• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What could have been better in X/Y?

Years
  • X and Y was a great game don't get me wrong. But I have a few issues that I think should be fixed when, and if there's a 3rd game:

-Move tutors, and lots of them. I mean Black/White 2 hit the spot with that but this is ridiculous
    -More specific GTS search and allowing special pokemon to be traded. Don't you want the ability to search for shinies or offer shiny for shiny?

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
  • I would say that there needs to be more perspectives. The 3D is so cool when you're in Lumiose, and it could be a good option for the rest of the region as well.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    The only things I can think of that haven't been mention yet are more customisation options and to be able to search/ask for pokémon with specific abilities on the GTS.

Years
  • pretty much everything that everyone suggested on this, my main gripe was with the post game, to me it seemed almost non-existent. the gts needs an overhaul too, im tired of looking for a vulpix and seeing hundereds of people wanting a mew or a lugia for it. even though it has its flaws, i freakin love this game

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    I still don't understand why I can't trade my event pokemon on the GTS. It just... boggles the mind. ><

Years
  • I still don't understand why I can't trade my event pokemon on the GTS. It just... boggles the mind. ><

I guess the reason behind this is because they are considered too special or valuable to trade, so that's why they placed that lock on anything that comes in a Cherish Ball, which includes event legendaries.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    I guess the reason behind this is because they are considered too special or valuable to trade, so that's why they placed that lock on anything that comes in a Cherish Ball, which includes event legendaries.

Except for the fact that I can trade those same pokemon with anyone via Friend Code sharing.

It just doesn't make sense to let us trade these pokemon via the more painful method but not the ease of the GTS.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It would have been nice if there were more clothes and accessories. Even if they weren't able to fit them all in, maybe they could have made these stuff downloadable via eShop? All things that you get would be saved onto your memory card, and wouldn't affect the cartridge's storage in any way. Another thing I was looking forward to see implemented is auto-save. We forget to save every now and then, and when we do, this would've been able to keep us away from being worried. :b

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • At this point in the game, I really hoped that they could up the animations a bit, in everything, like battles and such, maybe some randomize alternate patters of attacking in a move and some cool animation for CRITS. *sigh* C'mon Pokemon step it up a bit.

Years
  • At this point in the game, I really hoped that they could up the animations a bit, in everything, like battles and such, maybe some randomize alternate patters of attacking in a move and some cool animation for CRITS. *sigh* C'mon Pokemon step it up a bit.

Lets not forget Sudowoodo's amazing animated model. It's as cool as watching paint dry!

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Did anyone notice that the buttons in the pause menu (Save, Options, etc) can be organized around via touchscreen? I honestly don't understand why they let you choose the order of these options, but not the option to have "Organize Boxes" as the first option in the PC, nor the option to organize the PSS options (Why are O-Powers on the second page?!).

I want a story and rivals that actually makes me think as (relatively) deep as I did in Black/White. I think the post-story could have been a bit more involved than it did with just Looker and a few chapters.

I would kinda wish that chaining could be done in Friend Safaris. They're such perfect locations for it.

Better Pokemon Amie facial recognization. Better ways to communicate with strangers when trading.

Jakeremix

Poképro~
    Years

I believe they stepped it up when they created 3D models for 721 pokemon AND animated them all. Do people not realize how hard and time consuming that must've been?

Years
  • I believe they stepped it up when they created 3D models for 721 pokemon AND animated them all. Do people not realize how hard and time consuming that must've been?

I'd imagine all the hard work done there, no wonder I always liked leaving the battle scene idle at times. It was so I could admire the glorius 3D models of the Pokemon.

Darth Arceus

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • First, see my signature (if it changes, know it's about the lack of advanced move tutors). There should have been more bag, shoe, and primary accessory colors (buttons each have a secondary). A way to filter competitor level ranges in the Battle Chateau would have made training quicker. Being able to choose which legendary bird to encounter regardless of other factors would have been good.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    The music, the altered cries for certain Pokémon, and the overall setting for the game to name a few things could have been far better if you ask me.

Dragneil

Lightning Trainer
    Years
  • Gotta agree with the GTS having the shiny option and I also think it would be cool if there was an option to say I have "x" pokemon show me what people want to trade for it. Also agree with post game needs to be more, seems to be really lacking compared to previous gens

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2014
    the storyline could have been better they basically threw the whole thing at you after the 7th gym leader. and yeah gts could have been better

Back