• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cats or Dogs?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
  • I've been attacked by seven dogs, the worst of which actually tackled me and started gnawing on the back of my head, so I'm more of a cat person. I still like dogs, and some dogs I do like more than cats, but cats don't eat my skull.

My parents' dog, Reggie, is an example of a dog I like more than cats. He's calm, quiet, incredibly nice, and patient. He's so gentle the worst thing he's ever done is bark at someone when they wouldn't stop touching his paws, which he really hates. Other than that, he's never barked at someone before.

Right now I own a cat named Mozart. We're opposites since he's a very social cat and is active right in the morning while I'm strongly introverted and hate mornings with a passion. I think we make for a good combination, though. Mozart fixed my sleep schedule by getting me up in the morning, and it's nice to have your cat greet you at the door when you come home from work. Even when there's someone else at the apartment, he'll be sitting by the door and won't stop meowing at me until I pick him up and give him some attention since he just missed me all day.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Dogs here, because I own one (or now my parents do), while I never had a cat. I've interacted with a bunch of them (young and old), but I think I just get on better with dogs. And cats can still make me sneeze sadly. =(

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Cats. They somehow succeed in being cute, fluffy, and badass all at once. I've had problems with dogs in the past chasing after me and trying to attack. Never got any of that behavior from a cat.

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
  • Cats. I do like dogs too, but I don't think I'd ever own one since they tend to be energetic. Plus I have a cat myself. Despite being a female cat, she's actually pretty gentle. (People always say that female cats tend to be meaner than male cats.) I had a male cat too, but he died. Both of them were fixed so they couldn't have kittens.

I know people who have both cats and dogs. One of my friends has a dog and two cats. They all get along well.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Cats. I feel that dogs (from personal experience) act friendly but then go for you if you go too close. With Cats, at least they give you a warning before going for you.

To those that say that cats might want to secretly kill you, our cat (before it somehow disappeared) really gave a damn about our family. Whenever I was ill at night, our cat would go in to wake my parents up then lead them to my room. Without a doubt the best cat we ever had.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • I'm honestly more of a cat person. I honestly think I always have been, I just don't think I realized it until like, 10th grade when this guy I liked liked cats a whole lot and after that I fell in love with cats. I have a cat named Checkers at home who is a year old. He's a bit feisty when he wants to be, but he's overall a good cat.

Years
  • Cats, I have 3 lol.

I dunno i feel like a cats trust means more than a dogs, like you really have to earn their respect first. Also they tend to be quite introverted which is like myself.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • Dogs! I've owned both in the past and volunteer at an animal shelter on the dog side, and dogs will always win for me. They're always so eager to please and nothing but fun. Some can be a bit ornery and silly but I love that about dogs. They say companion to me more than cats. Not that cats aren't loving or anything, mine certainly was, but dogs are just more active and fun.

Now that I look back into the thread it's really surprising that most of you guys like cats more. {D:} >_>

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • I love dogs the most, I love how friendly and affectionate they are, I love running around with them and hugging them and watching them, I'm basically obsessed with them.
    I do like cats a lot though, they're amusing and I feel a lot of people have misconceptions about them.

Saintscrew7

Helpful little Angel
    Years
  • I love K-9s , happy owner of a Chow-Mixed dog (duh)! :-)
    But I fear cats... (I know...) They're not bad... But I'm still scared.

Years
  • I like dogs better. I don't know why. Maybe its because we have a pet dog when I was little up until now :D

Back