• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    Gogoat pre-evo was very expected. Not much to say about it, although I guess it's cute.

Dedanne looks very stupid in my opinion. I thought it was fan art at first. I was never on the bandwagon for hating on "Pikachu knock-offs" like Pachirisu, Emolga because I thought they were cute and fun Pokemon. But this thing is just horrible..

Lastly Horubbi. It looks cute and reminds me of Alice and Wonderland for some reason. Maybe it'll become Normal/Ground as it's called the digging pokemon. He might actually be the early Pokemon I seek out to catch, assuming he is in the starter area.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I still don't know where I stand with these. I'm mostly laughing at a lot of the reactions. Personally I don't like them right now, Blaziken gets a needless boost, Lucario too.
    Yet you wanted a Snorlax evolution back at the pre-evo/evo thread, which, like Blaziken and Lucario's Mega Formes, is also needless boost.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I actually think they look cool. Mawhile's "dress" reminds me of Iris' though...
    I hope that the other starters (or at least the other Hoenn starters), including Fennekin and co. get Mega stages as well. Sceptile could get Grass/Dragon :3
    Also the Ampharos Mega's typing reminds me of a dream I had of it evolving into a Electric/Dragon...

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Pokexperto leaked Dedenne and Horubii awhile ago; so that means that the other 12 Pokemon on their list are real, too.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I literally face pawned when I saw the little Raichu. I have liked most of the little rodents, but this one... they could have at least changed the color so it wasn't so similar to Raichu. I do like that it is a Fairy though.

The other two seem fine. I do like that we finally got another real rabbit.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Yet you wanted a Snorlax evolution back at the pre-evo/evo thread, which, like Blaziken and Lucario's Mega Formes, is also needless boost.

Snorlax isn't as broken as Blaziken and Lucario. Glad to see you still have your panties are knotted up. Lets try not to pick fights k?

I also said in there that Gamefreak will add evolutions to what they want, and here is proof that they do exactly that. Yes I still would like a Snorlax evolution. Its no where as needless as adding to two Pokemon who are both highly used in the meta games, both fan meta and official Nintendo Meta.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
  • The Gogoat pre-evolution was pretty much expected. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who saw two of them in one of the older trailers.

The "Pikachu-clone" Pokemon is awesome compared to the past ones. Electric/Fairy, too. I'd say this is a one-stager.

The rabbit is pretty basic. I don't have much to say about it yet, but I like it.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Dedenne has a striking resemblance to Raichu which is a good thing, I think it is cute! The Go-Goat pre-evolution was obviously expected but I do like the design and then Horubii is a Real Rabbit Pokémon that looks pretty awesome!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • If Ampharos doesn't become Electric/Dragon I will be so done. I'm pretty sure its name literally means Electric Dragon so...

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I actually think they look cool. Mawhile's "dress" reminds me of Iris' though...
    I hope that the other starters (or at least the other Hoenn starters), including Fennekin and co. get Mega stages as well. Sceptile could get Grass/Dragon :3
    Also the Ampharos Mega's typing reminds me of a dream I had of it evolving into a Electric/Dragon...

Ampharos only has one type written next to it, so its still just electric.

This was from PokéJungle who usually provide a reliable and detail analysis on the Scans.

They also get/give a lot of false info. If no other site has posted it I can't see any of it as true. At least three sites need to post it for it to at least seem credible when it comes to translating.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    The Gogoat prevolution and the Rabbit are actually cute and well designed. I don't even mind fairy/eletric pikaclone too much actually as it looks okay.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Pokexperto leaked Dedenne and Horubii awhile ago; so that means that the other 12 Pokemon on their list are real, too.

I think the main reason he did not include them is because we do not know if they are just forms or evolutions. They called Mewtwo form a new pokemon, but then said ti was a form.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • So why do people seem to have the idea that these will be the only Mega formes?
    I know, it's not like just because these are the first ones we see doesn't mean they are the only ones.

I wonder if any other legends will be getting Mega evolutions...Imagine MegaArceus...one thousand arms that it's dex entry was referring to?

I'm thinking these mega stages have to do with both the item mentioned and the bond system. It'll be a good use of it. Especially since the first trailer said something about making our pokemon stronger with our bonds or something along those lines (it's been awhile since I've seen it).

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2016
    I hope there will be an IV/EV checker implemented in X/Y and the only Pokemon that will be able to achieve their mega forms will be ones with perfect or near perfect IVs. It'll make more sense that way.

Back