify over there it's almost 4 am right? if so it would be about 7 am for me so if it's still going on i'd probably join around 13:00/13:30ish (utc)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • i'm actually a part of the skype chat haha (homietay) but i think they usually run around 1 pm my time and i'm still in school (unfortunately).

that sounds nice @mawa! just to clarify over there it's almost 4 am right? if so it would be about 7 am for me so if it's still going on i'd probably join around 13:00/13:30ish (utc)

Oh where do you live? I live in the EST zone.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I think I'll be around on Sunday morning! I'll let you know in advance just in case I'm unable to make it.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    great! thanks to everyone for being so kind and helpful in getting Mawa added to the skype group. i'm sure we'll be able to enjoy many Wi-fi meetups together!

besides Wi-fi, i've also been advised about many other events to have in the club as well, and i'm thinking of organising some soon. firstly, JayD and Gardevoir suggested an Animal Crossing Designing Contest! we've already seen some marvelous designs by Lisia (i should really link to those in the first post of this club - will get on that) and i'd really like to see some others' artistic attempts as well! would you be interested in participating?

Last edited:
    Years
  • great! thanks to everyone in being so kind and helpful to get Mawa added to the skype group. i'm sure we'll be able to enjoy many Wi-fi meetups together!

besides Wi-fi, i've also been advised about many other events to have in the club as well, and i'm thinking of organising some soon. firstly, JayD and Gardevoir suggested an An{<3}imal Crossing Designing Contest! we've already seen some marvelous designs by Lisia (i should really link to those in the first post of this club - will get on that) and i'd really like to see some others' artistic attempts as well! would you be interested in participating?
    Yesss I would be very interested. After I completed the set of ORAS Contest Outfits, I was a little at loss as to what I should make next, so this would be motivation!

Also, I'd love to see what the rest of the club has designed/will design~
    One of my favorite new features of ACNL was the introduction of the QR machine and the ability to share your designs with the world and see what other people have made, too! ♥

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I Love the QR machine too, but I suck at designing T_T
    (It was an activity I just loved back in 2003!! I have more than 10 years (on and off) of AC, yaay)

I won't participate because I don't know how to make something that look good XD But I love the idea!! :)

Edit:
    WHAT IS WRONG WITH MEEEE
    I did two Snowboy T_T

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I'm all for the contest! I would definitely join!

Lmao, Mawa. I hate it when I accidentally make the wrong snowperson , gotta wait the next day to try again xD

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    Oh where do you live? I live in the EST zone.
    oh i'm in est too lol. i'm from Georgia.

great! thanks to everyone for being so kind and helpful in getting Mawa added to the skype group. i'm sure we'll be able to enjoy many Wi-fi meetups together!

besides Wi-fi, i've also been advised about many other events to have in the club as well, and i'm thinking of organising some soon. firstly, JayD and Gardevoir suggested an Animal Crossing Designing Contest! we've already seen some marvelous designs by Lisia (i should really link to those in the first post of this club - will get on that) and i'd really like to see some others' artistic attempts as well! would you be interested in participating?

that sounds like a fun contest to be a part of! i suck at designing but I think it would be worth a try.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Hey :) So we had a little fun time tonight :) Thanks to all members who took a look at my town :)
    But, for those who could not, I'll still be able to do it tomorrow if you want to!

EDIT: gnaa I can't double post T_T But I am back open! :)

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm trying to get the QR machine here. Sable won't give it to me yet.

Also, Nagi, maybe you should also mention in the OP that we have a skype chat too?

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    Also, Nagi, maybe you should also mention in the OP that we have a skype chat too?

oh, good idea! i'll add it.
    also, since there's so much interest for the design contest, i think we should go ahead and give it a try! we just need a theme. since it's almost Valentine's Day, i thought that might be a nice thing to go for? don't worry, that doesn't mean it has to be done before then. when everyone has submitted their design (i'll set a deadline if it takes too long!), i'd like to select the best design by means of a vote.

to promote discussion other than just 'i'm online!' and 'i'm in!' i think we need a new topic, too.
    How do you use designs in your game? Do you make them yourself, or just use QR codes off the web? Do you mostly use designs for clothing, or paths, or wallpaper/flooring, or even furniture?

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years

• How do you use designs in your game? Do you make them yourself, or just use QR codes off the web? Do you mostly use designs for clothing, or paths, or wallpaper/flooring, or even furniture?

I use QR codes online ;)
    For clothes, I have two patterns for a path, but I haven't used it for my house yet.

Years

• How do you use designs in your game? Do you make them yourself, or just use QR codes off the web? Do you mostly use designs for clothing, or paths, or wallpaper/flooring, or even furniture?
    For my town's paths, I got those off the web. The best path designs are actually a set of a number of individual designs. (Usually at least 7 or more in these kinds of sets, hence why I created an alt character to be the town's "path mule" so my main chara could dedicate design slots for clothes and such!) I never had interest in designing my own paths cuz it just seems more boring than making clothes and the like.

I have made designs for clothing, flags, some furniture, and the cutout standee near my train station. I've always adored how designs in Animal Crossing help you customize your experience and make it your own. :)

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    i'm happy everyone's so active in this club! topics don't last long since everyone answers right away (。 >艸<)

i have an announcement for the Design Contest!
    the theme for the contest will be Spring. Spring in Animal Crossing starts on February 18th, when the snow begins to melt, until it's completely gone on February 25th. we'll also be following this schedule for our contest: the deadline for submitting your design will be the 18th, after which voting will be available until the 25th.

please submit your design in QR code format, so we can add them to the first page of this club, and everyone can use them to be all ready for Spring! i'd also like you to put (part of) your PC username in your design name, so we know for sure you didn't take the design from elsewhere. please don't take offense - i just want this to be as fair as possible. after the contest is done, you can always re-submit your design with a different name if you so prefer.

that's it! a week for designing. good luck and lots of inspiration to all participants!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • sable PLEASE give me my qr machine already dang it

JayD and I have been in the talks of doing an AC movie night so we can watch either the subbed version or the english version of the Animal Crossing movie. I'm more than welcome to stream it since I got a pretty good computer right now that allows me to do so. I don't want to interfere with anyone's schedules, as well as my own, just wanted to throw that out there in case anyone's interested. I'll let Nagi's design contest run its course first though!

Years
  • sable PLEASE give me my qr machine already dang it

JayD and I have been in the talks of doing an AC movie night so we can watch either the subbed version or the english version of the Animal Crossing movie. I'm more than welcome to stream it since I got a pretty good computer right now that allows me to do so. I don't want to interfere with anyone's schedules, as well as my own, just wanted to throw that out there in case anyone's interested. I'll let Nagi's design contest run its course first though!
    I'd be up for it! I remember pitching the idea to Nagi a few weeks ago, but being unsure of how to host it myself as I've never streamed before. I'd prefer the subbed version... I've never heard the fandub before but I'd be okay with it if the rest of you prefer that version.

Back