• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
the ranger class stuff will come out when he codes it and when he bloody well decides to release it.

DON'T ASK

GAK

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2009
you never cease to amaze us. i like how you put poke-cyber on the top of the menu...but... where's the pokedex?

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
The project is continuing to look fantastic. This class system is intriguing.

jefffan3

Devolping A New Game Now......
Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2015
Is their a beta yet and great idea with the ranger/trainer class thing then u can be a gym leader champion etc i always thought nitendo should put that in their game. is their anyway i can help?

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
no, there is not a beta yet. and i do not believe that there is a way to help, other than giving your support to neo

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
there is no release candidate. if you'd read the post DIRECTLY ABOVE YOURS then you'll see i'd already answered that question

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Update time: Trainer Class_Battle system_Pokemon Switching

Keep reading to be informed about releases and beta releases and so on. It will be explained below

I've just finished coding the pokemon switching system for the Trainer Class' Battle system.
I taught I'd take some screenshots to show it off.
Have a look and tell me what you think.

Pkmnswitchingscreen1.png

Pkmnswitchingscreen2.png

Please note: This is only a test team to show off this feature- as such- all stats and conditions in this battle are from a battle system in progress

Explaining the screenshots:​
Clicking on the "Pokemon" option in the main commands brings up the first screen. You can click on the pokemon to select it - or use the right click to go back to the main command. When you select a pokemon, a sub menu pops up. The slot you selected becomes highlighted in the upper panel, while the icon slot number, Star Ranking, Pokemon Icon,HP that of that pokemon and sub menu appear in the bottom panel.
Right clicking here will get rid of the sub menu while staying in the pokemon switching menu. Selecting the "Keep Battling" command will take the player back to the main battle commands. "Switch Pokemon" will swap the active pokemon for the pokemon selected.
Clicking on the selected pokemon icon in the bottom panel will bring up a text box with the stats of that Pokemon, so you can check. As you can see in the screen, although test, the pokemon is a very powerful and speedy 3 Star Ranked Pokemon.
I have to explain the textbox though.
I am pushing Rm2k3 to it's limits with the battle system. Rm2k3 can only handle 50 pics on screen at once, the battle system uses all 50 pics at different points in the code in order to achieve the nice transparent effects and all the rest, so just in case you taught it looked a bit mad in that last screen with the message box- that's why ha.

I've been adopting the build status terms that professional developers use. The game is currently at "Pre Alpha V.08". When the bag system is coded for the battles, that will go up to 0.9 and then when attacks are done, it will be a full V.1.0. Version 1 of the pre alpha will mean the battle system is fully coded. The Pre Alpha v1.0 build will keep going up .1 and 0.1 every time more of the Trainer Class features are coded fully. Then V.2.0 will be Ranger Class. V.3.0 will be the Civil Service Class. Once that is done, the game will begin Alpha testing, once that is done, the beta will be out. After that- the game will be release with the "Release Candidate V1.0"- and that will increase by full version numbers with "expansions"- or by .1 and by .01 with bug fixes and refinements.
Hopefully that keeps you all up to date, and informed.

On a side note. I still haven't had the spare time to update the first post with some nice details- and keep it up to date. I will be updating the official website too, so make sure you check it out my-lifeonline.com- although only the index page is done ha.

Well tell me what ya think.

Edit- I'll answer any questions since my last update:
I hope any information about a release was cleared above. So I don't need to repeat myself.
As for the question on missing a gamble with attacks- that will be answered when the update on attacks is done :P I still have some secrets on my battle system (keep your mouth shut Atomic_Reactor :P).

A video? I will be taking one around Pre Alpha V.1.0 - in other words I'll be taking a video of the battle in action when it's done.

Did I miss any other questions?

Waudby

Nice update Neo, can't wait to see more. The system is looking very well put together.

I await the video :D

Years
Wooow! Great update, Neo. Though the textbox looks weird.

I can't wait to see more. And the video would be great!
Keep up the good work.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Wow... that is so great Neo, I can hardly believe the amount of work you are putting into this project, great for you!

dotFallen

Hunter of Darkness
Years
have you ever considered switching to rpg maker 2000? Sure its older but when you add the mods you can do exactly what your doing but even better (i believe all the parameters for the images are the same too). You can get rid of that 50 image thing and use a patch program to crank it up to 100. The mouse patch is even officially supported too. My only problem so far is the fonts. The second one is ok but the first one is the rpg styled one which i cant stand. I cant seem to get the font patcher to work right.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
cool update. only thing that i could suggest is perhaps make it so that if you double click, then it'll auto-switch the pokemon, saving you the extra step.

dotFallen

Hunter of Darkness
Years
cool update. only thing that i could suggest is perhaps make it so that if you double click, then it'll auto-switch the pokemon, saving you the extra step.

double click, with my experience so far with the patch, is very hard to do. You see I made a little demo game to test the accuracy and speed of the whole entire process. What I came to realize is I had to put in a lot of wait 0.0 to slow down the click speed.

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
Years
This game is going good and why didn't you use
Irfanview for the colour of the message box?(weird)
When the website is fully going, it will include a guide on all the systems, so if it seems confusing you can check it out.
I only noticed how awful the text box in the last screen looks.
For those who have a keen eye- you will notice the color of the text box a bit washed out. That was my fault for not lowering the image down to 256 colors in Irfan View. I think I did that in paint so that's why the color is lost.
I'll fix that. Also, if you are asking yourself "why is the messagebox placed so high up, and not lower on the screen like normal"- is because battle messages appear in the white part of the lower panel of the battle screen (see where the "left click to select pokemon" text is). I had to have a boarder so the text would be viewable over the pokemon icon in the switching.

Oh and did you notice you can finally have more then one of the same pokemon. I know I told ya before, but it's a first from my games lol.
oh and Neo did you use Ineluki Key Patch v1.2 for the mouse? I downloaded it a few days ago but I'm not gonna use it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back