• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Hey, I'm trying to devise a set for my Mesprit.

So far I've come up with this.Most likely to be a lead in UU.

Mesprit @ Light Clay
Calm
252 Def / 176 Spe / 80 SpD
Stealth Rock
Toxic
Reflect
Light Screen

Basically, I hope to get a Stealth Rock, and one screen up (at least).
Toxic could be useful in wearing things down, however I was wondering if I need to put an attacking move in there, i.e. STAB Psychic

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Hey, I'm trying to devise a set for my Mesprit.

So far I've come up with this.Most likely to be a lead in UU.

Mesprit @ Light Clay
Calm
252 Def / 176 Spe / 80 SpD
Stealth Rock
Toxic
Reflect
Light Screen

Basically, I hope to get a Stealth Rock, and one screen up (at least).
Toxic could be useful in wearing things down, however I was wondering if I need to put an attacking move in there, i.e. STAB Psychic

Uxie does this better. Better bulk, is faster etc. U-Turn should go over Toxic.

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2014
I'm looking for another pokemon to fill my team, also any critism would help.

Dragontie
252 hp/ 252 attack/4 speed (May split hp and add more speed)
Dragon claw/ draco meteor
Aqua Tali
Arial ace
Roost

Lucario
252 sp at/ 252 speed/ 4 hp
Dark Pulse
Arua Sphear
Pshycic
Flash Cannon

Torterra @ Leftovers
252 hp/ 252 def/ 4 att
Wood hammer
Earthquake
LeechSeed
Protect

Jolteon
252 Sp att/ 252 speed
Thunder
Shock Wave
Signal Beam
Shadow Ball/ Toxic

Houndoom
170 Hp/ 170 sp att/ 170 speed
Flamethrower
Dark Pulse
Toxic
Swift

I still need items and one more pokemon, again any coments would help.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2011
I need to know what pokemon i can use!

Ello! I'm currently playing PBR again because of HG and SS. Anyway I quickly relised that my team needs some work. I have no fire/electric type! I would just go and train one of each, but I can only get rid of my sunflora! so long story short, I need to know of any pokemon that can learn both fire and electric type move's but can be found in platinum.

I would also like it to be a none normal typ if possible. If no pokemon can learn both type's of move's other then lickitung or lickilicky then please let me know right away.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
Ello! I'm currently playing PBR again because of HG and SS. Anyway I quickly relised that my team needs some work. I have no fire/electric type! I would just go and train one of each, but I can only get rid of my sunflora! so long story short, I need to know of any pokemon that can learn both fire and electric type move's but can be found in platinum.

I would also like it to be a none normal typ if possible. If no pokemon can learn both type's of move's other then lickitung or lickilicky then please let me know right away.

Magmortar, Electivire, Heatran, Typhlosion, and Zapdos can all utilize Fire and Electric moves quite well, so go ahead and pick one of those.

Magmortar @ Choice Scarf/Expert Belt
Timid Nature
252 Spa/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP

Fire Blast/ Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
(Energy Ball/HP Grass?)/Psychic
Focus Blast

Electivire @ Expert Belt/ Life Orb
Mild Nature
216 Spe/ 252 Spa/ 40 Atk

Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Cross Chop
Hidden Power Grass

Heatran @ Life Orb/ Choice Scarf/ Choice Specs
Naive Nature
252 Spa/ 252 Spe/ 4 Atk

Fire Blast/Eruption
Hidden Power Grass/ Hidden Power Electric/Dragon Pulse
Earth Power
Explosion

Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf
Rash Nature
252 Spe/ 240 Spa/ 16 Atk (??)

Focus Punch
Eruption
HP Electric/ HP Ice
Flamethrower

Zapdos @ Life Orb/ Leftovers
Timid Nature
252 HP/ 40 Def/ 216 Spe (252 Spa/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP)

Discharge/ Thunderbolt
Heat Wave
Hidden Power Grass/ Hidden Power Ice
Roost

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2011
Thank you!

Magmortar, Electivire, Heatran, Typhlosion, and Zapdos can all utilize Fire and Electric moves quite well, so go ahead and pick one of those.

Magmortar @ Choice Scarf/Expert Belt
Timid Nature
252 Spa/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP

Fire Blast/ Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
(Energy Ball/HP Grass?)/Psychic
Focus Blast

Electivire @ Expert Belt/ Life Orb
Mild Nature
216 Spe/ 252 Spa/ 40 Atk

Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Cross Chop
Hidden Power Grass

Heatran @ Life Orb/ Choice Scarf/ Choice Specs
Naive Nature
252 Spa/ 252 Spe/ 4 Atk

Fire Blast/Eruption
Hidden Power Grass/ Hidden Power Electric/Dragon Pulse
Earth Power
Explosion

Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf
Rash Nature
252 Spe/ 240 Spa/ 16 Atk (??)

Focus Punch
Eruption
HP Electric/ HP Ice
Flamethrower

Zapdos @ Life Orb/ Leftovers
Timid Nature
252 HP/ 40 Def/ 216 Spe (252 Spa/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP)

Discharge/ Thunderbolt
Heat Wave
Hidden Power Grass/ Hidden Power Ice
Roost

Thank you so much! I'll use Zapdos because the fact that ground move's don't effect it go's well with my team.

Nintengod

Elite Battler & Contest Master
Years
Anyone know a moveset for pikachu colored pichu? I was thinking Raichu with voltT, endeavor, quick attack, (insert move here)? He'd probably hold a focus sash...

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Anyone know a moveset for pikachu colored pichu? I was thinking Raichu with voltT, endeavor, quick attack, (insert move here)? He'd probably hold a focus sash...

Just do the nasty plot one:

Raichu @ Life Orb/Focus Sash
Timid/Modest Nature
4Hp/252Spe/252Sp.Atk.
-Nasty Plot
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power [Ice]
-Encore/Grass Knot

Raichu is pretty awful in and of itself.

Nintengod

Years

Just do the nasty plot one:

Raichu @ Life Orb/Focus Sash
Timid/Modest Nature
4Hp/252Spe/252Sp.Atk.
-Nasty Plot
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power [Ice]
-Encore/Grass Knot

Raichu is pretty awful in and of itself.

PCP is jolly ONLY because it's shiny. Plus, it's exclusive moves allow free easy kills in singles.
Use endeavor in the first turn because they will 1hkos you but the sash will save you, quick attack. Then follow up with a voltT or endeavor again if the next pkmn is slow. Raichu could actually be decent. I'm not sure about the 4th move though...

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
Years
Thing is, if you don't use it as a lead then the sash probably will break due to SR being everywhere, and if you do use it as a lead it will still get outsped by very much, and even if you do predict correctly that strategy is walled entirely by Rotom-A, Gengar, sandstorm, hail, other priority from faster users, and probably lots more that I can't put my mind on. The only ones you should consider for using Endeavour would be the Clefable family coupled up w/ hail, since their magic guard ability prevent them from taking indirect damage from stuff like hail, sr, spikes, and status. :/

Nintengod

Years
Thing is, if you don't use it as a lead then the sash probably will break due to SR being everywhere, and if you do use it as a lead it will still get outsped by very much, and even if you do predict correctly that strategy is walled entirely by Rotom-A, Gengar, sandstorm, hail, other priority from faster users, and probably lots more that I can't put my mind on. The only ones you should consider for using Endeavour would be the Clefable family coupled up w/ hail, since their magic guard ability prevent them from taking indirect damage from stuff like hail, sr, spikes, and status. :/

No, I understand, but I want them to outspeed me 1st round, that's a good thing. About 50% of the time I'll kill one and 25% of the time I'll kill one and bring another to 1 hp(or ko them if they have 4x ele weakness). I think I might go with thunder wave... just cause. PCPs are always jolly and mine has 31speed IVs(I soft reset 30x for it) so I think I'll be ok... maybe.

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2014
I'm looking for another pokemon to fill my team, also any critism would help.

Dragontie
252 hp/ 252 attack/4 speed (May split hp and add more speed)
Dragon claw/ draco meteor
Aqua Tali
Arial ace
Roost

Lucario
252 sp at/ 252 speed/ 4 hp
Dark Pulse
Arua Sphear
Pshycic
Flash Cannon

Torterra @ Leftovers
252 hp/ 252 def/ 4 att
Wood hammer
Earthquake
LeechSeed
Protect

Jolteon
252 Sp att/ 252 speed
Thunder
Shock Wave
Signal Beam
Shadow Ball/ Toxic

Houndoom
170 Hp/ 170 sp att/ 170 speed
Flamethrower
Dark Pulse
Toxic
Swift

I still need items and one more pokemon, again any coments would help.

Panique

BUGSY IS GAY FOR METAPOD
Years
So normally a Bibarel gives 2 attack EVs, right?

Can someone please let me know how many EVs would the Miltank would get in each of these situations?

1 - Miltank is holding exp share, Dragonite is holding macho brace. Dragonite is the only Pokemon that is sent out.

2 - Miltank is holding exp share, Dragonite is holding macho brace. Miltank is sent out first, then Dragonite is switched in for the actual fight

3 - Miltank is holding macho brace. Miltank is sent out first, then Dragonite is switched in for the actual fight.

Thanks in advance!

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
Years
No, I understand, but I want them to outspeed me 1st round, that's a good thing. About 50% of the time I'll kill one and 25% of the time I'll kill one and bring another to 1 hp(or ko them if they have 4x ele weakness). I think I might go with thunder wave... just cause. PCPs are always jolly and mine has 31speed IVs(I soft reset 30x for it) so I think I'll be ok... maybe.

Let me just show you an example of what I would do if I were facing something like a lead Raichu. Firstly, I would get SR up while you use Endeavor, meaning that it will not do nearly enough for you to get me down to 1 HP, then I might attack you, and afterwards I'd just bring out a ghost or a priority attacker to take the quick attack and kill you the next turn. That way, you barely accomplished anything since you've got no SR up, you're one poke down, and since most leads that doesn't die immediately either tends to be used later for scouting or as a sacrifice, I've really lost nothing either. Actually, I'll try to show you why it is in general not a good idea to do a "F.E.A.R." due to how it would fare vs. the top 10 ou leads.. (I have next to no experience with OU, though I think I have a fair idea what it would do)

1. Azelf. It will get SR up, and then either use boom or use U-turn on you in order to break your sash.

2. Metagross. SR first move, then it will either attack you (and then you can endeavour it, since your quick attack is faster than gross' BP), or it will switch into something that doesn't mind being endeavoured, or into some shuffler that can just roar/whirlwind you out and proceed to break your sash.

3. Swampert. It gets SR up, and while can do absolutely nothing in return, it will still serve its main purpose as a lead.

4. Jirachi. It can either get SR up, trick you a scarf, or flinch you to death. U-Turn also breaks your sash.

5. Aerodactyl. You'll probably kill this one considering how it is usually used as a suicide lead iirc, though it WILL get SR up. (which is prolly all it lives for) Killing a suicide lead w/ a sort of anti-lead is probably not the most benefiting strategy I've heard of, sadly :/

6. Infernape. Fake Out breaks your sash, SR gets up, and it kills you with Fire Blast.

7. Roserade. Will sleep you and proceed to set up t-spikes/spikes and eventually kill you.

8. Heatran. You will probably kill this one if it doesn't switch out, but it will, as well as the other leads do, get SR up in the process.

9. Tyranitar. You lose no matter what, sandstorm breaks your sash, it gets SR up, and kills with any attack unless some rather silly person leads off with boah or something like that :/

10. Gliscor. SR up and U-turn. Breaks your sash and leaves you with nothing accomplished.

Now do you understand why that will not work very well? :/

@ Panique:
In the first two cases Miltank will get 2 attack EV's. If I recall correctly, exp share only shares the general effort values given by a pokemon, in this case the boost from the macho brace will only apply to Dragonite. In the last case however Miltank will get 4 attack EV's per Bibarel. Also note that in the second case however, Miltank would receive 3/4 of the exp earned.

Last edited:

Panique

BUGSY IS GAY FOR METAPOD
Years
Alright.

I counted up to 31 Bibarels killed, figuring they all counted as 4 EVs = 1 stat point, so I have no idea where I'm up to now. Should I just start over counting, switching Miltank/macho brace in and then using Dragonite to finish? Or is there some downside to that?

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
Years
That depends entirely on which way you chose to ev train it. If you did stick to either of the two first methods your miltank should have 62 of 252 possible Attack EV's, and in the third case it would have 124 of 252 Attack EV's. Since finishing w/ Dragonite would give more EV's than using the exp share, I would recommend to keep doing that.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Lemme bring up a question. What tier do you plan on using the Raichu? If you're going to be using it in OU battles, then everything ^ says is valid.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
Years
Could probably do a UU list as well, since I'm far more experienced in that tier XD

1. Froslass. With your current moveset you can do nothing to this one barring to paralyze it or v-tackle it, of which Thunder Wave will be stopped dead cold by Taunt, and Volt Tackle will break your own sash which is really counter productive. ~___~

2. Uxie. Uxie doesn't really mind being paralyzed, and will just set up to its hearts content, be it with screens, sr, or memento. Additionally, it can just U-turn out as it will do rather decent damage to Raichu's crap defence, breaking your sash in the process.

3. Ambipom. This one will outright murder you, since it runs Fake Out for sashers, and it can proceed to OHKO you with Return. (U-Turn will also do a lot of damage)

4. Moltres. You might get this one considering how the Lead Moltres set is scarfed, but it might also just U-Turn out. Also, if it doesn't attack (though I don't get why it should do that if it is a lead), your best hope of damaging it is V-Tackle. (breaks your own sash)

5. Alakazam. Synchronize ruins paralysis, it will probably just set up screens and switch out afterwards. V-Tackle is probably a 2hko, though it doesn't really help using that attack on a sashed raichu...

6. Electrode. This one gets rain dance up, and explodes in your face. Then everything outspeeds you in the rain and kills you.

7. Omastar. Might not set up on you considering how the NP version is rather bothersome to it, but if it realizes that you run V-Tackle, it might just stay in and set up to it's hearts content.

8. Hippopotas. Breaks your sash by existing, and frankly, if this doesn't die within two turns in a match even the one using it is happy.

9. Rhyperior. Easily gets up rocks if it realizes that you don't run HP Grass. Also might run Rock Blast to kill your sash.

10. Cloyster. Same as with Omastar, only with t-spikes included.

Back