• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
  • Hey you have 4th gen pokemon, but do you have 4th gen pokemon moves?

No, 'cause it'll be a pain in the ass to edit the animations for the 4th gen moves.

I just started playing this ...beta 2 ?
    And I noticed you can get an Omastar straight away in professors lab , shouldn't it be an omanyte ? :S And Im you say no to getting it ...it disappears XD

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but ...Haven't got time to search through the thread .

It should be an Omastar, 'cause you know, some Trainers in the Hack are quite hard to beat (Due to me messing around.), so Omastar will be a better opinion. Also, for the "Yes" and "No" case, Wesley did that on purpose.

You're supposed to get the Pokemon. If you say "No", then you'll not get it.
    For example: A nice person tries to offer a whole bar of chocolate to you.
    What if you said "No"? Will that person continue to stand there until you say "Yes"? No!

I hope you understand my explaination. "I'm sorry if I get a little tense."
    from Sweet, Grand Theft Auto San Andreas.

donquixote123456

Hacker on the go
    Years
  • Ummmmm here's the deal. When i click your download link it transfers to your personal site right? When i click the download link there it just gives me a load of letters and NO file. Please help. I really wanna play your rom. Especially bcoz most of the roms on this forum dont have a download link and its really frustrating when you finally find a link and it doesn't work

hackerofdarkness

I have return
    Years
  • Ummmmm here's the deal. When i click your download link it transfers to your personal site right? When i click the download link there it just gives me a load of letters and NO file. Please help. I really wanna play your rom. Especially bcoz most of the roms on this forum dont have a download link and its really frustrating when you finally find a link and it doesn't work
    Umm its a ips file go download ips from whack a hack then go download a rom from google then get winrar if you have it just excract it and patch it to the ruby verson 1.0 verson and volla you got the hack

Years
  • Actually I think Wesley is gonna change the Pokemon in Prof. Jasmine's house to Elekid like it was supposed to be. I'd rather have that instead of a Level 5 evolved fossil Pokemon. By the way when I play Light Platinum I start with Cyndaquil and have Shinx from Route 402 along side it and by the time I got to the Thomas' gym in Dardusk City they are a Typhlosion and Luxray around Level 40. Interesting for me since I have a Luxray in DPP alongside Infernape and in HGSS I have a Typhlosion alongside Ampharos. By the way what are the new names of the gym leaders? I forgot them so I am using Beta 2's names.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • Actually I think Wesley is gonna change the Pokemon in Prof. Jasmine's house to Elekid like it was supposed to be. I'd rather have that instead of a Level 5 evolved fossil Pokemon.

By the way what are the new names of the gym leaders? I forgot them so I am using Beta 2's names.

First of all, Wesley intended to have an Omanyte as the Pokemon hidden in Prof. Jasmine's lab. But why did I leave it as Omastar? That's simple - I messed with Beta 2's data, making trainers stronger. But don't worry, I won't do that on Beta 3, unless you want to play the X version of it.

Oh, and by the way, here are the new names of the leaders.

Bug Girl - Ariadna
    Grass girl - Florence
    Water guy - Laike
    Ghost guy - Auric
    Ground guy - Silas
    Electric guy - Wyre
    Ice girl - Aisey

Years
  • I'll be calling them by their names that they were introduced as though. Just because I think I prefer WesleyFG's more I guess. By the way when you make the X version don't use PET use A-Trainer since it edits more. I'll use it for decapitalization of the final beta, as said before I will make a version where map names, trainer names, and trainer classes are decapitalized so it's more like Generation 4. Moves and items will stay the same sadly.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    this rom is soo cool..but i cant play it..when i patch it..it turns to white..then nothing appear in the screen of my vba...can u help me...pls..i viewed your screenshots..and i like it ^^

+ rep ^^
    thank you for your help :)

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • SonicBlazePlatinum;6196997Just because I think I prefer WesleyFG's more I guess. By the way when you make the X version don't use[B said:
    PET [/B]use A-Trainer since it edits more. I'll use it for decapitalization of the final beta, as said before I will make a version where map names, trainer names, and trainer classes are decapitalized so it's more like Generation 4. Moves and items will stay the same sadly.

PET, to be honest, is not very good. I always use A-Trainer. Hack Mew's tools are of high quality and awesome.
    I'll be sure to decapitalize everything, except for items and moves.

Years
  • So I am guessing you will decapitalize map names, trainer classes, and trainer names? Also since Kenta's official name is Ethan and has the same overworld you should call him Ethan since that's also what I call him since my name is Ethan too.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • So I am guessing you will decapitalize map names, trainer classes, and trainer names? Also since Kenta's official name is Ethan and has the same overworld you should call him Ethan since that's also what I call him since my name is Ethan too.

Oh, yes. I'll change Gold's name as well. And yes, I'll do the decapitalization on everything, except for the items, Pokemon and moves.

where does Beta 2 ends?..

P.S. i'm new here, sorry for my silly question...

Since you're new, I'll answer your question. Once you beat Thomas (Or Auric in the upcoming Beta 3) the Beta ends.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • what is spam???me messages are deleted because of spam!

Spam means that you're posting something that you shouldn't post.
    It's most likely that you broke the posting rules...

roselia evolves at level 32 but when it evolves it reverts back to level 26 O.o maybe i should tell wesley about this slight glitch. Ummmmm and to the other guy with the patching problem pm me and ill tell u website to download the clean roms

Hmm... if that's the case, then I think that I should change the way Roselia evolves. In Beta 3, Roselia'll evolve via Leaf Stone.

And for the bolded sentence, you CAN'T do that. Mods can still infract you, give warnings even if you're sending illegal files via PM.

If that person has patching problems, then why don't you just TEACH him instead of taking risks?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • roselia evolves at level 32 but when it evolves it reverts back to level 26 O.o maybe i should tell wesley about this slight glitch. Ummmmm and to the other guy with the patching problem pm me and ill tell u website to download the clean roms
    It's unfortunately very usual Ruby hack glitch ;)

what is spam???me messages are deleted because of spam!
    Do you understand, that you just spammed again...?

Hmm... if that's the case, then I think that I should change the way Roselia evolves. In Beta 3, Roselia'll evolve via Leaf Stone.
    There's no guarantee that it's gonna work until you try it ;)
    So try it now and then report whether it worked or not =)

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
  • Even if you make it evolve via stone it may still do that, in the old Explorers of the Sky hack when you change Shaymin to sky forme via evolution by Gracadia flower it reverts from level 45 to level 41. Some of these glitches just can't be corrected.

Back