• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Apr 3, 2008
    I absolutely luv the second beta. It is so cool to actually play gsc again but in an advanced setting. The only problem I have is with the no running shoes. I played the game on a rom cart, so I didnt have the "space bar acceleration" you'd normally use on vba. Any chance you could add the shoes back at the beginning for those of us that play the game on handheld?

Years
  • Hey, i just started playing your game, but i noticed some bugs... here they are:
    shinygoldxl6.png

xD That trainer u first verse is a Ghost or sumfing, or a patch of GRASS!!! (that happens if u talk to it right after carlos battles u!)
    shinygold1qv8.png

Your Mom cant speak Proper English!!!(PokeGear is VS Seeker now?? xD, it shud be poke nav...)
    shinygold2lo2.png

After u verse rival next to the fence, he pushes u into the fence!!!!! (easiest way to stop this is to simply remove that bit of the fence!
    shinygold3tw5.png

here, the guy'z name is weird!
    the same thing happens with some other people, but their names change, eg. 2trainer/1, 3trainer/1...

Last edited:
    Years
  • Here, i got an idea, u noe when the cops ask for silver's name, well, u cud get the cops to say, "thank You Young man/lady for helping us, AS a Token of our appreciation, please accept these Running Shoes... Obtained the Running Shoes"
    Or, just make a bike shop closer than GOLDENROD!!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Hoenn? Battle Frontier? Sevii Islands?

Do you want me to make all the pokemon games into one??????

lol

Well, I'll dedicate myself today to start fixing the annoying bugs. I've classified the very long list of bugs and other things into four levels, so I'll start fixing the ones in the lower levels (which are easier to fix), the highest level, which is generally the general problems, are gonna be left as they are, so in the next beta they will be there yet.

And, about the Running Shoes, I'll make the player's mom give it together with the Amulet Coin. Problem solved! (Of course, if you want to run, you'll need to start the game again, I warned ya!)
    And, Drake1012, the bugs you posted were already posted. You just missed them... Stop, please. At least till I finish to fix most of the already posted bugs...

I hope the game becomes better with the bug fixing, but I have a long way to go (29 different problems counted, sniff :'()

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Here, i got an idea, u noe when the cops ask for silver's name, well, u cud get the cops to say, "thank You Young man/lady for helping us, AS a Token of our appreciation, please accept these Running Shoes... Obtained the Running Shoes"

I personally like Drake's idea. So Zel, why not have the character get the running shoes then instead of getting them with the amulet coin. The amulet coin is ages away - not really, but getting them from the policeman is much sooner and thus more convinient.

I also hope you the best in fixing those glitches. God speed. I just hope it won't hinder you in making the hack...good luck, and hope nothing goes wrong into ruining ti all...

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Huh?, you seem to have forgotten that when you talk with the policeman, then you can talk with Elm (giving him the Mystery Egg), then you can talk with your mom (optionally) and get the Amulet Coin, and so, the Running Shoes. So everything happens at the same time. I think you got confused.

And, I want your mom to give them. You just walked normally for a while, just like in any other pokemon game, and then you can run with the shoes. The restart cannot be avoided (when the game is completed, you don't want to get them at a very advanced stage, do you? I said that you shouldn't play the game so seriously, because I'm always doing changes in the previous stages.)

Besides, I have so many things to fix, that I think it's worth a replay...

Speaking of that, so far I've fixed everything up to Silver's first battle. I've even modified the game so that when you lose after getting the Egg and the Pokedex at Mr.Pokemon's house, if you are defeated, you'll get warped to the PC in Cherrygrove, instead of your house (avoiding the skipping of the battle against Silver). But... it really was a pain to do it... And, perhaps some will complain that during a second, they are warped to the house, then to the PC in Cherrygrove. However, that's the only way I could do it...

Argh, I hate having to add new scripts to differ only in the movements of the sprites, but... I'll keep fixing stuff. See ya later!

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    with the warping back to the house thing
    you did battle the rival, iif you went to Cherrygrove
    plus, he was outside in that nook when te policeman was in there O.o stupid police is bblliinndd! lol

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Huh?, you seem to have forgotten that when you talk with the policeman, then you can talk with Elm (giving him the Mystery Egg), then you can talk with your mom (optionally) and get the Amulet Coin, and so, the Running Shoes. So everything happens at the same time. I think you got confused.

And, I want your mom to give them. You just walked normally for a while, just like in any other pokemon game, and then you can run with the shoes. The restart cannot be avoided (when the game is completed, you don't want to get them at a very advanced stage, do you? I said that you shouldn't play the game so seriously, because I'm always doing changes in the previous stages.)

Woops! My bad! :nervous: Actually, I guess it's because I haven't been playing the GSC game for ages, and I only sampled your hack once - I plan to play it when it's completely finished - however, besides the bugs everythings all good! :) Really I'm just the player; you're the creator: you do what you can to make the game a success; we play it! :D

Years
  • Hey, i just started playing your game, but i noticed some bugs... here they are:
    shinygoldxl6.png

xD That trainer u first verse is a Ghost or sumfing, or a patch of GRASS!!! (that happens if u talk to it right after carlos battles u!)

.............I already submitted that glitch, be respectful and look through the thread to see if yours is already in there..

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • Huh?, you seem to have forgotten that when you talk with the policeman, then you can talk with Elm (giving him the Mystery Egg), then you can talk with your mom (optionally) and get the Amulet Coin, and so, the Running Shoes. So everything happens at the same time. I think you got confused.

Speaking of that, so far I've fixed everything up to Silver's first battle. I've even modified the game so that when you lose after getting the Egg and the Pokedex at Mr.Pokemon's house, if you are defeated, you'll get warped to the PC in Cherrygrove, instead of your house (avoiding the skipping of the battle against Silver). But... it really was a pain to do it... And, perhaps some will complain that during a second, they are warped to the house, then to the PC in Cherrygrove. However, that's the only way I could do it...

Argh, I hate having to add new scripts to differ only in the movements of the sprites, but... I'll keep fixing stuff. See ya later!

So, if I understand you correctly, you want to make the running shoes only obtainable at the end of the game? I love that, that makes the game more fun, you get the excitement of looking forward to getting the shoes. Thats only if I understood you correctly.

But whatever, the game looks amazing, and don't give up, youv'e come to far.

Years
  • Umm... that would suck if you got the shoes at the end, lol, make the game slower then, thats if he said at the end you get them.. anyway... nice job Zel, keep it up!

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    That adds to the replay ability I find because I think some of us are alittle too greatful for them shoes. Or you know, you could make them retardedly expensive :P

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • So, if I understand you correctly, you want to make the running shoes only obtainable at the end of the game? I love that, that makes the game more fun, you get the excitement of looking forward to getting the shoes. Thats only if I understood you correctly.

But whatever, the game looks amazing, and don't give up, youv'e come to far.

Well, you seem to have misunderstood me. I said that the shoes would be given to the player by his/her mom, after you deliver the Mystery Egg to professor Elm (and they are, I'm currently running around, and testing because in some places you can't run). OK this time?

Well, so far all bugs fixed up to Azalea. But, OH NO! It's Illex..........!!!!!! :shocked:

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2007
    you did nice zel. i love your game very much. johto is the best. i dont no about hacking. but can your game have day and night times.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    but can your game have day and night times.

Good idea. Also what about apricorns and making balls out of them. I guess the only way to get around this is to trade Kurt certain berries for certain types of Pokeballs...that works out, won't it? :nervous:

PS: I'm too lazy to look around the thread, but if by any chance someone mentioned this already, then go ahead and kill me! :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back