• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Thank you for clearing that up scienceboy!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • i truthfuly think that C.A is actualy way farther than he's telling us he is. i think he's very far in kanto and mabey even on johto.
    I cant reveal anything at all and i mean anything(cause i dont know much) but i assure you he isnt anyway near that far of a point.

Pika Storm

learning to script
    Years
  • unless you are part of the staff, you can't say that. It would be nice if C.A. updated everytime something got done, but that's asking for too much. C.A. himself said about 20 pages back that he was actually doing things that the staff doesn't even know about yet, and is actually much farther than most people think. I'm not saying I know how far he is, but unless he pm's you every time something gets done, no-one has the right to say that

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    few things
    1 - you don't run the internet
    2 - yes, they use memory, but they don't use alot
    3 - he could have enough memory to run an internet browser, but not enough for an MMO of this size. they would have completely different requirments memory wise, you can't really compare
    Read the quote. It was a rhetorical question. The maps shouldn't be a problem at all to load since the maps are basically information of what is where. It's drawn depending where the character is.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Pika Storm i am part of the staff! If it weren for me or blazers there wouldnt be pokemon variations for kanto or sinnoh.(assuming blazers is still part of the team)

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • Happy Halloween!!

Many of you are talking about the progress of the game, and how far the project really is; compared to the amount of information released to the public. But "Far" is a very general term, and by using the way it has been used, can be very misleading.

I and my team, are very far into this project, we have done and accomplished many things. But look at the grandscale, lets look at the picture as a hole.

This is a huge project, unlike any other Pokémon project ever seen. And with as far, and big as we are going, you have to realize that every little thing done counts, and pull's their own weight. Whether it be just one simple tile, or the script for an event; everything adds up. And because of that, you have to realize that with as far as we have to go, something big can actually be minuscule, while something tiny, can be huge. For example, Viridian City; that was a monumental task, and the cornerstone of this projects quality, determination, and spirit. It gave each and everyone of you a tiny taste of what this is going to be, just a tiny taste. And yes, making Viridian City was a huge thing, not to mention huge in size, but compared to the pile of work in our hands, it is but a tiny spec. But, it a huge tiny spec. I know this may sound very confusing, but think about it, you may understand what I mean.

There also is some talk about how the progress of the project is getting done. And some suggestions that I may be "skipping around." Let me say this.

This project is huge, absolutley huge. There is no time, to skip around, and do one city, from a completely different region, and then go off and do another town from a different region. The reason being is that the maps would become incosistent with it's surrounding areas. Not only that, by taking on just one region at a time, it makes it easier to focus on what's at hand, therefore providing better quality maps, and concepts. I already once said that I'm focusing on Kanto, and working on nothing else. And I will say it again; Kanto, being the first region of exporation, is the team's main focus right now. Yes, there is always work being done on other regions, but about 95% of all work and effort is going towards Kanto. And then after we finish Kanto, the Orange Islands will be next, followed by Johto, Hoenn, Orre, Fiore, and Sinnoh respectively. Once again, there is no time to skip, and hop around to do other things, we work to get the most important things done first.

Oh, and about a progress percentage bar. I truly wish to have one, but at this point in time, it would serve no purpose, and the front page is in disarray. The front page will be overhauled in the next update. But a progress bar will not be included on the front page, but we will at one point incorperate one.

These are all the questions I'll answer for today. It is Friday, I and my team have much work to do this weekend, and not to mention it is Halloween! And in celebration of Halloween, the Scifi channel is airing my favorite show, Ghost Hunters, with a live 7 hour investigation! So, that as well is high on my priority list.

Have a great and happy Halloween everyone, and be safe tonight
    The Pokémon the Lost World Team
    Captain Arcane

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Uh-huh, got it CA, so are you going to show Pewter next? Oh did you get my PM?

Atomic Reactor

don't ask what he's going to show next. just wait and be patient.
    let it be a surprise.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Aha cool captain answered all the questions we need! But wow sinnoh last eh? Then i got a whole lot of time till i need to have my work finished ^_^

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    what if nintendo made a new region. will C.A add that region and it's pokemon or will he just stop with shinoh.

and could you find pokemon from diffrent regions in a certaint region(example: you find a bunary in vermillion city).
    ink

I think, (Think Scienceboy, or whoever will yell,) that CA said he's putting in Almia, so who knows. Maybe?

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    If your computer can't run this game then your computer shouldn't run browsers.
    Sorry, but that's simply not true, some of the maps for this game will be huge, and online mode will involve loads of information being sent back and forth, I'll try and optimise the code as much as I can, but ultimately it's going to need relatively good computers.

(Yes I did say I'll try and optimise the code, I'm the newest member of the Captain's team, I'm now the head coder)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I was wondering... Since in the games you usually have a mother who can save money for you. Since the region(s) aren't that large a ground to cover it's ok if you want to withdraw money every once in a while. Now this game is much larger, which means that if you're mother stays in one place (which would make sense because it's her home) you will have to travel much further if you are in need of money. That made me wonder if the Captain is going to be using this system or if he is going to implement something else that will allow you to save your money.
    I can't remember this question or something similar being asked before, so I hope I'm not repeating things...

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    ink

I think, (Think Scienceboy, or whoever will yell,) that CA said he's putting in Almia, so who knows. Maybe?

i have no problem with you saying something like that. but its different then what i was yelling at you about.

you guys were talking about a feature that you guys thought up of as though it was definately going to be in the game. THATS what i have a problem with.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Sorry, but that's simply not true, some of the maps for this game will be huge, and online mode will involve loads of information being sent back and forth, I'll try and optimise the code as much as I can, but ultimately it's going to need relatively good computers.

(Yes I did say I'll try and optimise the code, I'm the newest member of the Captain's team, I'm now the head coder)
    Did you even read my last post? I said that because 2D maps are very simple to load and even easier to display.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back