• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKéMON: Mewtwo Strikes Back (MSB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
This looks great! Nice spites and the mapping is acurate. Maybe you should do the other Pokemon movies after this one as well? Like the 5th, that would be really good.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Yea, like do Mewtwo Returns, since it is the second part to this movie.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
Wow, so many questions! Thanks for keeping the thread alive, guys.

Good news: I found a backup! And better yet, this month marks the 10 year anniversary of the movie hitting theatres in the US. Guess that means I'd better release a demo for you at some point soon, huh? :)

It'll only be up to Old Shore Wharf, but there's plenty to do there. I'm making sure of it :D

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Do, you need someone to test releases? I'd be glad to do that, to help out.

PEPITO1O1O

~Saïx~
Years
lol i check this everyday, because i really want this to be finished!!
THIS LOOKS SO AWESOME!!!!

"defno'

Monster Tamer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Home
  • Seen Nov 6, 2010
Wow, this seems like a brilliant idea!
Very creative and the spriter is great too.
I love how this is looking so far, keep it up man.

Aberbecam

Banned
Years
The mewtwo sprite on the titlescreen is too small and it looks little bit weird. Try making a new and bigger mewtwo sprite for the titlescreen, But the game is overall is really good. Good choice of tile,OW sprite and all ;)

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
hey this looks pretty awesome so far, just thought I'd let you know i'm here if you need anything at all, i can sprite a little, though i'm bloody slow, and have worked with RMXP a fair bit, havent used the pkmn essentials tho :(
but i can also compose music, help with extra NPC design, beta test etc. if you'd like help w/ anything like that.
Anyway, keep up the good work.
Tex

---------------- Now playing:Grinspoon - Black Tattoo

Danno

Years
Thanks for your interest. Custom music could be fun!

Anyways, update time guys!

Tomorrow I plan... to release the BETA!

Simply because it'll be exactly 10 years since the movie hit US theatres. So, enjoy that.

also, new video footage!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyDXVgc694s

Check it out, a functioning jail!

Danno

Years
HARK!

Today marks TEN YEARS since the day POKéMON: The First Movie hit theatres in the United States. I was hoping to have this game done by now, but sadly, I don't. I'm working almost alone on this game, aside from AvatarKris soing some sprite work for it.

BUT ALAS. The beta, in RPG Maker XP format, is available to you!

Here is the holy link.
Bow down to it.

Haha :D Anyways, all you do is install the things in the folder it says to, and run the Game.EXE after to play.

I realize this game is buggy. And I'd appreciate any and all bugs, glitches, and mistakes to be brought up to me.

And, if you have experience spriting, messing with RPGXP and Poccil's Starter Kit, or anything else that may be useful, tell me so. This game will TAKE FOREVER TO MAKE unless I can get some help, guys!

Enjoy!​

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Well, I downloaded and played it and here are my thoughts (there might be some spoilers):

Spoiler:

Danno

Years
About the demo being small, that's covered in the last post. I dont have people to help with tiles and such for mewtwo's castle... and that's very much needed. There are hidden little quests around though, such as finding and returning a lady's purse, reuniting a couplle, etc.
the music problem... I haven't had that yet, that's odd.
The Team Rocket Motto won't be used, because I used the script from the movie... and they weren't even seen by Ash, Misty and Brock at that time. Rewatch the movie ;)
How could you finish the battle building so easily in such a short time? Anyways, it's not complete, I added my cameo at the top only for people who'd bother in there. That and the Masterball will not be in any real version of the game.

There is a cutscene with Amber in planning... but not until you get to Mewtwo's Castle.
The Tileset for Secluded cove... it may change. I don't know yet. Depends on if I can get help like I said...

Anyways, that covers that. Thanks for the input. :D

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
About the demo being small, that's covered in the last post. I dont have people to help with tiles and such for mewtwo's castle... and that's very much needed. There are hidden little quests around though, such as finding and returning a lady's purse, reuniting a couplle, etc.
the music problem... I haven't had that yet, that's odd.
The Team Rocket Motto won't be used, because I used the script from the movie... and they weren't even seen by Ash, Misty and Brock at that time. Rewatch the movie ;)
How could you finish the battle building so easily in such a short time? Anyways, it's not complete, I added my cameo at the top only for people who'd bother in there. That and the Masterball will not be in any real version of the game.

There is a cutscene with Amber in planning... but not until you get to Mewtwo's Castle.
The Tileset for Secluded cove... it may change. I don't know yet. Depends on if I can get help like I said...

Anyways, that covers that. Thanks for the input. :D

Well, about the battle building, it was easy beacause in the toughest battle pretty much all pokémon had weaknesses to mine, for example, slowbro was weak to pikachu, bulbasaur and also squitle's bite. onix, was easily defeated by water gun and them uk was the hardest one, I had to use smokescreen till he couldn't hit me. Thats it.

Danno

Years
Alrighty, I see. Well There are supposed to be 10 floors of battle alone, and on the top will be rewards. But you'll find out about that later. :D

((EDIT: Meant to say 10.))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back