• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2012
You could structure it so there's a mix of short, succinct answers and then ones which require more detail. If you give people the option to elaborate on the shorter answers (like name, age, measurements) and encourage details for the more meatier parts, it could work. You could also perhaps have it as a journal rather than an interview, where characters are given things that they have to fill in (though I have no idea where you'd be going with plot etc.).

Those are my two cents, anyway, please don't feel obliged to listen to me.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I actually like the interview idea. Answering questions like "tell us about yourself" and "why are you here?" but in the characters own style. I think speaking in an interview would be better than writing because a character is going to be more "themselves" since everyone writes different to how they speak.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
I think it'd be interesting. c: I think being able to convey a character's personality just by the way they answer questions is the sign of a talented writer. And it allows a bit of mystery, since the facts aren't simply laid bare and sometimes a character wouldn't be entirely truthful. :3

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years
[War Between Pokemon & Humans] is now finished! :) Duration - 3 months.

I am so happy! :D *dances* The RPers are really devoted in my RP so it kept going. and it's finally finished *sniffles*

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022

I am so happy! :D *dances* The RPers are really devoted in my RP so it kept going. and it's finally finished *sniffles*

You done me proud, Lu. Keep up the good work.

*raises glass*

TO WAR! (LOL, I just realized how funny that is!)

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024

Oh yeah. WAR IS FINISHED! :P I had an epic time RPing in it, and I hope to RP in the sequel as well :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

I'm so proud of you :D it's really been one of the best RPs for a long time here.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Soooo I'm just curious: How do you guys think of your Roleplay ideas? Whether its journey based or not.

Or...is it just straight from the heart? :3
My ideas come from different places! Some of them come from quotes (one in particular with a story I'm working on is "the lights in the sky are stars"), some of them come from previous plotlines (Broken's idea about the hybrids is from Ao no Exoricst and the northern/southern war is from Xam'd), artwork, music and sometimes ideas just come to me in the shower!

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Soooo I'm just curious: How do you guys think of your Roleplay ideas? Whether its journey based or not.

Or...is it just straight from the heart? :3

Totally random ideas that pop into my mind. Inspired by movies, often, but I don't make any RPs. :3 I hope to make a huge one in the future though....

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I made a new Kanto journey RP, bwahaha. This one, I will be a player in as well. I tried that on another site and it got pretty popular or at least very active. I think the GM participating helped that :3 But it seemed to die when I disappeared into real life for 2 weeks... pity. Now the turn has come to PC >:] again.

If Skymin approves it, of course. Gosh, I'm not used to having to wait for threads to be approved xD ex-mod isn't all great always.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I made a new Kanto journey RP, bwahaha. This one, I will be a player in as well. I tried that on another site and it got pretty popular or at least very active. I think the GM participating helped that :3 But it seemed to die when I disappeared into real life for 2 weeks... pity. Now the turn has come to PC >:] again.

If Skymin approves it, of course. Gosh, I'm not used to having to wait for threads to be approved xD ex-mod isn't all great always.

Ah, I'm waiting >:3

I guess I get mines from parodies. ^^
Well, from the only three I made:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=261419
That one I got from Pheonix Wright 2; the case with t he circus and all. ^^

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=260078
This one I go from Fire Emblem

annnnnnnd...
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=260763
That one I got from a show called: Megaman NT: Warrior. ^^

Parodies, huh? Oh, so Swing High Swing Low was based off that case from Phoenix Wright? lol, that's some creative thinking ^_^

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
Is it normal that I can't find the OOC threads for A Pokemon Phenomenon and for Fight to the Finish?

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
Right. Well, I feel silly now.

But I swear I looked all over and didn't find the thread in the RP Lounge.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

So I'm guessing you're not returning to GM Kanto Rewinded? D:

AND I'LL GO CHECK IT OUT NOW LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back