• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Browsers

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    What internet browser do you use? What do you use on your tablet/phone/desktop/laptop?

I've moved back to Opera after using Chrome for a few years now. Used to be a huge user of Opera, but now that Opera 22 is using the same technology that Chrome uses and it comes with the useful Opera Turbo and Speed Dial, it beats out Chrome for me. (Will post non-first impressions in about a week, just switched back today)

I'm also using Opera browsers on my phone and tablet as well. The tablet Opera browser is very nice, and the Off-Road mode on my phone has saved about 80% of my data when using it.

Years
    I'm a Google Chrome user, and have been for three years now. One thing I wish was in Chrome though was support for emoji, because Internet Explorer and Firefox both support emojis. What I like about Chrome as well is the ability to sync bookmarks, passwords, and add-ons through the cloud, and I take advantage of that feature as well.

Also, I use Internet Explorer on occasion to look at YouTube, since the flash player works better for me, and Chrome is forced the use the HTML5 player on YouTube.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    I use chrome because i'm both not afraid of the botnet, and i frankly don't find Firefox's plugin/theme system very easy. i spend plenty of time on graphics for other things, and frankly i don't want to spend time making my browser pretty w/ pixel counting and image calibration and etc.

One thing I wish was in Chrome though was support for emoji, because Internet Explorer and Firefox both support emojis.

Spoiler:

Years
    Spoiler:
    Something wrong with lack of emoji support in Chrome? :p

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    On my computer, I use Chromium.
    Spoiler:

It does have some nice features not found in Chrome, but then I have to use the pepper-flash plugin for flash applications, and I can't view PDFs directly in Chromium.

On my Android phone, Chrome was doing great, until Chrome Beta. It wouldn't play videos, it'd have a weird tabbing system, and it'd crash so often that I was losing my tabs several times a day. So I switched back to the default browser for my phone, which can now only be accessed in a roundabout way that still involves opening Chrome. :x

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    On my computer, I use Chromium.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Years
    Used Opera back when I had the Windows OS on my MacBook, but since reverting to a single OS, I've gone back to mainly using Safari. Google Chrome is used for school purposes because often times that's the browser my professors use to mark web development assignments. On my iPad, which I rarely use, I use Dolphin.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I use Chrome on my Windows 8.1 laptop with Internet Explorer 11 as my backup. I also have Firefox, but I don't really use it too much except to stream music (I have three Google accounts, one logged into Chrome, another Firefox, and a third IE).

On my desktop, I use Firefox as that's what comes with my Linux distribution and I don't really care about switching it because it just works.

On my tablet & phone, I use either Dolphin browser or Chrome. I'm thinking of going to Opera, but Chrome also has an "off road" feature now so it's kind of pointless, imo.

Years
    I remember way back in my first month of owning an iPhone, I always wondered why everyone had a browser that looked different than mine. Somehow, I didn't realize they all downloaded Chrome to replace Safari until later on, haha. I already used Chrome on my computer, so now I use it just about everywhere!

Monophobia

Already Dead
    Years
    I like Chrome, but I keep going back to Firefox because Chrome sucks at viewing any video above 480p, it doesn't support WYSIWYG editing (I like to use that on forums such as this one), and it's just too glitchy at the moment (what with the address bar full screen thing and so on).

I dunno. Maybe I'm just picky.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I think I'm probably the only person that is "Internet Explorer everywhere" - all at version 11.

Guess having cloud syncing finally paid off big time on my phone. Everything is... consistent from one device to another.

Years
    I use Chrome pretty much all the time. Mainly because it seems faster than other browsers on my computer, plus I just like the layout of it. I also like the fact that bookmarks, passwords and other things can be synced; I use both a laptop and a PC so that alone makes things super convenient for me.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I use Firefox on my computer. It really seems to do the job for me; Chrome wasn't as fast as most people would say, tested them both out and Firefox seemed better for this computer.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    On my Mac, I use Safari.
    On my regular laptop, Chrome all the way.

I have used a lot of browsers on Windows, and I'm most comfortable with Chrome. I didn't use Chrome on my Mac however because Safari seems to be holding up really steadily, unlike the junk Windows version.

IE isn't really bad... Sluggish? Yes. But for certain webpages, IE loads em while Chrome gets stuck.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    On my laptop, I use safari. On my iPad, I use two of them. I use one called Apollo because it blocks ads and such. I used it for Mibba mostly though. I use Safari for quick searching, like research and stuff when I'm not near my laptop. On my phone, well... I hardly ever use anything on my phone. It's only good for music and texting and taking pictures, but I have both Apollo and Safari on it just in case.

For about eight or nine years, I have used Firefox. I did go through a period where Firefox wouldn't work for me, so I used Chrome for a while. Then, Firefox worked out it's bugs, and I was able to use it again before getting my mac laptop.

Years
    I use Firefox almost exclusively on my desktop. It's kind of a force of habit, having used it for the better part of 8 years as my primary browser.

I use Chrome on my Android phone, since that's what came pre-installed.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    On my PC I used Google Chrome and on my laptop I'm current using Internet Explorer. (Yes, Internet Explorer.) I would usually use Firefox, but I just recently completely wiped out and refreshed my laptop and haven't been bothered to download Firefox again haha.

Back