• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Post your unpopular Pokémon opinions

Years
  • Yep, that's me too. As i've mentioned several times, I see people saying "fuck generation v!!!" then we have another one saying it's their favorite, same with Generation IV and VI. I could respond to all those people but I feel like i'd be saying the same thing I already have twice.

I agree, because I'm always curious about which is the general fanbase's most hated generation although I have the gut feeling it's 5th Gen based on what I've seen people post here. 5th Gen has its likes as well, it's just that I don't as much of those compared to the dislikes.

Seriously, Pokemon fandom is so divided you can never get a concrete answer out of them.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2016
    -The manga is not darker than the anime.
    Refering to Adventures here. Of course it has deaths, so did the anime, but thwy come back to life right? (Think Marge in Adventures or Celebi in Anime) Curses and swears? That's only Gold's way of saying he likes you That's mostly in fan scanlations. "Dirty" jokes? Haha you got me that was a reference.

When people talk about the manga being dark, I think they are referring to the earlier chapters. In R/G/B Lavender Town is full of actual zombified and rotting Pokémon and Red is almost swallowed and killed by Victreebel. In Yellow, Koga's Arbok is cut in half multiple times and Green pretty much gets her arm chopped off (that shocked me too, I have to admit it). Those are the only "dark" instances I can really think of, though they are also the best-known and most publicized online.
    If you haven't read the manga yet but you read somewhere that this manga has zombies, you're (justifiably) going to think this is some real hardcore stuff.
    Of course it really isn't and after these few incidents in the first chapters everything else is very light (except for R/S/E, I'll open that can of worms some other time), but most people aren't that familiar with the manga so the misconception is going to live on.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • When people talk about the manga being dark, I think they are referring to the earlier chapters. In R/G/B Lavender Town is full of actual zombified and rotting Pokémon and Red is almost swallowed and killed by Victreebel. In Yellow, Koga's Arbok is cut in half multiple times and Green pretty much gets her arm chopped off (that shocked me too, I have to admit it). Those are the only "dark" instances I can really think of, though they are also the best-known and most publicized online.
    If you haven't read the manga yet but you read somewhere that this manga has zombies, you're (justifiably) going to think this is some real hardcore stuff.
    Of course it really isn't and after these few incidents in the first chapters everything else is very light (except for R/S/E, I'll open that can of worms some other time), but most people aren't that familiar with the manga so the misconception is going to live on.

Yeah, the earlier chapters do have really dark moments, but the endings of the arcs after RBG were probably the darkest in those resepctive arcs. And RS probably had the darkest moment with it's ending ya know.......

At most parts I prefer to think it's more realistic due to the possiblity of being eaten by wild Pokemon, 'zombie' Pokemon, etc, because I can see that working put in real life. Except GSC with that time travel thing going on, that got weird, but almost everything else is pretty believable.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2016
    Yeah, the earlier chapters do have really dark moments, but the endings of the arcs after RBG were probably the darkest in those resepctive arcs. And RS probably had the darkest moment with it's ending ya know.......

At most parts I prefer to think it's more realistic due to the possiblity of being eaten by wild Pokemon, 'zombie' Pokemon, etc, because I can see that working put in real life. Except GSC with that time travel thing going on, that got weird, but almost everything else is pretty believable.

True, the endings tend to be pretty heavy. But some of the stuff in-between is bad too. Let's not forget Archie in the Emerald arc.
    Actually, no, let me fix that. Let's NEVER forget Archie in the Emerald arc. Or Ghetsis at the end of B/W. Or Sird being her evil, unlikable self. Or Mask of Ice kidnapping children.
    Ironically enough, every villain is much darker in PokéSpe compared to the games (can't say anything about the anime as I have only watched the first 8 movies)... except for the very guy you'd expect to be the most unstable one of the bunch: Cyrus.

As for the "it's realistic" thing, I'm not so sure about it... are zombies really that realistic? Yellow surfing on lava isn't very believable either, hahah. Nor is Red surviving being frozen.
    In PokéSpe's defense, I have to say it got more and more believable as it went on. Maybe the earlier chapters are so strange when you go back and re-read them because by that point you're used to the newer ones.

Back to the topic at hand, I have another unpopular opinion: I like Mr. Mime. I can see how he creeps people out (to be honest, most anthropomorphic Pokémon are pretty creepy), but when you really look at him he's kind of adorable in a weird and twisted way. I don't really feel the same towards Mime Jr. though; he's cute in a more typical way and doesn't have the same charm as Mr. Mime.
    Unfortunately, he can't really handle being hit with a priority move so... yeah. You're still my bro, Mr. Mime, but I ain't using you.

Tek

Years
  • I like Trubbish and Vanillite. Furthermore, I don't think they represent a decline in GF's creativity.

I mean, look at Geodude, Magnemite, and Voltorb. Also, it just occurred to me that making imaginary beings from inanimate objects could be considered more creative than making imaginary beings that resemble actual living beings.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • True, the endings tend to be pretty heavy. But some of the stuff in-between is bad too. Let's not forget Archie in the Emerald arc.
    Actually, no, let me fix that. Let's NEVER forget Archie in the Emerald arc. Or Ghetsis at the end of B/W. Or Sird being her evil, unlikable self. Or Mask of Ice kidnapping children.
    Ironically enough, every villain is much darker in PokéSpe compared to the games (can't say anything about the anime as I have only watched the first 8 movies)... except for the very guy you'd expect to be the most unstable one of the bunch: Cyrus.

As for the "it's realistic" thing, I'm not so sure about it... are zombies really that realistic? Yellow surfing on lava isn't very believable either, hahah. Nor is Red surviving being frozen.
    In PokéSpe's defense, I have to say it got more and more believable as it went on. Maybe the earlier chapters are so strange when you go back and re-read them because by that point you're used to the newer ones.

I wasn't sure if it's be ok to bring up Archie as a spoiler or not, so I didn't mention him but oh gosh. Ghetsis was pretty bad too, and I hate Sird with a passion tbh, but Masked Man wins as the worst character I have ever met. I hate people who hurt/abuse children, and he crossed my line loooooooooong ago. I don't care that he's a manga character, I hate him.....
    I actually do like what they did with Cyrus though. I like the picture of him holding Shaymin and Shaymin just jumps up and he's like 'oh ok where ya going?' XD

I meant realistic in a fantasy world sort of way. Just the fact that Pokemon don't exist in the real world other than as pixels and such proves that it's unrealistic to that point. I mean, it's a new world that has different rules from ours, ut has Pokemon that can control Land and Sea, Time and Space, Life and Death even now, why wouldn't zombies be totally possible? Even though if you think about it weren't they just dead bodies controlled by a Gastly or something like that? Honestly I can't remember Yellow surfing on lava and that makes me sad. It was in the end of the Yellow arc right? I have to read it again. X.X And yeah the newer chapters can be a bit more realistic.

here's some new ones so that I don't seem to be spamming with just this conversation. ^~^U

I don't mind that Leaf wasn't in HGSS
    But it woulda been better if she was.

I'd prefer to call Leaf 'Green'
    But most of the fandom knows her as Leaf anyhow.

I believe Lyra is still Kris
    After all, most protagonists get their hair dyed brown anyhow... Red, Brendon, we shouls be glad Ethan's hair didn't change color! As for outfits, it was a preety giang leap but look at Leaf's beta outfit and then her new one. Even Blue had a pretty diffferent outfit. OrAs did pretty well in that too.

Guest123123

Speaking of outfits, a lot of people don't seem to like Sabrina's HGSS outfit, but I don't mind it. I prefer her FRLG look because of hairstyle, but I like both the original and new outfits.

Colorado290

Lazy Grump
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2015
    1. I feel as if Black and White and X and Y were supposed to be the same generation. Discounting Megas, Gen 6 only introduced so many new Pokemon, fewer than 100, really, and while the stories in Black and White and to some extent BW2 were amazing, X and Y kind of falls somewhat short, imo anyway (I still love the X and Y story though).I feel as if they had an idea similar to X and Y for Black and White, but they had to get a game out soon, and thus had to put it out sooner (isn't there some rumor saying that X and Y's production predated BW's, somewhere?)
    2. Generation 1 had some great Pokemon but it certainly wasn't the best.
    3. Gen 4 had some amazing Pokemon, it's just the region design I didn't care much for.
    4. I hate competitive gaming and the idea of natures and IV/EV training. Just... Catch a Pokemon and battle with it. For Pete's sake, I don't get people who spend hours on end hunting for the same Pokemon but want it to be Timid for the attack boost. JUST USE THE POKEMON YOU CAUGHT. It's seriously just fine the way it is!
    5. I wish there was more story in Pokemon games. I especially want more stories on the tier that Black and White had, which made me question if what I was doing was right; heck even the ending was so much better than the other games.
    6. Pokemon needs DLC. Delta Episode was an amazing addition to ORAS, and I wish that they did more episodes.
    7. Many people claim that Pokemon's going too over the top... I claim that we're not going over the top enough! I want another Pokemon battle in space, I want to travel back in time to fight the world's first trainer, I want my experience to be larger than life when I play the games (probably another reason why I like ORAS and Black and White).
    8. Bring back jerky rivals 2k15. Or at least make then like Hugh in personality, but give them the same battling ferocity that Blue had in the first games.
    9. I don't care what people say, I refuse to believe that the age for Pokemon journeying is 10. I know it says it in the anime and what not, but when they said Black and White protagonists would be older than previous generations, it instantly made me believe they were in the 16-19 range.
    10. Pokemon fusions would be awesome. Imagine the new depth of gameplay that would bring!
    11. Mega evolutions are awesome, but Charizard shouldn't have gotten 2.
    12. Charizard X... why
    13. They really should stop making so many legendaries. If anything, make them regular Pokemon with evolutionary stages, or leave them for later generations. The whole Darkrai./Creselia thing would have made for an excellent plot device, imo.
    14. Less remakes, more sequels. I'm tired of playing through the same game, give me a sequel like Black and White 2 and I will be satisfied.
    15. People wanting a more mature Pokemon game are somewhat right, but I don't get why we need "cursing" and really edgy stuff to be more mature. I say we just need to expand on some of the already darker aspects of the Pokemon lore and we'd be set (I would especially like to learn more of the darker sides of Sinnoh mythos)
    16. Game Freak isn't running out of Pokemon ideas, you're just too nostalgia blinded by 6 eggs and sentient balls to see that they're literally doing the same thing they've always been doing.
    17. GF needs to start taking fan made Pokemon entries for future generations. Some of them are just way too cool~
    18. Latios and Latias may be legendary, but given the way you obtain them in ORAS, I'd consider them along the same lines of rarity as Lucario.
    19. MORE EEVEELUTIONS
    20. Dating sims plz. I wanna pull a Fire Emblem Awakening and be able to marry my waifus. (We almost had that in X and Y (lookin at you Shauna) and practically everyone and their grandmother in ORAS was flirting with you).
    21. I DON'T WANT TO WEAR THE HATS. CAN WE PLEASE HAVE ONE GENERATION WHERE WE AREN'T FORCED TO WEAR HATS >:0
    22. As far as the anime goes, get the writers for Origins on the team and ditch Ash, let our protagonist be an awesome trainer that can actually win a league like we have.
    23. I don't really want a "pokemon MMO" so to speak, rather I'd be happy if GF pulled a Colosseum and made an NPC or two that followed you around everywhere, that way you don't go through the journey alone~
    24. Only some Pokemon should be able to follow you. I liked that in HGSS but I don't want my pokemon following me all the time, and I don't want my Steelix following me, I'd rather it be my Arcanine or my Mudkip.
    25. I want another Battle Revolution or Colosseum game. Stadium was mediocre.
    26. Iris was the best champion. Her theme was the best, and unlike the other champions that felt too stressful, Iris's battle felt genuinely fun and exciting~

That's about all I've got for now.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I honestly think Triple battles and Rotation battles are generally a waste, however interesting they may be initially.

If you add to that Inverse Battles, then you have my opinion on most battle formats. I'm fine with single/doubles, but I honestly cannot handle triple/rotation battles. They were a turn-off of mine during my White playthrough, and one of the reasons I didn't replay it.

Inverse battles, on the other hand...ugh. I hate them. Having to learn a whole new type chart due to the effects imposed in them was quite irritating. Hopefully nothing of the sort happens again. ~.~

Nidorina of Time Lord

Waiting for the Sun to come...
    Years
  • I may have mentioned this before but I HATE ASH's PIKACHU!. It's not cute, funny, entertaining or endearing that the stupid little brat won't go in its darn Pokéball!! This has made me hate Pikachu since episode 1, and I always will hate the ugly thing. If he wasn't out so much, he would be kidnapped less.

Also, I don't hate any generation (well Unova kinda sucks) and it's stupid to say there should have only been the original 150 Pokémon. The series wouldn't be able to go on and would die off if they didn't keep adding. Is that really what you want?! I'm ready for Gen 7!

Ash is an annoying, stupid little brat who can't win anything BUT I don't want him replaced! He's been around too long for that to change.

Shipping in general is stupid, but it's especially stupid to ship the main characters in Pokémon when most of them are only ten! Most ten year olds that I know of aren't interested in romance, dating, whatever.

Years
  • Ash is an annoying, stupid little brat who can't win anything BUT I don't want him replaced! He's been around too long for that to change.

Shipping in general is stupid, but it's especially stupid to ship the main characters in Pokémon when most of them are only ten! Most ten year olds that I know of aren't interested in romance, dating, whatever.

I can't stand ash, either ...or most of the protagonist characters, to be honest. I think that they have been around for way too long. I mean, Ash should be 30 by now. They need a new Gen of trainers for the series. A fresh start... and yeah, Pikachu is an overly glorified rat.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    If it wasn't for the updated game mechanics and the Delta Episode (+nostalgia), ORAS wouldn't have been superior to X and Y. The latter just used the engine they were made in a lot better than the former.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Ehhh. I'm not going to argue too much on this, but I will admit that nostalgia is the primary reason why I had a lot of fun with ORAS, despite its faults. IMO, X/Y took a hard hit for me because its story just...wasn't all that interesting. It took a very touching turn back when Az finally made his appearance, but you never knew about his backstory or anything until roughly halfway (or slightly past that point, actually) through the game or so? I mean, for me, it was pretty much hard to care or get attached to anything that was going on, y'know?

X/Y are great games, but I guess I'm just being nitpicky about my qualms with them. I mean, Team Flare was just an ok team at most and really cheesy and not really super super evil sans the plan to probably wipe out all the Pokemon on the planet with a giant cannon or something.
    For me it actually comes down to the details. There were a bunch of small, but cool things, that X and Y had, but ORAS was missing. For starters there's the Kalos symbol that every Pokemon got that was obtained in Kalos. In ORAS it's just the same ugly Poke Ball symbol you get when transfering past gen mons to gen 6. Kalos also had those trainers that were able to spot you while looking into a mirror. Or the camera movement during cutscenes which seems to be a lot more fluid in X and Y than it was in ORAS.

Years
  • Oh wow, we have some Generation V fans new in here. See what I mean?

But i'm glad we at least have a couple more people here who still care for XY even today, like me.

Back