• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2015
    Traded my shiny Grumpig for a Lugia. It's japanese and I'm happy with it. On my week long shiny challenge, with a target of five for the week, I'm still only 1 shiny up. Hoping to find my second of the week today.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2015
    Lol, 20 minutes later and I've found shiny #2 of the week!

Shiny Basculin - Chain fishing. After 7 reels.

Haven't checked any stats yet.

Years
  • My first time going into the friend safari I found a shiny Kakuna as soon as I stepped into the grass. That's my only one on this game so far. I might try the Masuda Method later this week if I can come across a foreign Poke on Wonder Trade.

Years
  • I really envy all you people who find shiny Pokemon ! >< I've tried poke radar, chain fishing and friend safari for hours on end and found zilch ]: Currently trying Masuda Method for shiny Vulpix, and I'm at about 600 eggs... I'm definitely sure the chances are better in Gen VI though, so many people are finding shinies now. I guess I'm just really unlucky T_T

P.s. do you think tipping helps the chances of finding a shiny ? I've heard some folk talking about this...

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I really envy all you people who find shiny Pokemon ! >< I've tried poke radar, chain fishing and friend safari for hours on end and found zilch ]: Currently trying Masuda Method for shiny Vulpix, and I'm at about 600 eggs... I'm definitely sure the chances are better in Gen VI though, so many people are finding shinies now. I guess I'm just really unlucky T_T

P.s. do you think tipping helps the chances of finding a shiny ? I've heard some folk talking about this...
    Make sure your lead Pokemon has the ability Suction Cups when you are trying the fishing method. Also, it helps to be facing a group of rocks in the water (so use Surf).

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2015
    And in my week-long shiny hunt, started on sunday, I've found my third shiny. Shiny Swanna from Friend Safari.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2014
    I'm actually working on completing a Shiny Kalos Dex and I have quite a few shinies:

Random encounter : Jigglypuff (now a Wigglytuff)
    Pokeradar: Trevenant
    Friend Safari: Charmeleon, Pancham, Nuzleaf (Now Shiftry), Inkay, Primeape, Pidgey (Pidgeot)
    Hordes: 2 Murkrow, Lickitung (Now Lickilicky)
    MM : Fennekin (Delphox), Froakie (Greninja), Chespin (Chesnaught), Fletchling, Eevee (Soon to be Sylveon), Mudkip, Klefki, Carbink, Skrelp (Dragalge), Petilil (Lilligant)
    Chain Fishing : Clauncher (Clawitzer), Relicanth

That makes 20 shinies from the Kalos Dex which leaves me with almost 45 more to go excluding legendaries.

Currently working on a Bunnelby (yes, yes, this is tedious and ironic)

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2015
    Day 4 of my week long shiny hunt. Fourth shiny found. Shiny Chansey.

Shinies found since Sunday: Dunsparce, Basculin, Swanna, Chansey.

Years
  • I finally found my second shiny!
    I was fishing for a Politoed (a normal one) and created a chain in the process which lead to a shiny Whiscash. It doesn't really look that different from a normal one though...

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
  • I catched my first shiny a few days ago, it's a shiny Togepi in one of my safaris.
    Just a few minutes ago I was looking for a Pumpkaboo via GTS and someone offered one and wanted a Electike for it, so I traded and now I have a shiny Gourgeist.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Got a shiny Tediursa through Friend Safari recently. Not the best IV spread, but she's alright.

Also got a shiny Ralts. I really didn't expect this one. All I wanted was to breed a perfect Gardevoir for hidden ability hunt.

Years
  • Today I got a shiny Gible through the Masuda Method and my first shiny ever through the Pokéradar method, which happened to be a Zoroark. Have to say, even if I've prior to this not liked Zoroark very much, I have to say that is is incredibly badass-looking. Even has a good nature to boot!

Mcf6Cg3.png

GOOD DAY YES.

Ars Arcanum

The North Remembers.
    Years
  • Two weeks ago, fter hatching 200+ Growlithes (that numbers tripled now), i got a shiny. Too bad it had atrocious IVs, or I would've used it. It was my very first shiny ever, besides Red Gyarados!

I also found a shiny Pancham and Minccino in the Friend Safari. It's so exciting!

Years
  • I was breeding Sheer Force Cranidos for a trade and on the third egg a shiny one hatched. Has four IVs on top of having it's hidden ability. Had me pretty excited. XD

Back