• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
  • I finished breeding myself a new hunter recently. His name is Zer0 after the BL2 character, because all my mons in OR were named after BL characters. I actually had to breed it twice because I forgot that Hypnosis was not in Gallade's level up set and evolved one before I was ready.

Years
  • So, since last time I finally got the Ralts I needed, albeit actually catching two of opposite genders. Decided to keep the female one since she had a more Gardevoir-suitable nature than the male.

Also, Wurmple evolved twice to become the first fully-evolved member of the team, and I also got myself my next main player in Shroomish. I actually caught two, the first one I ended up releasing due to a terrible nature but I kept the second one, who has a more beneficial nature. I also easily took down a Team Aqua grunt and saved the Devon researcher in the Petalburg Woods shortly after getting the Shroomish.

Going to be training on Route 116 in preparation for the Rustboro Gym.

Travel Journal

Mudkip ♂
    Level 12
    Mild nature
    Torrent
    Capable of taking hits
    Moves:
    - Tackle
    - Growl
    - Water Gun
    - Mud-Slap

Travel Journal

Shroomish ♀
    Level 11
    Naughty nature
    Poison Heal
    Capable of taking hits
    Moves:
    - Absorb
    - Tackle
    - Stun Spore
    - Leech Seed

Travel Journal

Ralts ♀
    Level 10
    Brave nature
    Trace
    Likes to fight
    Moves:
    - Growl
    - Confusion
    - Double Team
    - Teleport

Travel Journal

Beautifly ♀
    Level 10
    Serious nature
    Swarm
    Quick tempered
    Moves:
    - Tackle
    - String Shot
    - Poison Sting
    - Gust

Travel Journal

Zigzagoon ♀
    Level 7
    Naive nature
    Gluttony
    Strongly defiant
    Moves:
    - Tackle
    - Growl
    - Tail Whip
    - Sand Attack

Travel Journal

Poochyena ♂
    Level 9
    Hasty nature
    Run Away
    Strong willed
    Moves:
    - Fire Fang
    - Howl
    - Sand Attack

Will_FFC

Umbreon Lover!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2015
    So in Hoenn (Once again) starting a brand new adventure.

I opted to choose Treeko after a Wild Poochyena attacked Prof. Birch, Treeko already knew absorb which is a great move to have at the beginning of the game. After finishing with the Pooch, Birch sent me to he lab to thank me for saving his bacon, to thank me he gave me the Treeko I save him with, I named him Gecko. Which I thought was a really handy name for him, he told me to meet May, his daughter to help her. As soon as I got there battle. Bring it on I thought, until I saw the pokemon she was using, Torchic. Already at an disadvantage I gave it a go. I won wasn't convincing though but it's a win. As I got back to Prof Birch I was given a Pkedex to help both May and the Prof. which I wasshocked about. As I told my mum I was on adveture she cried and gave me a hug, bless her. May caught up with me and she showed m something cool a pokemon was hiding in the grass, it was a Poochyena. I battled it hard until it used Thunder Fang. I was shocked it had that move but that didn't stop me from wanting it any more, I got it down to th red and I thew the pokeball, 1 wiggle, 2 wiggles 3 wiggles and I caught myself a Poochyena. Once I got to the Pokemon Centre with May I decided to save the game.

So at the moment my team is as follow:

Gecko (Treeko) Lvl 7
    Pep (Poochyena) w/ Thunder Fang)

Years
  • Since the last entry, I beat Roxanne, Brawly and Wattson in quick succession and also had a ton of evolutions and new captures since then. Pretty easy to sum up the fact choosing Mudkip means total easy mode with this game.

I have also been training my newest team member, Numel up thanks to rematching some of the trainers, and I've also been taking time off by doing more contests, including a really nice showing in a Tough Contest with my Marshtomp. Places I'm going to explore next are Fiery Path, Mt. Chimney and Lavaridge Town.

Travel Journal

Marshtomp ♂
    Level 30
    Mild nature
    Torrent
    Capable of taking hits
    Moves:
    - Water Pledge
    - Mud Shot
    - Mud Bomb
    - Rock Slide

Travel Journal

Breloom ♀
    Level 30
    Naughty nature
    Poison Heal
    Capable of taking hits
    Moves:
    - Mega Drain
    - Headbutt
    - Mach Punch
    - Force Palm

Travel Journal

Kirlia ♀
    Level 28
    Brave nature
    Trace
    Likes to fight
    Moves:
    - Confusion
    - Draining Kiss
    - Calm Mind
    - Magical Leaf

Travel Journal

Manectric ♀
    Level 27
    Lax nature
    Lightning Rod
    Takes plenty of siestas
    Moves:
    - Spark
    - Bite
    - Strength
    - Volt Switch

Travel Journal

Numel ♀
    Level 26
    Brave nature
    Oblivious
    Nods off a lot
    Moves:
    - Lava Plume
    - Earth Power
    - Strength
    - Flame Burst

Travel Journal

Linoone ♀
    Level 24
    Naive nature
    Gluttony
    Strongly defiant
    Moves:
    - Headbutt
    - Cut
    - Tail Whip
    - Rock Smash

Two of them are also holding items. Numel has the Quick Claw and Manectric has the Manectite.

Galmar

Banned
    Years
  • Got Omega Ruby for Christmas today
    Current location: Dewford Town
    Badges: 1
    Team:

Level 16 Marshtomp (Tackle, Growl, Water Gun, Mud Shot)
    Level 14 Poochyena (Fire Fang, Howl, Sand Attack, Bite)
    Level 14 Nuzleaf (Beat Up, Flash, Growth, Razor Leaf)
    Level 12 Zubat (Leech Life, Supersonic, Astonish, Bite)

Years
  • So I won against Flannery in a very easy manner, got the Heat Badge and both Numel and Marshtomp evolved immediately afterwards, along with also grinding up a Swablu that was to be the final official member of the team. Before that, I had to battle both Shelly and Archie at Mt. Chimney which I won easily, and my Kirlia also evolved just before that.

Next I have to take on Norman, who I know is capable of wrecking with Retaliate so that's why I've been busy getting everyone's Amie affection maxed out (because maxed affection increases chances of critical hits and sometimes even dodging an attack) and I also defeated all the regular trainers in the Gym (those Ace Trainers who abuse X Items) to get extra experience. Breloom will likely be my star in the battle against Norman, but Swampert should help back her up.

Travel Journal

Swampert ♂
    Level 37
    Mild nature
    Torrent
    Capable of taking hits
    Moves:
    - Water Pledge
    - Mud Shot
    - Bulldoze
    - Rock Slide

Travel Journal

Breloom ♀
    Level 36
    Naughty nature
    Poison Heal
    Capable of taking hits
    Moves:
    - Mega Drain
    - Headbutt
    - Mach Punch
    - Force Palm

Travel Journal

Gardevoir ♀
    Level 34
    Brave nature
    Trace
    Likes to fight
    Moves:
    - Psychic
    - Draining Kiss
    - Calm Mind
    - Magical Leaf

Travel Journal

Manectric ♀
    Level 34
    Lax nature
    Lightning Rod
    Takes plenty of siestas
    Moves:
    - Discharge
    - Bite
    - Strength
    - Volt Switch

Travel Journal

Camerupt ♀
    Level 34
    Brave nature
    Oblivious
    Nods off a lot
    Moves:
    - Flame Burst
    - Earth Power
    - Strength
    - Rock Slide

Travel Journal

Swablu ♀
    Level 33
    Careful nature
    Natural Cure
    Very finicky
    Moves:
    - Secret Power
    - Round
    - Aerial Ace
    - Safeguard

Years
  • my journey is officially over! i woud c+p my blog post here, but it's essentially a travel journal post made as a blog, so go look at it now. links in tha sig :]

i thoroughly enjoyed this game, and currently i am fighting may, which was a surprising end to the main storyline. o: We'll see how this goes!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • This one is going to be short and sweet.

I finally made it through Victory Road and battled Wally. The arena was stunning, really, and I pitted Mega Swampert vs. Mega Gallade just to make it more dynamic. And now, it's time to take on the League. In case anyone's wondering why Swampert leveled up more than the rest, it's because I was DexNav chaining Alomomola before it was time to take the League on.

Swampert, male, level 70
    Travel Journal

-Rock Slide
    -Dive
    -Earthquake
    -Waterfall
    Nature: Adamant

Metagross, level 60
    Travel Journal

-Earthquake
    -Meteor Mash
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Rock Smash

Gardevoir, male, level 60
    Travel Journal

-Moonblast
    -Psychic
    -Focus Blast
    -Flash
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Trace

Armaldo, male, level 60
    Travel Journal

-Cut
    -X-Scissor
    -Stone Edge
    -Dig
    Nature: Jolly

Latias, female, level 60
    Travel Journal

-Surf
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Psychic
    -Calm Mind
    Nature: Timid

Kyogre, level 60
    Travel Journal

-Strength
    -Thunder
    -Ice Beam
    -Origin Pulse

Will_FFC

Umbreon Lover!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2015
    Good Afternoon one and all.

At the moment I'm at Mauville, just this moment defeated Wattson, with Iron Head and Pep.

The team I've got no is this:

:t253: (Gecko)
    Lvl: 25
    Leaf Blade, Mega Absrb, Leer, Quick Attack

:t304: (Iron Head)
    Lvl:20
    Bulldoze, Rock Tomb, Headbutt, Metal Claw

:t375:
    Lvl: 23
    Hold Back, Iron Head, Zen Headbutt, Confusion.

:t267:
    Lvl: 24
    Air Cutter, Stun Spore, Poison Sting, Mega Drain.

:t072: (Liquo)
    Lvl: 15
    Poison Sting, Acid, Cut, Constrict

:t262: (Pep)
    Lvl: 23
    Thunder Fang, Snarl, Swagger, Bite.

I'm most likely to replace Beautifly the further I get into he team with a proper flying type.

Galmar

Banned
    Years
  • Just beat Team Magma at Slateport

Gym Badges- 2
    Team:
    Level 16 Zubat (Wing Attack, Supersonic, Steel Wing, Bite)
    Level 15 Beldum from Mystery Gift (Hold Back, Iron Head, Zen Headbutt, Iron Defense)
    Level 17 Poochyena (Fire Fang, Howl, Sand Attack, Bite)
    Level 18 Nuzleaf (Beat Up, Flash, Growth, Razor Leaf)
    Level 19 Marshtomp (Tackle, Growl, Water Gun, Mud Shot)
    Level 20 Anorith from Pokémon Y (Rock Tomb, Cut, Water Gun, Metal Claw)

My team have Pokerus from a Shuppet I traded from Y.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • As of this afternoon, I beat the League.

Vs. Sidney, I led with Gardevoir. In the originals, this would've been a death sentence, but in the remakes, Gardevoir has the last laugh against Dark Pokemon thanks to its Fairy STAB. Even though half of my team was composed of Psychics, I still came out on top because of coverage moves and whatnot.

Vs. Phoebe, I couldn't find the ghost girl anywhere, but I must be not looking hard enough. Like Sidney, having a team half-full of Psychics seemed like a problem, but raw power eventually won out, despite Phoebe's boast of trying to damage her Pokemon.

Vs. Glacia, I couldn't resist making Frozen references. Going against her first Glalie was annoying because Gardevoir's Focus Blast missed and Glalie set up Light Screen. Wanting to conserve Focus Blast's PP, I used a Moonblast-Psychic combo as Glacia Full Restored Glalie to take it out. Originally, I wasn't going to use Latias for this match, but I ended up using it vs. the last Glalie.

Vs. Drake, he was a lot easier than in the originals. Swampert finally fulfilled its revenge against Altaria by Rock Sliding it instead of spamming a Water STAB.

Vs. Steven, I kept wondering why his Metagross didn't have Earthquake, like in the originals. I even put up my own Metagross against it just to make the match more dynamic. After defeating Steven, I was crowned champion. I then battled May in Route 103 and I'm glad that Game Freak gave you one more match against her instead of the final match being in Lilycove.

I'm about to start up the Delta Episode.

Team after Hall of Fame:

Swampert, male, level 71
    Travel Journal

-Rock Slide
    -Dive
    -Earthquake
    -Waterfall

Metagross, level 61
    Travel Journal

-Earthquake
    -Meteor Mash
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Rock Smash

Gardevoir, male, level 61
    Travel Journal

-Moonblast
    -Psychic
    -Focus Blast
    -Flash

Armaldo, male, level 61
    Travel Journal

-Cut
    -X-Scissor
    -Stone Edge
    -Dig

Latias, female, level 61
    Travel Journal

-Surf
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Psychic
    -Calm Mind

Kyogre, level 61
    Travel Journal

-Strength
    -Thunder
    -Ice Beam
    -Origin Pulse

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Okay so I'm a loser and already beat sapphire, but now I got ruby for christmas so I'm restarting in it!!

My team so far is

Grovyle (female) 17
    Ralts (female) 16
    Vulpix (female) 14

I just defeated Brawly and so I'm headed to Slateport. So it took me forever to get Vulpix through the gts, but I finally found a level 1 female so I went for it as soon as I had a Pokemon someone wanted for trade. I am so happy it has drought!!! Also a pretty good movepool already with heat wave and Extrasensory. Not to mention a nature that gives it high sp. attack.

Years
  • So I have been just having fun with contests at the moment and boy they are addicting! Just won a Cuteness contest with my Skitty (I caught him via DexNav and he has Mud Bomb in his moveset, which is interesting I guess) and also a Cleverness contest with Roselia.

I've also just been planting more berries so I can make more Pokeblocks for some Pokemon I might train specifically for contests, but we'll see. Maybe I might do more contests in the postgame, since the story is still top priority. I have to proceed through Route 119 (which I recall I can get a very convenient HM), but before I tackle that dreaded nature strip I might detour onto Route 123 because there's a nice TM I can pick up near the Berry Master's house. I probably mention all that happened when I get around to Fortree City.

Travel Journal

Swampert ♂
    Level 47
    Mild nature
    Torrent
    Capable of taking hits
    Moves:
    - Surf
    - Mud Shot
    - Bulldoze
    - Rock Slide

Travel Journal

Breloom ♀
    Level 45
    Naughty nature
    Poison Heal
    Capable of taking hits
    Moves:
    - Seed Bomb
    - Headbutt
    - Mach Punch
    - Sky Uppercut

Travel Journal

Gardevoir ♀
    Level 44
    Brave nature
    Trace
    Likes to fight
    Moves:
    - Psychic
    - Draining Kiss
    - Calm Mind
    - Magical Leaf

Travel Journal

Manectric ♀
    Level 45
    Lax nature
    Lightning Rod
    Takes plenty of siestas
    Moves:
    - Discharge
    - Overheat
    - Strength
    - Volt Switch

Travel Journal

Camerupt ♀
    Level 45
    Brave nature
    Magma Armor
    Nods off a lot
    Moves:
    - Flame Burst
    - Earth Power
    - Strength
    - Rock Slide

Travel Journal

Altaria ♀
    Level 46
    Careful nature
    Natural Cure
    Very finicky
    Moves:
    - Secret Power
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Aerial Ace
    - Cotton Guard

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I started nicely battling all trainers and exploring everything, but after beating Winona the route after Fortree was really annoying so I'm now trying to avoid as many trainers as possible. But it's okay because thanks to the new Exp. Share I am overleveled! I think.

So I am currently at Mt. Pyre and my team is Swampert lv 49, Breloom lv 43, Manectric lv 38 and Ninjask the HM slave. The other two slots are Kirlia and a Charizard I got from Wonder Trade, I keep switching them with other pokémon I like to level up until I decide on which two I want to keep.

And now I will take yet another break from Omega Ruby to return Mother Maiamai her lost children.

Travel Journal

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    The team:
    Spoiler:

Badges: 6
    Playtime: 28:29 hours
    Current Location: Lilycove City

Exploring more secrets of Hoenn and chasing Team Magma, the group ended up in Mt. Pyre. Using all their power to the fullest, even Mega Evolution didn't help to prevent Maxie from obtaining the Red Orb and escaping. And as if that was not enough, following him to Slateport City, Maxie again managed to make his escape, this time being able to steal a submarine.

Now that he finally got all what he needed, the party had to regroup in Lilycove City and discuss further steps into the whole matter. Are our heros able to stop Maxie from his evil deeds or is he going to succeed with his plan to release an ancient power that might put the whole world into imminent peril?
    We'll have to find out...next time!

I feel like my team's so overpowered, really. xD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I started the Delta Episode. I met Zinnia at home, then learned that my two in-game best friends (Wally and May) had their Key Stones stolen. I made my way to Rustboro and had Mr. Stone explain the Kalos war and learned that a meteor is headed for the world.

I went to Granite Cave to get a Meteor Shard for Steven and met Zinnia in the mural chamber. I trounced her easily and got the Meteor Shard I was looking for. After delivering it to Prof. Cozmo, Zinnia barged in and blatantly pointed out that the plan to stop the meteor would repeat what happened in the Kalos war. After going to Meteor Falls to get another Meteor Shard, I went back to Rustboro.

Current team:

Swampert, male, level 74
    Travel Journal

-Rock Slide
    -Dive
    -Earthquake
    -Waterfall

Metagross, level 62
    Travel Journal

-Earthquake
    -Meteor Mash
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Rock Smash

Gardevoir, male, level 62
    Travel Journal

-Moonblast
    -Psychic
    -Focus Blast
    -Flash

Armaldo, male, level 62
    Travel Journal

-Cut
    -X-Scissor
    -Stone Edge
    -Dig

Latias, female, level 62
    Travel Journal

-Surf
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Psychic
    -Calm Mind

Kyogre, level 62
    Travel Journal

-Strength
    -Thunder
    -Ice Beam
    -Origin Pulse

Last edited:

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2016
    Got Omega Ruy for Christmas, but still working on Alpha Sapphire at the moment. I caught a whopping 3 Skitty on Route 116, as well as witness my Silcoon evolving into a Beautifly. Upon entering Rusturf Tunnel, I encounter that Team Aqua Grunt from earlier, as well as a Male Whismur that I caught and nicknamed ".i.am". Retrieved the briefcase from the Grunt, and recieved a letter from Mr. Stone. Afterward, I meet a familiar face, as well as swinging around to get the Cut HM. Afterwards, I teleport to the Petalburg Pokemon Center and deposit my newly evolved Beautifly to pick up the Shiny Beldum from Mystery Gift. Unfortunately, I cannot nickname it. I catch 2 Zigzagoon on Route 104, and nicknamed 1 "Six Eggs". The one I did not nickname will be used as an HMs mon. Brawly was easy, spamming Desiree's Disarming Voice, despite being underleveled. En route to Granite Cave, a Fisherman battled me, saying he was unable to go to the washroom. After the battle, it felt like Desiree needed to go to the washroom. With no encounters in Granite Cave (dunno why though... the encounter rate must be slim or something, unless Trace lowers encounter rate...), I deliver the letter to Steven who repays me with the Steel Wing TM. The game continues...

To be continued.

To do list:
    -Defeat the Pokémon League
    -Complete the Hoenn Dex without any online trading.

Hoenn Dex: 15/211

Team:

Chic (Lv. 20 Combusken, Member)
    Desiree (Lv. 14 Ralts, Member)
    Urufu (Lv. 14 Poochyena)
    Toribuko (Lv. 16 Ralts)
    Muhashroom (Lv. 16 Shroomish)
    Beldum (Lv. 10, Event, can't nickname)

If you have any nicknames for any future catches, drop me a line. In can be via comment or PM.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I bought my OR copy yesterday! It was really late, but hell, I had christmas money to spare.

So I started my journey with a Mudkip and this game is starting to get nostalgic by the minute. Currently, I have a Marshtomp, Shroomish, and a Ralts, and I just defeated Roxanne a few minutes ago.

On another note, did anyone notice the Float Stone guy (Ace trainer or ranger I guess) becomes a Hiker after you get the Float Stone?

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I got Omega Ruby at christmas, played bits here and there, and so... this is where I am currently at now.

Granite Cave w/: Treecko, Whismur, Magikarp, Taillow, Ralts and Nincada (hm+flash). I have yet to beat Brawly and I am raising my Magikarp for now.

Surskit was removed due to very poor attack. It was doing 20% damage at best with a critical hit+super effective move.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back