• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Are You Reading? (Manga and LNs and whatnot)

Years
    I also finished Mushoku Tensei the other week, I'm just waiting for the redundancy chapters to be translated now. This is probably my favourite Web Novel/Light Novel.

Someone knows what's up! It's such a touching story with great character development. Pretty much ignited the current WN/LN boom.

Speaking of LN/WN, there are a few new-ish ones I've picked up:
    Gomen ne, Onii-sama!
    The Young God who Controls the Sacred Treasures ~Chronicles of the War God's Other World Harem Efforts~
    I'm Another World's Dungeon! 〜After Reincarnating, My Body Became that of a Dungeon〜
    I was Reincarnated as a Thief Girl and my Mission is to Harass the Demon Lord and the Hero!
    Jashin Average
    The Black Knight Who Was Stronger than Even the Hero
    Rune Troopers
    The Alchemist God
    So What If It's an RPG World!?
    Terror Infinity

Stuff I forgot to add in the older list:
    Eclipse Hunter
    No Hero
    Illusions, Lies, Truth
    Romance RPG
    Dominion's End
    ELYSION virtual region
    Ark
    Legendary Moonlight Sculptor
    Douluo Dalu
    Hidden GM's Destiny

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    I'm reading Vampire Knight manga because why the hell not. I used to like the anime series, the story was kinda crappy, but the drawing and setting was nice.

Years
    I was reading Nanatsu no Taizai a while ago, it's not really that great to be honest but it was a nice way to fill in time when I'm bored. I read it because it showed up on the first half of 2015 LN/Manga rankings but I guess I set expectations too high.

I'm going to catch up with Fairy Tail I think, I've seen some spoilers and they were pretty interesting. I have to sort of push myself through the friendship power battle scenes and special moves to reach those parts though, for a moment I wondered why I had it at 4 on MAL but then I quickly realised why.

I read the first volume of Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou today, daaaaamn. I completely understand why the sixth volume of this would top the best selling light novel chart for the first half of 2015. The characters are interesting, the writing is superb while the mysteries in the story keep you engaged. I'm upset that only one volume is translated, hopefully the ranking I mentioned will prompt someone to get cracking on that.

Last edited:

Axel Rose

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2015
    The Dragon Ball manga. I hit the 100th chapter a few days ago and as much as I'm enjoying it, I want Goku to become a teenager already! How far do I have to go, damnit?! As long as they don't continue on with the uncensored genitals...

And I'd just like to mention that Uranai Baba shares a great resemblance to my paternal grandmother.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    Reading The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi. What a great adaptation KyoAni did, I feel like I'm playing the scenes in my head.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Reading The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi. What a great adaptation KyoAni did, I feel like I'm playing the scenes in my head.
    Why'd you write the name backwards, though? :p Either way, yeah, a KyoAni fan as far as Haruhi goes. I wonder when we'll get some more haruhi goodness from KyoAni, though. Been too long.

Me? Just got up-to-date with Shingeki no Kyojin. Latest chapters have been better than the ones during the initial 50s. Those were kinda off-putting ;p

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
    For me it's:
    One Piece, The Gamer(it's korean if I'm not mistaken), Fairy Tail(to my shame), Akame ga Kill, and Destroy and Revolution.
    I've finished a lot of stuff but that's what i'm reading right now. I'd love to find new stuff though.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    I will be reading the second LN for Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai soon, the first one was a complete success! I want to re-watch the anime, I just realized how much I miss the characters!

Years
    I will be reading the second LN for Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai soon, the first one was a complete success! I want to re-watch the anime, I just realized how much I miss the characters!

The manga's a decent way to get your fill as well.

Anyway, I've recently read Black Cat volumes 16 and 17.

18, 19, and 20 will eventually happen sometime in the future.

Years
    The manga's a decent way to get your fill as well.

Anyway, I've recently read Black Cat volumes 16 and 17.

18, 19, and 20 will eventually happen sometime in the future.

Turns out 18, 19, and 20 happened yesterday and today! Nearly to 50 finished series finally!

I've moved onto the TAGRO version of Panty & Stocking With Garterbelt. That's a small book, so that will probably be finished very quickly.

Years
    Finished Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Monday. Moved onto I Don't Like You At All Big Brother!! volumes 7 and 8 and finished those Tuesday. I also started reading the manga for Himouto! Umaru-chan on Tuesday. That has been a lot of fun so far.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    My list of series that I'm reading, contains:
    - One Piece (still pretty good series)
    - Fairy Tail (decent story; presentation is meh, mainly because of all the fan service)
    - Gintama (really good series)

Also, some series, where "waiting" fits more than "reading", imo:
    - Berserk
    - Hunter x Hunter

Years
    Recently read the following:

Himouto! Umaru-chan (caught up)
    Barakamon (volume 4 and part of volume 5)
    A Certain Magical Index (volume 1)
    Dragonar Academy (volume 6)
    Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! (web published 4koma)
    Harukaze BITTER POP (up to chapter 6)
    Boku no Kirai na Kimi no Koto (from the Another Sky collection of one-shots).

Most of these have been pretty fun reads.

Back