• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ღ Fairy Glitter! ღ (Fairy type club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Username: Mr. Avocado
    Partner Pokemon: Whimiscott
    Why you like Fairies: There's just something about them that appeals to me. They've grown on me more on more ever since they were introduced. They have a cute, fearsome and elegant look about them. When you see the designs of Mega Diancie, Mega Gardevoir and Mega Altaria, it is a representation of how magnificent Fairy-types are.

Answer a Topic!:

What is your fave fairy-mega evolution and why?

My favourite would have to be Mega Altaria. It is so frikkin' majestic. I mean, it looks so beautiful and even the way it flaps it's wings is mesmerizing. The pink tint to the clouds around it works very well and is a great way to show the Fairy-typing of it. Aside from the design, it can be deadly in battle. With high, well-rounded stats, the ability it gains and the moves available to it, it can really deal some damage.

Years
  • Username: Mr. Avocado
    Partner Pokemon: Whimiscott
    Why you like Fairies: There's just something about them that appeals to me. They've grown on me more on more ever since they were introduced. They have a cute, fearsome and elegant look about them. When you see the designs of Mega Diancie, Mega Gardevoir and Mega Altaria, it is a representation of how magnificent Fairy-types are.

Answer a Topic!:

What is your fave fairy-mega evolution and why?

My favourite would have to be Mega Altaria. It is so frikkin' majestic. I mean, it looks so beautiful and even the way it flaps it's wings is mesmerizing. The pink tint to the clouds around it works very well and is a great way to show the Fairy-typing of it. Aside from the design, it can be deadly in battle. With high, well-rounded stats, the ability it gains and the moves available to it, it can really deal some damage.

Welcome to you as well! Sorry for the late addition, but real life conditions were taking a toll on me.

I definitely have to agree on Mega Altaria, it's a really good example of a Mega that's a mix of majestic and powerful, and a very versatile performer in battle with its balanced offenses and defenses. And I do have to agree the pinkish shade on the clouds really sorta show the Fairy-type off in a way. Have fun discussing some more topics about Fairy-types, given I haven't got many ideas in my head right now.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    Username: Cream
    Partner Pokemon: Swirlix
    Why you like Fairies: Fairy Pokemon are the epitome of cuteness! They're all so precious! What's not to like? I always like fairy types before the type was announced, but the new Pokemon- especially Swirlix- sealed the deal for me.
    Answer a Topic!: What Fairy dual typing do you wish they brought into the games?
    I'd like to see a fairy/poison type! Not necessarily for combat reasons, but I'm curious to see what a Pokemon like that would look like.

Years
  • Username: Cream
    Partner Pokemon: Swirlix
    Why you like Fairies: Fairy Pokemon are the epitome of cuteness! They're all so precious! What's not to like? I always like fairy types before the type was announced, but the new Pokemon- especially Swirlix- sealed the deal for me.
    Answer a Topic!: What Fairy dual typing do you wish they brought into the games?
    I'd like to see a fairy/poison type! Not necessarily for combat reasons, but I'm curious to see what a Pokemon like that would look like.

Welcome to the club! I have to admit Swirlix is super-cute and the fact it's a cotton candy creature that's Fairy-type is sorta like a shout-out to some countries calling cotton candy "fairy floss", and yup Fairy-types surely are cute but are potent in battle.

As for your topic answer, a Fairy/Poison-type is something that'll look unusual but I could just imagine what designs could spawn from such opposite types a la Inkay line's Dark/Psychic-type. Have fun discussing all the past and present topics and share your fave Fairies!

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
  • Username: JatinGupta
    Partner Pokemon: Jigglypuff
    Why you like Fairies: i like fairies as they are cute and adorable(like jigglypuff)and have amazing powers as they are immune to dragon type moves :)
    Answer a Topic: What is your favorite Fairy type Pokemon? Why?:
    I have to go with Jigglypuff It's been my favorite since i watched the Pokemon anime(episode:The song of Jigglypuff). :) {XD}
    Jigglypuff has rubbery, balloon-like skin and is so cute ^^ also its base hp is high which makes jigglypuff to be more stand still in battle and have some powerful fairy type moves. ^^

Years
  • Username: JatinGupta
    Partner Pokemon: Jigglypuff
    Why you like Fairies: i like fairies as they are cute and adorable(like jigglypuff)and have amazing powers as they are immune to dragon type moves :)
    Answer a Topic: What is your favorite Fairy type Pokemon? Why?:
    I have to go with Jigglypuff It's been my favorite since i watched the Pokemon anime(episode:The song of Jigglypuff). :) {XD}
    Jigglypuff has rubbery, balloon-like skin and is so cute ^^ also its base hp is high which makes jigglypuff to be more stand still in battle and have some powerful fairy type moves. ^^

Welcome to the club Jatin!

And from the looks of it you're the first member to choose Jigglypuff as a partner. I've had someone choose Wigglytuff before, but not Jigglypuff itself. It's been a fan fave of mine from 1st Gen and it was nice to see it get a buff with not just Fairy-type but also gaining an extra standard ability, Competitive in 6th Gen. I even watched that anime episode you mentioned, it was always funny when she drew on everyone's face while they were asleep. Kinda sad she disappeared early in the Hoenn saga, but I heard she was given closure by joining a new trainer or something.

Also, I figured I'd try another new topic:

Create your own Fairy-type move! Give it a name, base power, accuracy and effects and finish it with a description.

It'd be nice to see what you guys can all come up with!

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • Been eyeing this group for awhile, but it took me some time to finally choose a partner. Decided to be (what looks like) the first one to claim mega diancie.

Username: Saronai
    Partner Pokemon:
    719-m.png
    Morgana
    I know technically you can't nickname event pokes but I call mine Morgana because everything has to have a name.
    I chose her because I also love gemstones and collect both them and other minerals/rocks in uncut (sometimes polished though) forms. Labradorite is my favourite but in searching for a name in pink stones I found Morganite. Except it was named for JP Morgan. I'm going to pretend it was named for Morgan le fay anyway and decided to name this gemstone fairy Morgana as a tribute to the fay and nod to the pink variety of beryl, morganite.

Why you like Fairies: Where on earth do I begin with this question. I've loved them so long I don't even remember when I was introduced as a little girl...maybe the star fairies? Possibly Flutterina from Princess of Power? I'm generally clueless here. My favourite genre to read and write in is fantasy and alongside elves, fairies are at the top of the list for favourite fantasy/myth species. I have books on fairies, some compiled as though they're real, some not.

Heck, I've even seen snow fairies a few times (or a really fantastic optical illusion that stole my breath). They're just...I don't know, really interesting to me, as pure fiction, or mythological study. Even in theories that they might be momentary "ghost" images from a parallel world of ordinary every day people that leaked through.

I just love all the enchantment, nature, and wonder that surrounds them, whether they're beautiful or tiny little brownies. I guess, for me, they just represent a magical and wonder-filled existence/possibility that's like the difference between black and white and coloured TV.

So...now that you have an inkling of what kind of nutjob am I...

If given the opportunity from Nintendo to make your own Fairy-type Pokemon, what would it be? Moveset? Egg moves? Base stats? Place it all in a spoiler for everyone to see! Write a description on how it would look!
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Been eyeing this group for awhile, but it took me some time to finally choose a partner. Decided to be (what looks like) the first one to claim mega diancie.

Username: Saronai
    Partner Pokemon:
    719-m.png
    Morgana
    I know technically you can't nickname event pokes but I call mine Morgana because everything has to have a name.
    I chose her because I also love gemstones and collect both them and other minerals/rocks in uncut (sometimes polished though) forms. Labradorite is my favourite but in searching for a name in pink stones I found Morganite. Except it was named for JP Morgan. I'm going to pretend it was named for Morgan le fay anyway and decided to name this gemstone fairy Morgana as a tribute to the fay and nod to the pink variety of beryl, morganite.

Why you like Fairies: Where on earth do I begin with this question. I've loved them so long I don't even remember when I was introduced as a little girl...maybe the star fairies? Possibly Flutterina from Princess of Power? I'm generally clueless here. My favourite genre to read and write in is fantasy and alongside elves, fairies are at the top of the list for favourite fantasy/myth species. I have books on fairies, some compiled as though they're real, some not.

Heck, I've even seen snow fairies a few times (or a really fantastic optical illusion that stole my breath). They're just...I don't know, really interesting to me, as pure fiction, or mythological study. Even in theories that they might be momentary "ghost" images from a parallel world of ordinary every day people that leaked through.

I just love all the enchantment, nature, and wonder that surrounds them, whether they're beautiful or tiny little brownies. I guess, for me, they just represent a magical and wonder-filled existence/possibility that's like the difference between black and white and coloured TV.

So...now that you have an inkling of what kind of nutjob am I...

If given the opportunity from Nintendo to make your own Fairy-type Pokemon, what would it be? Moveset? Egg moves? Base stats? Place it all in a spoiler for everyone to see! Write a description on how it would look!
    Spoiler:

Yes you are actually the first one to choose Mega Diancie as a partner! Great to have you on board, and I'm sure you won't regret joining this club because I love Fairy-types myself due to their amazing balance of cuteness and power.

I actually once happened to like fairies when I was younger, just like you did. I often viewed them as very cute but majestic and able to wield so many different powers. Fairies have so many different looks and stories, and it translates well to why the Fairy-type Pokemon are so diverse in designs, there are some very odd inspirations for designs but they really capture the meaning of it well.

I also love your creation there! Fairy/Ice is a type combination I really want to see happen, yeah I know it'll be quad-weak to Steel, but the types are so beautiful when put together. Anyways, have fun discussing some topics in the club!

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Alright we've been on this topic since before christmas so lets start a new one maybe?
    I have one so answer if you'd like haha

What fairy type pokemon would you like to see receive a mega evolution in the future? Or what non fairies would u like to see receive a mega and gain fairy as a secondary typing?
    I think its good and im almost sure no one else has it :)

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • Alright we've been on this topic since before christmas so lets start a new one maybe?

What fairy type pokemon would you like to see receive a mega evolution in the future? Or what non fairies would u like to see receive a mega and gain fairy as a secondary typing?

Easy. Lilligant. But I may be biased ;)
    Saw more than a few really nifty interpretations of a mega lilligant on deviant art. Plus, Lilligant would finally get the fairy typing she deserved in the first place. She's too cute to be just grass :D

Years
  • Easy. Lilligant. But I may be biased ;)
    Saw more than a few really nifty interpretations of a mega lilligant on deviant art. Plus, Lilligant would finally get the fairy typing she deserved in the first place. She's too cute to be just grass :D

You know, given that Lilligant's version counterpart (at least in 5th Gen) Whimsicott became Fairy-type it felt weird to see Lilligant get left the way she was, and it doesn't help that she's often overshadowed by Whimsicott due to the fluffy prankster having an impressive status movepool while all that Lilligant can settle on is Grass and Normal-type moves, and has to rely on Quiver Dance to be able to sweep, and then again she gets walled by Steel-types especially.

It was always weird to be honest, but then again she's not in the Fairy egg group while Whimsicott is and as far as I know, most Fairy-type Pokemon are in that egg group.

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • You know, given that Lilligant's version counterpart (at least in 5th Gen) Whimsicott became Fairy-type it felt weird to see Lilligant get left the way she was, and it doesn't help that she's often overshadowed by Whimsicott due to the fluffy prankster having an impressive status movepool while all that Lilligant can settle on is Grass and Normal-type moves, and has to rely on Quiver Dance to be able to sweep, and then again she gets walled by Steel-types especially.

It was always weird to be honest, but then again she's not in the Fairy egg group while Whimsicott is and as far as I know, most Fairy-type Pokemon are in that egg group.

I spend more of my time breeding and almost no time battling other players, so yeah, that she's not really even very good for competitive battling right now and her version counterpart became fairy, definitely Lilligant :D

I'd not yet looked for a pattern on who became fairy type but I guess I can see the whole "not a fairy egg group" reasoning...though I honestly don't see why they had to stick to that with some that should have been fairy anyway. Is it that difficult to add them to the fairy egg group in a later game?

Do you agree with me then on Lilligant, or is there a different pokemon you'd rather see get fairy?

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I spend more of my time breeding and almost no time battling other players, so yeah, that she's not really even very good for competitive battling right now and her version counterpart became fairy, definitely Lilligant :D

I'd not yet looked for a pattern on who became fairy type but I guess I can see the whole "not a fairy egg group" reasoning...though I honestly don't see why they had to stick to that with some that should have been fairy anyway. Is it that difficult to add them to the fairy egg group in a later game?

Do you agree with me then on Lilligant, or is there a different pokemon you'd rather see get fairy?
    Well we are not going to just one we are going to all non fairies in general :D
    Although I agree on liligant especially since its counterpart gained fairy!

most Fairy-type Pokemon are in that egg group.
    most of them are so its something that's expected but theres some that are not so that's not to say others may not become fairy type. Honestly I feel that when the poke mega evolves and changes typing its not always expected nor influenced by the egg group. Mega Ampharos is a good example I didn't see it getting dragon haha

Return

Years

I would like to see Wigglytuff mega evolves(but i really want Jigglypuff to mega evolves but that is not possible :( ) through Wigglenite(that is a hypothetical mega stone{XD}) this is a hypothetical picture of Wigglytuff mega evolution :) ^^

Picture : View attachment 74162
    See after mega evolutions Wigglytuff becomes fairy/flying type pokemon enjoy :pink_boogie: ^^

Last edited:

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • I'm not a big fan of wigglytuff, or the colour pink, sorry. BUT, having said that, I'd be a fan of that mega-evolution drawing anyway. Did you draw/design it yourself or did you stumble across it somewhere? it looks great. I love the wings on how the ear tips turn into elegant ribbons. Also, the theoretical wigglenite sounds awesome hehe.

Return

Years
  • I'm not a big fan of wigglytuff, or the colour pink, sorry. BUT, having said that, I'd be a fan of that mega-evolution drawing anyway. Did you draw/design it yourself or did you stumble across it somewhere? it looks great. I love the wings on how the ear tips turn into elegant ribbons. Also, the theoretical wigglenite sounds awesome hehe.

I draw it with the help of my brother but i added wings and ribbons with the help of net and the photo editor tools(Adobe Photoshop, MS Paint, Picasa etc. )
    Well Thanks for liking my Wigglenite stone and the Photo {XD}:)

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • I draw it with the help of my brother but i added wings and ribbons with the help of net and the photo editor tools(Adobe Photoshop, MS Paint, Picasa etc. )
    Well Thanks for liking my Wigglenite stone and the Photo {XD}:)

You and your brother did an awesome job then :D I want it to be a real mega-evolution (though I still want mega lilligant more hehe).

Return

Years
  • You and your brother did an awesome job then :D I want it to be a real mega-evolution (though I still want mega lilligant more hehe).

Here is the pic of mega liligant (i found it from net but i change the color of image with my skills see the effect i have done :)
    this one is from net that i have downloaded: View attachment 74163
    this one is after effect i have gave to pic hope you like it :) : View attachment 74164

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • Here is the pic of mega liligant (i found it from net but i change the color of image with my skills see the effect i have done :)
    this one is from net that i have downloaded: View attachment 74163
    this one is after effect i have gave to pic hope you like it :) : View attachment 74164

I saw that one on Deviant Art, was one of my favourites. I like your colour change for the shiny version :D

Here are a few other interpretations I enjoyed, clicking on them will take you to the artist's page:
    Spoiler:

Return

Years
  • I saw that one on Deviant Art, was one of my favourites. I like your colour change for the shiny version :D

Here are a few other interpretations I enjoyed, clicking on them will take you to the artist's page:
    Spoiler:

Thanks ♥ i love the art of deviant Art i have edit some colour on same image see:
    Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back