• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Last night I caught a Shiny Spearow from a friend safari I recently added. I was literally blown away! Although it had Keen Eye ability, I really don't mind that at all. This became my first LEGIT CAUGHT shiny Pokemon and I feel so proud of myself <33

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
So, I was playing Pokemon X, the first time in what a month now. (Too. Much. Spore.)
I go into a Friend Safari Zone and look around for some Pokemon.

In my friend safari I find rock types, onix and nosepass, then.... 'sandstone' Rhydon. FREAKING Rhydon. I used my Scyther against 'her' and captured.
I felt pretty good after that ordeal. :)

Controversy

Drink The Kool-Aid
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 7, 2015
I completed my National Dex yesterday and before that I had never encountered a shiny in my 10+ years and now I've found a Haunter, Corsola and a Corphish

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 19, 2014
I've been playing X for about a month and I already caught a Shiny Bunnelby, an Shiny Honedge and a Shiny Hawlucha. I couldn't really believe it cause I hadn't seen a Shiny in the wild since Leaf Green.

Years
I have caught a shiny Dwebble at the Friend Safari. Considering my bad history with shinies in previous gens (a Seaking fled at the Safari Zone, and my partner had a shiny Yanma in the battle frontier in Emerald, just in the first battle, in the others it was normal, leading me to think that the chances of a shiny there is the same as a wild shiny Pokémon...), is not bad...

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
I just started my Pokemon Y adventure after completing my Pokemon X game, and I was hunting for a Riolu in my team on Route 22, when suddenly I just ran into a Shiny Bidoof (xD)...

Ah well it's still a Shiny so I caught it anyway ;) (remember chances are 1/4096 which isn't that bad imo but still...). My first random encounter in the wild after only 2 hours playtime (and my first Shiny in Pokemon Y) :3

Ginji

Shiny Hunter
Years
Here are all the shinies I caught in Pokémon X & Y:

Pkmn Y
Spoiler:

Pkmn X (recent badge quest)
Spoiler:

Last edited:

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
Years
  • Age 33
  • ny
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
I'll only name Kalos caught/hatched/GTs shinies

Skarmory - got on Friend Safari right after I added someone with Steel
Pretty cool but ivs is in the wrong stats xD

Druddigon - Not even making this up. I wasn't paying attention when i was just training my pokemon while watching that 70's shows, but as a precaution i always tell myself "look at what your killing, it can be a shiny" Since X & Y Camera rotates, at first i couldn't see the driddigon because the camera was rotating around my pokemon, so instead of just spamming the move to kill the pokemon, i waited the 5 secs to see if it was shiny or not, and by god it was a shiny. lol.

Dunsparce - Actually my second shiny dunsparce from Friend Safari. It's cause I have eevee and Audino in the same safari, so i tried to get a HA Eevee one time, and it came up, and the next time was jsut training against audinos. Too bad both times dunsparce was the shiny :/

Clawitzier - Chain fighisng after like less than 20 chains tbh, but don't really care for chain fishing shinies, so i traded it away.

Shelmet - got it off GTS, forgot what i traded it for, i think it was lvl 1 Glaceon xD

Sneasel, something similar to above^

Geodude - Horde

Wingull - Horde

Illumse - Friend Safari from same person who gave away the shiny pumkaboos. so that's two shinies in less than ten mins xD

Magmortar - trade from gts, but it's hacked, and idgaf bout hacked pokemon.

and my pride and joy right now. My first ever MM shiny in any generation - Honedge. took 708 eggs.

Guess i don't have the worst luck with shinies. afterall, i have encountered shinies since pokemon crystal. Actually hatched a shiny Smoochum, and ran into shiny Kadabra, and weedlie in Crystal. Magikarp, chinchou, and mudkip in Sapphire.

UB3R_N00B

I am UB3R_N00B! Watch me fail!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
Was trying to find a shiny horsea and instead found a shiny clauncher :/ I am not complaining as this is my first shiny ever caught but really wanted a horsea :(

Back