• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What could have been better in X/Y?

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I felt like the maps were too simple. It wouldn't have hurt to add more diverse scenery to the routes. At the beginning of the game, each route came off as bland and boring. They may have thought that the 3D graphics would compensate, but I still think more could have gone into the mapping.

Right? Grassy plains and grassy hills are so tired. Whilst deserts and snow areas aren't so overdone, they're so similar to the ones in previous games that they're practically worthless (especially the snow areas in X/Y, though I liked the ice cave!).

There was a severe lack of water that needed to be crossed too!

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I actually liked the story, especially for not being as melodramatic as the fifth gen games' were.

I'd love a challenge mode as well, rather than a difficulty upgrade right away. I'd rather not have the games made too hard for the audiences they're actually sold to.

Back