• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Spoiler:

awww dude I finished the anime a while ago, but for the people who haven't, spoiler tags should really be put into use.

Btw I loved GL sooo much! One of my favorite anime! I heard Kill La Kill was similair in the over the topness because the creators of GL made KlK. Should I be watching this... Is it as good as the hype says it is?

Years

Valid... Lappy says.

Hey, wait, why is Code Geass associated with pizza for you? =D

Agree with these 5 things but it's...
1) Believing
2) Drills
3) Piercing (drills obviously, you know?)
4) Universe
5) Boota Glasses

Well, CC is nearly constantly eating pizza. And all the AMVs in the vein of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzMctd8bb20 . I'd link the original but the sound has vanished from that for some reason that does not appear to be a copyright claim.

Those were just my personal first five things that came to mind.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
@Apollo - Kill la Kill is its own piece of work. Do not go into it expecting anything and or for it to "overcome" TTGL and you'll have an awesome time. It is a really, really fun ride. That's all.

Although Mankanshoku Mako is life.

Mako_Mankanshoku_Profile.png

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024

Yesss, I should've put that Kamina post before in spoilers, oops. Gonna do that. Sometimes I forget that not everyone watched and finished Gurren Lagann five years ago. XD;

Would telling him Kamina makes a cameo at the end (or at least, I think he does. It's been a couple of years since I saw TTGL) be enough motivation?

I've told him! He still doesn't care. ;; It's kind of frustrating.

derozio

Years
That's...sad. Kamina's death actually marks the point for a lot of people from where the series transitions from being a decent to a good series. :/

I have a friend who saw FMAB and loved it to death. But now refuses to watch anything else because "I've already seen the best and anything else will pale in comparison". How silly.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I saw the first episode of Kill la Kill and well... I went in thinking I would be getting some casual-ish anime but jesus it's dumb? if that's a good word, I love it because it isn't serious all the time like one third of the time things get serious. I really like it... But Gundam Build Fighters is the best anime from last year...

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I have a friend who refuses to finish TTGL, because he stopped watching
Spoiler:
You should seriously persuade that friend somehow... that situation became a huge turning point for the direction of the series =)
Even though I gotta say I did not like the political arc of the second half of TTGL...

That's...sad. Kamina's death actually marks the point for a lot of people from where the series transitions from being a decent to a good series. :/
Agreed... but it's still sad that you have to make such an radical thing to catapult a series into stardom.

Years
The series got better after that point because

Spoiler:

derozio

Years
^ yeah, Kamina was a well liked character. Quite a lot of people like him. I was mostly indifferent, tbh. :p I used to like him a lot earlier. Now, not so much.

Either way, his departure was a good plot device.

On a side note, anyone seen any MUST watch anime from 2013? Or anime of 2014? I'm sorta looking for short ones.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Sakazuki said:
I have a friend who saw FMAB and loved it to death. But now refuses to watch anything else because "I've already seen the best and anything else will pale in comparison". How silly.

I went through that after watching the end to Code Geass in 2008! Erghh, there are still a handful of anime that can certainly rip out your heart. Kill la Kill, hah, try it out yourself and see if you like it or not!

Sakazuki said:
On a side note, anyone seen any MUST watch anime from 2013? Or anime of 2014? I'm sorta looking for short ones.
For 2014, the other series I'm following Space Dandy (Unknown episodes) and Noragami (12 episodes). For 2013, I liked Kyoukai no Kanata (12).

I only watch anime that engages me, so by default they're all pretty cool to me. Space Dandy is bizarre and funny while the other two are dark supernatural. The only one I technically finished, Kyoukai, is worth watching. I can't say if any currently airing episodes are a MUST see if I don't know how they end :P! One would very likely have to watch a full series to know if it's a splendid work of art or not.

Does that help ya, onii-chan <.>?

Years
I second the Kyoukai recommendation :D It was a great series majority of the way through, but I felt the ending could have been better...Just my opinion though :P Another one from the Fall 2013 season would be Outbreak Company if you're looking for comedy with multiple anime references.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Initially, I didn't understand the ending, but I read some interpretations that just about blew my mind. So that's why I think it's stellar, anyway.

Ooh, Outbreak Company is 12 episodes. I'll check it out.

Years
Just out of curiosity, does anyone watch Nobunaga the Fool and know where the subbed version of episode 7 is...? It should have been out earlier today, but still not seeing it D:

Sir Codin

Crunchyroll's going to have it up soon I think.

Haven't watched that series. I'm currently watching Kill La Kill. Also watching Dirty Pair Flash.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

Uchouten Kazoku
Gin no Saji
Nagi no Asukara
Samurai Flamenco
Senki Zesshou Symphogear - 2nd series is a massive improvement over the first which was still pretty fun
Kyousou Giga

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Has anyone seen Psycho Pass?

I'm a big Gen Urobuchi fan and love most the shows he's written. I was wondering if Psycho Pass was any good or not because from what i've heard it has mostly mixed reviews.

Years
Has anyone seen Psycho Pass?

I'm a big Gen Urobuchi fan and love most the shows he's written. I was wondering if Psycho Pass was any good or not because from what i've heard it has mostly mixed reviews.

Definitely would recommend watching it. I thought it would be a series that consisted mostly of positive reviews so it's surprising to hear it's been mixed \: But if you like a good series with a solid story and plot with psychological aspects, watch it! Psycho-Pass makes you think about humanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back