• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Are You Reading? (Manga and LNs and whatnot)

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    I decided to cut out a lot of manga reading because of reasons.
    Anyway, if possible, I always try to read the raw of the manga before reading the scanlated ones (can't invest my time to read the LN...though I did read the translations of New Gate English translations and several chapters of the web novel, Tensei ****ara Slime Datta Ken.
    I mostly read the new manga that's out in magazine than the old manga.
    There is a one website that uploads a lot of raw shoujo manga chapters from magazine and some volunteers translate chapters of the uploaded manga, so I sometimes went there to read shoujo manga when I couldn't find other manga to read.

If there's a one manga that I want to recommend...it's definitely Boku dake ga Inai Machi! Its anime is slated for January in 2016. I really recommend you read it to prevent spoilers if you go to other anime websites.

I'm definitely following couple:
    One Piece
    Tokyo Ghoul: Re
    Real Account II
    zero Kara Hajimaru Isekai Seikatsu
    Assassination Classroom
    World Trigger
    Shokugeki no Souma
    Magi
    Shingeki no Kyojin
    Nanatsu no Taizai
    Toriko
    Boku no Hero Academia
    It's hard to think of monthly manga because I have to wait for new chapters every month...

Years
  • I started reading Skill of Lure since it was on r/manga. I can't help but cheer for this guy haha. Hopefully the translations will continue being swift.

Also Zero no Maria 7 was fully translated so I'm going to finish that soon. I have two paragraphs of ch.3, all of ch.4 and the epilogue until I'm done with it. The final volume so far has been wacky, I can't say I like it as much as the previous six volumes but it's something else. I'm curious as to how it'll end, I'm assuming it won't be a happy one.

Not much else has happened, I've kept up with most of the manga I'm interested in.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I started reading Skill of Lure since it was on r/manga. I can't help but cheer for this guy haha. Hopefully the translations will continue being swift.
    Whoa, I thought I was the only one reading Skill of Lure! I've been really enjoying it so far and hope the same. Likeable characters, great art and just fun shit overall :p

On a very different note - I just finished Ashita no Joe. And damn. What a journey it was. Has been far too long since I got so attached to characters this much. It is like I was with them on their journey - I almost cried when one of the characters died, I felt sadness by his absence and mourned along with the characters, I felt happy when a character bounced back from the mourning and back in the game. What makes this series so amazing is how REAL it all seemed. It wasn't afraid to show us nasty sides of people and nor was it afraid to go out with a bang like it did. The ending was spoiled to me, unfortunately, but that's unavoidable considering how fucking iconic that last scene is in the history of anime/manga. Still, fantastic experience. Character development was just...dayum. Love this story. Also, contrary to what most people would answer with, I personally love the female character Youko Shiraki slightly more than the lead Joe Yabuki. But they're both up there are some of the best written characters for me. <3

Amazing series. Got subbed not too long ago so I recommend everybody to go read it if they can. The art may be a little difficult to adjust to initially since the series is too old but I personally think the art is one of the charms and +ve points of the manga and not -ves. ANYWAY,

tl;dr - just fucking read Ashita no Joe if you haven't already, people.

Shadowraze

ur mum
    Years
  • I'm reading Oyasumi Punpun and Vagabond at the moment. Vagabond is simply a masterpiece much like how berserk gets it recognition although since it's based on an actual person it has it's limitations but still awesome as hell.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    Just finished reading Hibi Chouchou yesterday...it's going to be really hard to find shoujo that's similar to Taiyou no Ie or Hibi Chouchou... TT^TT

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • The skill of lure chapter 22. Dislike ntr. So I felt strongly about this one. :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2015
    Currently I am reading Judge. Just about done. It's pretty short but I really like it. I read the prequel (Doubt) before Judge and I think that was the right decision. I would definitely recommend it.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • ^ Really curious to know where you've been reading Judge because I started reading it about a year and a half ago and can't find anything past chapter 17. : /

I'm keeping up with Horimiya, the Umineko manga, and the Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls manga. I've been trying to get into Tokyo Ghoul but for whatever reason I'm having issues getting into it.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
  • Unfortunately...my resistance and repent of reading the Attack on Titan manga...has died yesterday. Siiigh. Because my dad decided to blatantly spoil me a few things. Now my experience is ruined for the anime. And I 100% regret it. Buuuuut! Satisfied of the plot, story, and characters as of rn.

Definitely rooting for the Titans though.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I usually can only sit through light novels. I have a hard time getting through and understanding Manga. With that said though...

I'm reading the Fullmetal Alchemist Light Novel series. The Land of Sand to be exact.

I need to consider checking online for the rest of the series as I only have book one and two at the moment. >< I love the idea of having my anime in book form. It gets me back into reading a lot more than usual. :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2015
    Currently reading something new from Korea called Love Maker. It's an awesome story about an alternative version of Cupid (here he's a little pervert, mis-using his gift to sleep with sexy godesses) who get's banned from heaven and is forced to live among the humans on earth, deprived of his "power" (here simply pictured as a revolver) to make people fall in love. It's really quite funny. Characters so far are very nice, I like the more alternative drawing style and it has a creative story. So far so good for me.
    I'm checking the articles on the huffington post, but apparently they're provided by some new online comics platform called spottoon.com. Not sure if you have to pay for it though.

Anyway, I think this one is a recommend ;)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Recently finished JoJo Part 5: Vento Aureo and now I'm slowly tackling Part 6: Stone Ocean. Also reading Oyasumi Punpun, which so far is amazing.

Years
  • I've been reading some stuff, but most notably (and by notably I mean a buntload of Korean stuff)

-The Gamer
    -Red Storm
    -Wind Breaker
    -The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor
    -Hero
    -ReLIFE

And a few others.

For the record, reaaaaally getting tired of these manga not getting updates. #WhensNextUbelBlatt

`Rse

新月
    Years
  • Way too many to list, but mostly webtoons like Tower of God, ReLife, Wind Breaker, Kubera as well as some manga like Tokyo Ghoul:Re & Haikyuu! throw in some JP and CN light novels/web novels etc.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm reading Dengeki Daisy, Owari no Seraph, Kagerou Project, Maggot Boy (webcomic), Akatsuki no Yona, and Aoharu Kikanjuu.

For years I only read little one-shot mangas, and Pandora Hearts, so I'm trying to read more of them again.

Skyxyd

The one
    Years
  • I'm reading Seven deadly sins, that's a good story for a manga who become the number one ahead One Piece (i don't like it)

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Shoukugeki no Souma, Gangsta, Attack on Titan, and a bunch of on-going Shounen Ai manga- guilty pleasure huehuehue.

In need of more manga to read, though. For me right now, it's easier to read manga than it is to watch anime owo

Back