• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Spoiler:

The way to Lavaridge Town was rather short and the Jagged Pass had been kind to me. It's about time I'd prepare to challenge the gym.
    With this team, I challenge Flannery, the Lavaridge Gym Leader.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
    Just reached pokemon league, on my way to become a Champion!!! My team is: Swampert, Latias, Lucario, Kyogre and Flygon. Don't hate me for using kyogre, it's my favorite pokemon since gen III

Alumens

Dreamer
    Years
    10th January, 2015

• I succeeded in getting a Shedinja and I am on my way to Mauville City
    • Zubat and Whismur evolved on Route 110

Years
    Finished delta episode today. I think it means that the main story is now complete. I've been away from pokemon since gen IV came out, and i have only played pokemon white in a friend's ds. I still need to play all those games that i missed but i played all the other ones. This is the point i say that i have a new favorite pokemon game. Yes, Alpha Sapphire was the motive why i bought a 2DS ten years after i received my game boy advance along with pokemon leaf green and emerald, and i couldn't be happier, such an amazing game, i have never explored a region like i was able to do with hoenn. I just need to say thank you Game Freak. Now i'm going to catch the remaining legendaries, catch the regis, one of my favorite parts back in emerald, and fill my pokedex.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Well I finished all of the Trick Master's rooms, was quite disappointed in how few there were. also,
    Spoiler:

I didn't have room for it and I continued. Did the Weather institute and beaten May, now currently in Fortree City. Team is now: Vibrava, Sceptile, Gyarados, Gardevoir, Lairon, Swellow... all level 36.

Years
    This is a very long entry because I covered so much of the next chapter of the story today.

So, I started by trying to get through Route 120 and 121 as fast as I can, before landing in Lilycove City to pick up a new Mega Stone known as the Altarianite, and then tested my Altaria's new Mega Evolution in an easy battle against Brendan. Next, it was off to Mt. Pyre where I caught a few new Pokemon and obtained a couple of TMs and two more Mega Stones, the Medichamite and Banettite before reaching the summit and another run-in with Team Aqua who stole the Blue Orb! I also ended up having to fight Matt again, but he was no issues for my "water killers". The old couple who were looking after the orbs decided to give me the Red Orb afterwards.

Then it was off to Slateport where Team Aqua stole Captain Stern's submarine and modified it for themselves. Next it was infiltrating Team Aqua's hideout where I had to battle a lot of grunts before battling Matt again, not much to comment on the battle there at all. Next I went to the beautiful Mossdeep City and breezed through the Gym, defeating Tate & Liza to snap up my 7th badge, the Mind Badge. Afterwards, a strong pillar of light was coming out of the water, indicating that Kyogre is in real danger thanks to Team Aqua. Steven whisked me to his house and entrusted me with a new HM, Dive (who I subsequently taught to Swampert) and some Devon Scuba Gear.

I have now arrived at Seafloor Cavern, still in pursuit of Team Aqua and Kyogre.

Travel Journal

Swampert ♂
    Level 61
    Mild nature
    Torrent
    Capable of taking hits
    Moves:
    - Surf
    - Hammer Arm
    - Earthquake
    - Dive

Travel Journal

Breloom ♀
    Level 59
    Naughty nature
    Poison Heal
    Capable of taking hits
    Moves:
    - Seed Bomb
    - False Swipe
    - Mach Punch
    - Sky Uppercut

Travel Journal

Gardevoir ♀
    Level 59
    Brave nature
    Trace
    Likes to fight
    Moves:
    - Psychic
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Calm Mind
    - Shadow Ball

Travel Journal

Manectric ♀
    Level 60
    Lax nature
    Lightning Rod
    Takes plenty of siestas
    Moves:
    - Discharge
    - Bite
    - Strength
    - Thunder Wave

Travel Journal

Camerupt ♀
    Level 60
    Brave nature
    Magma Armor
    Nods off a lot
    Moves:
    - Flame Burst
    - Earthquake
    - Strength
    - Overheat

Travel Journal

Altaria ♀
    Level 62
    Careful nature
    Natural Cure
    Very finicky
    Moves:
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Fly
    - Moonblast
    - Cotton Guard

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Talk about your team being overpowered much, Hika. Mine aren't even close to that, around the level 40's.

So, I beat Winona which was my hardest match yet. Another change has been made: Swellow has been dropped for Shuppet (needed a ghost type) which has now evolved into a Banette. Currently in the Safari Zone right now.

Team: Banette (level 37), Vibrava, Gyarados, Sceptile, Lairon, Gardevoir. These others are level 39/40.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I just got through Victory Road, and defeated Wally with little trouble.

Now I'm going to train my Pokemon to around level 50.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
    Just caught Groudon in one Pokeball. I am not sure if I was just lucky or is Groudon's catch rate so high. I remember having a hard time catching it before. Oh well.

Also, got my Eon Ticket and Latias woo

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Well, I've beaten Team Magma at Mt Pyre, and my Lairon has evolved into an Aggron. Now I can use my Aggronite with it.... :D

Team is the same except the evolution. They are all at Level 42.

jombii

Years
    I'm at the Victory Road now, although not yet battling Wally.

Team as of writing is

Travel Journal

Level 60 @ Swampertite| Timid
    - Protect
    - Waterfall
    - Rock Slide
    - Earthquake

Travel Journal

Level 57 @ Amulet Coin | Timid
    - Grass Knot
    - Psychic
    - Calm Mind
    - Dazzling Gleam

Travel Journal

Level 59 @ Metagrossite | Impish
    - Hammer Arm
    - Bullet Punch
    - Psychic
    - Pursuit

Travel Journal

Level 60 @ Rocky Helmet | Modest
    - Surf
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Shadow Ball
    - Sludge Bomb

Travel Journal

Level 56 @ Miracle Seed | Bold
    - Seed Bomb
    - Mach Punch
    - Swords Dance
    - Leech Seed

Travel Journal

Level 51 @ Jade Orb | Serious
    - Earthquake
    - Precipice Blades
    - Lava Plume
    - Rest

I'm currently searching for the Ice Beam TM for Dragalge.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2016
    Sorry about the lack of update, I seem to have "Namer's Block"... Leave your ideas in a PM, or some other way. Either way, I have received the January 22 Serperior Event, which doesn't count toward the Hoenn Dex. I can't really nickname it anyway... After that nothing much more than training on Route 109 and arriving in Slateport City...

To do list:
    -Defeat the Pokémon League
    -Complete the Hoenn Dex without any online trading.

Hoenn Dex: 15/211

Team:

Chic (Lv. 21 Combusken, Member)
    Desiree (Lv. 16 Ralts, Member)
    Urufu (Lv. 15 Poochyena)
    Toribuko (Lv. 17 Ralts)
    Muhashroom (Lv. 17 Shroomish)
    Beldum (Lv. 13, Event, can't nickname)

If you have any nicknames for any future catches, drop me a line. In can be via comment or PM.

jombii

Years
    I am inside the E4 right now, and can I say I am loving Drake's design. He seems really powerful with that wild eyes of his.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I just defeated Champion Steven, and had one more battle with my rival. This is the team I used:

Travel Journal

Blaziken

Travel Journal

Salamence

Travel Journal

Shiny Metagross

Travel Journal

Cradily

Travel Journal

Sableye

Travel Journal

Lanturn

Next up: the Delta episode!

jombii

Years
    The Delta Episode seemed too stretched out. :( I'm just before catching Rayquaza but I had already tried to catch Deoxys a little while back. Why are there no save points before? :(

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Been slowly filling up my National Dex since my last post. I've also picked up the Mirage Spot legendaries and traded off the ones I didn't need for version exclusive legends. I'm probably not going to complete it unlike on X (which I did back in November), but for now I'm aiming for completing the Kanto, Johto and Kalos Dexes. I also completed the Hoenn Dex last month.

Oh, and I also battled the Elite Four's rematch teams. I'm gonna be honest here, Steven's new team was by far the most disappointing - Jasmine had an Empoleon on hers in HGSS, there's no reason why GameFreak couldn't have given him one too, just to name a mon he could've benefited from.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
    Picked up my Alpha Sapphire after a short hiatus, and things are moving along nicely! Managed to reach Lilycove City where I bought a tonne of Secret Base stuff, no doubt that's where all my money will be going. Cleared Team Aqua out of Mt. Pyre and their Hideout at Lilycove, and now I've just reached Mossdeep City and currently training on the surrounding areas. I'm surprisingly under-levelled at this moment in time, from the way everyone was describing the games to be easy, I'm finding myself about 2 levels under the cap right now. If anything these games are more difficult than the originals, comparing the levels of the Routes is about a +6 difference.

Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal

I'm having so much fun training up this team, all betweel Lv 40 - 42.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I don't know why I didn't post this but I have beaten Steven about a month ago on alpha sapphire. My team when beating the league (will update what lvls later.):

Tamriel (Sceptile)
    Bear (Mightyenna)
    Shiny Metagross
    Poseidon (Kyogre)
    Snowbird (Glalie)

The last spot I left open. Not sure why. Anyway, I have 557/718 for my dex. It's slowly coming along. Soon I might be doing my breeding here instead of my X version.

For my omega Ruby though (soon to be restarted) here is my log for that.:

Picked the boy, named Joey (my name), saved professor with mudkip, named trip.
    I moved some pokemon from bank over to train since they were lvl 1. Beat the first 4 gyms easily, I had a little trouble with Norman but beat him in A timely manner. I proceeded to the other gyms. Traded over one of my druddigon for a 5th party member. I have recently dealt with Groudon and defeated Walace. Not I'm getting ready for the league. My team is:

Trip (Swampert) lvl 51
    Gloria (Noivern) lvl 50
    Iron Arm (my shiny bred Metagross) lvl 50
    Krunk (flygon) lvl 50
    Druddigon lvl 60
    (Open slot.)

View attachment 74251

Last edited:

jombii

Years
    Caught a Modest Deoxys. I don't know about it's IVs though as I don't typically use legendaries competitively.

Hehe

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back