• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Cornered On The Market! [T](OOC)

Would you like a Pokemon Sun and Moon starter as a guest customer?

• Total voters

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
    Years
    State Your Business! #2

Cornered On The Market! [T](OOC)

MANAMI: "Hai... Ah, yes to you bo'? You asku good q'estion-ne? I am owner of Precious Paradise, day spa, where saying is 'Everyone can be beautifu' wi' proper treatment!' My dream. Yes, I was once Feebas in smar', dirty pond. Riving was tough for year and year after, then I fer' out of pond and into river, and was drifting. I find beautifu' t'ing one day in many weedsu, and I evorve! It is ar' I remember, not being so smart as I am today. I do not remember even where I was born or where pond is? But in my new body I grow to be curious. I find other town by accident but bad boys look at me as if I am toy or snack to eat after dinner? All asking me to stay and swim wi' t'em and t'ey touchu me and asku for... kissu? Not good! Bad relationship! I go, and now I here to Jubiree. I fee' safer and app'reciated, so much I make spa where beauty is safe and app'reciated too. So sorry for bad rangruage; I am stir' 'earning."
    ----
    State Your Business! #2

JASPER: "Meat? We have a fish market that stops by here every other week. It's how Joban gets all that tasty tuna and yellowtail for his sushi place. I have to go out of town though if I'm feeling up for something like those small birds that don't really... have abilities, I guess, like they just kind of fly around and peck at sticks and straw and eat these... pink squirmy things in the dirt--I forget what those things are called. But basically a food chain among citizens is definitely not a thing here in Jubilee, as far as I'm concerned. It's not like some of us go around town and chomp down on whoever we cross on the sidewalk. I'm not willing to go out of my way and walk into that fancy mens wearhouse thing Wesley's got going on to take a bite out of his stringy flank. Number one, we're a little more civilized than that here, and number two, that's a surefire way to end up with a snapped neck under a cop's foot. But hey, I'm not complaining about that. I heard there's a town six days east of us where if you're 'proven guilty' of a crime, they throw you out to the mercy a lumbering colossus in a dark forest. The worst you have to deal with over here is the Tyranitar. Unlike that giant panda, he's got a sense of humor, but is also wicked powerful and the guy who gets called on when everything else can't compare. But I got myself in a tangent. The only Pokemon who would have a prejudice against my shop Alleywear are the ones who don't get underground yet affordable alternative fashion.

Jauntier

Years
    New GM post up, folks. Getting set up for dress up!

I also want to remind anyone who is taking out the trash at Forget-Me-Not that on the wall besides the trash cans in the side-alley is Errol's vomit. So that has to be cleaned up, ASAP.

I'm not joking.

Ihsaan

shinigami of the alfheim
    Years
    So Samuel has been ignored completely again. Not only has his first ever achievement as an employee at FMN been completely waved off, but a prized childhood friend who had instilled him with anti-bug propaganda has accepted the fact that bugs are just ugly normal types. I wonder, oh I wonder, what will my little play toy do?

Also, I'm definitely posting for State your business soon, I need to know what Samuel is going to ask Manami first.

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    Cissi the Chansey
    Manami the Milotic

... I'm so hopeless, I can't even ask a question...

... um... oh..

... ... ...

... h-hi... I'm...

.... ah...

... I... uh.... want... I wanted to ask you...

... I mean, if it's okay with you... you see, I... I'm not very...

... ... ...

... umm.... no, no... I'm so sorry... I'm so terribly sorry...

I... I just can't do this...!!

*The Wild Chansey Fled*

----
    Ryuzaki the Futachimaru
    Jasper the Kaenjishi

Don't be alarmed by my scar, I got it from this strange human device known as the Cello. A word of caution: their strings are lethal.

Salutations, Jasper-san.

Hmm, your name is quaint. I was led to believe Jasper was a masculine name in these regions. Ah, pardon my rudeness, I did not mean to imply you were a man. If anything, I would probably express empathy; despite the fact that I am female, my family decided to name me after my father and his father before him after they mistook me as a son. After all, my species are often born male than female.

Anyways, I noticed you are a Kaenjishi, or Pyroar as they call your species in these parts? It seems the world of Pocket Monsters is slowly gentrifying and we are all abandoning our wild habitats as feral beasts. But even so, my family and I seem to be unable to let go of our natural instincts as proud warriors. But it seems combat in general is heavily frowned upon and such an art is reduced to a dull sport. I understand that to be civil means to show restraints. But even though I was born in this age, it seems my genes long for the exhilaration of battle.

From all the stories I was told by my father, your species were renowned as ferocious hunters back in the old days. You hunted efficiently in packs and fought relentlessly. Or, so I was told anyway. I wonder, do you ever miss that sort of excitement? I am not asking if you enjoy senseless murder, but rather if you long for that heart-pounding rush you can only get from a battle with a formidable opponent.

And also, on an entirely unrelated subject, are you able to make my appearance look... cuter by any chance? Though I appreciate those that compliment my strength, I do not want every Pocket Monster to depict me as some burly brigand. I mean, it would not bother me in the slightest if I could attract more boys.

[REDACTED] the Kirlia
    Manami the Milotic

Yay, daddy bailed me because he still loves me!! Also, I became friends with the Security Guard! TODAY IS AMAZING!!

OH WOWIE.

YOU MADE THAT CHANSEY RUN AWAY AND CRY AS HARD AS A MOTHERLESS CUBONE.

YOU MUST BE SUPER TERRIFYING, MS. MAMAMIA!

But I still want to be friends with you, because I love everyone equally and do not discriminate against heartless monsters -- especially ones that are as sexy as you. And also I am very, very desperate. Ah, I must not act as brazen like before, because my Daddy can't afford to bail me out a second time. But I wouldn't mind seeing Mr. Goro again! He's so hunky.

I see you are not fluent with our language! May I ask, what is your native language? Ah, wait! I think I know! Please, allow me to sing the song of your people!

そこにこんにちは、私はあなたの母国語であなたに話しています。今日は、私はチーズバ­ーガー、側おそらくフライドポテトを食べに行きます。私はないよりも倍は、私は既に1­を持っているので、ソフトドリンクを注文することが好きではありません。それはナプキ­ンを介してグリース漏れ私は動揺になります。牛チョップは、ファーストフード店を購入­します~

I have no idea what I just said. Do you know what I just said? Well, regardless, I hope my serenade made you happy enough that you are willing to get me into Forget-Me-Not as a legit employee. I am willing to go as far as to cleaning up fish vomit if I can work there. BECAUSE I BELONG THERE EVEN IF THERE ARE NO OPENINGS, THE INVISIBLE VOICES TOLD ME SO. I AM POPULAR WITH THEM AND THEY EGG ME ON TO JOIN THEIR CAUSE AND I AM CERTAINLY NOT CRAZY, HA HA HA HA!!

I would appreciate if you do not call security. As much as I enjoy being restrained by a giant panda, I do not want to be disowned yet.

I LOVE YOU.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    "Truly, I understand, Miss Manami. Learning to adapt to another language... it is very hard. I had to read many books and listen and talk to and with many different Pokemon to learn, and learning is something I am still doing! What or who helped you, Miss Manami, to learn?

Your spa also sounds much interesting! What are the things you may do at your spa, Miss Manami?

Ryuzaki the Deweeb reminds me of one of my draft character ideas: a Frogadier trained in ninjistsu with an unhealthy "loyalty" towards Castiel due to him perceiving himself to be his personal assassin.

also, FUCK, not Rina's points, Amaryllis you monster

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    Well, it seems like Amaryllis cut through my plan of trashing Rina with words. I guess I'll actually work in my next post instead of yelling at Rina.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Well, it seems like Amaryllis cut through my plan of trashing Rina with words. I guess I'll actually work in my next post instead of yelling at Rina.
    Precisely. Shimmy on along.

Orx of Twinleaf

Branch into Psyche
    Years
    Oh for Raikou's raincloud Minami is a waifu

I was kidding when i said I was looking for waifus.

Also: Jasper's post confirms a remarkable leap of world-building assumption that I was contemplating making but that would be way out of line for a non-GM. So we are accepting the existence of lesser non-Pokemon animals? I mean, like besides like bugs and coral, but also several small fishes and birds?

Das good. Das how I always see Pokeworld. Das is very good.

Ja.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Small black specks are ants confirmed.

Pokemon and animals... What about Pokemon and inanimate objects?

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    To Manami the Milotic

#1 "If you were to pick any resident in Jubilee, who you would say is your best friend or most valued customer, and why?"

#2 "As I'm sure you're well aware, Pokemon come in many different forms and shapes and whatnot, and you can't tend them all the same way. How do you pamper ... say, an invertebrate? Like, someone without a spine or bones, or a fish? How do you serve the needs of huge Pokemon, like if a Rhyperior came through your door? Do all these different methods make it more expensive for some Pokemon as compared to others?"

#3 "Now that I've got a steady paycheck going, I'm realizing that there are so many restaurants I haven't tried yet. Got any favorite foods or places you like to eat?"
    -----
    To Jasper the Pyroar

#1 "Good morning, lady. It's your favorite customer. What kind of stock you got in for the Summer Festival? I'm trying to update my look a bit; so, got anything to make me look good but like the trash that I am? You know the drill."

#2 "What's your take on this whole 'Tweed Humanoid' trend that's been gaining speed over the past year? You know; how everyone is taking old, scratchy tweed clothes they find amongst the stuff humans left behind and not altering it in the slightest to their body? What are some other current mainstream or indie trends you passionately like or dislike?"

#3 "What personality would your ideal employee have?"

Also, Orx, can I just say how much I love reading Draug? He takes on such a nice, personal voice and the way you characterize him and his memories makes me so curious to learn about him.​

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    New avatar get

You're the undisputed best, Ech <3

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    New avatar get

You're the undisputed best, Ech <3

Wait a second, I wasn't expecting you to use that. I should have spent more time on it! My penmanship! My horrendous writing!

Also

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    THE TRUTH, IT IS REVEALED

THE TRUTHFUL FORM OF ME, RINA

Reactions: Ech

Orx of Twinleaf

Branch into Psyche
    Years
    Also, Orx, can I just say how much I love reading Draug? He takes on such a nice, personal voice and the way you characterize him and his memories makes me so curious to learn about him.​

Thank you! I must say I've always very much liked Cicaro as well: his turn of phrase just seems so genuine. Well, genuinely duplicitous, I mean.

Also I spent all day at work worrying about a major typo in my post that I only just fixed. I suppose I shouldn't have beat myself up about it so much because it evidently isn't common knowledge here that Exeggcutes have six bodies and not five. To be honest, if any of you had called me on it, I was just going to say Evans was missing a body and that a five-bodied Exeggcute is the equivalent of a one-armed human.

Oh, and
    DID YOU HEAR THAT JAUNT?! Dey thirsty for dem Druag supplements.
    That still need greenlit.
    Brah.

Jauntier

Years
    State Your Business! #2

MANAMI: "Ahh... O K? To Pasty Red-Eye Kir'ia: Prease do not take it wrong way... but I do not wishu to ta'k to you at t'is time. Misteru Goro has asked now to return for you? I am not sorry."

MANAMI: "Oh! Rearning what to say in differentu rangruage is not easy! When I was in bad town, the Pokemon ta'k srow to me an I pick up on some word and ot'er. I not remember many t'ing when I Feebas, but one mont' after I evorve I go back to see smar' dirty pond I rive in befo' an try to say hai in way t'ey say? So I frop aroun'. ... Oh! Now I take time and t'inku about it... T'is is my first rea' rangurage? Feebas ta'k wi' body, and word ar' shortu, rike ら or ぎ. But t'ey not reary word...? Jus' sound! But our sound use different sound to dis rangruage. Hum... Not sure... ま... But! Now I rearn in Jubiree from everybody! Is so easy! Everyone ta'k to me!"

MANAMI: "At my spa Precious Paradise a'so? I haf many costumersu, I and my assis'tentsu make beautifu' and fee' beautifu' too! My spa make deep massage, hot stone massage, massage for bad back, muddy face masks, body wraps, and mo'! My speciarty is private water massage in a specia' poo', wi' me! But it is bigges' price! Warning! But because I haf assis'tentsu, t'ey haf t'eir own speciarties too, so Precious Paradise can treat many kind of Pokemon. If I get customer wi' no bone, t'ey know t'ey not haf bone, so t'ey not asku fo' posture massage. I haf sensibru customersu or from me no service. Maybe body wrap? Maybe exforiate? Many services for many Pokemon. Ahh... And arr pricing is to service, not t'e Pokemon, big or smarr. Precious Paradise fair."

MANAMI: "Hum... But best friend and varuabru costumer not t'e same fo' me. I do not haf one best friend: Irene t'e Swanna is head of community watch board and swims wi' me after work and ta'k wi' me, Ner- N- Nel-lie t'e Reavanny makesu me pretty t'ings from t'e seaweed in my new home pond, and Mariyu t'e F'orges when she not doing Forget-Me come in fo' spa an take me fo' runch! Mariyu and Nerrie are friend too but Mariyu not enjoy Irene...? Ahh... And my most vaurabru costumer is no one but mayor! Mayor is Water-type and often come to get bumpy hard feet scrub down. But he not pay tip..."

MANAMI: "Oh! Ar' my friend take me ar' over fo' runch, but best p'ace is Miso Happy Sushi Bar! Joban make amaz'ring seaweed sarad...? So good!"

MANAMI: "I not ever see Q'ilfishu in Precious Paradise...? But if t'is Q'ilfishu not enjoy my spa, she will not haf to come...? In fact, she ban."
    ----
    State Your Business! #2

JASPER: "Yeah, a lot of people hear my name and think I'm supposed to be a guy. I don't really get it since I'm named after a rock, but it's whatever. Maybe my mother was a gender role rebel, haha!"

JASPER: "Oh man. Don't get me started. I love to run. I think the best part about Jubilee as that it's in the middle of a wide open plain, and I actually live in the apartments on the edge of town, so I just slip out and make a mad dash toward the horizon. It feels so good to run and be free. I really miss that, but I guess when you and your mother are exiled from the pride for challenging the deeply-rooted and disgusting practice of these unfaithful adult males, attacking young Litleos to ensure the adult females biologically revert back into fertility in order to replace their lost, well... the open fields are all you have left of the pride life. I guess what really shocked me about our dissent was that my aunts all condemned us for it. No, life's not about surviving in the wild anymore. That's not how we 'make it on our own' these days. Oh Arceus, who cares. I guess I should just be happy that I was born female. Saved me from becoming the direct victim of toxic masculinity in the matriarchal pride structure."

JASPER: "Sorry, I'm running my mouth again. I seriously just realized now that I didn't even actually answer your question, haha! Yeah, I love battling, gets the blood pumping and tones me out. Jubilee actually has an Arena for legal battles, and I go there often to pick fights and get my stress relief out for the day. The only thing that I'm not too crazy about though is that the Arena is run by this Scizor who's overdoing the cyberpunk futurist look. No, but don't get me wrong, he does a great job at running the place and making sure that all battles are contained and evenly matched-up, and the Arena is well maintained too, but something about him is a little off? He's not even a resident of Jubilee. He was hired by the mayor after a visit to the nearest neighboring town to temporarily get the Arena up and running. This guy is basically writing up the rules, regulations, and method to the institution and testing it out before his contract is up and ownership passed down to an actual resident to head the place. I don't know, maybe it's nothing, but I'm glad that I'm working all day for the Festival because the last thing I need is to be in the Arena during one of the busiest days of the year, and in the general vicinity of his 'I'm so stressed' moments."

JASPER: "Anyway, you wanna look cute? I don't know if 'cute' is for you, kitten. You should embrace your 'Don't Muk With Me' vibe you're exuding, because let me tell you, you need a guy who can step up toe to toe with you and likes that challenge. Nothing says 'I'm a brawl brat, come tame me' like shoulder pads. I've got this great windbreaker--big pads that accentuate the shells you've got hanging off your flanks there as a kind of visual motif, right?--white but it's got this great scenic Kanto ink print all around it, and the sleeves are tight and the waist is trimmed slim to give you that feminine appearance. Some gold eye shadow and you're set, kitty. Come visit my store sometime soon. I'll hook you up with that and a little discount wouldn't hurt."

JASPER: "Speaking of, hey Shaggy. I hate that scarf--it's so you. If you want to look like a lower-caste pariah for the Festival, I think you'd benefit from this summer sweater that was mistakenly shipped in with a batch of inventory. It doesn't match anything I ordered and it's just this single, mis-tailored mistake that somehow made its way to my doorstep. I only kept it because I immediately thought of you. I hope you enjoy a gaping-knit, bright limenade green top that is a button-up turtle neck...? And it's decorated with these tacky cut-out shapes of watemelon slices, bathing suits, cherries, flipflops--everything, not even evenly spaced out or evenly distributed across the canvas that is this shirt, just... Everything about it is bad. I will not be able to sell this thing to anyone except maybe Nellie since she's the town seamstress, but I really, really cannot with this."

JASPER: "This tweed thing only looks good on the right body type. I had a customer walk in once wearing a men's tweed blazer, and they were a Swadloon, so it just worked. But then I saw this Paul the Politoed come in the other day dragging along tweed pants and scratching at himself constantly. He's way too short for those pants, he just was tripping over himself. I'm thinking what in the world compelled Paul to do this to himself, but then I forgot that, you know, he's Paul. But on trends and whatnot, I'm really not feeling this new wig thing going on. I don't wanna step on Niccolo's toes, you know the Cinccino hairdresser, but ever since he found that abandoned stash of wigs in his attic and showcasing them, everyone wants a wig. And to me it looks like all the wrong people want one, too. But I won't get too much into that. I do like this new thing that I saw when I was visiting my ma the nearest town over. It's called Granbull bibs. They're like these black attachable collars with two small silver studs on either side of the neck. They go well with almost any top, and I've even seen them worn like bandannas, so the silver studs kind of look like tiny little horns. It's perfect. I have a shipment of them on their way. I just hope they come in time for the Festival."

JASPER: "My ideal employee? Uh, huh. I always thought the only and correct answer would be someone who's mature, patient, sociable, and inviting to clientele while also responsible and respectful of their coworkers and their job in much the same way that they are always wanting to improve their own good work and continuously learn on the job, making them flexible and knowledgeable. Doesn't everybody?"

Back