• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I could be wrong, but weren't Black 2 and White 2 enhanced for 3DS, in a way, but were still playable on DS? Perhaps they could consider doing the same for Z and New 3DS, similarly to above suggestion? This might be slightly biased, as I'm going to be purchasing a set of New 3DS for myself pretty soon, but I feel it'd be quite nice if they were to go towards this route, as it would satisfy players better who own this particular handheld. They might not be gaining anything from this financially, per se, but this would definitely help better on keeping a portion of their followers happy and whatnot.

Years
  • I could be wrong, but weren't Black 2 and White 2 enhanced for 3DS, in a way, but were still playable on DS? Perhaps they could consider doing the same for Z and New 3DS, similarly to above suggestion?

They can be played on the DS, but can also connect to Pokémon Dream Radar, which is a game that can only be downloaded and played on the 3DS. I never noticed any visual enhancements for playing them on 3DS.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Well the generational tournament's art practically confirms Zygarde will be the next mascot (like we really need any more proof). It's interesting how GF has been more open in showing Xerneas and Yvetal with Zygarde unlike with the previous three trios which left out the third in most advertisements.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Well the generational tournament's art practically confirms Zygarde will be the next mascot (like we really need any more proof). It's interesting how GF has been more open in showing Xerneas and Yvetal with Zygarde unlike with the previous three trios which left out the third in most advertisements.

What's the generational tournament's art? :o

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    What's the generational tournament's art? :o
    I believe that he's talking about this:

detail_ja_ce826cac-bbf0-4b4d-84c9-194e111a56bf.jpg

I don't really see how it confirms that Zygarde is the next mascot, even though we all know it is anyway.

Years
  • Well I did say it was more proof...as it's alongside it's trio facing off the Gen III mascots either way it is practically 99.99 percent confirmed with all the hints. Plus Zygarde is the only one that can be the mascot of the next Kalos game.

A comment on the art, it has a pattern closed mouth (X,K,Z)ones facing the open mouth ones(G,Y,R)...it means nothing but it's like Red Oni vs Blue oni there xD.

I hope Zygarde's Mega/Primal/Forme looks more serpent like as it sort of looks like an insect larva mixed with an alien...

Well I did say it was more proof...as it's alongside it's trio facing off the Gen III mascots either way it is practically 99.99 percent confirmed with all the hints. Plus Zygarde is the only one that can be the mascot of the next Kalos game.

A comment on the art, it has a pattern closed mouth (X,K,Z)ones facing the open mouth ones(G,Y,R)...it means nothing but it's like Red Oni vs Blue oni there xD.

I hope Zygarde's Mega/Primal/Forme looks more serpent like as it sort of looks like an insect larva mixed with an alien...

Years
  • ^ I can't lie, that would be kind of awesome. Zygarde does look very insect-like, and if they were to turn it into something alien-like then it'd be even cooler I think. :o

A snake alien would be cool. Perhaps it's tentacle like 'hands'(?) will disappear or turn into Deoxys like tentacles.

If they do two Zygardes I have an idea for promo art work. They could have the two formes/Megas wrap around a rock in a fashion similar to Hermes' staff. I imagine one forme will look calm, soothing, or angelic like while the other one looks furious, angry, or even demon like as thus far every pair has gone that route (the first group are Venusaur, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Dialga, Reshiram and White Kyurem, and Xerneas. The second is Charizard, Lugia, Groudon, Palkia, Zekrom and Black Kyurem, and Yvetal). So chances are X's direct sequel/prequel if they go that route will be a calm Zygarde while Y's would be a more chaotic/furious looking Zygarde.

On the topic of Megas I think Deoxys could use a Mega. They could have it's Mega have only two formes and have Aegislash' ability to switch between them. The defensive one would have Defense Deoxys' bulky plus 33 to each defensive stat and 34 to speed (even though it probably would have little use for such speed boost, it's mostly so it won't be too broken), and offensive Deoxys will have the stats of Attack Deoxys combined with Speed Deoxys and maybe a little more of the balance of Normal Deoxys included in that one so it won't be too OP.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    It'd be cool if Zygarde had two more forms that could take down Xerneas and Yvetal (A rock and steel form preferably for me), that would also change Land's Wrath type.
    Don't know what could trigger the change in form though, perhaps something like key times called 'Land's Mineral' and 'Land's Metal' or something.
    Edit: Also, it'd be nice if we knew more about Zygarde's backstory. Seeing as with his ability he can reverse Xerneas' and Yveltal's abilities, perhaps all three of them feuded once like Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza.

Last edited:

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • …I don't know many people who would want a NN3DS just for Xenoblade Chronicles, more, and I nuanced system performance. …

Sorry; I didn't really mean for it to sound like Xenoblade Chronicles 3D is the only reason that I want a New Nintendo 3DS, I just meant that this game is the most visually impressive incentive that I've yet seen for getting one. Besides that, not having Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS reboot my entire system once I close it and getting tabs in the 3DS browser are also very good reasons for me to get an NN3DS. Now, back to speculation about the next Kalos games…(I wish I could think of something for us to talk about, but my mind seems to have drawn a blank!)
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I really doubt that the next game will be New 3DS exclusive (also Nintendo that is a stupid [?#!] name for it). …

I agree; they should have called it something like the 'Nintendo 3DS SP,' the 'Nintendo 3DSX,' the 'Nintendo 3DS Pro,' or the 'Nintendo 3DS+!'
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Maybe some visual enhancements (better colors?), or maybe the ability to change the angle manually. Those kind of enhancements are possible. Other than that I don't see much use for it. Now next Gen is a different issue, especially if the next region is as big as the Backpacker hyped it up to be (if that is the next region). Perhaps next Gen will have Colosseum or Battle Revolution like graphics.

Graphics like those used in Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness or, better yet, Battle Revolution would be amazing! I want this to happen!

Last edited:

Years
  • I think that Xerneas and Yvetal likely did battle it out. Or at least their powers came into conflict like how Groudon's land met Kyogre's sea and may have ended up similarly. Xerneas likely kept reviving things while Yvetal likely kept killing them off (imagine coming back to life only to die a few moments later). It would break the natural order which would upset Zygarde. So it would need to undo their reviving/killing to bring back order hence it's ability.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • Okay, there's some things I'd like to point out.

First of all, Junichi Masuda has already ruled out the possibility of sequels to X/Y, by saying: "Instead of doing a direct sequel to X/Y we're tying it together in some unique ways."

This means that we're not getting a direct sequel to X and Y. And looking at the two unused moves in the game, as well as the two placeholders in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire's coding definitely confirms that there will be two games released this year. Not just one, but two.

So what could this mean, hm? Well there's three different possibilities:

1. A prequel to Pokémon X and Pokémon Y in which is set in Kalos 2 years before the events in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. Possible names: "Pokémon X Zero and Pokémon Y Zero", "Pokémon New X and Pokémon New Y", "Pokémon ZX and Pokémon ZY".
    2. An upgrade of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, set in the same time as Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. Possible names: "Pokémon ZX and Pokémon ZY".
    3. A remake of either Generation I or Generation II, with Zygarde as the main legendary. Possible names: "Pokémon Zygarde Red and Pokémon Zygarde Green", "Pokémon Zygarde Red and Pokémon Zygarde Blue", "Pokémon Zygarde Gold and Pokémon Zygarde Silver".
    4. Set in a new region, with all the same Pokémon as in Generation VI, but with an entirely new storyline. Possible names: "Pokémon Arrow and Pokémon Wave", "Pokémon Arrow X and Pokémon Wave Y".

It's either one of those four possibilities. But it's a high chance we'll be getting Mega Chesnaut, Mega Delphox and Mega Greninja, as the new Mega Evolutions in the games. And there's also a possibility of the Mega Evolutions of the Johto starters as well. Mega Meganium, Mega Typhlosion, Mega Fereligator X, and Mega Fereligator Y.

And as for Zygarde, it's all too obvious that it will get two new formes in the game, not Mega Evolutions. Because Mega Evolutions don't change their moves. I'd definitely speculate for a Primal Zygarde X and Primal Zygarde Y, just as Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre had. Primal Zygarde X and Primal Zygarde Y would make more sense in this regard, since Thousand Arrows is similar to Xerneas's branch-like antlers, while Thousand Waves is similar to Yveltal's wave-like patterns. But honestly saying, it's very unlikely that there would be a fusion device, similar to what happened to Kyurem, that's why I'm saying that Primal formes are more likely, using special hold items to activate Zygarde's power. And if you think about it, Zygarde, Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza are the only Pokémon that were drained of their power and became weak, but we know all too well that Rayquaza only has a Mega Evolution, which then Zinnia taught Rayquaza Dragon Assent. But having said that, it could work with Mega Evolution taking place with Zygarde changing to either it's X Mega Evolution or Y Mega Evolution, then someone teaching it a new move, but that's highly unlikely though.

But that's pretty much where I say, that there is no "third version", since it won't be a standalone game, it will be two games released this year at the same time.

Also, there's a possibility that it will be enhanced for New Nintendo 3DS, but won't be exclusive. Just like how Generation V was enhanced for Nintendo DSi, but not exclusive. As such, playing on New Nintendo 3DS would improve frame rate and and allow stereoscopic 3D to be used everywhere, rather than restricted to a few areas. But playing on the original Nintendo 3DS will have slower frame rate and restricted stereoscopic 3D functionality.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    ^ I like the idea of a Red/Blue remake as long as it's Blue and not Green. Maybe a twist would be as another sequel to Generation 1. Same starters, but different mega stones and whatever else.

Years
  • Wait. He did rule out the sequel possibility? Guess that does leave us in tandem about what Zygarde's extra moves will be used for. But if we haven't gotten any Gen VI Mega Evolutions yet, then it doesn't leave me thinking we'll be getting them in the next round, I just have the feeling of that.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • I've always viewed ORAS as an "outlier" to the main series. The original RS were part of the original order, together with all of the other games up till XY. ORAS, on the other hand, seem to be situated in some sort of alternate dimension, where Wattson redesigned Mauville, Maxie/Archie took the correct orbs and evoked primal reversions (in RS they took opposite orbs) and mega evolutions seemed like a norm (Archie and Maxie already had them from the start, but Lysandre still needed your research).

If this guess is correct, I am predicting the "third version" of XY will fall in this alternate dimension. This third version will be events years after ORAS, happening in Kalos. Mega evolutions would be a lot more common and diverse, Lysandre could be more vicious and less of an 'acquaintance' and the champion might be actively involved.

I don't really see how a prequel or sequel can work out. If it's a prequel, Team Flare would probably be doing something less "dramatic" compared to XY. It can still happen, but I'm not expecting it. Sequels are even less likely, given that Lysandre died (in Y, not sure about X but I'll assume so) and Team Flare got disbanded.

Like other Gen VI games, I'm expecting Game Freak to use the same engine as XYORAS for these inevitable titles, and Gen VII on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Years
  • I've always viewed ORAS as an "outlier" to the main series. The original RS were part of the original order, together with all of the other games up till XY. ORAS, on the other hand, seem to be situated in some sort of alternate dimension, where Wattson redesigned Mauville, Maxie/Archie took the correct orbs and evoked primal reversions (in RS they took opposite orbs) and mega evolutions seemed like a norm (Archie and Maxie already had them from the start, but Lysandre still needed your research).

If this guess is correct, I am predicting the "third version" of XY will fall in this alternate dimension. This third version will be events years after ORAS, happening in Kalos. Mega evolutions would be a lot more common and diverse, Lysandre could be more vicious and less of an 'acquaintance' and the champion might be actively involved.

I don't really see how a prequel or sequel can work out. If it's a prequel, Team Flare would probably be doing something less "dramatic" compared to XY. It can still happen, but I'm not expecting it. Sequels are even less likely, given that Lysandre died (in Y, not sure about X but I'll assume so) and Team Flare got disbanded.

Like other Gen VI games, I'm expecting Game Freak to use the same engine as XYORAS for these inevitable titles, and Gen VII on the New Nintendo 3DS.
    I think the same thing in regards to the timeline.

Though someone (irc in Anistar) said another team came by Kalos a couple of years ago, so chances are there was another team (though some think it was Plasma) that were the main villains. So in terms of who's villain it'll be more similar to the Orre games (which saw an evil team replaced by another in the sequel Ex Gale of Darkness), except in reverse as it's a prequel.

There are more possibilities. Zygarde get's both of it's other signature moves in a third version or perhaps even a lone prequel(with the timeline branching out into X or Y), and it wouldn't be out of the ordinary as Reshiram and Zekrom both have two signature moves in one form. Then the other game could be either a Blue or Yellow remake, or even a remake of Emerald released at the same time.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I think the same thing in regards to the timeline.

Though someone (irc in Anistar) said another team came by Kalos a couple of years ago, so chances are there was another team (though some think it was Plasma) that were the main villains. So in terms of who's villain it'll be more similar to the Orre games (which saw an evil team replaced by another in the sequel Ex Gale of Darkness), except in reverse as it's a prequel.

There are more possibilities. Zygarde get's both of it's other signature moves in a third version or perhaps even a lone prequel(with the timeline branching out into X or Y), and it wouldn't be out of the ordinary as Reshiram and Zekrom both have two signature moves in one form. Then the other game could be either a Blue or Yellow remake, or even a remake of Emerald released at the same time.

I doubt that Emerald remake is gonna happen..
    Also, I think that Blue/Yellow remakes r totally waste of time.. but that's just my opinion I guess.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I find it highly unlikely we'll get another pair of games this gen, as usually we only have two pairs of games each gen. But, maybe we can get two third versions (Z and Delta Emerald), since that technically wouldn't be two paired games.
    Also, I nearly forgot about Zyagrde's other two signature moves found in XY (Thousand Waves and Thousand Arrows). Perhaps when Zygarde changes form, the move Land's Wrath changes to either one of those moves depending on it's form it changed to.

I find it highly unlikely we'll get another pair of games this gen, as usually we only have two pairs of games each gen. But, maybe we can get two third versions (Z and Delta Emerald), since that technically wouldn't be two paired games.
    Also, I nearly forgot about Zyagrde's other two signature moves found in XY (Thousand Waves and Thousand Arrows). Perhaps when Zygarde changes form, the move Land's Wrath changes to either one of those moves depending on it's form it changed to.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I don't think that we'll get third versions, just release a Battle Frontier side-game on the Wii U and 3DS this year which can be used with X/Y/OR/AS and future Gen VII games. I think that them hinting at it with the Battle Resort definitely means something.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back