• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Cornered On The Market! [T](OOC)

Would you like a Pokemon Sun and Moon starter as a guest customer?

• Total voters

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    QmRzDwd.png

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
    Years
  • This Kirlia might be able to fit in at the Academy of Fine Arts if they join the ballet troupe. I'm telling you, precocious and cutthroat~

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    I am seriously considering your offer, which is why I am playing around with a few characters for State Your Business. (Ryuzaki and Jasper seem quite cute together and dang, did not think pyroars were as vicious as real life lions) Though I imagine there will be a few restrictions given my Kirlia won't be participating as an official cast member, I can see myself having a few liberties with this idea. Still, to avoid infringing on any the RP's rules, I'll probably provide a brief application for my character via a PM for your approval. As long as that's fine with you, of course.

If everyone here is okay with my slightly disturbed Kirlia showing up as a pansexual Yandere who is so delusional that she genuinely believes everyone is her soul mate, I am willing to make that extra effort.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • If everyone here is okay with my slightly disturbed Kirlia showing up as a pansexual Yandere who is so delusional that she genuinely believes everyone is her soul mate, I am willing to make that extra effort.

Shia-LaBeouf-Just-Do-It.jpg

but tbh I really want you play with us your kirlia would be amazing to interact with​

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    what's wrong with the Shia on the right?

We should usurp the tyrant Jauntier and make Ech rightful leader of Cornered​

Jauntier

Years
  • Orx, Elwood, you two are festering sores with your comments, rofl.

I actually really like the idea of Granbull bibs. I wonder what I should call them. Granbibs? Grandannas? Grannies?

I am seriously considering your offer, which is why I am playing around with a few characters for State Your Business. (Ryuzaki and Jasper seem quite cute together and dang, did not think pyroars were as vicious as real life lions) Though I imagine there will be a few restrictions given my Kirlia won't be participating as an official cast member, I can see myself having a few liberties with this idea. Still, to avoid infringing on any the RP's rules, I'll probably provide a brief application for my character via a PM for your approval. As long as that's fine with you, of course.

Absolutely. I can work something out with you in private. You'll be privy to The Academy and how they work, so and so, blah blah.

Reactions: Ech

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    Absolutely. I can work something out with you in private. You'll be privy to The Academy and how they work, so and so, blah blah.

Well, once you find the appropriate time, I suppose you could let me know when to message you the details. Or do I start now and give you something in advance?

But I probably have to do a couple of overhauls for the Kirlia's general behavior so they don't, you know, seem too outlandish among the crowd and immediately get man-handled by Goro. Unless being absolutely depraved is actually part of this ballet troupe's shtick. Being precocious is one thing, being cutthroat is another. But this Kirlia would shamelessly copulate with a dead snail if she felt there was even a slight chance to experience intimacy. With that said, I will not write anything explicit or lewd, given the rating of this RP and the fact that I don't want to destroy my own sanity in the process.

She is essentially an exaggerated caricature of myself as a person, who really REALLY just wants friends to like her for the way she is.

Speaking of which, I actually don't have a proper name for this ludicrous Kirlia because I couldn't think of anything funny besides Ananas Comosus, in honor of the legendary non-sequitur Kiyo used to marvelously bamboozle BadMagicLucas over skype.

Jauntier

Years

• How fucking dare you speak ill of BadMagicLucas. You have bought yourself the highest stair in ill-standing.

Also yeah, just message me right now. It's best to get all of this sorted out first and foremost, my friend.

Xtrashy

Shy - Like really shy, super shy, like, extra shy.
    Years
  • So I'm curious. And I'm not sure if this is something people normally ask or not but, how long does it normally take you guys to make a post? Like, I don't mean how long it takes you to post in que, but how long you have to think about it and type it up.

Jauntier

Years
  • So I'm curious. And I'm not sure if this is something people normally ask or not but, how long does it normally take you guys to make a post?

It takes me about an hour if it's a post like one on Cornered. I'm not sure how it is with other people, but I really have to sit down and muster the drive to push through a post. It isn't that I don't want to do it, because I totally do, and when I have a good idea, I really want to get it out and show it off. It's just somehow I feel like my body and mental state reject the idea of sitting down in one spot for so long, just to string the right words together. Even now as I'm writing for a few other things, I can feel that underlying desire to reject what I'm doing in favor of either sleeping or a more active, uh, activity.

Maybe it's because I'm always doing this in my room, lying down on my bed, instead of sitting upright in a chair in a room I subconsciously associate with productivity, like the kitchen.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • So I'm curious. And I'm not sure if this is something people normally ask or not but, how long does it normally take you guys to make a post? Like, I don't mean how long it takes you to post in que, but how long you have to think about it and type it up.

It actually takes me a pretty long time; but that's mainly because I have to go through several steps in the revision and CSS process. My posts are usually improvized, using Cicaro's personality as a rule of thumb. Stuff like the JP with Gabe and the one with Sam & Amaryllis took me a couple of days.​

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    how long does it normally take you guys to make a post?

A few minutes for me, to be honest. All those post you saw on the IC? Those took about, meh, twenty minutes top. I don't know how I do it, to be frank, but once I get a personality for a character going I am able to always bring it up no matter what. Some of my old characters I can do this for too. I just can remember how they are supposed to act and bam, I write it out. There is also the added factor that I am a show off. I want to show anyone my work and be proud of it, so that helps fuel my writing groove.

The only things against me are that I am searching for a job, and that I need to get an idea for the post in question. It may take me a day or two of thinking before I get down and write, but once I have an idea I just find myself typing for a few minutes, being done and just spending a few seconds looking over typos and such. I've just been rping for so long that getting into character is natural for me now. I only don't write whenever I feel bored with an rp, say, if I did a post and my post is the last one in the IC and NO ONE has written in it for the past month or so then I end up losing my muse for it. I need fellow rpers to not only drive up my interest in the rp itself, but also to continuously post so that I can flow along with that enthusiasm.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Our boy Greiger be like
    ezgif-resize-52.gif

I don't mean to brag but

I'm personally pretty much like Jaunt. Gotta sit down and focus, and it still takes me a while.

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    So I'm curious. And I'm not sure if this is something people normally ask or not but, how long does it normally take you guys to make a post? Like, I don't mean how long it takes you to post in que, but how long you have to think about it and type it up.

Sometimes I take over an hour on even a inane mukpost, because I tend to be rather meticulous on how I convey my own thoughts and my humor. I dread that I might slip up and inadvertently offend someone, or my posts come off as a little too cringe-worthy.

This process is most likely magnified by tenfold should I actually write for an IC. Though from my personal experience, thinking about what to write isn't too much of a hassle since you're usually thinking about many things on a daily basis. That part is easy and comes almost natural for any writer. It's when you have to somehow string all of your ideas into a coherent structure that becomes a challenge. It's like drawing, I guess; you can have all these amazing ideas in your head but it's not like you can just magically project them onto that blank canvas. It's relatively easy to plan out a foundation, it's much harder to build the actual house.

Orx of Twinleaf

Branch into Psyche
    Years

Well, allow me to be the first to answer you.

In my case I keep an eye on the IC for the store I'm in and make notes of any events that affect the room and whether I need to react to them, and then give it some minor thought starting about the day before I actually sit down to write it. Once I've decided to do so, I sit down and write it into the post box straight and then preview the post to proofread it.

So all in all, generally one day, if you count forethought.

Jauntier

Years
  • Damn.

Okay Xtrashy, you're like my posts fly out of my bum, pat pat. Concerning Cornered though, that's understandable. Your character is all about brevity so your posts reflect on that as well.

I got it rough! I have everything to worry about. Speaking of, I'll get a post up today. Get you people all prettied up.

Xtrashy

Shy - Like really shy, super shy, like, extra shy.
    Years
  • Damn.
    Okay Xtrashy, you're like my posts fly out of my bum, pat pat. Concerning Cornered though, that's understandable. Your character is all about brevity so your posts reflect on that as well.

Eh, I do a lot of IM role playing, where I'm pretty much doing the same length posts but constantly over the span of three hours.

Jauntier

Years
  • My IM role-playing has now devolved into concepts and scenarios that I'll never mention in polite company.

To everyone, as I was pretty sick yesterday, writing was a drag, but something will be up today. Elwood decided to describe parts of Amaryllis' Manager's Office, which is a no-no. I know he'll change it once I put up the authentic thing. How dare he call that room bland.

In regards to something else, I remember with State Your Business, Manami the Milotic mentioned a Swanna named Irene. Originally I used that name because it means "peace" but Irene herself is quick to ire, but I'm also thinking about renaming her to be Odette, the "good swan" princess of the famous Swan Lake ballet. This is a trivial thing, but what do you guys think?

Back