• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon CAPTURED Version (OOC)

Years
    I'd think it's like the anime, where Rudy doesn't understand Pokemon talk. However, a psi-link with Psi might work once their bond (and Psi's powers) devolop a little.

Also! If Rudy can focus (ha ha!) perhaps he can learn to understand basically what they mean. For example, if Desert if exicted and Scrapper is angry at a tree, a Pokemon is probably in that tree.

You know, body language and stuff...

By the way, my posts will either be short or take time to post, cause these smart phones are hard to type on. Things will be different when my computer gets back from the shop!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'd think it's like the anime, where Rudy doesn't understand Pokemon talk. However, a psi-link with Psi might work once their bond (and Psi's powers) devolop a little.

Also! If Rudy can focus (ha ha!) perhaps he can learn to understand basically what they mean. For example, if Desert if exicted and Scrapper is angry at a tree, a Pokemon is probably in that tree.

You know, body language and stuff...

By the way, my posts will either be short or take time to post, cause these smart phones are hard to type on. Things will be different when my computer gets back from the shop!

I hope he's able to understand those things yeah xD Or else he won't have much chance at becoming a good trainer.

And it's fine ^^ let's hope your computer gets back soon.

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
    Just a note, what does Rudy look like?
    Does he look like Brendan?
    'Cus that would be easy to imagine, but of course, there is the chance he could be looking different.
    Also, should we wait until we're captured to post?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The trainer's name is Rudy Norman. He's an energetic boy who has just moved to Littleroot in Hoenn, but has grown up in Johto. He's 13 years old and not too mature for his age. Sometimes he runs into trouble without thinking beforehand. He's witty though, and more strategic than one would assume. His hair is brown and rather wild, he usually wears a blue hoodie and black shorts as well as a pair of goggles on his forehead to look cool.

Said in the very first post in the main thread ;) I can try to paint a pic of how I imagine him but not right now xD... wait a minute. I just realized who he might be very alike:

Daarn, I didn't realize I copied his looks from Tai in Digimon .___. I hope you're ok with that though, since I happen to like these kind of characters xD
    So, there you go, only magine a big blue hoodie, black shorts instead and you've got Rudy.

And posting: that's how I planned it, yes, since I figured finding Desert is our only business on route 103 and then we'll swiftly move to route 102 and find the others. But... if Nimble doesn't post soon, I guess you others can post if you like ^^ just make sure Rudy can still run in to you on the way to Petalburg somewhere. Or in Bagon's case on the other side of Petalburg.

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
    This what you're aiming for?

Please excuse my bad spriting, BTW, credits to PKMNAqua from deviantart, the Rudy sprite is edited from his Brendan sprite.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Haha, you're not excused, you're admired. I can't do anything at all ^^ Well I guess he takes the hood off once in a while.

My MS Paint-skills are forthy-two times worse than anyone's spriting xD But here's kinda how I imagine him. Plus his cute little (manly)(future) team :
    Spoiler:

MMGiru

Dilettante Extraordinaire
    Years
    I've been playing Minecraft most of the day.

Now I've come back to the thread and I see...

[Single tear]
    I look forward to working with you, everyone.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    To see a horrible pixel painting? ^___^

I'm itching to get started on the RP. Be patient, be patient *mantra*

MMGiru

Years
    Hmmm.... By the time I finished my post, there was more to respond to. Now I have to get some work done, though. :/

Dunno if I should, or will need to double post later today, but there's quite a bit of snow to deal with here. Again.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Wonderful way to get to know some of Desert's history! Rudy hasn't got a clue about it xD And I'll make him give you the nickname as soon as I can so it'll be easier to write about him ^^

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    Wow, MMgiru, your post made me double over laughing. So, i suppose that now Psi gets along with Trapinch, but Trapinch won't let Psi near the berries he's collected? Jk.

MMGiru

Years
    Haven't yet come up with a way to give myself that nickname.

Both Scrapper and Claw are on 102 are on this Route, right?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Claw will be found when we get to Petalburg :)

Scrapper and Buzz are on route 102.

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    Just so you know, I'm ready to be caught. I thought it would be better to let another character write my battle post, like psi did with desert. Just be sure to keep to my quirky nature! (and I'm fought on that one pond at the beginning of route 102)

Years
    Okay, my post is up! Whoever wants to fight, get it on!

Just to clarify, the first part is Scrapper having a dream. The second part is him finding the scene of Desert and Psi's fight, and his reaction to seeing Rudy. The third part is what Rudy sees.

Also! My computer is back, so things are good! The "o" key doesn't work well, so forgive any minor spelling errors.

Nimblethumbs

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    Hah, godzil, Psi challenges you to a battle, though he's currently sleeping beind you. Might wanna watch your back. And I figure that desert goes and attacks first on you. And I dunno, 649, want me to fight buzz? Rudy will be with either one of us, I suppose.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Since I'm more or less gonna level up the pokémon who fights, it would be fair if you let someone who hasn't leveled up yet fight the new pokémon ;) Psi went to lvl 6 when we caught Desert. But if you guys agree on something else, it's up to you ^^

Also, lol xD Psi's always there for Rudy, but sleep comes before everything else! Love it. I'll make Rudy get Desert to fight!

And...... I think I'm going to let him have a pokédex even though I wasn't gonna from the start. I'm sorry if things don't add up, since I wrote his encounter with Desert as if he didn't own a pokédex, but now I think it'll get too confusing if he hasn't. He needs a way to find out his pokémon's attacks and stuff.

Yeah, we can fight Scrapper first and THEN find Buzz. Maybe Rudy disturbed Buzz when he fell in the pond.

Last edited:

Nimblethumbs

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    So, what you're saying is, you'll go and work with desert and scrapper, meanwhile Psi drinks some water and encounters Buzz? They'll be fighting, and by then you guys would have caught scrapper... Then... Yeah, we catch Buzz :).

Or does it go different??

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Well, sounds good ^^ But let 649 post and be Buzz, unless he says it's ok for you to bunny like when you battled Desert.

And, I guess Rudy and Desert will try to handle Scrapper somehow ^^ If you drag out the encounter with Buzz, Rudy can notice you afterwards and catch Buzz?

Back