• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I finally beat the Delta Episode today.

After saving the Devon scientist from the Aqua Grunts, I went to Mossdeep Space Center and watched as Matt brought the Aqua Grunt quintuplets with him. I followed them inside and the quintuplets confronted me in yet another trainer horde battle. It was a good thing I planned on battling with Kyogre next because all five of their Mightyena had Intimidate. Even though one of the quintuplets claimed that I cheated, she never took in account spread moves and special moves (Origin Pulse fulfills both criteria). After going upstairs, I watched Matt suffer a villainous breakdown, as he was frustrated that Archie's dream was never realized. I managed to snap some sense back into him with Steven.

After the battle, Zinnia came in and swiped Matt's Key Stone, then crushed the dimensional transporter that Cozmo and Steven were working on with her fist. I did understand that the meteor could doom another dimension, but that was just the wrong way to do things. Zinnia then left for the Aqua Hideout, with me in hot pursuit. After battling some more grunts, I found Zinnia in Archie's room and witnessed her steal the boss' Key Stone. She beckoned me to come to the Sky Pillar, while Archie and Shelly encouraged me to go after her. Steven contacted me and advised me to go to Sootopolis and meet with Wallace, so I did. After that, I went to the Sky Pillar and rematched Wallace in order for him to open the way to the Sky Pillar. It was interesting to note that Wallace used his Emerald team in that battle.

After entering the Pillar, Zinnia greeted me and told me the story of how Rayquaza quelled the battle between Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon. She told the story in segments as I made my way to the top. It's a good thing I didn't need the Acro Bike here, but the fact that some of the floors looked unsafe concerned me. Upon reaching the top, Zinnia told me about her childhood and how she lost Aster (not the Whismur standing next to her, mind you); after that, she apparently knocked me out and I had no idea why. She even owned up and apologized for the trouble she caused.

Then Zinnia got ready to summon Rayquaza and it worked. To her dismay, it wasn't able to Mega Evolve. The Meteorite in my bag glowed, and Rayquaza ate it; this gave it the energy needed for it to Mega Evolve. Zinnia asked me to challenge it, since I was the one it chose, not her. After around a dozen or so soft-resets, I managed to get a Naive Rayquaza with decent IVs. Zinnia taught it Dragon Ascent and challenged me to another battle to prove me worthy. I was tempted to use Rayquaza alone to sweep Zinnia, but I changed things up and used my other Pokemon. After defeating Zinnia, I suited up and flew up into space on Rayquaza. Rayquaza Mega Evolved and destroyed the meteor by flying straight into it.

Upon the meteor's destruction, a familiar triangle emerged and it did a similar pattern. Tentacles emerged and Deoxys was awakened. I didn't want to catch it because I didn't want to have to go through the entire process again if the Deoxys turned out not to have good IVs/nature. After barely enduring a Psycho Boost, Rayquaza KOed Deoxys with Dragon Ascent, ending the episode.

After returning to Earth, the Mossdeep scientists rejoiced, Zinnia left on her own journey, Steven considered giving up his Champion position and May and I enjoyed the Litleonids.

The end.

Or is it? After the Delta Episode, I picked up my Unova starter from Prof. Birch (Oshawott), explored the S.S. Tidal and looked around the Battle Resort. I didn't want to do anything there yet because there were some legendaries I had to catch. So far, I've caught Lugia (man, it was pretty hard to catch because I only had 20 turns to do so; it Struggled itself to death on my first attempt; luckily, a good-IVed one turned up on the third). Right now, I'm working on the Regis.

Swampert, male, level 76
    Travel Journal

-Rock Slide
    -Dive
    -Earthquake
    -Waterfall
    Nature: Adamant

Metagross, level 65
    Travel Journal

-Earthquake
    -Meteor Mash
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Rock Smash
    Nature: Adamant

Gardevoir, male, level 65
    Travel Journal

-Moonblast
    -Psychic
    -Focus Blast
    -Flash
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Trace

Armaldo, male, level 65
    Travel Journal

-Cut
    -X-Scissor
    -Stone Edge
    -Dig
    Nature: Jolly

Latias, female, level 66
    Travel Journal

-Surf
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Psychic
    -Calm Mind
    Nature: Timid

Kyogre, level 65
    Travel Journal

-Strength
    -Thunder
    -Ice Beam
    -Origin Pulse
    Nature: Modest

Last edited:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
    I just reached Mauville and oh my god, the changes are huge! I love everything it has to offer although I am really intrigued by the second floor.

Years
    Hi all,

I just got Pokémon Alpha Sapphire in the mail. Contrary to my Omega Ruby playthrough, I'll be logging every Gym Challenge, and beforehand I'll do my best to summarize what happened between each log entry
    So, let's get started. :)

The rules!
    Spoiler:

Introduction:

Spoiler:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal

I just recently trained a team up to early 70s and dove into the Elite Four rematch gauntlet. It went over rather well, and I only lost once lol. Drake tended to be a problem the first time around, because I lacked anything super effective against Dragon-types, unlike when I battled the E4 for the first time ever and I had a relatively fast Flygon with Dragon Rush. Also, Glacia's incredibly bulky Walrein and Ice Shard Mega Glalie were problematic the first time around, too, but once I added Clefable to my team and taught some additional moves to the rest of the team, such as Ice Fang to Sharpedo, the gauntlet became much easier and I stormed it the second time through. (Steven was a pushover yet again)

Both Manectric and Sharpedo hold their Mega Stones because they needed their particular abilities or boost in power/speed to be truly effective against certain E4 members. For instance, Mega Sharpedo's boosted Speed, Attack, and Tough Jaws allowed Ice Fang to decimate most of Drake's team, and Mega Manectric's Intimidate was a decent buff against the likes of Steven's Mega Metagross. In any case, I just wanted to try out Volcarona, plus having it on the team gave it a few free levels to get it closer to Level 100 where it'll be more comforting for me to fully EV train it for VGC15. The same goes for Scrafty and the two Megas, though I'm pretty sure I'll eventually decide to use Clefable. It's not nearly as bulky as it could be - it doesn't help that it's Rash nature - but we'll work on it.

bang bang

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I have beaten Brawly and made my way to Slateport. I'm hugely disappointed by Granite Cave... It's not the way it was before (normally I'd get Aron before fighting Brawly). Currently trying to get some items from Pokemon as Taillow now has thief. Obtained a Brightpowder and gave it to Ralts.

Team: Grovyle, Taillow, Whismur, Ralts, Magikarp, Nincada.

Years
    Well, I beat AS, so now to go through OR. I used Pokebank to get all three of the starters in the game. Thought it would be a fun change. We just defeated Brawly and are on our way to Slateport!

The team:

- Marshtomp Level 20
    - Combusken Level 20
    - Treecko Level 18
    - Whismur
    Level 18

Years
    In accordance to the Wonder Trade Challenge, I Wonder Traded away the Fire Fang Poochyena that I initially caught and the Zigzagoon I caught next.
    I was pleased with the returns.

A Bold Kanghaskhan who, after checking it into the IV calc, has 4 perfect IVs in HP, ATK, Def and Sp. Def, and a Timid Ralts who has 2 perfect IVs in Sp. Atk and Sp. Def.

I'm still planning to stay on Route 103 for a while longer until both Pokémon are at least level 5, then I will travel onwards to Rustboro City.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Did i just get lucky... or... Well i had some bad luck with catching Groudon(killed him the first time, then beat the E4, went back killed him again, but soft reset and caught him the next time) but i just finished the Delta Episode and i have to say... i was really surprised. I saw that a BUNCH of people had had a hard time catching Rayquaza(less) but after that, accidentally killing Deoxys(alot, and then they rage quite because you cant save after you get Rayquaza). But surprisingly, (i used my mega swampert just to make sure and am saying this cause i got a lvl 80 Rayquaza from a trade when i got wonder traded a Azelf when i was a noob and traded it for the Rayquaza.. and i was smart and saved before the battle) I got Rayquaza down to into the yellow on health, threw an ultra ball, caught him first try. Now if that wasnt enough for you, i got Deoxys down to yellow too and caught him on 3rd try with ultra ball. But he was recharging if that makes a difference. This wasnt made to brag, i just want to know if this is rare or common and if this happened to anyone either..

Years
    Hmm, I'm not so sure if I really enjoy the Wonder Trade Challenge. I had forgotten about the level restriction before you got so many badges. I'm now stuck with a lvl 12 Ralts and a lvl 12 Kangaskhan who refuse to listen to me, and then there's the fact that you get boosted experience because they're traded.

It doesn't look like I'll be able to beat even the first gym without breaking a rule or two.
    Edit: I've deleted my save data and am abandoning the Wonder Trade Challenge. It is just not fun to be restricted like this and effectively lose Pokémon the moment I spend too much time with them...

Edit to prevent double post:

So after restarting the game, I decided not to do a specific challenge.
    I will play under the following rules:
    Spoiler:

This is what I have decided on.
    Now, after replaying my part up to Rustboro, I'm about to challenge Roxanne.
    My team currently consists of:
    Spoiler:

Right, let's get this show on the road.

Roxanne sent out her Geodude; I sent out Zira first.

Zira's opening move Double Team allowed her to dodge Geodude's Rock Tomb, after which a Disable caused Geodude to be unable to attack in the second turn. So far, so good. Zira's Confusion did about 25% damage to Geodude and confused her. Geodude's tackle then missed. Another Confusion brought Geodude below half, who then hit herself in her confusion. Roxanne used a Potion to heal Geodude to almost full HP, but another Confusion brought that HP almost down half again. The next confusion almost took him out, but Geodude used another Rock Tomb and missed.
    At this point I must say, Zira has already exceeded my expectations. Her Double Team, Disable and Confusion have all been more effective than I had anticipated.
    The next Confusion took out Geodude. Zira had won this round, but the battle is not over yet. Roxanne still had her Nosepass. Zira leveled up to level 10 now too.

Nosepass was actually faster than Zira now and opened with Rock Tomb. I had anticipated the move, but not his speed. Zira's Double Team came after, but I wonder if that would be enough. Nosepass now used Tackle, but missed and Zira's Disable prevented Nosepass from using Tackle again.
    With this, I decided it was enough for Zira, and I switched to Dante.

Nosepass used Harden while Dante switched in - a good strategic move, were it not that Dante's Water Gun was special based. Water Gun took a good chunk out of Nosepass's HP, but the retaliation Rock Tomb took about equally as much out of Dante. Nosepass used another Harden, and Dante's answer Water Gun still did a lot of damage to Nosepass. One more would be enough, I'd reckon. Nosepass used Harden once more, but to no avail. Dante's Water Gun took out Nosepass!

We won! Dante and Zira were tremendous! I've got ... A Stone Badge! ^^

Last edited:

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Yeah, I can't believe the changes in Mauville City, it looks more hi-tech than it was before. There has been a change; Nincada is replaced by Oddish, due to the fact that Oddish has Sweet Scent and can engage in horde battles now. A few other pokemon have evolved, and I'm on the route west of Mauville. Not faced Wattson yet. I have yet to have seen a Zigzagoon with pickup :/

Team: Kirlia, Gyarados, Taillow, Grovyle, Loudred and Oddish.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
    So I got the shiny beldum! It seems awesome but I am torn if I am going to use it in my team. I already have a Gardevoir as the Psychic in my team. So far, I am sure of Swampert in my team.

I'm thinking of M-Manectric, but its movepool is so bad. Metagross but above problem exists. I think I can do that, replace Gardy with Metagross AND Altaria for the fairy coverage but that would mean giving up M-Swampy. Also, there is the Latios looming just beyond the game.

Years
    Hi all,

The adventure in Rustboro continues:
    Spoiler:

My team as of writing:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

NevanPTF

Pokemon Legendary Hunter
    Years
    After a long day of searching for a Timid Zorua, after 236 encounters with that little dude... I got a shiny Zorua! Horray! After 2 more encounters another Shiny Zorua!

When I was about to go to sleep...my dexnav caught one last Zorua, lvl 20 and 3 stars! I caught it and rushed to the PC...*drum roll*... A Timid Zorua with 3 IVs! It was a strugle but wurth :3

Years
    Alright, we're at the Dewford Gym. It's time to battle Brawly, the Dewford Gym Leader. I've chosen to challenge him with Zira and Dante, Dante in the lead.

Without further ado, let's begin.
    About Zira and Dante:
    Spoiler:

Let's battle!
    Spoiler:

Below you'll find what happened after battling Brawly.

Spoiler:

So, I'm glad I logged this battle. Walk with me and watch how my team struggles against a level 16 Magnemite from some random trainer on the Cycling Road.
    Battle start:
    Spoiler:

This one level 16 Magnemite really had me fighting for my money. This one level 16 Magnemite had gotten me serious and I actually had to predict his next move in order to succeed. Holy crowley. That was.. one hell of a battle.
    And by now I realized I mistakenly thought Magnemite had a Levitate ability. The battle could have been so much easier...
    --------------------------

So that's where I'm up to now. The Gym Battle will follow soon.

Preparing for the Gym Battle, this is the team I'm taking with me:
    Spoiler:

Going into battle with Wattson!
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    I finally managed to get past the dreaded nature strip known only as Route 119, but not before getting a good TM, Dazzling Gleam along the way after a short detour. I tried my best to speed-run through Route 119 (because as you know, it's my least fave route in all of Hoenn) and while I ended up fighting a few trainers I did manage to get to the Weather Institute for another showdown with Shelly and Team Aqua. Those guys were a joke given I had stuff that easily exploited their weaknesses, and not even Shelly's Sharpedo was that tricky at all. The owner gave me a free Castform after that, but I had to dump her in the PC because she wasn't really needed right now, although she could excel in a Beauty contest.

After that, had another battle against Brendan where I easily triumphed over him and he gave me the HM for Fly, and not even Route 119's constant rain was going to put a damper on my determination to discover more about Primal Kyogre. Next I made a stop in Fortree City and then headed towards another nature-filled route, Route 120 following Steven where I encountered him on the bridge and revealed an invisible Kecleon (which I subsequently caught) and then Steven gave me the Devon Scope and a new Mega Stone, the Swampertite.

Next I defeated the Fortree Gym with relative ease, earned the Feather Badge. Winona didn't even get to do much against me since I had an easy type advantage and also Pokemon Amie benefits. Next time, it's back to Route 120 en route to Lilycove City.

Travel Journal

Swampert ♂
    Level 52
    Mild nature
    Torrent
    Capable of taking hits
    Moves:
    - Surf
    - Mud Shot
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide

Travel Journal

Breloom ♀
    Level 50
    Naughty nature
    Poison Heal
    Capable of taking hits
    Moves:
    - Seed Bomb
    - Cut
    - Mach Punch
    - Sky Uppercut

Travel Journal

Gardevoir ♀
    Level 50
    Brave nature
    Trace
    Likes to fight
    Moves:
    - Psychic
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Calm Mind
    - Draining Kiss

Travel Journal

Manectric ♀
    Level 51
    Lax nature
    Lightning Rod
    Takes plenty of siestas
    Moves:
    - Discharge
    - Thunder Wave
    - Strength
    - Volt Switch

Travel Journal

Camerupt ♀
    Level 50
    Brave nature
    Magma Armor
    Nods off a lot
    Moves:
    - Flame Burst
    - Earthquake
    - Strength
    - Overheat

Travel Journal

Altaria ♀
    Level 52
    Careful nature
    Natural Cure
    Very finicky
    Moves:
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Fly
    - Moonblast
    - Cotton Guard

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I just finished the Primal Kyogre storyline, and my Metang is now level 44, meaning it's close to evolving!

anniellewellyn

A Technologic Faery
    Years
    I got way too distracted by Super Secret Bases...all of a sudden most of my team was above level 70 and wouldn't listen to me because I didn't have the right badges! I guess that's the problem with a largely traded team. Still, I pushed through and got the next badge and my babies are listening to me again. I switched Surf from Swampert to Aggron, cause, hey, my big baby could use a water move. Swampert is probably gonna be my Dive and Waterfall baby at least for a while though.

I'm just about to start the actual Primal Kyogre story...excited!

Years
    Spoiler:

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Ok, I beat Wattson (can't remember if I said that previously) I went through the storyline with Team Magma at Meteor Falls, then at Mt Chimney, then a little bit later, defeated Flannery very easily without any water/ground moves.

Went into the desert and caught myself a Trapinch, so all I gotta do is meet back up with May and head off to Petalburg. Change to team: Trapinch now takes the place of Loudred.

Team: Grovyle, Kirlia, Trapinch, Swellow, Aron, Gyarados.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I recently defeated Wallace, and my Metang evolved into an awesome Metagross.

Now I'm off to the Meteor Falls to catch a Bagon and finish my team. Hopefully I'll get one with Sheer Force, so I can have a Salamence with Moxie!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back