• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • But yeah, it's kinda a bad version of Durarara. They didn't know which group they wanted to pander the most, the otaku, with the stupid cat girl that spent 24/7 naked, or fujoshi, with the bishonens and homoerotic tensions between Black and White. I only managed to complete six episodes, three episodes back when it was airing, three episodes few weeks ago. I've seen some terrible anime, both boring bad, and offending bad, and I this is kinda a mix of both haha.

Is this about K Project? I thought the same thing. I was really confused on why they spent so much time covering characters I didn't think we were supposed to have cared about - the red King and blue King and the grunts and the guy who could use both red/blue powers. I feel like this anime could have been better if it was more focused on just the main 3 (maybe even just the 2 humans without the cat girl? Because what was with her?).

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Wow. Personally I thought it took a while to really warm up.
    It's only getting better and better. I really can't wait until I reach the part where it's supposed to become really good (starting with season 2 iirc, from ep29 onwards). Currently at episode 14. I really like the format where one episode is from Reinhard's POV and one episode from Wenli's POV. It really works well this way. I find it a bit funny that both Toru Furuya and Ikeda Shuuichi (Amuro and Char) are voicing characters in LoGH, same sides once again.

@Altairis Her whole point was fanservice. She's probably a cat just so they could justify why she's naked and dumb all the time. Her whole character is a walking pair of boobies.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I've seen only four episodes and it was pretty damn intriguing. I really, really want to watch all of it asap. But it is long and I'll watch it when I'm totally free. The four eps didn't disappoint me though, that I would say.

Lappy said:
    I didn't really like Mirai and the main dude that much in KnK. Thought the siblings were pretty funny though. Pretty indifferent to the anime though.
    Too early to judge for me. But I like their designs. Mirai looks cute at least.

Years
  • Speaking of Kyoukai, I was on Tumblr one day a while back and came across the weirdest video. I think it was 5 minutes of randomness with Hiroomi prancing around with nothing, but his scarf on XD That anime was my favourite of the season, but at the same time the ending was kind of not what I expected and anticlimactic \:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Speaking of Kyoukai, I was on Tumblr one day a while back and came across the weirdest video. I think it was 5 minutes of randomness with Hiroomi prancing around with nothing, but his scarf on XD That anime was my favourite of the season, but at the same time the ending was kind of not what I expected and anticlimactic \:
    Wasn't it one of KnK trials? Trials are shorts with chibi girls sentencing other characters.
    Hiroomi is fabulous, though xD

Years
  • Wasn't it one of KnK trials? Trials are shorts with chibi girls sentencing other characters.
    Hiroomi is fabulous, though xD

Yeah! XD Hiroomi was probably my favourite character in KnK. It was hilarious because I kept picturing Makoto from Free! since they share the same voice actor. There's multiple trials? There's more than one of these shorts? o:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Yeah! XD Hiroomi was probably my favourite character in KnK. It was hilarious because I kept picturing Makoto from Free! since they share the same voice actor. There's multiple trials? There's more than one of these shorts? o:
    Yep. There are three of them.
    One is about Akkey, one is about their teacher and the last is about Hiro.

derozio

Years
  • I haven't seen any episode of KnK after the first one. XD; Kinda got lost while watching Noragami, Evangelion and Gintama haha.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    ^ Same. I watched the first episode with the bf but never got any further :< it did seem interesting though, I promise I'll pick it up again... eventually.

Instead we watched all of FMA: Brotherhood.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • Sooo I finished rewatching ToraDora and i actually liked it a lot more than when i watched it the first time... Am i the only one that was team Minorin? XD

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I haven't seen any episode of KnK after the first one. XD; Kinda got lost while watching Noragami, Evangelion and Gintama haha.

Haha, I watched the first two episodes before getting completely lost. It's kind of slow, too, so my attention was neither here nor there with each episode. :( People say it's better further in but I can't manage.

derozio

Years
  • Magic said:
    ^ Same. I watched the first episode with the bf but never got any further :< it did seem interesting though, I promise I'll pick it up again... eventually.

Instead we watched all of FMA: Brotherhood.
    lol, again, same. I'll pick it up eventually as well. Will let those episodes I downloaded in HD just stay here in my HDD for now. :p And good choice @ FMAB. One of my faves. :D

Apollo said:
    Sooo I finished rewatching ToraDora and i actually liked it a lot more than when i watched it the first time... Am i the only one that was team Minorin? XD
    ahaha, I was lurking and I saw this post and had to log in - I was on team Minorin too! XD;

Dave said:
    Haha, I watched the first two episodes before getting completely lost. It's kind of slow, too, so my attention was neither here nor there with each episode. :( People say it's better further in but I can't manage.
    I can relate. :p But I have downloaded it and Blade said its good so I'll eventually watch it.

Years
  • My boyfriend was bored so we decided to watch some Kill la Kill since it's been ages and we never got past the second episode. Saw until 6, this show has got to be the most random and crazy thing I've ever seen lol. Only characters I like so far are Inumuta and the pink-haired orchestra girl whose name escapes me atm. 8(

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • First half only had a couple of good episodes, got better after the monster of the week format finished.

Most of the characters end up being pretty great. Well, Ryuuko not so much but I expect she'll go full Simon later on. Rainbow mum is best.

derozio

Years
  • Disco Milf overlord. That's what I heard some people on FB call her. :p

Either way, keep going, Janna! It gets better, much better! :D

Years
  • uhh so I finished psycho-pass! thus completes my 4th anime series: code geass, anohana, fma:b, and now psycho-pass (in that order).

it's interesting that you guys were talking about it a couple weeks back, cuz that's when it got recommended to me. and you know what? I LOVED IT.

yeah the characters were a bit bland - with the exception of kougami, hmm actually i liked dad and ginoza was kinda a lil ♥♥♥♥♥ but grew out of it by the ending which was cute. also my friend found kougami very fanservicey hnnnggggg maybe i should work out or something but still! the anime was provocative and i cared about it and that's what matters.

anyways, i've loved all the series i've watched so MMMM also i've never introduced myself here. i'm john and i usually marathon a series within two or three days because i need my sleep. i'm not really an anime person (that's what i tell everyone) because i can't help my habit of marathoning series in the place of life and the shows i do watch i watch because somebody i like recommended it to me.

so yeah! fun times :3

Years
  • uhh so I finished psycho-pass! thus completes my 4th anime series: code geass, anohana, fma:b, and now psycho-pass (in that order).

it's interesting that you guys were talking about it a couple weeks back, cuz that's when it got recommended to me. and you know what? I LOVED IT.

yeah the characters were a bit bland - with the exception of kougami, hmm actually i liked dad and ginoza was kinda a lil ♥♥♥♥♥ but grew out of it by the ending which was cute. also my friend found kougami very fanservicey hnnnggggg maybe i should work out or something but still! the anime was provocative and i cared about it and that's what matters.

anyways, i've loved all the series i've watched so MMMM also i've never introduced myself here. i'm john and i usually marathon a series within two or three days because i need my sleep. i'm not really an anime person (that's what i tell everyone) because i can't help my habit of marathoning series in the place of life and the shows i do watch i watch because somebody i like recommended it to me.

so yeah! fun times :3

Good god, that only took you like 2-3 days to finish D: What did you think of the story for PSYCHO-PASS? :P And I have never met someone who has only watched 4 anime series...Well, first for everything I guess.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back