• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Journeye' Reborn [T]

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • Journeye' Reborn

Kingdom of Kanto

Year: 1334.
    Biography: The oldest land in the known world, and most populated. Currently ruled by the monarchy, King William IIV and his family, who reside in their fortress at the prestigious Indigo Plateau. It features all of the towns and cities of its modern day counterpart, albeit with lower populations. Some present day features of the region are, obviously, not around at this time, such as the power plant, radio tower and Celadon pokémart. In fact, no pokémarts exist in the whole region, instead markets selling assortments of sweet and bitter treatments litter the streets. Similarly, pokémon centres do not exist yet. Pokéthacary buildings take their place, simple lodges for travelers in the region, each manned by a Cleric Joy.

Simply put...medieval Kanto.

Technology: Pokeballs (At least how we know them), pokedexes, potions and other high-tech stuff aren't around in these days. Each one having their own old-school version:

Pokéspheres – the precursors to the modern day pokéball, they are simply spheres on which you wind up with a key, and when you throw them, they open up.

Pokéncyclopedia – A giant book kept by scholars, containing all known data on pokémon, the pokédex of the day. This book is at least 1000 pages long and can be quite the burden to carry. However, it doesn't have that annoying robotic voice, now you just have to trawl through pages of archaic text. Lovely.

Herbs – The medieval version of potions, available in only super sweet, or 'scrunch-your-face-up' bitter. These provide pokebeasts (As they were called back then) with an instant boost in health and stamina, but taste absolutely disgusting. It is often joked that the threat of using these herbs is enough to make any trainer avoid losing a battle.

Culture:
    Society is drastically different from that of modern day Kanto, for example, the idea of women having their own pokebeast is frowned upon by many, although not illegal, they just find it weird. Also the treatment of pokebeasts is something that differs quite a lot, with the general attitude being that they are tools, to be respected and, sometimes, feared, not to be friends with. However, there are some who do not take this approach, they are certainly rare.

With science not being that advanced, many parts of pokémon knowledge aren't known, specifically pokémon 'types'. Whilst many can understand that a water type might have 'water glands', or a fire type have 'fire glands'. What the majority can't understand is what electricity is, seeing as the concept has yet to be discovered. Instead, these pokébeasts are referred to as 'magic' types, and are mostly feared by the populous. If a person does own one of these pokébeasts, they must immediately be registered at a pokéthacary, lest they be breaking the law. In addition to electric types, Psychic types are given similar treatment, classed as 'magic' types. However, there is greater fear towards Psychics, due to their ability to communicate telepathically. They could do anything.
    Due to the lack of scientific knowledge in this world, prehistoric pokébeasts are unavailable because there is no-where to restore their DNA. Also, pokémon such as Mewtwo or Porygon do not exist yet.

Gyms are an integral part of Kanto, with one being in most of the towns. Seeing as most of the gyms operate under a 'inheritence' policy, it is likely that our heroes will be meeting the ancestors of the modern gym leaders. So prepare to meet Brock's great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandfather, or Misty's great great great great great great great great great...yeah, you get the point. They work the same as the present day, 8 badges then you may head to the Indigo Plateau...Oh, I forgot to mention, the King and his court make up the elite 4 and champion spots.

How to Play?

Your role, like any other journey RP, is to travel the Kingdom of Kanto, collect gym badges, and make your way to indigo plateau to face the king and his court in order to become champion... and be famed and wealthy.

However, be known: This will take place in Kanto...in Medieval Times.

This Roleplay follows an action pact fast chapter roleplay on terms of conversation, events, or wild pokemon capturing. You are, however, allowed to go at any pace you'd like.

There will be, however, certain events that may allow you to capture wild pokemon, get money, go in gym battles, or help someone in need.

On another hand, some events may require you to battle bandits, and save a town!

Be warned: A great, dark cloud is arising...

Starters

058.png

Growlithe, the loyal owned by Kay11190
    Fire Gland
    Attacks: Flamethrower, Bite, Leer

624.png

Pawniard, the brave owned by SelenaStar
    Dark / Steel Gland
    Attacks: Night Slash, Leer, Scratch

300.png

Skitty, the Quick owned by First Snow
    Normal Gland
    Attacks: Doubleslap, Growl, Faint Attack

200.png

Misdreavus, the Quirky owned by Sewaddle
    Ghost Gland
    Attacks: Shadow Ball, Growl, Confuse Ray

Spr_5b_627.png

Ruffet, the Savage owned by PokeMasterX
    Flying / Normal Gland
    Attacks: Aerial Ace, Leer, Rock Tomb

548.png

Petilil, the Gentle owned by Doctor Who
    Grass Gland
    Attacks: Energy Ball, Growth, Toxic

Certain Rules

~ The rating T, so try to keep the level of violence to say, a PG show.

~ Be active. If you only hang around PC for one week at a time or so, don't sign up.

~ I play some NPCs, including the assistants at the gyms, gym leaders, bandits, and so on. I'll also play as a "helper" which is a minor-ish character in which she may give you hints, and advice throughout the RP.

Character sheets

Name:

Age: (Owning pokébeasts under the age of 16 is illegal, so 16+ please)

Appearance: (Picture or text)

Personality: (Are you a neurotic, insecure egotist? Or a blood thirsty tree-hugger?)

Background: (Just a little, or big, story of your character's life so far. Just remember, we're living in the medieval age here. Intergalactic space travelers need not apply)

Starter Choice:

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Reborn, huh? I'm sorry that the old one kind of died... it was just getting a bit too tedious to write the chapters... well actually I think I wrote them all but the others didn't so you stopped posting them or something xD

Anyways, can I make a suggestion, for you to not be too detailed and demanding when posting new chapters here? I think my own Kanto journey RP died for that reason, anyways; I write too advanced scenarios in the chapters. People want to make up their own journey stories! That's half the point (if not the whole point) people join these things :3

Also... are you going to have levels in this?

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
    Years
  • ((May I reserve Pawniard pretty please? Working on my SU and should be done soon, just don't want to miss out =D ))

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • ((May I reserve Pawniard pretty please? Working on my SU and should be done soon, just don't want to miss out =D ))

Reserved!

may i reserve Rufflet? I'll have my SU here tomorrow.

Reserved!

Reborn, huh? I'm sorry that the old one kind of died... it was just getting a bit too tedious to write the chapters... well actually I think I wrote them all but the others didn't so you stopped posting them or something xD

Anyways, can I make a suggestion, for you to not be too detailed and demanding when posting new chapters here? I think my own Kanto journey RP died for that reason, anyways; I write too advanced scenarios in the chapters. People want to make up their own journey stories! That's half the point (if not the whole point) people join these things :3

Also... are you going to have levels in this?

Yeah, I learned from my last one. :3 People are going to have the freedom they want, there will just be a few twists and turns along the way. :3

Which is why this isn't going to be like the previous.

As for levels, they won't make much of a difference, but they'll be there.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Name: Kase Relmia

Personality: Kase is a calm and peaceful young man. He loves the peace and quiet of the simple life. He loves nature and enjoys observing its true beauty. He loves the wind and the sea just as all other parts of nature. He loves Pokemon and life in general. He doesn't like fighting but if he has no other choice he will fight. He doesn't worry much but only when it comes to nature being in danger. He will fight to protect anything or anyone. He likes to help people when he can, though he can be lazy at times. He enjoys afternoon naps and despises hard work. He doesn't like living in one place so he travels the world. He is a free spirit that can not be tamed.

History: Kase was born and raised in Celadon City. He grew up around all the beautiful flowers in the city. He played with various Pokemon and treated them as friends rather than tools. His father did not like this one bit. So once Kase was 16 he made leave because his beliefs and his father's were too controversial. So Kase began his life as a nomad, he lived happily moving from place to place. He was happy because he was able to meet many Pokemon and many people. He stayed in various villages through out his travels but in the end just continued moving from place to place. The longest he stayed in one place as two months.

Appearance: http://www.cutehotguys.com/25381-1/Cute+green+hair+anime+boy+pictures+_1_.jpg (He looks like this but with normal ears)

Starter Choice: Petilil the Gentle

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Name: Kase Relmia

Personality: Kase is a calm and peaceful young man. He loves the peace and quiet of the simple life. He loves nature and enjoys observing its true beauty. He loves the wind and the sea just as all other parts of nature. He loves Pokemon and life in general. He doesn't like fighting but if he has no other choice he will fight. He doesn't worry much but only when it comes to nature being in danger. He will fight to protect anything or anyone. He likes to help people when he can, though he can be lazy at times. He enjoys afternoon naps and despises hard work. He doesn't like living in one place so he travels the world. He is a free spirit that can not be tamed.

History: Kase was born and raised in Celadon City. He grew up around all the beautiful flowers in the city. He played with various Pokemon and treated them as friends rather than tools. His father did not like this one bit. So once Kase was 16 he made leave because his beliefs and his father's were too controversial. So Kase began his life as a nomad, he lived happily moving from place to place. He was happy because he was able to meet many Pokemon and many people. He stayed in various villages through out his travels but in the end just continued moving from place to place. The longest he stayed in one place as two months.

Appearance: http://www.cutehotguys.com/25381-1/Cute+green+hair+anime+boy+pictures+_1_.jpg (He looks like this but with normal ears)

Starter Choice: Petilil the Gentle

For now, I'll put you on pending. Before I can accept you:

A) Beef out your SU a bit; the personality and history.

B) Will you be active enough? Considering you joined at a late date, but don't post much.

Last edited:

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    I would like to reserve Skitty. You really made it hard to decide which Pokemon I want my character to start out with. >.>

Kay11190

The Drifter
    Years
  • My signup is rather short, tell me if I need to add anything.

Spoiler:

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
    Years
  • Name: Colette Brunel...sorry, couldn't help myself Rivière; however, everyone except her family knows her as "Cole"

Appearance:
    Spoiler:

Personality: Colette is a very down-to-earth sort of person. She finds it very hard to hide anything from anyone, and finds it even harder to lie. This sometimes gets her in trouble, as she will straightforwardly tell someone that their oatmeal is terrible or that that shirt they're wearing makes them look fat. She never stops to think before speaking. On the plus side, though, it's easy for people to trust Colette because they know she won't lie to them. Just don't confide in her; she'll reveal whatever you tell her to the public in due time. But on top of being trustworthy, Colette is very hardworking to the point where she will be stubborn about getting something done. Tell her to plow a huge field, and she'll work at it nonstop. Some have found this problematic because during that time Colette won't even eat, and she became underweight because of such. In fact, without the muscle she gained she'd probably be fatally underweight.

You asked for a quirky teenager? No? Well, you got one. Got work to be done? Unlike some teenagers, Colette loves to work. Give her a hoe, shovel, what have you and she'll be working like no tomorrow. However, she isn't all that good as a "smith" (i.e. blacksmith or goldsmith), and will likely screw up if given such a job. Despite this, she loves those types of jobs most. Now, if you really want to tick her off, be of noble class. As a serf, Colette hates the higher-ups for "not doing enough" (so she believes) and thinks that they are too posh and egotistical. She often refers to them as "noblejerks". Despite this, Colette still wishes to be one of those higher classes someday, like most serfs do. However, she does not want to be a princess like most girls; she wants to be a knight.

Background: Colette was raised in some farmland near what we now know as Pallet Town. She lived on a quiet settlement. There was one blacksmith who also worked as a goldsmith and a locksmith, one merchant, one miller, and a family of tailors, and about twenty farmers. But Colette didn't mind.

Up until her fifth birthday, Colette was hidden from the rest of the village. She revealed during that time that she wanted to be a knight when she grew up. Her parents first laughed at this, saying that only noble males could become knights. Thus started Colette's hatred of the noble class. However, Colette was dead serious about wanting to do such a thing, and so she decided that she wanted to be passed off as a male. Her laid-back family had no objections to this, and on her fifth birthday Colette had her hair cut short and was introduced around the town as "Cole". She certainly looked like a male. ...Well, a pretty one, at least. But those weren't uncommon.

Time passed, and Colette became one of the hardest workers in the area. She became such not only because she loved working, but so she could look more and more like a male. Her hair stayed short, and her chest stayed flat as a board (something the other females considered accursed, Colette noted). Eventually, the idea of people setting out with a Pokebeast came about. Colette had no interest in doing such, until she heard that those who got eight badges could take on the king and his court. Colette immediately realized that this might give her the opportunity to make her dream come true, and decided to get a Pokebeast of her own and set off on such a journey. Again, her family had no objections.

Starter Choice: Misdreavus, the Quirky

---

Will change anything if need be!

Last edited:

PokemasterX

World's Best Beta Tester
    Years
  • My SU

Name: Jacob Gallier

Appearance:
    -anime-guy2.jpg

Similar to this but with clothing more appropriate to medieval Kanto. He stands at about 6 feet and he enjoys wearing hoodies and black pants as shown in the pic. If he does not wear black pants and a hoodie he usually wears common clothing worn by lawless teens of the medieval age.

Personality: Jacob is a young street tough who on the outside is mean and violent but on the inside is a kind and caring fellow. He enjoys seeing pokemon fight and is very enthusiastic when asked to battle. Even with his love of battle and fights, his kind and caring always comes through when he sees a pokemon seriously injured, or defenseless in or after battle. His violent and cruel nature is reserved for people who are evil and mean to pokemon. He is very hard to befriend but when is, he is the best person to have as one because of his hidden kind/caring nature and is a good listener and adviser/friend to have.

Background: Abandoned as a child, Jacob raised himself in the streets of
    Fuchsia City. He is an orphaned child who nobody showed love and compassion to but somehow grew a kind heart towards pokemon in which gave all the other residents even more of a reason to dislike Jacob, in turn making is violent nature grow. Even though most of the region thought that treating pokemon as friends was a complete and utter joke, Jacob did not and spent most his time battling, playing with wild pokemon (which the towns folk frowned upon), and sleeping outdoors in nature. Since "his kind" was not allowed in the Pokéthacary he learned how to mash berries to help his pokemon and his pokemon-friends by himself. Sometimes he even (playfully)fought his pokefriends, which was like his daily exercise making him very strong, and strong-willed for his age. Since because of his love for pokemon, he developed a special bond with he pokemon he owned and befriended.

Starter Choice: Maximus Shredder, or just Shredder, or just Maximus, or just Max, The Rufflet.

Last edited:

PokemasterX

World's Best Beta Tester
    Years
  • thanks also, is this gonna be the main thread or just the sign-up/out-of-character thread?

Back