• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon CAPTURED Version (OOC)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It's alright. We've been pretty good at keeping the pace up for this RP already ^^

EDIT:
    ~ Wind ~ hasn't showed up, and thus the RP has slowed down stopped. One spot is open, but don't y'all rush your SUs. I've got a person in mind for the spot, if he chooses to post his SU. *waits*

Which means, ~ Wind ~ is kicked out, and the pokémon we'll catch now before meeting Caleb is the new player's character instead of Bagon.

Last edited:

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
  • :(
    Sorry I haven't posted, but i'm kicked out?
    I have a post typed up, I just wasn't able to post it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm sorry, I don't mean to be mean at all. But the RP was rather vivid, until we got the the place where you were supposed to show up, and you didn't for about 4 days. It's still in the beginning of the RP, as the trainer hasn't even caught all his pokémon yet, so a stop like that really wasn't a good thing for us... Had it been further in, when you were already a part of the group, I would have been more patient.

Well, alright. Post away, you'll get a second chance :)

MMGiru

Dilettante Extraordinaire
    Years
  • It just occurred to me to ask, how much can we flavor Caleb's pokemon? Or any NPC's, for that matter.

I hope you hadn't already addressed this, though I suppose I should've checked.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Flavor?

Well, you are allowed to completely control it in the battle. The goal here is not to win, but to make the battle as interesting and fun as possible! Let your character's personality shine through in the upcoming battle. I will decide what opponent pokémon you face, but other than that, it's up to you.

Also, remember you will lose ;p

MMGiru

Years
  • Just spent four hours writing an SU, before I realized that they were closed just after I started.

A word count said that there were 913 words.

It seems rude to post in either that RP's thread or post it's title, so I guess I'd rather vent in this little box. Anyway, I guess I now see the import of reserving spots.

:/

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah, I guess... I've disliked reservations a bit since that prolongs the waiting time sometimes. But I guess if you set a limit to it the number of accepted players, as well as to the reservation time, it works the best.

I'm sorry to hear. But hey, don't you want to enter the New Johto League RP? I've just entered, and the GM is a good one.

MMGiru

Years
  • You know... I've become a little too attached to this character, for now. It's a sort of amalgam of all the vile, awesome, and vain things I would want in a RP character, as well as an idea I had for modding R/S/E, which I've no talent for.

I'm just gonna pretend it's not a lack of creative effort on my part.

-----EDIT-----

Scratch that. I've just encountered mischief in my mind.

Fufufufufufufufufu....

I'll try a manga archetype....

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Nimblethuuumbs~ Come and finish the battleeh!

I'm gonna let you guys raise in levels faster after Petalburg.

MMGiru

Years
  • I was gonna do some moaning of my own, but I decided to just write these three sentences. It seemed longer than three days since the last post.

Here's the third sentence, that I gave myself space for in that prediction in the first one.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hm, well, it can be that way sometimes. Hope you'll get better, Nimble.

I'm pretty busy myself this next month of february-march days. Got big tests around the 15th of March or so, and have to really start to study for real now. I'm feeling a bit bad about being in so many RPs when I shouldn't even be on PC... but it's fun 8D

Also, I'm realizing this idea of having a pokémon party RP is about as difficult as they told me when I made this xD If you have any ideas of how it could be improved (maybe so people wouldn't have to wait so much for each other), I'm welcoming them.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    And I have something to admit. Since a while back, I've realized this RP might have been a good idea, but a little too hard to actually perform. It might be possible to run an RP where the participants are pokémon on the same team, but in this basic trainer plot, it's hard to give the RPers enough freedom. Basically, I've become the one who creates the story alone and you just post your views of it. I didn't really mean for it to be like that.

So, if anyone of you want to take up the position as Game Master for this RP, you are free to do it. I, unfortunately, think I'll be resigning...

Are you guys very unhappy with that? :,(

Years
  • Godzil is sad that this RP has stalled. I realise that it has been difficult, and it has been like an interactive novel at times. You tell a story, and we provide the views of our characters while watching the others. It's a slow, turn-based style of play, kind of like a tabletop RPG. It could continue if we treat it like that, but that's not everyone's preferred playstyle.

I'm sorry to see you go, but if it's not working, then so be it. Whoever picks up as the GM (NOT me, I'm terrible at it) might consider playing it like we're all at a table somewhere. We'll see how it goes.

Wow, that was oddly wordy and logical. Weird, coming from the player of the dumbest character.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Actually, I thought I was reading a post by MMGiru for a second ;p

Like I said, feel free to take up the GM spot, or to take the whole concept and make a new RP out of it, maybe with a different plot that makes it easier for the pokémon players to, well, play.

MMGiru

Years
  • Brushing right past that, I had a thought I'd been tossing around my head.

I've just finished re-doing the base game of DAO (65-ish hours, there) and only have Awakening and Witch Hunt left before I can play the sequel, so now seems a good time to bring it up.

Perhaps we could get stolen by some sort of costumed organization(s?). It would give a whole new angle to "CAPTURED". Also, we'd be able to control our new trainers. Anyway; I guess it would be a great deal of thought to work out the motives of the thieves. Hmmm....

Well, back to slaying darkspawn, demons, and the like. I really need to finish re-making the save data, and successfully get that romantic ending to Witch Hunt.

Back