• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Online Distribution Of Heracross or Pinsir in the US

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
IS anyone in Canada here and signed up for the newsletter? I just need someone who has done it to walk me through it in order to get the mega stones. Thanks!
Never done it, and not bothering. I get enough spam as it is. I don't need another one just for some Mega Stone I can easily get from a cloner here, or even from my Y game itself if I decide to go back and play it through.

The fact I would only get one stone between two games is also a bad thing. Very piss-poor event IMO.

I still laugh: "Here is a super-tough Heracross that comes at Lv.50!" Hey, Gamefreak! Look at my super-tough Heracross, EV trained, at Lv.1, that you can get to Lv.50 within three meals at Le Wow!

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Never done it, and not bothering. I get enough spam as it is. I don't need another one just for some Mega Stone I can easily get from a cloner here, or even from my Y game itself if I decide to go back and play it through.

The fact I would only get one stone between two games is also a bad thing. Very piss-poor event IMO.

I still laugh: "Here is a super-tough Heracross that comes at Lv.50!" Hey, Gamefreak! Look at my super-tough Heracross, EV trained, at Lv.1, that you can get to Lv.50 within three meals at Le Wow!

Okay sorry, I'm GENUINELY asking for help on how to sign up because I DO want the stones, I'm not asking for a poll on who does and doesn't want it. I don't know how to sign up for the newsletter and apparently no one else does either. I know how I THINK I've signed up for it but until I get ANYONE else who has done so I have no idea whether or not I did it properly or not.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 29, 2015
Heracross and Pinsir distribution for Canadian players

Hi all,

just an FYI, although Nintendo has reported that the Heracross and Pinsir distribution event taking place at GameStop in North America will also take place at GameStops Canadian branch EB Games, this is actually a miscommunication on Nintendo's behalf.

I went to 4 different EB games in my city today and called several others and all stores told me that the event is not taking place for Canadian fans. I was told verbatum that it was a miscommunication on Nintendo's behalf that EB Games would be part of this distribution. However, the future Diancie distribution later this year will be taking place through EB in Canada.

Just letting you Canucks know to avoid an unnecessary trip to EB to be disappointed.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Hi all,

just an FYI, although Nintendo has reported that the Heracross and Pinsir distribution event taking place at GameStop in North America will also take place at GameStops Canadian branch EB Games, this is actually a miscommunication on Nintendo's behalf.

I went to 4 different EB games in my city today and called several others and all stores told me that the event is not taking place for Canadian fans. I was told verbatum that it was a miscommunication on Nintendo's behalf that EB Games would be part of this distribution. However, the future Diancie distribution later this year will be taking place through EB in Canada.

Just letting you Canucks know to avoid an unnecessary trip to EB to be disappointed.

Canadian gamers get a code via the email newsletter and then they can enter the code into their game and download the stone. The problem is no one will say HOW to sign up for the newsletter, so don't ask here because no one will tell you! ;-) but seriously, I THINK I've signed up for it, but I never got any confirmation from any where stating whether I had signed up for the correct thing and I can't remember EVER getting an email from Nintendo or anyone relating to Pokemon. I'm not sure why everyone needs to keep it a big secret, people complain about the States not getting events but at least there's not a conspiracy to specifically hide information away from the US players like there is for Canadian gamers, lol! :D

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
There's an easy solution: find an American friend with access to a Gamestop to get an extra code by visiting another outlet. Or, if multiple can be easily obtained, that too.

Just got offered a code for my Heracronite this evening by someone who shall remain nameless (I don't want that person bombarded with requests). And the codes obtained in America still work in Canada. So yeah, no newsletter and I got a Mega Stone I had yet to obtain from not playing through Y in full. No problem. :)

And I'm happy for this; I looked up both the Pinsir and the Heracross, and it seems neither gets any guaranteed perfect IVs ("strong" Pokémon, my asp). There are no special moves, either. All of Heracross' moves come from the level-up set (not even a single TM), while Pinsir at least gets three TMs - but still, TMs.

What a waste of a chance to get publicity, Nintendo. Epic fail.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
There's an easy solution: find an American friend with access to a Gamestop to get an extra code by visiting another outlet. Or, if multiple can be easily obtained, that too.

Just got offered a code for my Heracronite this evening by someone who shall remain nameless (I don't want that person bombarded with requests). And the codes obtained in America still work in Canada. So yeah, no newsletter and I got a Mega Stone I had yet to obtain from not playing through Y in full. No problem. :)

And I'm happy for this; I looked up both the Pinsir and the Heracross, and it seems neither gets any guaranteed perfect IVs ("strong" Pokémon, my asp). There are no special moves, either. All of Heracross' moves come from the level-up set (not even a single TM), while Pinsir at least gets three TMs - but still, TMs.

What a waste of a chance to get publicity, Nintendo. Epic fail.

Totally awesome hearing people brag about getting stuff they don't really want when others like me are desperately asking anyone anywhere how to get the same thing they really do want and no one will tell them! ;-)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Totally awesome hearing people brag about getting stuff they don't really want when others like me are desperately asking anyone anywhere how to get the same thing they really do want and no one will tell them! ;-)
Actually, the stone was kind of a good thing for the game in question because I didn't have it. It's the Pokémon I didn't need. Have you seen their Heracross? Lv.50 and still knows one of its Start moves with not even a TM, let alone any special moves. I have bred many better than theirs.

Here's what I'll suggest for you, Howmander. Call Nintendo CS at 1-800-255-3700 and tell them that you are having difficulty. They might give you a code over the phone. No guarantee, but there have been stories of Gamestops requiring purchase to get a code and Nintendo has given out free codes for that (because there is no purchase required; I guess those Gamestops are nearly bankrupt and don't want to honour the guidelines of the promotion). You can milk it and say you went to an EB and they told you you have to signup for a newsletter, but they weren't sure how you go about doing that and all you want is a Mega Stone. Give it a shot. :)

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Actually, the stone was kind of a good thing for the game in question because I didn't have it. It's the Pokémon I didn't need. Have you seen their Heracross? Lv.50 and still knows one of its Start moves with not even a TM, let alone any special moves. I have bred many better than theirs.

Here's what I'll suggest for you, Howmander. Call Nintendo CS at 1-800-255-3700 and tell them that you are having difficulty. They might give you a code over the phone. No guarantee, but there have been stories of Gamestops requiring purchase to get a code and Nintendo has given out free codes for that (because there is no purchase required; I guess those Gamestops are nearly bankrupt and don't want to honour the guidelines of the promotion). You can milk it and say you went to an EB and they told you you have to signup for a newsletter, but they weren't sure how you go about doing that and all you want is a Mega Stone. Give it a shot. :)

THANK YOU! FINALLY there's some actual help! I really appreciate it. Unfortunately I did phone jsut now after reading your post and the only info she had was "That giveaway is only being held in the states" and I told her that the actual in store giveaway at Gamestop was being held in the states, but that what I was calling about was the newsletter for Canadians being sent out because we weren't getting the in store give away at all, and she put me on hold to go look stuff up and when she got back she told me how the Pokemon company is a separate company from Nintendo and how Nintendo is licensed to use their artwork and game information but any giveaways are by the company themselves. So while it didn't actually accomplish anything since no one STILL knows where I need to sign up, at least you gave me a course of action to try, so thank you very much!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
THANK YOU! FINALLY there's some actual help! I really appreciate it. Unfortunately I did phone jsut now after reading your post and the only info she had was "That giveaway is only being held in the states" and I told her that the actual in store giveaway at Gamestop was being held in the states, but that what I was calling about was the newsletter for Canadians being sent out because we weren't getting the in store give away at all, and she put me on hold to go look stuff up and when she got back she told me how the Pokemon company is a separate company from Nintendo and how Nintendo is licensed to use their artwork and game information but any giveaways are by the company themselves. So while it didn't actually accomplish anything since no one STILL knows where I need to sign up, at least you gave me a course of action to try, so thank you very much!
I wonder if you got redirected to a Canadian branch. Nintendo of Canada is listed, I think, as a different company, so maybe their information on the promotion is indeed different.

Maybe try calling back a couple of times and see if you get another result? If you still don't get the help you seek, perhaps try a supervisor? Point out to that supervisor that all you want is a working code for the Mega Stone but EB isn't carrying the in-store promotion like Gamestoop is, and even reference this Reddit story where someone DID get a code over the phone after the local Gamestoop store flat-out refused to give it to that customer, and that you therefore know that Nintendo can give out codes over the phone. Indicate that the Pokémon being distributed via Wifi is useless and that you have already bred one that is much stronger than theirs (I could technically give you a 6IV Heracross in the case of X, I have a few), and with the same (or better) moves, and all you want is the Mega Stone that your game does not have that goes with that Pokémon. Indicate that you don't think it's fair to have to go through all of the hoops and hurdles you're being forced to circumnavigate just to get a 16 character string of text to input into your game. Maybe a supervisor can do something. :)

EDIT: I really wish the Internet didn't promo-link store names to my posts...notice I've edited to say "Gamestoop"...

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
I wonder if you got redirected to a Canadian branch. Nintendo of Canada is listed, I think, as a different company, so maybe their information on the promotion is indeed different.

Maybe try calling back a couple of times and see if you get another result? If you still don't get the help you seek, perhaps try a supervisor? Point out to that supervisor that all you want is a working code for the Mega Stone but EB isn't carrying the in-store promotion like Gamestoop is, and even reference this Reddit story where someone DID get a code over the phone after the local Gamestoop store flat-out refused to give it to that customer, and that you therefore know that Nintendo can give out codes over the phone. Indicate that the Pokémon being distributed via Wifi is useless and that you have already bred one that is much stronger than theirs (I could technically give you a 6IV Heracross in the case of X, I have a few), and with the same (or better) moves, and all you want is the Mega Stone that your game does not have that goes with that Pokémon. Indicate that you don't think it's fair to have to go through all of the hoops and hurdles you're being forced to circumnavigate just to get a 16 character string of text to input into your game. Maybe a supervisor can do something. :)

EDIT: I really wish the Internet didn't promo-link store names to my posts...notice I've edited to say "Gamestoop"...

Well according to this (thank god they have this calendar section in the 3ds site, I just hope the link actually works) http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/3ade2b4a-0c41-41ab-8572-be7e8a223084 Canadian gamers can't get the stones until Sept 17/18, and ONLY on those dates, BUT we have to be signed up to the newsletter by Sep 1 or we still can't get it. I still have no idea if I signed up correctly or not because the link states "You'll need to have opted in to receiving the newsletter in your Pokémon Trainer Club account preferences by September 1, 2014." however, going to the account/profile settings (which brings you to the US Pokemon.com website, even though my account clearly shows me as being in Canada) the onyl option I can find is under email preferences which states "I would like to receive marketing email messages, including information about future online games, from The Pokémon Company International." and the box is checked, so while presumption dictates that that MUST be the newsletter, the 3ds PGL site says to sign up for the newsletter, but the site that you control your profile on doesn't say Newsletter anywhere, and on top of that, even though both registered games from the PGL website still link back to the same profile on the Pokemon.com website, there's no confirmation or information on whether or not both games are valid, whether you will get one or both stones if you have both games registered, or even if that is the actual newsletter or not (because nothing says specifically newsletter so you don't know if it's the correct thing, as well as you get no kind of confirmation either online or through email, and I can't remember ever getting any kind of email from pokemon ever in the past)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Why the two and a half week turnaround just for marketing spam mail? That's a bit ridiculous. Does it really take that long to allocate codes to everyone?

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Why the two and a half week turnaround just for marketing spam mail? That's a bit ridiculous. Does it really take that long to allocate codes to everyone?

I would imagine it's to prevent a glut of emails on the day of, possibly.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 23
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
What the hell the people in Japan are getting Diancies right now and what we are getting is...a Heracross/Pinsir without their Mega Stones?? Wow seriously? And I don't really like distribution via Serial Code sigh :(

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Well according to this (thank god they have this calendar section in the 3ds site, I just hope the link actually works) http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/3ade2b4a-0c41-41ab-8572-be7e8a223084 Canadian gamers can't get the stones until Sept 17/18, and ONLY on those dates, BUT we have to be signed up to the newsletter by Sep 1 or we still can't get it. I still have no idea if I signed up correctly or not because the link states "You'll need to have opted in to receiving the newsletter in your Pokémon Trainer Club account preferences by September 1, 2014." however, going to the account/profile settings (which brings you to the US Pokemon.com website, even though my account clearly shows me as being in Canada) the onyl option I can find is under email preferences which states "I would like to receive marketing email messages, including information about future online games, from The Pokémon Company International." and the box is checked, so while presumption dictates that that MUST be the newsletter, the 3ds PGL site says to sign up for the newsletter, but the site that you control your profile on doesn't say Newsletter anywhere, and on top of that, even though both registered games from the PGL website still link back to the same profile on the Pokemon.com website, there's no confirmation or information on whether or not both games are valid, whether you will get one or both stones if you have both games registered, or even if that is the actual newsletter or not (because nothing says specifically newsletter so you don't know if it's the correct thing, as well as you get no kind of confirmation either online or through email, and I can't remember ever getting any kind of email from pokemon ever in the past)
The "American friend" option is looking better and better...

Years
I just got my Heracross the other day! It was... kind of disappointing when I saw those horrible IVs though. I think I'm gonna head down to gamestop and pick up some Heracronite anyway, though.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Leave it to Games*** Corporate to screw up a free promotion.

Someone posted a picture of a poster at his local outlet. It says, and I quote, "Pre-order [OR or AS] and Receive Heracross for Pokémon X or Pinsir for Pokémon Y - You'll also receive the Mega Stone you need to Mega Evolve Heracross or Pinsir"

Not only is this blatantly wrong, but it's misinformation on Gamestop's part and will lead to severing chances that Gamestop (and in turn, EB in Canada) will get any further promotions. Which would also help to limit our future events even more.

Thank you, corporate greed.

Oh, and Canada doesn't have the posters. Not yet, anyway.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I got a code (for Heracross/Heracronite I think) on reddit but it doesn't work since I'm in Europe.

If anyone wants it, send me a PM.

(I hope it's ok to post this here, not sure where else is appropriate)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I'm debating whether or not I should participate in obtaining a Pinsir in my Y, as I've already got one via Wonder Trade, though I don't have a Pinsirnite in my possession.

Back