• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Solar And Lunar Editions, Rm2k

It's official:the new CBS will be the "official" one. Should I personalize/improve it

• Yes, give it a custom flair

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • No, the standard is perfect

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters

Porcupine

Wanna Be *********
Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2004
    Quote:
    Well this isn't a MMORPG, just an unofficial fangame, so I don't see what's so bad about it. Enlighten me, Shining Arcanine.

Not to flame SA but that wasnt very nice. The game looks nice. Good job Dark Mage.
    Can you help me on my game DarkMage31? I need a battle sys i am a newb and wuld like help youll get a HUGE spot in da credits and ill put a link 2 ur site if ya have 1.
    Keep up the work.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • COKKA > It's not a totally different demo, just an upgraded version with more menue features. Alpha 2.0 if you will. And what file were you trying to open that it wouldn't let you?

Porcupine > My words can be interpreted in many ways. Even if you did note sarcasm in my post you quoted, I really am asking to know what would be illigal about it. I'm not marketing it under the pokemon liscense, so I'm not infringing on any copyrights or trademarks, not to mention this game being a "fangame." Maybe SA has some legal knowledge I do not.

Also, I'd be happy to help. But before I start helping you directly, I'm going to re-route you for a second because you need to come to terms with how much effort you want to put into this game you are making. So, follow the below steps:
    1) Visit www.gamingw.net and download the game Pokemon Galaxy
    2) Visit www.gamingw.net and download the game RM2Kemon
    3) Visit www.gaminggroundzero.com and download the game Kindred Saga
    1 2 and 3 are in the order of work you will put in. They are all excellent games that feature inovative battle systems, but levels 1 and 2 are both relying on the default system and adapting it to the pokemon style. Level 3 is 100% customized from scratch. This is what you would use if you want to replicate the official pkmn battle system.

Daniel-Son

Ooh.. Flashy
    Years
  • I was trying to open the Installer.exe, I hope I get to play it :(. This is the first time I saw a complete RM2k game on PC

P.S in my last post I was saying I was happy for another version of the demo, but who cares what I said, let's get back on topic :)

Last edited:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • COKKA said:
    I was trying to open the Installer.exe, I hope I get to play it :(. This is the first time I saw a complete RM2k game on PC

P.S in my last post I was saying I was happy for another version of the demo, but who cares what I said, let's get back on topic :)

First off, it's hardly complete. It's just a short (one town, one route) demo, and a first-version demo at that (Alpha), meaing it's pretty buggy (I've done my best to get rid of most of them though). @ least it's playable!

This weekend when I have time to release the new demo, I'll have it all in a zip, not an install. That way those with the same compatibility problems as you can still play it.

I'm looking forward to your feedback!

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
    Years
  • an unofficial fangame

That is the illegal part of it. Pokemon is a trademark of nintendo, you can not make a pokemon video game without the proper legal paperwork. If you continue I will have no choice but to report this to Nintendo's legal department to avoid being guilty of knowledge of illegal activities.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Umm SA, *points to ROM/Patches Forum and down at several other topics in Other Games* You're going to have to report a lot of members on PC, thus causing decreased popularity of PC, meaning that the staff will get mad at you because half of our active members left or lost all their money and can't afford internet anymore due to the legal system....

Last edited:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Yes, yes. I will discontinue, SA, but just keep in mind what you are doing to this thread is unjust. Dizzy and myself, among many others, are making such fangames, yet this thread gets threatened. Dizzy's thread's popularity is this thread multiplied by about ten. Additionally, PokeCommunity is actively supporting illegal business (i.e. Roms/Patches), so why start criticising and threatening now? Nothing in the gaming world is more illegal than Roms and Emulators, not to mention illegally patching them. And yet PC has a sticky thread for REQUESTING roms! Maybe it should be ME going to the officials wailing on PC for supporting the patching of illegal roms! When does it end, SA? When does it end?

Well, I'll tell you where my game ends. Right here and now. Hours of hard work and dedication all for naught. Feel proud of yourself, SA. You have truely done your job as "Super Mod" and have distinguished yourself as someone truely dedicated to PC.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Hey, Darkmage don't discontinue. All the freaks out
    there that laugh at you are merely jealous, or people
    that don't appreciate people's thoughts. And I've actually
    got a cousin that works at nintendo.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Yes, yes. I see what you are saying. But when it comes down to a genuine legal threat, there's no taking chances.

And this cousin of yours... would you ask him if it is legal to make a fangame so long as you give proper credit to the official developer (i.e. Nintendo)? Thanks, that may clear a few things up.

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Hey, Darkmage, my cousin says that it's alright, as long as it's
    not for purposes of money/profit. Anyway, even if Shining Arcanine,
    does say anything, he's only going to be killing himself, since if he
    does say anything he'll be charged for disrupting, a public commmunity
    and for being in a high rank here. (IM NOT SAYING THE MODS ARE BAD)

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Thanks for the support! I really appreciate it. And Daegon_Kimeron, although I can't 100% trust you about your cousin, I believe what you said was true and I'm going to revise everything to give proper credit to Nintendo and everything. And sorry, SA. I didn't mean it to come out that way.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I'm glad that I could be some help.
    I hope that it comes out well.
    I've attahced something about my error.

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Hey, I wonder if Darkmage has stopped or if he's
    busy? Please could someone answer my error thread?
    By the way, I can help with some of the programming,
    making maps e.t.c.

(Starts Editing)
    Sorry for double posting. I'll stop posting for a week as
    a punishment. Sorry for breaking one of the rules in this
    forum, and sorry if I offended anyone.

Last edited:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • That's messed up! What translation are you using? Don Miguel? What changes have you made prior to this error?

And yes, I'm going to continue unless I'm warned again by someone like SA.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • That means I forgot to include a file called "main." What did you do to want it to open? Would the game just... not start? Did it happen when triggering a battle animation? I'll look for that file, but it would help my search if I knew what kind of file I'm looking for. Is it an image? a sound?

Shining_Latios

Hacker for Team Magma
    Years
  • sorry i haven't got back to you... wait um let me... uh my name was porcupine... until my account got hung up. any i remember telling you about my game. at least i think it wa you . i got some nice screen shots. ill show ya soon and good job .
    ttyl

Back