• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
Well...they're really vague at the moment, since they don't really work, but oh well.

The first idea I had was that wizards/trainers had a 'partner' instead of a wand. Like in canon, the Pokemon would choose the user. Wizards (I'll just call them that) would channel their Pokemon's magic. Depending on their partner, there would be subjects they would be better at, though most wizards should still have a broad range of spells they could cast (in other words, it depends on the Pokemon's movepool; being stuck with a Magikarp partner would be...ouch).

But then I thought about the connection between Voldemort and Harry's wands, and just the complicated wandlore rules in general (ex: a wand could change its allegiance), so I thought, okay, maybe I could keep the wands in but add Pokemon. So then I thought that each wizard could have a guardian spirit or something like that, in the form of a Pokemon, and that their wands' appearances would depend on the spirit. (For example, a wizard with a Charizard for a guardian would have an orange wand, maybe with wings?) And their magic's strength would depend on the user's strength of spirit and the 'synchronization' between the wizard and the guardian.

And THEN I thought, what if Pokemon were magical creatures? So then a magical person would possess Pokemon traits: essentially, Pokemorphs/Gijinkas/however you want to call it. This idea isn't really creative and doesn't appeal to me that much.

So...any ideas?

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Well...they're really vague at the moment, since they don't really work, but oh well.

The first idea I had was that wizards/trainers had a 'partner' instead of a wand. Like in canon, the Pokemon would choose the user. Wizards (I'll just call them that) would channel their Pokemon's magic. Depending on their partner, there would be subjects they would be better at, though most wizards should still have a broad range of spells they could cast (in other words, it depends on the Pokemon's movepool; being stuck with a Magikarp partner would be...ouch).

But then I thought about the connection between Voldemort and Harry's wands, and just the complicated wandlore rules in general (ex: a wand could change its allegiance), so I thought, okay, maybe I could keep the wands in but add Pokemon. So then I thought that each wizard could have a guardian spirit or something like that, in the form of a Pokemon, and that their wands' appearances would depend on the spirit. (For example, a wizard with a Charizard for a guardian would have an orange wand, maybe with wings?) And their magic's strength would depend on the user's strength of spirit and the 'synchronization' between the wizard and the guardian.

And THEN I thought, what if Pokemon were magical creatures? So then a magical person would possess Pokemon traits: essentially, Pokemorphs/Gijinkas/however you want to call it. This idea isn't really creative and doesn't appeal to me that much.

So...any ideas?

Hmmmm....I guess the second ideas good. :) I guess you can tie it in with a spell like a Patronus? Maybe you can channel the spirit through or something?

And Gijinkas....I'm not sure :/ We tried that already like twice int eh past 2 months or so.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
Hmm...so maybe the corporeal Patronus could be the only way a wizard could see his guardian's true form (since it would be a spirit the rest of the time?)...

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Hmm...so maybe the corporeal Patronus could be the only way a wizard could see his guardian's true form (since it would be a spirit the rest of the time?)...
This sounds a little like the golden compass (the whole guardian thing).

Well guys, I've started working on my TWEWY/Pokemon crossover. Set in Unova this time!

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024

Well guys, I've started working on my TWEWY/Pokemon crossover. Set in Unova this time!

I guess it does a bit :) And so TWEWY RP is gonna be up soon, huh? I'm waiting :D

Years
Lol, you guys have made this into an OOC Thread for both Sophrosune and Hydroxylapitite xD
^ has a point. xD

Yup lol. That was something like what I was referring to the time I was thinking about a Golden Compass and Harry Potter mash-up RP.

Yay for Unova! I am still liking the new Pokemon..even though they're gettin' old. xD;;

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
I've never played TWEWY, though I always wanted to (still do). So I guess I'll be looking forward to this! : )

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
I managed to understand the entire Kingdom Hearts plot through wiki! : D TWEWY can't be THAT much more complicated...

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
Years
Question: Is there a list of all completed RPs? :I War Between PKM & Humans is about to end and I'm just wondering if there is a list. XD I'd be really interested to see which other ones have made it.
I've only been on PC long enough to see the ending of Odyssey :/

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Question: Is there a list of all completed RPs? :I War Between PKM & Humans is about to end and I'm just wondering if there is a list. XD I'd be really interested to see which other ones have made it.
I've only been on PC long enough to see the ending of Odyssey :/

Odyssey, A New Professor In Town, War Between Pokemon and Humans. That's all I know, currently. :D

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years
yay my RP's on the list. but it's not finished YET! just almost. The ending will be great :D and the RP's so sad right now lol. everyone's dying and sacrificing...after everyone finishes their final 'goodbye' post, then it'll be officially over but it's not over yet! :D feel free to visit it when it's done, the last final posts should be interesting xD (and touching)

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
yay my RP's on the list. but it's not finished YET! just almost. The ending will be great :D and the RP's so sad right now lol. everyone's dying and sacrificing...after everyone finishes their final 'goodbye' post, then it'll be officially over but it's not over yet! :D feel free to visit it when it's done, the last final posts should be interesting xD (and touching)

lol, consider it done, :P AND NO PEOPLE DON'T READ MY LAST POST ALL MY FLAWS WILL BE SEEN D: xD jk, jk. Its a good year for RPing. 2 RPs finishing this year :D

King!

better
Years
Mira's Uprising RP finished, too, just not the sequel. :P

And yeah, this has been a pretty great year for RP'ing so far... WE'RE FINALLY GETTING THINGS RIGHT :3

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Mira's Uprising RP finished, too, just not the sequel. :P

And yeah, this has been a pretty great year for RP'ing so far... WE'RE FINALLY GETTING THINGS RIGHT :3

Oh, yes. The Uprising 1 too. ^_^ the Uprising: Fighting the Pokemon Extinction is added to the list too. :P

What King! said. I hope to see more completed RPs :D

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
Every RP I've joined has died very young. :C

Making my SU for Hydroxylapatite (I love that name <3) right now. Crap, I think I'm running out of character archetypes.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
*cough* I'd like to point out I started this trend of actually finishing RPs...lol jk. But it's good to see RPs actually finishing. You're almost there Lu! I'm proud of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back