• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Shiny Pokémon are a fun part of any Pokémon game and Gen VI will be no exception to this - with the shinies being prettier and more colourful than ever we'll need to start showing them off and showcasing them to the world as we catch them. If you catch a shiny Pokémon during your Kalos adventures, or if you want to comment on someone else's lucky catch, here's the place to post it!

I'll start with mine; I got lucky in the first route and ran into this little cutie:

Spoiler:

It's a shame I hate Beedrill or I'd be using this right now, but I was thrilled to have found it haha. Let's hope this luck continues through the rest of the game!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Wow, grats! :D Nothing for me so far but I'll be sure to post here if I get anything. :)

Years
You know, I've seen a lot of images and videos of Shiny Pokemon from Gen VI already. Does anyone know if they've changed the ratio of finding them for this gen?

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
That's pretty crazy! First route lol! I've caught several Shinies in my life but I've never been that lucky! Lol surprised you even had pokeballs!

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
Damn, that's crazy. I've only caught one shiny in my Pokemon carrier (not counting Red Gyarados), and that was a Rattata in the sewers in White 2.

Years
I called my character on X "Silver Fox", and then check the leaks of shiny fennekin... and got creeped out. When I get my second version for my birthday I will be straight away hunting shiny Fennekin!!

I'll also be looking for another shiny Eevee for a shiny Sylveon.

But so far I have found nothing. CX

Years
OMG! I caught a shiny too. It's a Budew and I found it really early, I am so happy cause it is the first shiny I caught!!!!! I am in love with it and the game is amazing!!!!! :) :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 14, 2014
i found a shiny scraggy and caught it, it happened to be in a hoarde of scraggy i was like omg!!! no wayyy!!!!

Basculin

Dragonite Fan
Years
I have never ever EVER even seen a shiny in the wild! I've also been playing since Ruby....I mean I have shiny pokemon, but that was due to trading. ;) If I get one in X I will probably cry

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Spoiler:

I think it's my first shiny. Definitely my first outside of a hack.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 13, 2013
I caught a shiny Skiddo as soon as I reached route 5 around 1 hour of playthrough.

Years
You guys are lucky. My shiny hunt begins today. X3 The only Pokemon I've ever seen that was Shiny, that I accidentally fainted, was a Shiny Graveller in Heartgold at Victory Road.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I cant believe there are people that lucky xD
Ive never ever seen a shiny, if i get one this Gen ill poop my pants

Yeah. BW2 was the first time that I saw a wild shiny. I guess I'm just not as lucky as everyone. :P

Back