• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Are You Reading? (Manga and LNs and whatnot)

Years
    Since the previous one disappeared, I thought I'd make a new one. So, what are you currently reading? LNs, manga, and other Japanese print media welcome to be posted here unless Chikara says otherwise!

Also, keep descriptions PG-13 since that's the community standard currently.

Anyway, going back on topic, I've recently read Dragonar Academy's first 5 English volumes and the second English volume of the DRRR!! Yellow Scarves arc. And I read the English volume 6 of WataMote (English title is too damn long to use here). I'm actually currently reading Sickness Unto Death Volume 1 (Japanese title: Shi ni Itaru Yamai), but I only made it 3 pages in before I was too tired to read.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Just started rereading Cross Game and I'm also catching up on where I left off on Detective Conan. (Nearly two years ago...)

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    Great topic!

I'm currently reading

• ヘヴィーオブジェクト(Heavy Object, Volume #1). Written by the same author of A Certain Magical Index. The pace is a little bit slow at the start, but it goes into full action after a few chapters. An anime adaptation is on it way, currently scheduled for October :)
    • 空ろの箱と零のマリア 2 (Utsuro No Hako To Zero No Maria Volume #2). This is amazing. If you mix Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and Suzumiya Haruhi series' Endless Eight arc you get this. I highly recommend reading the first novel. I will probably read the rest. And it seems that Volume 7 will be out soon!
    • ログ・ホライズン3 ゲームの終わり(上) (Log Horizon Volume #3 The End of the Game 'Part I'). After watching the anime I decided to start reading the novels. It's the same pace, first season had a great adaptation. Of course, the source is always better. Shiroe is one of my favorite characters in the world!

Years
    Finished Sickness Unto Death 1, then powered through I Don't Like You At All Big Brother! (JP title is too damn long) volumes 1 through 6, and dove right through the first 2 volumes of the Kanokon manga. Working my way through volumes 3 and 4 of Kanokon. Moving onto the first two volumes of the Accel World manga next, and then probably reading the last volume of My-Hime after finally getting it in the mail.

Kanokon and I Don't Like You At All Big Brother are extremely raunchy in both humor and art, so don't pick them up if you can't handle excessive panty shots and terribly sexual humor and "tension".

Sickness Unto Death is also not something I'd recommend to those who can't handle female nudity, as there's enough in it that it kind of caught me off guard. It's far more serious in tone than the other two books I've recently read, though, so if you can get past that it might be rewarding. Or just make you sad. IDK.

I'm reading these because I felt like picking them up at my bookstore last time I was there.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    and then probably reading the last volume of My-Hime after finally getting it in the mail.

Wait, what. It got licensed? I love the manga, it's amazing, and the anime really sucks in comparison. Same applies for Mai Otome. I can see here that it got picked by TokyoPop, did it get too censored? D:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Just finished up reading my last manga haul. Also, probably reading the ones I haven't read from February's haul haha. so many volumes still wrapped in plastic...

Years
    Wait, what. It got licensed? I love the manga, it's amazing, and the anime really sucks in comparison. Same applies for Mai Otome. I can see here that it got picked by TokyoPop, did it get too censored? D:

IDK. Not read the Japanese run. Only started reading it since I managed to get the first two 2 volumes in grab bags at a con a couple years ago. Been out of print for a couple years now, too.

Anyway, volume 5 of that was the last thing I've read. Next up is Accel World, the manga, Volume 1.

Years
    I'm the 7th volume of Homunculus. One of the most interesting and yet strangest series I've read.

Also I just read the newest Bleach chapter. Best chapter in years. All hail Chair-sama.

Bay

Years
    A couple days ago read the latest chapter of Attack on Titan and Silver Spoon's Chapter 109.

Spoiler:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    I'm currently reading 巨人達の影 (Shadow of the Giants) which is the third volume of Heavy Object's light novel. I'm also reading 空ろの箱と零のマリア 3 (HakoMari volume #3).

I can't wait for Heavy Object's anime adaptation!

Years
    Finished both of my Accel World manga volumes, then moved onto Kanokon volumes 5 and 6, followed that up with volume 7 of Yuki-chan, and then followed that up with Genshiken Second Season volume 6. Oh, and Bakuman volume 1. Bakuman volume 2 is my current read.

Years
    Okay, so I've been devouring a lot of new stuff in my free time (spent waiting on virus scans on a computer I'm repairing for someone as well as feeling too sluggish to sit upright at home) over the past week.

Dr. Slump vols 1&2
    Arpeggio of Blue Steel Volumes 1&2
    Short Sunzen volume 1
    Assassination Classroom vols 1 through 3
    Black Cat Volumes 8 & 9
    Noragami vols 1&2
    D-Frag! vols 3&4

And re-read the contents of UQ Holder Volume 4 since I have a physical English copy of it now.

Current/next read is Arpeggio of Blue Steel volume 3. Not sure how many chapters further into the series it goes.

Also tweaked the title a bit to better reflect what I was intending for this thread, since I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who reads manga.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    Reading 空ろの箱と零のマリア 4 (HakoMari Volume #4), enjoying it so far.

I'm planning to read Jormungand's manga, since I re-watched the anime a few days ago.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Trying to catch up on my favorite manhwa right now, got about 30 chapters of Tower of God to read up on. I stopped somewhere around the hell train arc last time I read and just kinda forgot about it. Also trying to catch up on Bleach and Attack On Titan since I've missed the past couple of releases for both of those. :(

Years
    I've been reading some more while backing up files on my computer and clearing up space to build some virtual machines. I finished volume 3 of Arpeggio of Blue Steel and I blasted through K-On! book one.

Next on the reading list is A Certain Magical Index book one.

Years
    Reading a lot. All the mainstream manga and such is in my MAL

Favorite ones:
    Spoiler:

Less known ones from Syosetsu, Manga or are from Chinese Wuxia and Korean LN/WN:
    Spoiler:

Yep, gone full WEEB

Last edited:
    Years
    So I've finished the first Index LN in English print. A few typos (to be expected in a 1st Edition), but grammatically it made infinitely more sense than the fan translations I was reading before.

I've moved onto K-On! book 2, which is quite a bit of fun.

Reading a lot. All the mainstream manga and such is in my MAL

Favorite ones:
    Spoiler:

Less known ones from Syosetsu, Manga or are from Chinese Wuxia and Korean LN/WN:
    Spoiler:

Yep, gone full WEEB

Any of these worth picking up if I see them on a USA publisher's list of upcoming releases?

Back