• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    pikastorm people in america and in england will be playing in that case which means that theyll be at least 6 hours difference

You'd be surprised at how many people actually know English in the world, and are not from a native english speaking country. ( My mother for example, was born in the Netherlands, and speaks english well )

mini poliwag

JUGLEFV Ultra Trainer
    Years
  • yeah chatots right and wat i meant was that pikastorm thought only one timezone would speak english.

oh and by the way most people in the netherlands speak english very well and actually sound like they have an english accent. i was in a caravan next to some once and they told us that most spoke english at a young age because they wanted to understand all the best films which mostly came from the uk and america and also because it is very useful.

Last edited:

Pika Storm

learning to script
    Years
  • that is actually not what I meant mini poliwag, I meant that if everyone in the world spoke english, a world tournament would be 3:00 in some places, midnight in other places, and 9:00 in other places, which would give some players the advantage of being active and others a disadvantage of being groggy, and others a disadvantage of being practically asleep. True, english is spoken almost everywhere, but it is spoken alot more in some places than others, I hope you see my point, it was an easy misinterpretation

Atomic Reactor

how does being tired effect your gameplay skill?
    it doesn't take to much to press a button or two.
    We would probably have to have it based on time zones.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    minipoliwag: not the place to ask.

how does being tired effect your gameplay skill?

Or, given in advance, people would know when the tournament was going to take place, giving them time to prepare to stay awake/wake up early.

Honeslty, if they aren't online and logged in in time for the tournament, they're disqualified and whoever was supposed to battle them wins, its like that for every tournament.

Atomic Reactor

hmmm very good poin t. that's probably how the tournament would go.
    But you would have to atleast try to base it on timezones.
    or.. maybethe 2 combatents could decide when to battle?
    like maybe one person has to work, then they can schedule around it.
    That would probably be the best way.
    and they have a week tio complete it maybe?

Pika Storm

learning to script
    Years
  • how does being tired effect your gameplay skill?

It is a known fact that when humans are in need of rest, they don't think very good, that's why we feel tired so that we know that we need rest. And if you are impared from lack of rest, you might make a bad descision, like use ember on a squirtle, or thunderbolt on a geodude, ya get what I mean

Atomic Reactor

seriously, i dont think your tiredness will effect gameplay in pokemon.

Pika Storm

learning to script
    Years
  • I do, and alot of other people do, go to youtube and look up "Marriland owning peeps", one dude tried using thunderwave on a garchimp, and I have won alot of battles over wifi because of my oponent's really stupid moves. I later found out that because of the time differences, that it was midnight for them.

Years
  • Alright people, stop posting in this thread if you're going to discuss things not related to this game. You were already told to once.
    This is your final warning, anyone posting here off-topic again will receive an infraction.

mini poliwag

JUGLEFV Ultra Trainer
    Years
  • yeah but were only talkin about that because were talkin about if we'll be able to include tournaments in the game and time zones that would effect wen people sleep if we included it.

were having a debate or a meeting sort of.

god i rekon well all get infracted if we try to say one single thing.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • You know discussing time zones is actualyl incredibly relevant considering this is an online game.

Also there are countries other than America and Britain that use English as their first language. *coughAustraliacough*

Years
  • yeah but were only talkin about that because were talkin about if we'll be able to include tournaments in the game and time zones that would effect wen people sleep if we included it.

were having a debate or a meeting sort of.

god i rekon well all get infracted if we try to say one single thing.

I recommend you not try to argue with the mods, because they will win.

Koybito

Pokemon Pirate.
    Years
  • Whew, good thing I showed up now, I try not to get caught in firefights.

Anywayz; here's another idea I was playing with, job system anyone? Yes, woah, snap, I know; it's a really big system that would take a lot of effort to polish and get down right, but I think it would be nice to have a more... Realistic way of snatching the green without having to shake down 10 year olds for their lunch money after every battle.

I mean, it's not like they have that much to spend anyway, and I think it would add a little more depth to the game. Not like this title needs much more depth than it already has, but I just thought it would be another feature that would definitely tear the game away from the box that other Pokemon titles have built around themselves. And that's always a nifty idea. <3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back