• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Solar And Lunar Editions, Rm2k

It's official:the new CBS will be the "official" one. Should I personalize/improve it

• Yes, give it a custom flair

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • No, the standard is perfect

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Hello! I am just announcing the production of one of the best rm2k generated pokemon games! I am working with a friend on it, and with the exception of the battle system and a few personal touches, it will replicate the "Pokemon Style" very well. Here's some early screen shots!

Let me know what you think, I'm open to suggestions. My next challenge is on the menue, the Pokemon screen that displays your pokemon. If you have any ideas tell me.

Also, I am writing an in-depth tutorial for mimicking the traditional pkmn battle system and creating the "Pokemon style" in case you were interested. It won't be done for a while though, it's really complex!

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Sorry

Sorry for the double post, but I have more pictures I want to share. In the ones before, I have the CMS (custom menue system), the title screen, two pics from the intro, and other stuff. In this, I have the Custom Battle System (I purposefully made it different from the official type, although it is within my power) as well as other misc. stuff

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
???

What do you mean, "MINES!" Do you mean it looks like yours? I made that with my own flesh and blood, I didn't steal coding even from the most ambitious rm2k games like Kindred Saga. Do you mean the graphics? I think I found the chipset on this message board, yes. Is the chipset yours? If so, I'll give credit to you.

In any case, I just updated the OPTIONS menue in my CMS to change boarders. Now I have three options for System Sets: Classical (in screens) Modern (Ruby/Saphire) and RM2K style (liteblue in RTP)

And the day and night system is complete. I set it to change every five seconds for now so I can see the changes, but eventually it's going to be every ten or fifteen minutes. And what's great is I figured out how to make the screen stay the same tone when inside a building while keeping the timer running!

One more thing: Does anyone have any good ideas for Run probability in battle? I'm not sure what formula to use. It should involve some random probability, the opponents speed, and your active pkmn's speed, right? Right now I just have it set for a 3 in 25 chance you'll not make it, but that has no dependency on the two pkmn's speed. And no, I'm doing 1 on 1 fights, not 2 on 2

EDIT: Whoopse, I didn't see the "is" in "IS like MINES" but I'm still not clear on what you meant.

Last edited:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
I just updated the appearence rate methods! every five to ten steps there will be an encounter. Does that sound right to you?

Any ideas about RUN probability?

I also updated my day and night system so there is NO LAG!

All that's left is finishing some menue items and creating the actual game. The systems are almost complete!

MissingChu

aka d3ad connection
Years
DarkMage31 said:
I just updated the appearence rate methods! every five to ten steps there will be an encounter. Does that sound right to you?

Any ideas about RUN probability?

I also updated my day and night system so there is NO LAG!

All that's left is finishing some menue items and creating the actual game. The systems are almost complete!
Yes, it does, but make sure it's only in the grass.
And the RUN probability should be speed or level(i suggest speed)

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years

I am planning the release of a demo about next month, depending on how my friend and I progress. I'm doing all the coding and system stuff and he's making the actual game. When he sends me what he's done so far and I fix it up a little and impliment my CBS's and CMS's, I'll compile a demo available for download and test-play, exclusively to you guys at pokecommunity. Maybe I'll get some feedback.

Yes, appearences are only in the grass. Do you think there should be a sound effect for every step in the grass too? like a swish or something that sounds like wadding through deep grass?

Any RM2K gurus know how I can impliment speed into the run code? What formula should I use? I found a tutorial online, but I think it is more indepth than pokemon goes, so if you poke experts have any ideas that seem to be similar to the real pokemon, let me know.

MissingChu

aka d3ad connection
Years
DarkMage31 said:
I am planning the release of a demo about next month, depending on how my friend and I progress. I'm doing all the coding and system stuff and he's making the actual game. When he sends me what he's done so far and I fix it up a little and impliment my CBS's and CMS's, I'll compile a demo available for download and test-play, exclusively to you guys at pokecommunity. Maybe I'll get some feedback.

Yes, appearences are only in the grass. Do you think there should be a sound effect for every step in the grass too? like a swish or something that sounds like wadding through deep grass?

Any RM2K gurus know how I can impliment speed into the run code? What formula should I use? I found a tutorial online, but I think it is more indepth than pokemon goes, so if you poke experts have any ideas that seem to be similar to the real pokemon, let me know.
Cool. Yes you should put a se for walking in grass.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Thanks, but I found a good one. Thanks anyway. I'm working on the coding for a "draw" in battle. For example, Selfdestruct bringing down both pkmn. It's really tough, harder than it sounds!

usami

biohazard
Years
  • Age 33
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 5, 2021
Great game Darkmage and BTW if you need any chipsets lookat my topic I poseted some there and I personally dont think my game could ever compare.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Well, thank you Miroku! Where is your topic? I'll do a search for it, but it would be easier if you just posted a link.

Game update: I finished the sprites (male + female) for your characters reflection in water. The only problem is some minor lag in the movement of the reflection. I'm trying to come up with a better code as I type.

Until next time,
-DM31

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Sorry for the double post (hereafter referred to as DP, mods)

I just finished the hero's reflection in water. Here's a screen of it! The only problem is the reflection is a little slow; just a tad behind your character. It's a tolerable error though; I don't know how to fix it!

Also, check out this tutorial I found on Don Miguel's site for the Run probability. Does it sound like the chances in pokemon?

EDIT: I found your thread, and do you mind if I use some of those Chipsets?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2006
Hey! I'd like it! It looks great! And can i have a copy of the building chipsets, mine only came with one house. Credit is what you get!

Back