• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sun & Moon Anime speculation and expectation!

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Just tell me what you want in Pokemon Sun & Moon Anime .

I want --

--1) Ash won Kalos league and went to new region to compete in Pokemon world Tournament

--2) Contest come back and May/Dawn rejoin Ash

--3) Clembot join Ash

--4) New main girl become Ash's rival.

--5) Paul returns along with a new rival who's stronger then Paul.

--6) Ash catches a mystical pokemon and gigantic pokemon.

--7) All previous character start reappearing as a recurring Character. Its include Brock and Misty who will often appear as a recurring character.

--8) In case May come back , Advanceshipping become Canon .

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 20, 2016
All of this wont happen. And we all know that ash wont win any league until the anime producers start making ash more focused on evolving his pokemon but still maintaining his friendships with them, he has started more special training which is good but still wont happen. Also old characters wont come back and rejoin Ash because "they have started on their own paths" which means they will see each other again but only for short amounts of time. Plus I want ash to start ageing and for the anime to tie in ash and red down the track hopefully when red has become pokemon champion and when ash gets his behind into gear and makes it to the level to challenge the champion. But it just wont happen. It would be nice if these things could happen but it is highly unlikely, next to impossible that anything like this would ever be done in the anime series. But hey.. We can dream....

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
I would have liked thag Ash would be 16 years old (he looks 15 to me actually) and that "Ash is a 10 years old boy" would be announced to be a dub error but that will not happen.

I see Ash getting 2 starters as a remake to the Sinnoh series just like Unova eas a remake to the Kanto and Johto series and Kalos was a remake to the Hoenn series.

When the games will be released I will see who seems to be the youngest Gym leader because he will probably join Ash as a companion.

Also Ash probably gets again the first bird of the new generation pokedex.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
What I want depends if Sun and Moon takes place in the southern parts of Kalos as speculated. If that happens, then expect Ash to either rotate his team ala Best Wishes or replaced them ala Johto Journeys with SM Pokémon (I suspect the grass starter to fill in that sixth slot, whereas Hawlucha, Talonflame, and Noivern are on the verge of being replaced). I would ask for the latter, because Ash's team has too many Flying types, which puts him at a disadvantage against Electric types. I also want Serena's hair to grow back again during SM, but because the anime takes place within a span of 1 year, that's not gonna happen.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
All of this wont happen. And we all know that ash wont win any league until the anime producers start making ash more focused on evolving his pokemon but still maintaining his friendships with them, he has started more special training which is good but still wont happen. Also old characters wont come back and rejoin Ash because "they have started on their own paths" which means they will see each other again but only for short amounts of time. Plus I want ash to start ageing and for the anime to tie in ash and red down the track hopefully when red has become pokemon champion and when ash gets his behind into gear and makes it to the level to challenge the champion. But it just wont happen. It would be nice if these things could happen but it is highly unlikely, next to impossible that anything like this would ever be done in the anime series. But hey.. We can dream....

If Producer/Writer/Director of pokemon Anime is as Professional and good as I think then They probably realized that they overused the same League concept too many time.
If They can't afford to replace Ash & Pikachu then They could at least change the concept !
Instate of going to a region to do the same thing Ash did in previous series , Writer can send him to new region with a new goal.
For example -

-- Catching all New pokemon for Prof Oak research

--Finding Ash's father who went missing in the new region.

How about Ash goes to new region for this ?
Furthermore , The series need to create more bizarre , weird and Funny character in pokemon Sun & Moon! Seriously , The character from Original series were as bizarre as the character from Ranma 1/2.
Example : Gary Oak! He was a 10 year old arrogant Boy who travel with a group of cheerleader and Drive a Ferrari.
Can you even imagine how bizarre that is ?
He's was just a 10 year old boy who had his own cheerleader quad that follows him around and he traveled the entire kento region in a Ferrari.
Do you know how expensive A Ferrari is ? Most people can't afford it even if they work in their entire life and Gary was driving it at the age of 10.
We need more bizarre character like that.
Here is an idea --
A new recurring girl who's obsessed with Ash and openly express her feeling which freak Ash out! She even tries to use underhand method to force Ash into loving her.
Basically , A more aggressive version of Melody.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
I would like for Ash and Pikachu to not be reset to noob status, for his current companions to not just vanish off the face of the earth, for his Greninja to not be hyped up and then replaced with something else, and for him actually get somewhere. Or for the anime to focus on someone else.

I don't have faith in these things happening.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
--- I want to see Ash from Orange Island in Pokemon Sun & Moon.

--- I want Contest to come back with May/Dawn rejoining Ash.

---I want Ash to get a Real Keystone and start megevolving pokemon.,

--- I want all previous character to reappear in the series.

---I want a lot Bizarre character doing bizarre thing .

---I want Pokemon Sun & Moon to follow a new concept.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Assuming there IS a Sun and Moon Anime (which, given the bad ratings, box office receipts, and merchandising of the XY anime, plus the competition it's facing against Yokai Watch, it would be a miracle if it even GETS an anime instead of cancelling it outright), I'd expect Ash, Misty, and Brock to be reunited for an entire year (since next year is the 20th anniversary of the Anime, and I'm pretty sure they will need to focus on the original trio for such a milestone). Beyond that, if Ash loses a league, hopefully he actually WINS this league. I'm pretty sure Serena will get the boot even if Kalos is revealed to be a new region. If Best Wishes being an advertised fresh start/clean slate for the anime wasn't enough to spare Iris from being axed at the ending of the series, I don't expect Serena to be kept on.

Not all Pokémon stuff get anime series of their own. Crystal didn't, neither did HGSS, nor Pokémon Ranger or even Mystery Dungeon. And besides, not all franchises need shows to survive. Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Mega Man, and Sonic most certainly didn't, outliving their shows by quite a margin.

Years
I doubt cancelling the Pokemon anime would be a thing, considering it and the games are used to sell tons of merchandise, and coupled with the huge sales figures the games tend to get, it allows Game Freak to make tons of money. If they wanted to cancel the anime after Kalos, they may as well have Ash win the Kalos League to signify the end of his journey.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
I doubt cancelling the Pokemon anime would be a thing, considering it and the games are used to sell tons of merchandise, and coupled with the huge sales figures the games tend to get, it allows Game Freak to make tons of money. If they wanted to cancel the anime after Kalos, they may as well have Ash win the Kalos League to signify the end of his journey.

In all fairness, the shows for Mario, Zelda, Mega Man, Sonic, and Donkey Kong were mostly meant to promote the games, yet the game franchises were not affected one bit once those shows bit the dust (and Mario took the longest). If they could survive without their shows providing them with a steady source of income anymore, Pokémon most certainly can. Besides, do you really think the Anime can continue when, if IrregularHunterZ is to be believed, even the merchandising sales were poor in XY? Merchandising's essentially the lifeblood of Japanese shows, moreso than even ratings, and if their sales truly are as bad as he claimed them to be, there's definitely no way they can continue on regarding the Anime.

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
I also doubt that the Anime will be cancelled. It had such a long run that it will not happening just like that. If it happens I'm sure we will get a better ending than Ash winning against a champion in an official battle.

I would really like to see an ending with a final showdown of Ash against Giovanni with Pikachu on accident evolving into Raichu and saving the world.

Also in Sun and Moon I don't want Ash to have all three starters or even two, one is enough even though I believe this series will be a remake of the Sinnoh series.

Years
If the XY merchandise hasn't been selling as well as previous generations, then maybe I'd like to see Ash's journey end and then have an entire reboot for the 7th Gen anime with a new protagonist. Besides, I think the writers just need to make huge amounts of improvement if they don't want to be defeated by the serious competitor that is Yo-Kai Watch.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
A question none of us asking -
What will happen to Ash-Greninja in Pokemon Sun & Moon ?
Will Ash leave it at home ? Or he will take it to new region ? Will he Ash-evolve another pokemon in Greninja's place ?
After all , Ash-Greninja is just an excuse to make sure Ash doesn't get a Keystone but Shota gets one.
Because , I don't see anything that make Ash & Greninja bond more special then his other pokemon !
Forget Pikachu , Ash's bond with Infernape in far greater then anything Greninja did.
At least , Infernape has better excuse for Ash-Evolution! It can use its Blaze energy as a excuse to evolve further. After all , Monferno did use his Blaze energy to evolve into Infernape.
I believe Ash-Infernape should has the ability to manipulate Cosmic Flame and he should have a Ring behind his back.
Like this-
Spoiler:

That way he would look as divine as the Monkey King.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
I doubt cancelling anime is an option. What may be an option is reboot of anime without Ash, but even about that I doubt at this time. However, I can imagine Ash winning Kalos League and going to new region not to battling on Gyms again, but instead preparing for his battles with Elite 4 and Champion, getting the title at the end of the new series. Ash's place in battling Gym Leaders will be taken by new character, most likely based on Moon/Sun main character, who will recognize Ash and ask him to join him/her and help him/her on his/her journey. With that, writers could start to build to Ash's definite leave and for that new character to eventually take his place.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019

Maybe , They can change The concept !
Turning Pokemon into a multi-protagonist anime like Digimon or PokeSpe where Ash join with other Main characters of the game to fight an Evil Organization.
Imagine a Series with Ash , May , Ethan , Hilbert , Rosa and SM Protagonist clashing with the evil Organization.

FYI : I not saying that they should all travel together .

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
I doubt they will replace Ash. Replacing Ash means replacing Pikachu with another Pokémon and that will never happen due Pikachu being the Shows and franchises Mascot.

Also even if they replace the character, the formula would be still the same... Catching only a handfull of Pokémon winning badges competing in the league and not winning it.

Also I would also use Ash being 10 years old as an excuse for him not to be replaced but since that was only said in the dub it shouldn't be taken seriously.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
If you mean the line at the beginning of BW, then sorry, but that was there even in Japanese version, it wasn't dub added line. But I don't see how that makes Ash unreplacable.

And even Pikachu is replacable, if writers did it right and chose the right Pokémon to replace him. Or they even may give Ash's replacement Pikachu too, with diferent personality, maybe female, this time. But I really hope they will not go this way, since it would've felt a little cheap and I honestly think it's time for Pokémon franchise to move from Gen I mascot already.

And Pokémon is about battling and collecting Gym Badges. There's not much anime writers could do with that, unless they want to replace character every generation, like Digimon did.

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
The reason why Ash stays 10 years is because so he can be the main character for the entire series. If Ash would get older he would be in an age were the target audience (kids) couldn't identity with him anymore so they keep him in the same age to continue the series with him.

Also Ashs Pikachu is the Mascot in the series and switching it after 20 yeara... would be considered to risky for the writers.

And I know that it is about catching and getting badges, but what I am trying to say is that changing the protagonist will not make much if there is not a change of something else. I don't mind this formula to continue though.

Back