• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ღ Fairy Glitter! ღ (Fairy type club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Username: Precious~Dark
Partner Pokemon: Klefki
Why you like Fairies: I was happy when I heard fairy types were introduced. A lot of my favourite pokemon got the fairy type making it one of my favourites type pokemon today. ^-^
Answer a Topic!:
What Fairy dual typing do you wish they brought into the games?
Fairy - Ghost (combining two of my favourite type of pokemon)

What are your fave shiny Fairy-types, and reasons why?
685.png
| it Reminds me of a chocolate cherry-pie (Schwarzwälder kirsch)
303.png
| The Burgandy colour looks nice on Mawile

Welcome to the club, Precious! I have to say this but you're our first one to have chosen Klefki as a partner Pokemon. I do wonder what made you choose Klefki? I find it very interesting, given it is an interesting support Pokemon but also has stats solid enough for attacking as well. Its stats are like pretty balanced, even if not exactly the greatest out there, but Prankster makes it such a threat with those increased-priority status moves that so love to annoy what's in its way.

As for the topics you answered, nice taste you have in shiny Slurpuff there. I do admit it's one of the better-looking shiny Fairy-types out there, to the point I actually like that coloring better than the usual one. The brown and beige color scheme is really adorable, along with that red on top of its head, sorta looking like a cupcake with a cherry on it.

And yeah Fairy/Ghost is a dual-typing that I hope to see eventually happen. Mismagius was such a missed opportunity for that combination, but hopefully Game Freak may redeem us come 7th Gen.

Years
Welcome to the club, Precious! I have to say this but you're our first one to have chosen Klefki as a partner Pokemon. I do wonder what made you choose Klefki? I find it very interesting, given it is an interesting support Pokemon but also has stats solid enough for attacking as well. Its stats are like pretty balanced, even if not exactly the greatest out there, but Prankster makes it such a threat with those increased-priority status moves that so love to annoy what's in its way.

As for the topics you answered, nice taste you have in shiny Slurpuff there. I do admit it's one of the better-looking shiny Fairy-types out there, to the point I actually like that coloring better than the usual one. The brown and beige color scheme is really adorable, along with that red on top of its head, sorta looking like a cupcake with a cherry on it.

And yeah Fairy/Ghost is a dual-typing that I hope to see eventually happen. Mismagius was such a missed opportunity for that combination, but hopefully Game Freak may redeem us come 7th Gen.

I looked through the list to see which pokemon were chosen and I didn't see a Klefki. I fel in love with it's design when it was introduced in gen 6. It is a very handy pokemon to have around because you'll never lose your keys again. I don't get why it a Steel - Fairy type instead of Fairy - Steel because it mainly uses/learns Fairy-type moves. It only has two weaknesses which is quite handy, it's not the strongest pokemon but perfect for playing through a pokemon game.

Yes, when i looked through the shiny's most switched to a green or blue colour. Most look like they picked a random colour instead of making a nice looking colour scheme.

Yes Mismagius is a missed opportunity. I hope they make a witch themed ghost/fairy in the future or other fairy-tale inspired characters. ^-^

Years
To help increase activity in this usually dormant club, I took suggestions from a while back and I'll be implementing a Featured Pokemon where we'll be looking at a different Fairy-type evolution line for an entire week.

So, to kick things off I figured I'd choose a fan favorite...

250px-298Azurill.png
250px-183Marill.png
250px-184Azumarill.png

Azurill, Marill and Azumarill!

This evolution line was first introduced to us in Gold & Silver, while Azurill joined come Ruby & Sapphire and has been one of the more popular Fairy-type lines competitively which I'll get to in a moment. Azumarill once started out as a Pokemon who was viewed as not very good, but it gradually improved with each subsequent generation. 3rd Gen gave us abilities, where it picked up a certain ability that doubles its physical attacking power. 4th Gen gives the line physical Water STAB to actually use thanks to the physical/special split, 5th Gen (especially B2/W2) alters its level-up moves such as getting Aqua Tail at a much earlier level than previously. But it was X & Y's introduction of Fairy-type that was the icing on the cake for the watery rabbit, gaining not only an immunity to Dragon-type moves but also three more new resistances. Azurill is a Normal/Fairy-type (pure Normal prior to 6th Gen) while Marill and Azumarill are Water/Fairy (pure Water prior to 6th Gen).

The line has fairly decent defensive stats, with both of Azumarill's base defenses coming at a solid base 80 apiece, but sadly its offensive stats at base 50 on both ends leave less to be desired along with having a slow 50 base Speed although it's still a long shot compared to some slower lines. However, it's one of its usual abilities that gradually alters that. All three members of the line have access to either Thick Fat which weakens Fire and Ice moves directed at it, or the more awesome Huge Power which outright doubles Azumarill's Attack stat to make its physical moves hit and hit hard, and with a solid selection to choose from, such as STAB staples like Aqua Tail, Play Rough and Waterfall, to some handy coverage moves which include Superpower, Brick Break, Dig, Ice Punch and Return. The line also has a hidden ability in Sap Sipper, which makes them immune to Grass moves and boosts their Attack when hit by one.

So, here's some questions you can answer regarding the Marill evolution line:

Have you ever used Azumarill before, competitively or in-game?

If you were to give Azumarill a Mega Evolution, how would you change it?

Did the extra benefits gained from Fairy-type make you want to use Azumarill more?

What's your overall thoughts on the Marill line in general?

Years
Yes, Multiple times. The last was in X-Y Her name is Nezumi, she is a lv. 100 Azumarill caught at level 5 when she was a Azurill.

Hmm.. I want to give it some thought before answering this question.

Did the extra benefits gained from Fairy-type make you want to use Azumarill more?
Yes, but I have to say that I was fond of the marill line before they introduced fairy. I was amazed how powerful Azumarill can be.

I fell in love with Marill when it was introduced in the anime (Tracy's Marill) I think it's a great evolution line and I hope it will get a Mega Evolution in the future. : )

Nymphadora

Gift of the Nymphs
Years
> In game, yes. Silver, Sapphire, Pearl, SS, and OR

>I wouldn't, if I had to,I would make it more rabbit like, maybe loose the spring tail and have a droplet shaped tail

> Very much so, actually!

> The entire line is quite cute, I do tend to lean toward that as the water type I try to train and level up

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
Years
Yes in Games like Emerald and Sapphire.

I would change and make Azumarill more cute,made more Pattern in Azumarill body and also make her doubled zigzaged tail.

Yes, definitely i tend to use Azumarill in the Games(after the introduction of Azumarill being Fairy type Pokemon) as it has many resistances toward certain types.

All the Evolutions of marill are cute as It is the cutest evolution line that is introduced in the Pokemon Anime^^.I hope there will be more cute Pokemons in the Anime

Years
I have to say, great answers you guys! I don't use Azumarill as much as I thought but Fairy-type sure made it become the best it's ever been. Anyways, time for a brand-new featured Pokemon for this week and it's....

250px-684Swirlix.png
250px-685Slurpuff.png

Swirlix and Slurpuff!

This very tasty duo of pure Fairy-types first came to us in X & Y, and are based on a cotton candy and cupcake/meringue. Their stat spread is fairly even, being balanced across the board although the special stats come out slightly on top. They have Sweet Veil as their standard ability, which is a new ability in 6th Gen that prevents Swirlix/Slurpuff and its teammates from being affected by sleep moves, while their hidden ability is Unburden which doubles their Speed when they lose or consume their held item. On the competitive scene, people have often been utilizing Belly Drum sets on Unburden Slurpuff and they can hit very hard once you get the strategy going.

Having such rounded stats and access to various coverage moves both on the physical and special ends make it a really well-balanced team member, especially because it learns lots of moves that you wouldn't expect it could even learn.

That said, time for some questions for the Swirlix line!

Have you ever used Slurpuff before, competitively or in-game?

If you were to give Slurpuff a Mega Evolution, how would you change it?

Given this line is a version exclusive for X, did that serve as a factor in you preferring X over Y?

What's your overall thoughts on the Swirlix line in general?

Years
No, I haven't yet but I like to but the trading part to evolve it keeps me from using it...

I would make it more fluffy like Swirlix. Make it al little bit taller & let the cherry drip a little more... maybe give it very long eyelash...

Given this line is a version exclusive for X, did that serve as a factor in you preferring X over Y?
No, Trading it trough GTS is very easy ... just trade it with a Spritzee. ^-^

I think it's cute, first I didn't like Slurpuff much but how more I look at him how more I like it. I think they are adorable~

Return

Years
Yes, i have used Slurpuff in many games(i generally use to prefer cute Pokemons in the games :P)

If you were to give Slurpuff a Mega Evolution, how would you change it?'
I would make Slurpuff more cute and give him a pure Shape of Strawberry pie with little bit height and darken its colors also.

Not at all...... i just trade it with another Pokemon.........

Swirlix Line is cute and fluffy.Its eyes are very beautiful also.Its cute eyes and noes made him my favourite cute Pokemon :)

Last edited:
Years
Nope

Make it look a lot less creepy.

Not at all.

I don't like it, in fact I find Slurpuff terrifying, it looks like a evil old lady lol

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
In game in pokemon fangames and Swirlix in game for a cute walk around pokemon.

Part ghost type maybe or just make it bulkier and give a couple better moves and higher attack definately.

Actually no cause i dont usually use pokemon that evolve through trade and i wanted to use florges but now that ive seen it in action i would have if i known how cool it is on a team.

I think its cute and Slurpuff is decent on a team as a stalker and is great with energy ball and moves like light screen reflect oh and is great in doubles!

Years
Great responses everyone! I never personally used Slurpuff in-game considering I have literally no options for trading in 6th Gen right now, but I have seen how fun they can be to use on Showdown from time to time.

Anyways, time for this week's featured Pokemon...

250px-439Mime_Jr.png
250px-122Mr._Mime.png

Mime Jr. and Mr. Mime!

Ah yes, we now feature one of the originals, good old Mr. Mime who I think was definitely one of the most odd Pokemon out of the Original 151. It's often under-appreciated, but I like quirky Pokemon so it always had a place in my memories of the early days of Pokemon. Come Diamond & Pearl, it gained a baby pre-evo in Mime Jr. which I think is utterly adorable, even its own in-game cry sounds very cute. When it came to older-generation Pokemon that adopted Fairy-type, this line was I think the last thing everyone was expecting to become a Fairy given it doesn't have most of the typical Fairy-type traits, but the type still gives it some new toys to play with.

Stat-wise, the line's main forte is Special Defense, but has some neat Special Attack backing it up, with a not-too-shabby base 90 Speed as well. For abilities, they can have either Soundproof which makes it immune to all sound moves, or Filter which weakens super-effective hits directed at them. They also have Technician for a Hidden Ability, but sadly don't have many moves that would work well with it, so it's not as impressive compared to most other Pokemon with the ability. In terms of moves, their movepool mainly consists of Psychic moves (and despite being part-Fairy, they really don't get that many Fairy moves at all) and a lot of supportive moves making it handy with assisting its teammates.

But still, aside from all that odd factor, let's get some questions out for us to answer.

Have you ever used Mr. Mime before, competitively or in-game?

If you were to give Mr. Mime a Mega Evolution, how would you change it?

Mr. Mime has a 50% chance to be female. Have you ever used a female Mr. Mime before and never felt embarrassed about it?

Were you ever a fan of Mimey, Delia's Mr. Mime from the anime?

What's your overall thoughts on the Mr. Mime line in general?

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
No and no never really had the urge although its part fairy now!

Id up its defense and SpAtk! Id keep its typing the same though but i doubt the mega would be used a lot due to mega Gardevoir haha.

Mr. Mime has a 50% chance to be female. Have you ever used a female Mr. Mime before and never felt embarrassed about it?
Well i never used Mr. mime but my friend wifi battled me with one and it was female and it was nicknamed Mrs. mime which confused me a lot haha.

I actually was! It seemed cute and a little troublesome in a way plus it could be helpful too if need be ;)

Idk it can be kinda creepy being a mime but overall its outshadowed by other psychic types and its typing is not unique as we have Gardevoir and even a mega may not be able to change that. I wish it had better defense cause thats a big weak spot but if your going against him with special attackers then its quite hard to take out. I do love mime Jr. though its so cute and its like a contest star!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023

Can't say I have!

I can't really see a humanoid pokemon mega evolving but what about giving him an alternate form? Since a mime can be a profession, why not have all these ridiculous counterparts such as Mr. Clown, Mr. Baker and so on? I doubt it'd ever be a real idea but it'd be interesting to say the least.

I think they've should just made Mr. Mime a male exclusive pokemon or done a Nidoking / Nidoqueen here. But I guess I wouldn't really care if my Mr. Mime was female? It'd be kinda awkward but it's not the worst thing that could happen.

Who? :D

Yeah I'm with Dedenne on this one. Looking at it at 1am in the morning makes it look absolutely terrifying but most of the time it's actually pretty good! Don't think I've used one but it looks like one of the more interesting mons so maybe I'll give it a go sometime.

Also does anyone else see how Mr. Mime is a fairy type? Is it because it's bright pink or? ):

Return

Years
No i have not used Mr.Mime even once in the games.

I would Make Mr.Mime Scary and Dangerous by darken it colours with adding a black cap on its head also :P

I never used Mr.Mime in games so i really don't know but i have seen in the net that Female Mr.Mime is better than Male Mr.Mime(as Female Mr.Mime has Higher defense stats than Male Mr.Mime)

No,I don't like Delia's Mr. Mime As it is normally ignore the Orders of people(except Delia Ketchum) and its litte bit troublesome.

Frankly Speaking,I don't like Mr.Mime line is not unique as Gardevoir(As dedenne1 stated).Mime.Jr is ok though.

Years
No, I don't have a reason why I haven't used them yet.

No, because I never used Mr. Mime but I wouldn't feel embarrassed about it. ^-^

Yess! It's adorable.

It's not my favourite but I don't dislike it or find it creepy like some people. I think it's cute...

Years
It's time for a new featured Pokemon, and I think it's one you'll really enjoy...

250px-707Klefki.png

Klefki!

This thing may be a living key ring, but it's got one of the godliest type combinations out there in terms of resistances and stuff, having a massive 9 resistances and 2 immunities meaning it's nothing to laugh at. In terms of stats they are balanced across the board (except for HP) with Defense and the special stats coming out slightly ahead, and couple that with its nasty Prankster ability and you've got one annoying defensive player to be reckoned with.

Most of Klefki's movepool consists of status and support moves with not much in the offensive department, allowing it to take huge advantage of Prankster but it also gains access to some offenses, like useful STABs such as Dazzling Gleam and Flash Cannon, along with additional coverage with Psychic and Hidden Power. It also has Magician as its Hidden Ability, as one of only two Pokemon with access to it (alongside the Fennekin line) but it's definitely not as good as Prankster, which is what you pretty much want it to do.

Anyways, time for some questions about our fave key-jiggling fae.

Have you ever used Klefki before, competitively or in-game?

If you were to give Klefki a Mega Evolution, how would you change it?

Were you ever creeped out by the claim that Klefki can jiggle their keys as a method of scaring threats away?

What's your overall thoughts on Klefki in general?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023

Don't think I ever had enough interest to use one. Out of all the fairy types that I could have on my main team, it certainly wasn't the first one I thought of haha.

Interesting! I can't imagine such a small pokemon being able to mega evolve but seeing as we have Mega Mawile and the like then maybe we could just add to its key element? Dunno I feel like the only thing you can do is add more keys and change its colour scheme, haha. Its design feels very limited when it comes to editing/expanding on it, honestly.

Were you ever creeped out by the claim that Klefki can jiggle their keys as a method of scaring threats away?

I think that's adorable actually. So no, not at all! Kinda confused how this works though, does the key just give a vibe that tells other pokemon to back off? I can't imagine a key jangling scaring predators off.

I feel like Klefki gets a lot of hate for being a part of the inanimate objects club. Though really, I think it's quite clever. Fairies imply something cute or small usually, right? So I think to combine fairy/steel and use a pair of household keys was actually a pretty good move on Gamefreak's part.

Okay maybe it's not the most thrilling thing in the world using a set of keys but it does look pretty good! Great dual typing, design and the ability to beat up dragons with ease. Not bad if I say so myself. :]

Return

Years
Yes,I had used Klefki in Games(but only few times)

I would Make Klefki Dark with creating some spikes on Klefki keys also.

Not at all..Klefki looks cute and adorable when It scares threats :P

Klefki Pokemon is cute and adorable as it is very useful in Games as it has many resistances toward different types (I think Klefki is the only known Pokémon capable of learning Fairy Lock and Crafty Shield)But there is no futher evolution for Klefki. There should be more evolution for the Klefki :)

Emolga91

A wild Emolga appeared!
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 18, 2015
Username: Emolga91

Partner Pokemon: Togekiss

Why you like Fairies: i find them to be the most unique looking pokemon but are very strong and they just know how to tell dragons to back off

Answer a topic!: What is your favorite Fairy type?
My answer has to be Togekiss, Togekiss was my first foray into fairy type pokemon. Even now it's a staple of my team. With its serene grace ability and an air slash move it turns into the flinching god especially if I have it in my trick room team against my mates with their faster pokemon. It's also a very tanky Pokemon combined with Follow Me it's just an amazing Pokemon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back