• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Browsers

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
  • My favorite browser is Google Chrome. I use Firefox sometimes and Opera too. Opera is really nice looking. Although the newest version of Internet Explorer is quite good, I'm not using it right now. I'll download it sometime soon.

Years
  • Although the newest version of Internet Explorer is quite good, I'm not using it right now. I'll download it sometime soon.
    If you use Windows Updates, then IE 11 should install without you having to do anything :P

I agree though, Internet Explorer has definitely by far improved since version 9 and it continues to get better.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • Oh, that's right. I might have it then, haha. I'll check tomorrow because I'm too lazy right now.

It has improved a lot! It went from a suckish browser to a quite good browser relatively fast.

Years
  • Google Chrome or IE.
    Am so happy to have not used Netscape Navigator for 15+ years.

Is there a way to get the icon used for NN though? I remember it looking snazzy.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
  • Chrome for absolutely all of my appliances, Android, Apple or otherwise. I used to use IE, then Firefox, but then once I switched to Chrome, the speed was a lot faster. However, it seems that Chrome's sole purpose is speed, and tends to crash when there is too much going on.

To put it in Pokemon terms, Chrome is a Deoxys: high-speed, easy to use with low maintenance, but frail when it comes down to it. (But Deoxys and its forms are Uber for a reason!!!)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm using Chrome on both my laptop and tablet; it's light-weight, saves most data on-cloud (allowing them to be easily transferred and whatnot), and, well, it makes web-browsing extremely fast. Have been using this browser since last two years, and am loving it. Before that, I used to be on FireFox, but wound up switching as I've heard that it was too resource-consuming. Glad I did! As for phone, I currently have Opera Mini installed. It's nearly identical, but makes it slower for you to reach your data limit, which, in my opinion, is pretty nifty.

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
  • I just switched from Opera to Firefox, and I must say, the transition is not that bad. I redowloaded all of my extensions, messed around with the settings, and I got it to a point where I quite enjoy Firefox. Speed is just a little bit faster, which is expected, as sites seem to be better optimized for the Gecko engine than the Blink engine employed in Chrome and Opera.

If you want the max speed, I suggest going to IE11. IE has really evolved, and is hands down the fastest major browser available at the moment. Only reason I'm not using IE is the lack of browsing-essential extensions

Years
  • Chrome has been my baby for about two years now. As a kid I used Internet Explorer before moving onto FireFox some years later but made the switch again after realizing how much faster Chrome was for me. That and FF just.. didn't work properly with my volume manager on my laptop at the time so I left it and never went back.

Can't see myself using anything other than Chrome now, hah.

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
  • I used to be a fan of Opera, until they did an upgrade last year which made it more like Chrome. I don't really like Chrome due to usability issues, and new Opera apparently seems to follow that same trend.

So, it's Firefox as my browser now. Surprisingly, Firefox feels more like old Opera, so I guess it evens out.

Sapphire Dragon

Let go of the scars that define you.
    Years
  • Ah, yes, the old browser thread. :)

Sorry if I rant a little here, but they had a thread on Smashboards (a forum for Super Smash Bros. gaming) that devolved into "which browser is the best browser" and there were some pretty deep debates.

But really, Chrome and Firefox are the two that I switch between. Chrome is faster, more secure, but from my experience, unstable. Sometimes if my computer crashes it won't restore my session, which means I lost all the tabs I needed to keep up for the reasons I needed them to.

Firefox is slower, slightly less secure (not by too much), but stable. Although it has less micromanagement than Chrome (no task manager to kill individual tabs, sadly) it flawlessly recovers them when it crashes. So, I prefer Firefox right now, but I'm using Chrome because the drive my Firefox is on is having a little trouble... so, yeah.

I also use Safari if needed, or rarely, a Japanese browser called Sleipnir that has an Internet Explorer emulator built in. I could just install something on Chrome/Firefox that does the same thing... but I am lazy. And Sleipnir is a nice browser. XD

Years
  • On my Mac and iPad, I primarily use Safari; however, I will boot up Chrome on my Mac if I need to download large files, check my CSS for signatures or threads (since it sometimes appears differently on Safari while it appears the same on Firefox & Chrome), and run flash files (e.g., games). On my other computer, I use Chrome for everything. When I was younger, I used Firefox on my mom's computer and Netscape on my dad's. (He only had Netscape and IE and I couldn't stand how IE was, haha.)

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I use Chrome since 4 years ago. Firefox was being laggy, which is why I switched.

On my phone though, I use Opera Mini. The page-saving feature it really helpful.

Yukari

I use Firefox. I've pretty much adapted to that browser. And honestly I am very unreceptive to change so...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Chrome on the phone, Chrome on the tablet, Chrome on the laptop. At this point it's mainly just because I'm more used to it, since I've been using it for years and all my bookmarks and stuff are in it.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    So far I'm using the standard issue Internet Explorer on my laptop, granted I've heard better things about Chrome and Firefox but I feel more at home on this browser if anything.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I'm using Firefox most of the time, even though I'm starting to use it along with SRWare Iron (a variant of Google Chrome).

Back