• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon CAPTURED Version (OOC)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    -------------
    Pokémon Captured Version
    Pokémon CAPTURED Version (OOC)

-------------
    No spots currently open. When open, SUs go in this thread.
    -------------

Players

Nimblethumbs
    Psi the Abra Lv 9
    - Teleport
    - Psywave

Spoiler:

MMGiru
    Desert the Trapinch Lv 8
    - Bite
    - Sand Attack

Spoiler:

Buzz the Surskit Lv 8
    - Bubble
    - Quick Attack

Spoiler:

New2
    Claw the Slakoth Lv 8
    - Scratch
    - Yawn
    - Encore

Spoiler:

Godzil
    Scrapper the Aron Lv 8
    - Tackle
    - Harden

Spoiler:

~Wind~

Eurus the Bagon lv 7
    - Rage
    - Bite

Last edited:

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    Well RHCP wanted me to post here saying that Psi was rudys first pokemon...

Yeah^^^.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    xD I just want to make clear where everybody is when we start. The location for the capture doesn't have to make sense regarding the history of the character ^^ it's for convenience.

Abra is with Rudy.

Surskit will be caught on route 102.

Slakoth could be caught on the outskirts of Petalburg City.

Aron could be caught on route 102 to even it out.

Trapinch (who doesn't know Dig yet) could be caught on route 103.

And Bagon could be caught... on route 104 if you want to miss the father-son-battle, or on route 103 if we can say he wandered a bit after being released by the previous trainer.

Any comments or objections?

I edited the signup a bit, assuming caleb is first opponent.

That's fine~ :)

Last edited:

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
    What would the battle after Caleb be?
    I might try and get caught on 103 or the route from oldale to petalburg (wait, is that 104? Im confused T~T) or maybe Rudy could quickly train on 104 and "happen" to catch me.
    Unless the one after Caleb is good.

MMGiru

Dilettante Extraordinaire
    Years
    Sweet.

Dig would overpower him a bit. Just wondering whereabouts in the story we begin the RP, now.

Also, got's me a signature now. I've my ego to consider.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    What would the battle after Caleb be?
    I might try and get caught on 103 or the route from oldale to petalburg (wait, is that 104? Im confused T~T) or maybe Rudy could quickly train on 104 and "happen" to catch me.
    Unless the one after Caleb is good.
    Route 103 is above Oldale. Route 102 is between Oldale and Petalburg. Route 104 is between Petalburg and Rustboro (on both sides of the forest). And after Caleb he'll probably battle some trainers he finds on route 104 and in the forest. Maybe you could think about it until we get to Petalburg.

Sweet.

Dig would overpower him a bit. Just wondering whereabouts in the story we begin the RP, now.

Also, got's me a signature now. I've my ego to consider.
    Yes it might :p We'll start in Oldale, I was thinking. There'll only be Rudy and Psi (Nimblethumbs), so we'll go to route 103 pretty fast and catch the players there. Then we'll go to route 102 and catch the pokémon there. Then we might do it like this... (to help Wind a little) Caleb won't be in the gym so Rudy goes looking for him on route 104 and catches Eurus the Bagon. Caleb maybe sees this and agrees to let Rudy battle him, hm?

Phew, planning planning planning. Well.

Years
    Maybe not so magically jumped. I never stated who the Trainer was after all. He was caught young and released onto Route 102, or something. Maybe not the best place for the little metal-muncher, so Rudy's doing a good thing by catching him!

New2

<--- Your squishy doom.
    Years
    I like the idea of getting caught on the outskirts of Petalburg City, in between Oldale city and Petalburg. I'll edit my SU accordingly as far as anything that mentions getting caught in Petalburg Forest, if that's alright.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Maybe not so magically jumped. I never stated who the Trainer was after all. He was caught young and released onto Route 102, or something. Maybe not the best place for the little metal-muncher, so Rudy's doing a good thing by catching him!
    Alright, that's fine!

I like the idea of getting caught on the outskirts of Petalburg City, in between Oldale city and Petalburg. I'll edit my SU accordingly as far as anything that mentions getting caught in Petalburg Forest, if that's alright.

It's quite alright ^^

Great, unless anybody else has an objection, we will start within a day or two (depends on my school work -.- but don't worry). And I have a general storyline written out but you are the protagonists of this RP and if you want to do something; do it ;) as long as you're concentrating on typing down a good story and not making life too sour for one another.

I'd like to be the one deciding what routes we're on (since Rudy's the trainer after all and his pokémon will hopefully not run away from him too often. Gets less messy. So whatever you come up with in your vivid RPing, please don't sneak away to the next route, at least not without my permission :p (later on we might split up for whatever reason but let's not for now)

-----------------

EDIT: A question... I had planned for you pokémon to only be able to speak "human language" with each other and other pokémon. But would you rather be able to speak with Rudy as well? At least a little. In that case, maybe pokémon would only be able to speak with their own trainers and not every human.

What do you think would work best and be the most fun? It's our own reincarnation of the poké-verse ^^

Last edited:

MMGiru

Years
    'M thinking that some mental (emotional?) bond might be interesting. Maybe something you have to develop between specific human and pokemon?

Alternative to a bond between entities, maybe each entity develops an affinity for speaking with the other party.

Not that I've organized any thoughts on the matter. My attention at present is divided between this, keeping a woodstove going very hot, knowing I have to shovel a great deal of snow soon, and a delightful cheddar and pumpkin seed cracker.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oh, you just reminded me of the meat pie I prepared and should be making atm o.O

Hmm, maybe it could develop after the Caleb battle as a result of their (or just Rudy's xD) resolve and emotions? -ish. Ash seems to understand half of what Pikachu says these days.

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    I dunno, i personally think pokemon should be saying "Pika" instead of "Good morning." But the pokrmon can understand each other.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Alright, if more people think so we might keep it to as it's usually done. Pokémon understand pokémon and good enough human talk, and humans don't understand much pokémon talk.

MMGiru

Years
    Oooooh, snap; it hath begun.

Route 103....
    There's a wandering Trapinch there, if I'm not mistaken. >.<

Fully ready to attempt his dark move on that psychic, if that's how it plays out.

Unrelated, this DVD of His Girl Friday is in poor quality. Can't imagine what it must've looked like in original theatrical format.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Let's have a vote xD State in a post what you vote for.

Rudy talks with his pokémon .......... or ......... Like in the anime

And yay, a Trapinch~ I hope the Abra will stumble upon it, because Rudy is probably too tightly wound to pay attention to anything now xD Even though he's looking for it >.>

Also, I thought about some good-to-know-when-RPing-things~
    When you battle another player in the RP, you can of course do battles by posting back and forth between the two of you. End those posts before your attack hits, to give the opponent player a chance to evade or counterattack. If you are another player interacting with someone else simoultaneously, you can still post in between the battle posts ^^ (in the rules I stated we'd do different with NPC opponents)

And regarding post length... judge yourself xD Minimum is a fat paragraph, maximum is when it becomes a bit annoying/difficult for other players involved in the events your posting about to act as they would wish to do.

New2

<--- Your squishy doom.
    Years
    I vote for Like in the anime

However: I would like the idea of, perhaps after a while, Psi/Abra (Nimblethumbs) being able to communicate with Rudy telepathically, just because it seems in character of an Abra. After all, Psi is Rudy's FIRST Pokemon. It also gives a way to communicate with Rudy. Just an idea, but for the most part, I'm in favor for Pokemon saying Pokemon things. :>

MMGiru

Years
    Wow; I had this window open for about three hours, and my computer's slept twice. Log-in necessary.

Since it seems more or less binary, I guess I'll probably vote for separate speech. When I hear others' favoring of it, childhood memories return. Turns out, I'd more emotional attachment to the idea than I thought.

I was also considering, though (shamefully) not prepared to be the first to suggest, using Nimblethumbs' character as proxy. Granted, I do have passing concerns of intentional miscommunications, from a prankster.

To add some clarity and intelligibility: Like in the anime

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Alright, maybe that makes the most sense. You others can still post your vote, but until it weighs over on the talking choice, we'll go with using Psi or nothing ^^ We can see what Nimblethumbs thinks. I like the idea, Abra being psychic and all.

Back