• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DBZ Budokai1,2,3.

Anyone have DBZBudokai1,2,or 3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
Years
  • Go to gamefaqs.com and they'll tell you all you need to know about unlocking characers and stages as well as where to get rare capsules.

edit: I have two questions: 1, how do you input a password and 2, which membership card do you need to buy breakthroughs? I have teh black membership card, but I haven't run into any breakthroughs yet.

Last edited:

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • To get the Breakthroughs, you need to buy all the Ultimate moves for all characters that have them, then the item Baba's Crystal Ball 000 will appear. Buy that (it's 120,000 Zeni), and then Baba's Crystal Ball 001 will appear, for another 120,000 Zeni. Once both of those are bought, then Breakthroughs will appear in the Skill Shop. (75,000 each)

And after all the Breakthroughs are bought, all the 'Memories of...' capsules start appearing. (100,000 each!)

BladeForever

[-+= Black Knight =+-]
    Years
  • Toothache said:
    To get the Breakthroughs, you need to buy all the Ultimate moves for all characters that have them, then the item Baba's Crystal Ball 000 will appear. Buy that (it's 120,000 Zeni), and then Baba's Crystal Ball 001 will appear, for another 120,000 Zeni. Once both of those are bought, then Breakthroughs will appear in the Skill Shop. (75,000 each)

And after all the Breakthroughs are bought, all the 'Memories of...' capsules start appearing. (100,000 each!)

umm, who asked for that info. o.O lol, or are you just letting some clueless peeps know? It toke me a while to figure that out on my own but I did it. *has 81% capsules* The Movies that Baba crystal bring are soo cheesy.. It's only the theme song from DBZB2 and the Jap. version along with it.. bah.

~Blade~

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • If you're feeling bored, you may want to try this password:

zQ*N?k btGg#r AG-J!t
    F&%kGa IwvNcs jDFCdt

It's my current L51 Hercule. Ok, it's not finished yet, and the com level hasn't been improved (yet), but it might provide a little challenge. There's one or two little surprises if you notice them.

BladeForever

[-+= Black Knight =+-]
    Years
  • mew42003 said:
    Thanks Toothache!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I asked for it 1st! lol. Thanks for posting it up T. (and thank you mew for reminding me to write down the PW) I'm heading off to play GTA:SA anyways, so straight after that I'll challenge your Hercule. I haven't really been training my characters, but more like fighting my friends characters.(I need to get to that right away) Now to see what fight he has in him. ^_^ (I hope he's not as easy as Videl/Hercule in tournament mode)

~Blade~

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • mew42003 said:
    I'm listining to the theme song right now!Luv it!
    Too bad the American release got stiffed again with a crappy version. :\ Japan's Budokai got Cha La Head Cha La and their Budokai 2 and 3 got the same songs as the US ones only with lyrics in them. Europe got the lyrical themes for Budokai 2 and 3, which angers me cause the songs suck (well, Budokai 3's anyways) without the lyrics. >_o

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Interesting comments.

My old Hercule (which wasn't a challenge, as I easily beat him with L1 Omega Shenron), had the following capsules:

Rolling Hercule Punch
    Dynamite Kick
    Senzu Bean (4)
    Yakon

Well, I figured he'd need the extra health, since he couldn't teleport and thus get easily pursuit attacked, and the Yakon is there to slow down those that like to use Transformations. I won't spoil the surprise for the L99 version, just bear in mind he's L67 at the moment, so I'm getting closer to maxing him out.

BladeForever

[-+= Black Knight =+-]
    Years
  • Toothache said:
    Interesting comments.

My old Hercule (which wasn't a challenge, as I easily beat him with L1 Omega Shenron), had the following capsules:

Rolling Hercule Punch
    Dynamite Kick
    Senzu Bean (4)
    Yakon

Well, I figured he'd need the extra health, since he couldn't teleport and thus get easily pursuit attacked, and the Yakon is there to slow down those that like to use Transformations. I won't spoil the surprise for the L99 version, just bear in mind he's L67 at the moment, so I'm getting closer to maxing him out.

He sure wasn't a challenge. o.o I had fun going 3 rounds with him though.

Game Difficulty:Very Hard
    Opponent T-S HERC (Meaning Toothaches Hercule)

It seems you were concentrated on Health/Attk/Guard/Arts. Your Hercule was simply a push over. (as you know) First I used one of my lvl. 41 characters and toke him on 2wice. I know you said you haven't been working on the Com stat but it was really needed. He was simply stupid and had a p00r defense. o.O Did I mention he was stupid? The guy llloooovvveeesss to use Hyper Mode repeatly and he sucks incredibly at using senzu bean. (*cough*Com*cough*) The first time he let me smack him about a bit. (somehow managed to take away 1 of my health bars) I slacked off a bit on him the 1st round. 2nd time he used the senzu bean after losing only 2 bars. x_x (in which I think your Hercule had 5 HP Bars)

Now for my 3rd attempt I felt like humiliating the champ. I threw in my lvl.0 Bardock in and see if it would make a difference. I realized it was even easier to take down Herc with Bardock. (considering Bardock has great defensive moves and combos) It's quite fun PWNing him. ^_^ Though this was the past and I'm sure your sorting out his weaknesses as I type. It's actually pretty g00d that your trying to improve such a character with his current weakness. That's really g00d actually because he lacks teleporting and such, so I expect ya to train him well. (I was bored so mind me o.O)

~Blade~

Last edited:

Rated R Superstar?

Rated "R" Superstar
    Years
  • Right now,I'm Gohan and I STILL can't beat Super Buu,anyone know how to unlock Future Trunks,Broly and Gogeta? what about GT mode? Oh yeah,when I was my Lv.20 Vegeta,I spotted Cooler,but I didn't unlock him,yes I defeated him.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Trunks- unlocked by completing Vegeta's Dragon Universe

Broly - note this only works the second time playing through Goku's Dragon Universe.

Get to the point where Goku tries to fuse with Gohan, but Gohan gets absorbed by Buu. Next, instead of heading to the next marker, go to the Desert and you will find a hidden area, and speak to Kibito (Supreme Kai). Now, go and fight Buu, and when you win, Goku will sense a new source of energy. The marker that appears leads to a fight with Broly, who you unlock after beating him.

Note that these events also lead to the unlocking of Omega Shenron.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • you can unlock cooler only with Goku. On about your third time through, after you beat frieza the first time, you will see three red dots on your map. Goto the one directly south of you, and you will face a super sayian vegeta. BEat him in battle, and then go to the red dot in the center. You will face cooler. Then you will face metacooler. After that, cooler will be unlocked. Also note that if you search thehills aroudn cooler before actually fighting him, you will find "Cooler's spaceship", which will allow you to use Metacooler.

also, Toothache left otu some key points on unlocking Borly. After that scen with buu absorbing gohan, turn around and immediately you will find hercule. afer a short scene with him, fly straight towards buu. along the way you will come across an energy signal. land, and you will find Tien, either dead or unconcious. as soon as that scene is over, use your energy search and you will find supreme kai. Then after the scene with him, go ahead and fight buu. After you beat him twice, a new red dot will appear on screen. DO NOT GO TO THAT RED DOT JUST YET. instead, go to the islands on teh southern portion of the map. You will find the ssj4 capsule there for goku. THIS IS NECESSARY FOR UNLOCKING OMEGA SHENRON. Then go and fight broly. once you beat him, he is unlocked. If you have all seven dragon balls, plus the ssj4 goku capsule, you will be able to fight omega shenron as well as unlock ssj4 gogeta for goku. once you beat omega shenron, you unlock him as a playable character.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Actually, I missed out the talking to Tien and Hercule, and I still managed to unlock Broly, so they aren't necessary to the unlocking, but the Kibito event is.

Rated R Superstar?

Rated "R" Superstar
    Years
  • Alright,i unlocked Broly,Cooler,Kid Goku,ALL Buu's,Gogeta fusion,Vegeto fusion,Dabura,Cell,Friesa and Bardock,Bardock Friggin' Rox in World Tornament,probaly,cos I know how to play him.

BladeForever

[-+= Black Knight =+-]
    Years
  • LatiosMaster said:
    Alright,i unlocked Broly,Cooler,Kid Goku,ALL Buu's,Gogeta fusion,Vegeto fusion,Dabura,Cell,Friesa and Bardock,Bardock Friggin' Rox in World Tornament,probaly,cos I know how to play him.

Well maybe so.. but as I said earlier, Bardock is a naturally g00d character at combos. His attacks make him pretty darn defensive too(mostly kicks that block out damage). He's 1 of my top 5 fav. characters. He's incredibly easy to use too, so he gets my vote for a great attacker. (in close range)

~Blade~

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Bardock is nice, but I prefer Omega Shenron. He hits hard, starts off with a full Ki guage, and has some of the heaviest hitting Death Moves in the game. Ok, he's a little slow, but who needs speed when you have power? My main money earning technique is Omega Shenron + Sparking!!!!!!! (7) = 250,000 Zenie. Makes getting those Memories of capsules a lot easier.

Back