• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saurav

~`;I am the Frozen Sun;`~
Years
I am having a hard tim figuring out how to save on this game. I am new to this so i don;t get it. Whenever I try to ssave it says please exchange your backup memory. I believe that I have everything in the right settings (flash 128 k), but it still won't work.

Any suggestions?

If you are using VisualBoyAdvance press "Ctrl & S" at the same time to save and to load the game just press "Ctrl & L" plus you can save the game anytime anywhere.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2007
thanks alot for that bit of info. Do you guys have any recomendation for a flash card brand or type? Ive been looking at the EZ flash ones.

Thanks.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Hey Zel, fantastic work so far. Im just wondering, when you first start off when you enter the 2nd town, the old man who gives you the town map looks like he descends from the sky, is this ment to be like that?

It is meant like that because the sprite is too close to the maps borders, so when you connect maps, you get that result. I'm not fixing that because that sprite has a script and movements assigned to that position, so... :P

edited: btw.. i've looking the walkthrough for the unfinished beta version (until the powerplant i think..) can anyone tell me where i can find it?

I posted dirk's walkthrough right above the Betas at my first post

An idea about the red Gyarados thing: can you set a flag if you are defeated by it? Because you could made a battle start after you go out of the PC (ex: a trainer wants to show you his shiny poke) and after the battle you take out the shiny flag (and the you-lost-to-the-gyarados flag for if someone loses again... maybe some of those people who try to beat the game with just a poke XD)

Well, I was thinking kinda the same thing, it's not actually necessary another battle, but, yes, I'd need to set a flag before Gyarados' battle, and clear it after the battle. If you lose, flag still is set, and that tells me when you are walking out of the PC that I should call the asm command again.
Still, remember that I'm tired of fixing, so no more fixing till the next one. I wanna keep up with the game.

I finally found out why my game wouldn't save. There was a problem with my VBA 1.8.0. So I deleted everything(emulator, game, sav file etc...) then I put it back on again and now ot works fine. BTW Zel, what do you mean by The battles against Silver will work like how they are working now. With that little "presentation", this is just because this allows me to use a different battle BGM (and in the end, this BGM will be changed for its classic battle BGM)?

A problem with your VBA? Hmmm... Interesting, perhaps this could help more people?

Anyway, I just meant that. The pre-battle introduction will happen at all your Rival encounters, which leads to a battle with a different BGM (which I'm planning to replace)

I found a broken ladder in the Whirl Islands: when I walk on top of it, nothing happens, so I effectively get stuck in the area.

That's true. Sorry for traping you. *Updates Bug List*

I am having a hard tim figuring out how to save on this game. I am new to this so i don;t get it. Whenever I try to ssave it says please exchange your backup memory. I believe that I have everything in the right settings (flash 128 k), but it still won't work.

Any suggestions?

The right way to do things is: delete any .sav or .sa1 files, then make sure the Flash 128k option is enabled. And then, load the rom, if you keep having troubles perhaps is a problem of the VBA emulator, as one of the earlier posts commented.

It Freezes When I throw a pokeball..

A patching problem, or a rom problem. You will have to try again.

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2007
If you are using VisualBoyAdvance press "Ctrl & S" at the same time to save and to load the game just press "Ctrl & L" plus you can save the game anytime anywhere.

Well, I usually do do that, but right now I am at the Elite 4 and after I beat everthing it is supposed to save and then I should be back at New Bark. But since its not able to save, I just go back to where I previously saved before. So, I don't know what to do.

rithwik

Modern story maker
Years
Well, I usually do do that, but right now I am at the Elite 4 and after I beat everthing it is supposed to save and then I should be back at New Bark. But since its not able to save, I just go back to where I previously saved before. So, I don't know what to do.

Well u probaply have to restart the game and try to proceed in the game untill it saves, its just my suggestion. So plz dont get mad at me if it doesnt help u.:P

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2007
Well u probaply have to restart the game and try to proceed in the game untill it saves, its just my suggestion. So plz dont get mad at me if it doesnt help u.:P

Ok, well, if thats what I have to do then so be it. But, what is normally supposed to happen after yo beat the elite 4?

clonex25

Just droppin' by...
Years
Just want to comment about that bug pokemon there... namely ARD...
He keeps on crying about that cheating stuff, always thinking that his bug Pokemon are the best, undefeatable, invincible...
Do I cheat if I have Cyndaquil, Graveler, and Pidgeotto in my team?
Nice character, anyway. I've never seen a Pokemon game character that cries much as ARD do.

To Zel: I hope you can go further with that Title Screen. It's good but can be better.
Optional(question?): Would you consider Solar Gold and/or Lunar Silver as the hack's title? Both colors have its relation to the celestial bodies, IMHO.

To anyone out there: Is Liquid Crystal a good name for a Crystal remake hack? I thought of it because Suicune is a Water-type.

CarolinaSquirtle

Go Tarheels!
Years
I dont know if this glitch has been found already and i'm sorry if it has, but here it is...When i went to beat the Elite 4 and got up to Lorlei(sp?) and stood right in front of her. Then I opened the menu and checked my pokemon then exited the menu. As soon as I exited the sub-pokemon menu my overworld sprite took like 4 steps forward(straight through Lorlei) and I ended up outside of her room and could not get back in. It was wierd. At least I had saved right b4 goin up against the elite 4.

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2007
in cianwood there is no suicune right?

and town map is weird. does everybody has it like that

Last edited:
Years
I found a small glitch.
6sm97oqxwrhx04bx6bf7.png

The new beta is awesome! I love all the new events, especially the J&J event at the S.S.Aqua ^^
Keep it up!

EDIT: Wtf... I could catch Celebi before actually giving the GS-Ball to Kurt!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2009
While surfing on the water in the Mt. Mortar area that's only accessible using Waterfall, I ran into Missingno.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2007
and town map is weird. does everybody has it like that
i have weird map too, but i believe that zel fix it for some beta.

btw, thx zel for fixing that HM bug, now i have that HM and i can play the game :P

i have pokemon gold on my gameboy but this is maybe even better than the original gold :D

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
I can't save in shiny gold x.
(there are no save files in the folder). I tried everything, including copying the beta 3's save file to the folder.. nothing works.
zel, can you please fix that?

Have a clean rom when patching beta 4.
Make sure the save setting is set to flash 128.
remove old .sav or .sa1 files.
Start the game from the beginning (don't use a old savestat)

Zowayix

hi
Years
I have a big problem with shinygold.
I'm using beta 4 bugfix (the latest version). I am not using SGX.
I beat Bugsy, solved the Farfetch'd puzzle, and exited Ilex Forest through the exit to Goldenrod. I went into a hallway-building type thing. When I exited the hallway building through the top exit (that would lead me to Goldenrod), the screen turned black and I couldn't do anything. The music was still playing though.

I'm absolutely sure that I patched over a clean rom, because I used a copy of the same FireRed ROM for beta 3.5 (which worked perfectly).

Does anyone know what might have caused this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back