• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Apply for a Get-Together 14 Event now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
  • Name of the event: Poke20 Challenge
    Description of the event, including running times: Entirety of GT. In similar fashion to previous GTs, there would be a Pokemon Challenge of a smaller scale specifically designed to be played in the GT timeframe. I am considering adding an element of competition based on generations or regions, the idea is still being developed.
    Other person(s) running the event: None needed.

Name of the event: Bug Catching Contest
    Description of the event, including running times: 11 days for competition, 3 days judging/scoring. Players compete in Johto's greatest past time to try and catch the best bug type Pokemon they can.
    Other person(s) running the event: None yet but I'd welcome a partner.

Years
  • Name of the event: Alola Migration
    Description of the event, including running times: Runs entire event, 10 days to create and rest to vote/show results.
    Just like Shellos have different coats depending on what part of their region they are in, imagine if older generation pokemon lived in Alola long enough to develop a distinct look! Participants are tasked with reimagining a 1 - 6 gen pokemon species as if they had lived in Alola for 100s of years. A blend of old and new! : )
    Entrants can use traditional, digital, or pixel art. Obviously doesn't work with photography.
    Other person(s) running the event: fairy

250px-422Shellos.png

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Name of the event: 20 Years In the Wild/ Pokemon Snap [Name still in progress]
    Description of the event, including running times: Pokemon Photography event (Runs for 10 Days):
    Participants are challenged with taking photos and combine them with Pokemon images/ sprites to create Pokemon Snap/ GO-like photography. Entries will be judged based on photo quality, edit quality, uniqueness of idea etc.
    Other person(s) running the event: Nina & Forever

Examples:
    ykQhiWc.png
    gTXmw7n.png

Spoiler:

Last edited:

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
  • Name: Pokemon Anniversary Showdown (Might change it to a better name if I can think of one, but I'm pretty satisfied with this.)
    Description: A Pokemon battling tournament with a point system like in previous Get-Togethers. Run time will be the entire two weeks. Players earn points for each battle won. Random formats grant less points than formats that require teams. 1v1 formats grant even less. I was thinking of doing a generation theme where players can use ~4 Pokemon from the specified gen to earn extra points. Gen 1 would last 4 days and the rest would last 2 days each. I'll make some gen-specific Random formats too, which will also give players extra points for winning.
    Co-hosts: N/A

Can I help? Been quite a while, Wolf.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Name: Battle Server's Community Weekend
    Description: Similar to previous Community Weekends, this event is a get-together held on the battle server with lots of tournaments, Cards Against Humanity, iSketch, etc. This will be the first Community Weekend to run during a Get-Together. Running time will be July 8th to 10th, so it'll be a kickstarter event.

Name: Team-Building Competition
    Description: Same as this event, but with a focus on celebrating Pokemon's 20th anniversary. The host will offer a core of 2 Pokemon, one from gen 1 and one from gen 6 (or possibly a different gen). Participants can post a team that they made using the available core, and near the end of the Get-Together the hosts/judges will decide on the best team. Running time will be for the entire Get-Together, and team submissions will most likely close on the last 2-3 days to make time for judging.
    Co-hosts: N/A (will ask some people for help on this, needs more judges)

Name: Improve-a-Pokemon
    Description: The community will vote on a gen 1 Pokemon to improve (e.g. edit its typing, stats, and ability). Basically it will have the same process as Make-a-Mega but shorter. Running time will be for the entire Get-Together, as this event will need all the time it can get. As a sidenote, it'd be really cool if this gets finished a few days before the GT does, then I could implement the new and improved Pokemon on the server for use in the main tournament. Unfortunately, it'll probably need the whole two weeks.
    Can I help? Been quite a while, Wolf.
    Sure!

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Only a few days left for submissions, guys!

Also:

Name: Small Writing Competition
    Description: What it says on the tin! A prompt will be created, and entrants need to create a story (one-shot) based on said prompt. This event has happened for many GTs now, it ought to be back again. May have a Pokemon-related prompt for the occasion.
    Co-hosts: Less co-hosts, more judges that will be required. Will be on that.

Years
  • Only a few days left for submissions, guys!

Also:

Name: Small Writing Competition
    Description: What it says on the tin! A prompt will be created, and entrants need to create a story (one-shot) based on said prompt. This event has happened for many GTs now, it ought to be back again. May have a Pokemon-related prompt for the occasion.
    Co-hosts: Less co-hosts, more judges that will be required. Will be on that.

I always sign up for this but never manage to write anything, if you'll have me I'd love to help judge though.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • overwatch-heroes.jpg

Name: PC Overwatch event!

Description: Got Overwatch, but looking for players to play with? Look no further! Come join our first annual PokeCommunity Overwatch meetup! Meet up with other players and play against each other or with each other. There will be separate groups for PC gamers as well as console gamers since we both can't play with each other....yet. This event will probably run throughout the whole time.

Co-Hosts: For this event, since there will be two separate groups, I will be needing at least two hosts for this one. At least one for Console.

Also, if there's going to be a skype event this year, let me know and maybe I can pitch in to help out. :)

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Name: World Duel Carnival ~ Yu-Gi-Oh! Dueling Fest

Running Time: The entirety of the Get-Together, if possible!

Description: Throughout this event, participants can freely challenge each other to a Yu-Gi-Oh match (via YGOPro), and gain points each time they win. There are no restrictions to who you can challenge or when you must duel, but anyone is allowed to decline a challenge if need be. Participants should report the outcome of all their matches to keep the scores moving. The person with the most points at the end of this event will be the winner, though tiebreaker rounds may be carried out if necessary. (Basically, it'll be like this event, but hopefully with better CSS! xD)

Co-Hosts: N/A

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • More Pokemon themed events are also encouraged btw. This could include stuff like challenge playthroughs of sidegames, contests based on minigames (e.g. Bug Catching competition), etc.

Years
  • Since I had so much fun doing this for myself and think it could be a fun GT event

Name: The Wonder Trade Challenge
    Description: The idea is simple enough, complete the main storyline of X/Y or ORAS using only a team of Pokemon from wonder trade. Images or whatnot can go into the thread to catalogue the players' progress.
    Co-hosts: None

Years
  • Name: 20th Anniversary Pokemon TCG Tournament
    Description: A Pokemon TCG tournament hosted through some online platform. Likely using the TCGO, just looking to see if a couple alternatives are easier to use or not.
    Co-hosts: None

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • overwatch-heroes.jpg

Name: PC Overwatch event!

Description: Got Overwatch, but looking for players to play with? Look no further! Come join our first annual PokeCommunity Overwatch meetup! Meet up with other players and play against each other or with each other. There will be separate groups for PC gamers as well as console gamers since we both can't play with each other....yet. This event will probably run throughout the whole time.

Co-Hosts: For this event, since there will be two separate groups, I will be needing at least two hosts for this one. At least one for Console.

Also, if there's going to be a skype event this year, let me know and maybe I can pitch in to help out. :)

Im all over helping you organise for the pc if you need it, however I do want to take part as well, if that would be alright :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back