• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cats or Dogs?

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
  • Cats or Dogs?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I love both. <3 While we only have cats so far, I had no problems on interacting with friendly dogs.~

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I grew up with dogs most of my life, but I deeply love cats more than dogs. Maybe it's because cats are listeners and they are loyal to you. Dogs are more active, and some are sociable. I don't know...I just love both of them but if I had to choose one I'd go for cats.

Years
  • Doggies! None of these comments are meant to be offensive or directed at members who prefer cats over dogs, but I find that you can do so much more with a canine companion than feline. Cats, in my opinion, seem like a liability more than anything...I've never had a pet of my own before, but if I did, I'd imagine I could go running or hiking with them, cuddle, and most importantly, place my future kid on it to ride :3

Sirfetch’d

I'm such a cat person that Christos named his cat after me

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Isn't this is point in both the U.S.'s first Splatfest and Europe's upcoming Splatfest. Dogs won on the former of course.

I choose dogs, because they can be very loyal to their owners, unlike cats, who secretly want to kill you, according to Oatmeal, and they care little about their owners at all.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I've never had a pet of my own before, but if I did, I'd imagine I could go running or hiking with them, cuddle, and most importantly, place my future kid on it to ride :3
    Speaking as someone who owns two dogs and has taken them out running, hiking, and biking, it's not always that great of a time. There are times where I'd like to go biking by myself, or to go hiking without a dog so I can sit outside and read, but I can't because the dog has to go. Or even if I feel like taking the dogs out, there's always the constant worries: will there be a place for my dog to get exercise, will there be people out today, will there be untrained dogs owned by other people out today, is my dogs' flea/tick medicine still strong enough, do I have enough water/poop bags/towels/scissors/treats/emergency supplies to cover any mishap.

This is why I prefer cats. They're simpler to take care of. If I want to take my cat outside while I play basketball or read, I can without much worry because she's on a leash in my backyard. If I want to go for a bike ride by myself, then my cats don't care if I leave them behind. My cats are cleaner, never needing a bath or a lot of brushing. When they do need brushing, they're happy to get it, unlike my dogs who squirm and want to play. If I'm looking for a cuddle, then my cats are there, but they also like being by themselves.

Cats are just so easy to take care of (except when they're so picky about their food). They're a perfect fit for my lifestyle.

I feel as if I should say that yes, I do love my dogs very much, even when I wonder if I could trade them in for more cats.

I prefer cats as they're quieter and calmer.
    I choose dogs, because they can be very loyal to their owners, unlike cats, who secretly want to kill you, according to Oatmeal, and they care little about their owners at all.
    Y'all have never lived with a Siamese cat, have you?

Yukari

Okay I've had both a cat and dog before (Well I still have my kitty,) and I can honestly say that I like having a cat way more than a dog.

But I'm probably biased because I think cats are far cuter than dogs.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    i prefer dogs because they actually do things and the last time we had it cat it shredded our curtains despite having a scratching post

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I'm more of a dog person, not just because I find them adorable, but also because they are really active and hyper and I enjoy playing with my dogs a lot. :)

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Cats. I like both of them, but dogs are too much for me. I am a quiet person and I am not the one with a lot of energy, so dogs cats suit me better.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Cats. They're not as wild, loud and annoying, and to be honest, I've never been fond of dogs. =/ Cats are better, and I've always seen them this way, so.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I'm actually pretty surprised by the amount of cat people on PC - I literally don't know anyone IRL who prefers cats to dogs. :P I guess the internet really does love cats.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • I'm surprised by the number of people that do not like dogs. Not only that prefer cats, but don't like dogs. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, but I just love them so, so much that I find it inconceivable for someone not to like dogs, haha.

Also, there's a lot of calm dogs, especially among the large breeds. Akitas, Mastiffs, Great Danes, Dobermanns, etc. They are great listeners and would many times just rather sit by you other than anything else. There's nothing quite like the company of a dog that loves you.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I've had cats in my house for most of my life, but I do prefer dogs. The first thing I'm going to do when I move out is get a dog.

Bay

Years
  • I've only taken care of cats, so pretty much cats by default. As others said, they're more manageable. I'm sure dogs are very fun, but I don't think I can keep up taking care of a dog at this time.

Back